PDA

View Full Version : Spl tv

DMR1875
22-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Was just thinking! The way the SPL teams and especially the fans are getting treated by Sky and ESPN TV. Could Scottish football start there own TV channel? The fans could also buy share's in it so to control times the games start. We would not have to brown nose Sky so could play the same time as the English have there game's on. To watch both just record one of them. Fair enough the money wont be there at first but with monthly debits and advertising it would not take long for it to start paying. The most important point is the SPL and teams would be in control. Setanta went to the wall because they paid out to the PGA Golf and boxing but that's not what the channel would be for. opinions please...

DMR1875
22-05-2012, 08:41 PM
It's not STV it's SPL tv. footballs own tv company.

Stewboy
22-05-2012, 08:44 PM
I guess you didn't do marketing or advertising at uni!

Saorsa
22-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Will it be as bent and twisted as everything else about the SPL?

Macaroon
23-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Probably be adverts to buy Old Firm season tickets on every couple minutes.

Beefster
23-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Was just thinking! The way the SPL teams and especially the fans are getting treated by Sky and ESPN TV. Could Scottish football start there own TV channel? The fans could also buy share's in it so to control times the games start. We would not have to brown nose Sky so could play the same time as the English have there game's on. To watch both just record one of them. Fair enough the money wont be there at first but with monthly debits and advertising it would not take long for it to start paying. The most important point is the SPL and teams would be in control. Setanta went to the wall because they paid out to the PGA Golf and boxing but that's not what the channel would be for. opinions please...

Terrible idea.

SquashedFrogg
23-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Terrible idea.

Why?

Gez1875
23-05-2012, 03:00 PM
i think hibs as a club should refuse t.v companys the right to show our home games and play them on hibs t.v for a subscription fee, (even better if we could include our away games). this way all our home games could be on a sat at 15:00 there r hibs fans all over the world that could buy a season ticket for hibs t.v, and the monne goes right into our pockets.

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2012, 03:03 PM
i think hibs as a club should refuse t.v companys the right to show our home games and play them on hibs t.v for a subscription fee, (even better if we could include our away games). this way all our home games could be on a sat at 15:00 there r hibs fans all over the world that could buy a season ticket for hibs t.v, and the monne goes right into our pockets.

:faf: Good idea, but its still :faf::faf:

Gez1875
23-05-2012, 03:06 PM
:faf: Good idea, but its still :faf::faf:

why is that?

Beefster
23-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Why?

It would mainly show OF games.
Because of that, it would be mainly OF subscribers, which would continue the myth that all the money comes from the OF.
It would make Scottish football even more irrelevant outside Scotland.
Kick-off times wouldn't be any better.
It would probably lose money for, at least, the first couple of years.
If the idea was that great, it would have been done in the first couple of time it was considered.

And that's just off the top of my head.

SquashedFrogg
23-05-2012, 04:45 PM
It would mainly show OF games.
Because of that, it would be mainly OF subscribers, which would continue the myth that all the money comes from the OF.
It would make Scottish football even more irrelevant outside Scotland.
Kick-off times wouldn't be any better.
It would probably lose money for, at least, the first couple of years.
If the idea was that great, it would have been done in the first couple of time it was considered.

And that's just off the top of my head.

Fair enough although it was seriously being considered at one stage. I'm not convinced it's a complete non starter.

I guess what we have through SKY at the moment is the best we can expect but if they decide enough is enough then maybe the suggestion will re-emerge.

Some people will hopefully look beyond the OF and what others think of our game.

Opinons eh? :wink:

Scorrie
23-05-2012, 05:02 PM
If this was based on the Dutch model, it could be worth looking at. In Holland, all the Eredivisie clubs have equal coverage and the revenue is split equally. It has proved pretty popular with supporters and clubs so perhpas it could be investigated?