PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon Your A Disgrace

Weir7
22-05-2012, 05:29 PM
You knew Nid wasn't getting a new deal. You could have brought him on against Dunfermline so fans and Nid could say bye.

You showed on Saturday your out your depth. You said players didn't have desire. Players that were brought in during January window. Are you prepared to state you saw them play before they were signed?

Pretty Boy
22-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Lol

DaveF
A manager with no sentiment?

That'll do for me.

Murray had a testimonial where he said goodbye.

Hibbyradge
lol

3pm
22-05-2012, 05:31 PM
No room for sentiment. He never showed any when he went to Ibrox....and rightly so.

blackpoolhibs
He got on the pitch at the end and waved goodbye then, I waved back too.

Steve20
A manager with no sentiment?

That'll do for me.

Murray had a testimonial where he said goodbye.

Exactly.

He shouldn't have even got a testimonial, IMO.

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Well, tbf to Fenlon, we have lost 4 goal leads before, he wasn't taking any chances

truehibernian
22-05-2012, 05:35 PM
You knew Nid wasn't getting a new deal. You could have brought him on against Dunfermline so fans and Nid could say bye.

You showed on Saturday your out your depth. You said players didn't have desire. Players that were brought in during January window. Are you prepared to state you saw them play before they were signed?

Deary deary me. Sentiment before SPL status eh ? Nid did his lap of honour with the players, also played the last game of the season AND the club have afforded him a testimonial year. He was also injured for many weeks and we had a cup final to prepare for.

If you want to say goodbye to Nid personally then pop into The Merlin now and again and buy him a pint.

I wish Ian Murray all the very best, and one day, possibly, he may be a Hibernian manager. But to blame Fenlon for him not getting a 'bow'......come on eh !

matty_f
22-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Fail.

Hibbyradge
Despite the nonsense of the OP, I have a question.

When did Ian Murray find out his contract wasn't being extended?

HibeeHendo
It's like people are now just looking for excuses to slate Fenlon. Geez peace!

WindyMiller
22-05-2012, 05:38 PM

Don't know, but his father told me months ago that this was his last season.

adhibs
22-05-2012, 05:39 PM
haha you murrays mum or something? ian murray didnt deserve a testimonal so fenlon far from a disgrace

The_Todd
22-05-2012, 05:41 PM
What a joke. Using a sub just so they can say goodbye? That's not a reason to pick a player. If he did that then he'd get blasted.

ShanksSaidNo
22-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Get aff yer high horse! You dont actually care about Murray's lack of a send off - you're just using it as a stick to beat Fenlon with. If he didn't get on in either of these games yet we stayed up and won the cup you wouldn't have batted an eyelid!

darwenhibby
22-05-2012, 05:43 PM
He got on the pitch at the end and waved goodbye then, I waved back too.

Mills and Boon isn't dead with you around.

Hopefully we can get rid o that other Murray:wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Mills and Boon isn't dead with you around.

Hopefully we can get rid o that other Murray:wink:

:greengrin When you going to get rid of that avatar, Damion needs a new hero?

HibsMax
22-05-2012, 05:47 PM
What is Fenlon's "A Disgrace". ;)

Hibs90
22-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Richard Shortel ‏@ShortelR
@IanMurray6 is there still a chance of an offer from us? we look a bit light on coaching staff also? #ggtth

8h Ian Murray Ian Murray ‏@IanMurray6
@ShortelR im too young for coaching mate.contract up end of month.heard nothing.

He didn't know 8 hours ago anyway.

BroxburnHibee
22-05-2012, 05:48 PM

:hilarious

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 05:53 PM

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 05:56 PM
@IanMurray6 is there still a chance of an offer from us? we look a bit light on coaching staff also? #ggtth

@ShortelR im too young for coaching mate.contract up end of month.heard nothing.

He is very open about the fact that he cannot say anything over twitter. Isn't it very likely he was just saying that in order to ensure no rumours were started

Saorsa
22-05-2012, 06:00 PM
what a load of cobblers

Danny_Hibee
22-05-2012, 06:00 PM

Grammar: The difference between knowing your , and knowing you're

Hibbyradge
22-05-2012, 06:02 PM

In which case, how could he wave goodbye?

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/383556_316290281769427_316287321769723_843967_4677 28302_n.jpg

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2012, 06:04 PM

He didn't know 8 hours ago anyway.Didn't McPake say that that Murray twitter was fake?

Hibbyradge
22-05-2012, 06:05 PM

Has he got a B disgrace?

How many disgraces does he have?

I think we should be told.

TamHibs
22-05-2012, 06:08 PM

That you Ian?....

HibbySpurs
22-05-2012, 06:10 PM

So far from actually being concerned about Murray's emotions your real point is that because of Saturday PF is out of his depth?

Well IMO there's no room for sentimentality in football so why sould he have bought him on against the Pars? What was he going to offer to the game?

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Pat is small, thats the main reason he's out of his depth.

DarrenSQH
Didn't he wave goodbye to us at the end of the 3 nil game at ibrox?

Hibercelona
Pat is small, thats the main reason he's out of his depth.

:greengrin

jdships
22-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Exactly.

He shouldn't have even got a testimonial, IMO.

:thumbsup:

Hibernia Na Eir
22-05-2012, 06:23 PM

rubbish.

HibsMax
22-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Grammar: The difference between knowing your , and knowing you're

That's easy, I'm both. :)

Hibernia Na Eir
22-05-2012, 06:38 PM
remind us all of the gesture Murray gave to Hibs fans the time he wore the blue n white?

ForrieGreen
22-05-2012, 06:45 PM
:greengrin When you going to get rid of that avatar, Damion needs a new hero?

HAHA and its not like you can use the picture of him with Doherty either:rotflmao:

Brizo
22-05-2012, 06:48 PM
ive never got the Murray love in. Never lived up to potential altho I appreciate injuries played their part.

He got his big money move which no modern day player would turn down. However he made a calculated business choice with no regard for sentiment which is exactly what PF and the club have done now. It works both ways. He cant have any complaints , hes made a good living from Hibs , periods of it more often than not on the treatment table , and received imo an undeserved testimonial.

Ive never got the Nid nickname either. Is he not some posh boy from Bruntsfield ? If it was meant as some kind of homage to King Paddy, Murray couldnt lace his boots.

greenlex
22-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Didn't he wave goodbye to us at the end of the 3 nil game at ibrox?

To be fair it was only one fifth of a wave. Fenlon should have given him the opportunity to give us the other four fifths.:greengrin

chorley_fm
22-05-2012, 06:54 PM
post count +1

Albion Hibs
22-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Disgrace is probably a bit strong but it if Fenlon knew at that stage Murray would not be getting a new contract then I think the right thing to do would have been giving him 10 mins at the end of the game as a last outing in front of the easter road crowd.

It is not unusual, in fact pretty common, I know Sky sports said something about the boy who manages Swansea getting a few plaudits from the players and the fans for doing similar things.

Perhaps best to assume that at that stage Fenlon was not sure of the situation as apposed to a bit managerially naive.

Hibbyradge
22-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Disgrace is probably a bit strong but it if Fenlon knew at that stage Murray would not be getting a new contract then I think the right thing to do would have been giving him 10 mins at the end of the game as a last outing in front of the easter road crowd.

It is not unusual, in fact pretty common, I know Sky sports said something about the boy who manages Swansea getting a few plaudits from the players and the fans for doing similar things.

Perhaps best to assume that at that stage Fenlon was not sure of the situation as apposed to a bit managerially naive.

There will be loads of players leaving who didn't get on against Dunfermline.

Should they all have been given 10 mins?

Albion Hibs
22-05-2012, 07:14 PM
There will be loads of players leaving who didn't get on against Dunfermline.

Should they all have been given 10 mins?

If they had given 10 years to the club then yes.

loanheadhibby
22-05-2012, 07:18 PM
If they had given 10 years to the club then yes.

Step in the right direction unfortunately. Needed to be done. All the best to ian Murray with his next club.

S.sct
22-05-2012, 07:21 PM

No sentiment, all the best Ian but we need change and now.

snooky
22-05-2012, 07:22 PM

PF was probably 'undecided' and went on holiday to 'think' about it before telling IM of his decision. :coffee:

smurf
22-05-2012, 09:09 PM

Rubbish. In a relegation battle there was no place for sentimental crap.

WindyMiller
22-05-2012, 09:12 PM
ive never got the Murray love in. Never lived up to potential altho I appreciate injuries played their part.

He got his big money move which no modern day player would turn down. However he made a calculated business choice with no regard for sentiment which is exactly what PF and the club have done now. It works both ways. He cant have any complaints , hes made a good living from Hibs , periods of it more often than not on the treatment table , and received imo an undeserved testimonial.

Ive never got the Nid nickname either. Is he not some posh boy from Bruntsfield ?No. If it was meant as some kind of homage to King Paddy,No. Murray couldnt lace his boots. Correct.

1 from 3, could do better.

zlatan
22-05-2012, 09:14 PM
post count +1

http://i49.tinypic.com/2upb6de.jpg

vercol36
22-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Anyone who wears a tracksuit to a cup final can rightfully be labelled a 'disgrace.' Ashamed to see Fenlon following the Neil Lennon dressed-down boke-fest.

HibsMax
22-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Anyone who wears a tracksuit to a cup final can rightfully be labelled a 'disgrace.' Ashamed to see Fenlon following the Neil Lennon dressed-down boke-fest.

That's utter balls but I am a Bellichick fan so that's hardly a surprise. He could wear his wife's underwear for all I care, just get the job done. :)

Dinkydoo
22-05-2012, 09:23 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/5181aa10-03f2-e068.jpg

Baldy Foghorn
22-05-2012, 10:30 PM

Dear oh dear.......Nid played at Inverness, waved goodbye there....OK?

smurf
22-05-2012, 10:38 PM

Before kick off he was suited. For kick off in what he felt comfortable with.

Hibbyradge
22-05-2012, 11:26 PM
You just got away with that FAIL, Fergy!

I was too slow getting the photo url!

lol

LeithBoozy
22-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Write to the Hibs and ask if they can set aside a wee bit of wall behind the East, we can call it the Nidi wailing wall. All of his devoted fans can go there and have a good greet at half time, alternatively go up to George St and buy him a pint. :rolleyes:

R'Albin
22-05-2012, 11:54 PM

Good it wasn't just me who was irritated by that!

Grammar: The difference between helping your Uncle Jack, off the horse and helping your Uncle jack off the horse.

The_Exile
23-05-2012, 02:50 PM

Wah bwah bwah wah wah

Hiya Ian, Hiya Pal :bye:

jacomo
23-05-2012, 03:32 PM
That's utter balls but I am a Bellichick fan so that's hardly a surprise. He could wear his wife's underwear for all I care, just get the job done. :)

You're right, it's the result that counts... oh.

ManBearPig
23-05-2012, 03:32 PM

Glad I am not the only one who has respect for the English language.

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 04:30 PM
You're right, it's the result that counts... oh.

LOL. Let's not blame anything on Fenlon's attire.

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Glad I am not the only one who has respect for the English language.

I usually ignore the whole "were vs where", "your vs you're" and "there, their, they're" mistakes but sometimes you need to pick up on these things, if only to lighten the mood a little.

Brizo
23-05-2012, 05:00 PM
1 from 3, could do better.

Out of interest where is he from. I was sure he was at Boroughmuir school and came from that area. Is "Nid" really a Nid ?

Pretty Boy
23-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Out of interest where is he from. I was sure he was at Boroughmuir school and came from that area. Is "Nid" really a Nid ?

Check his feet.

If there's socks present, he's no nid.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-05-2012, 05:07 PM

I think a question mark should've been used instead of a full stop in that sentence.

Sorry HM. ;-)

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 05:17 PM
I think a question mark should've been used instead of a full stop in that sentence.

Sorry HM. ;-)

Hey? if you can?t take the heat? stay out of the kitchen?

Rossco1875
23-05-2012, 05:22 PM

He did let him on at inverness away as fenlon knew all the uber fans were there the real fans :greengrin

clerriehibs
23-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Good it wasn't just me who was irritated by that!

Grammar: The difference between helping your Uncle Jack, off the horse and helping your Uncle jack off the horse.

Close ... that would either be "helping your Uncle Jack off the horse" or "helping your uncle jack off the horse" but not mixed capitalisation.

Franck Stanton
23-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Rubbish. In a relegation battle there was no place for sentimental crap.

Correct, anyway, there have been poads of better players then Murray that have left the Club over the years without the apparrent fuss his leaving is causing. Get over it lads, yes he has been a good servant to the Club, but, football being football, it's just his time to move on.

As for the op statement , how can you honestly say that Fenlon is a disgrace ? You state because Murray didn't get on to say "goodbye". Take it you weren't up at Inverness then. Think you were just wanting a pop at Fenlon and used Murray as your excuse. Stupid and incorrect statement.