PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Hibs close to administration?

SkintHibby
22-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Please do not jump down my throat but a decent Rangers support workmate (yes, they do exist) told me this morning that his mate is good friends with Fife Hyland. According to what Fife told his mate, Hibs were about to go into administration recently but the £100K for reaching the final and the £200K gate receipts were enough to stave off that threat. Seemingly also, Petrie has been given the job of finding potential new buyers for the club. I'm not privy to what is going on at ER but Fife is on his way out, is that correct?

Don't have a go at me - just reporting what I was told this morning!

Can I ask, does anyone know what part of Scotland Fife lives?

Jones28
22-05-2012, 02:52 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH! PANIC!

Seriously, I would tell your mate tae get! :aok:

If Hibs are so close to administration why is the first anyone has heard of it a rumour from a Rangers supporter?

Not having a go, just asking :wink:

Lofarl
Unlike Rangers or Hearts for that matter. Hibs have always published their accounts on time. There has never been any inkling of us going into administration. There is only one team in Edinburgh that will be going into administration any time soon. I will give you a hint. They do not play in green.

Judas Iscariot
Please do not jump down my throat but a decent Rangers support workmate (yes, they do exist) told me this morning that his mate is good friends with Fife Hyland. According to what Fife told his mate, Hibs were about to go into administration recently but the £100K for reaching the final and the £200K gate receipts were enough to stave off that threat. Seemingly also, Petrie has been given the job of finding potential new buyers for the club. I'm not privy to what is going on at ER but Fife is on his way out, is that correct?

Sorry but..

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

ancient hibee
22-05-2012, 03:39 PM
A mate of a mate of a mate.Oh well.

Explain to the Rangers supporting lunatic that a club goes into administration when it is unable to pay its debts.

The club has been for sale to the right buyer for at least 10 years.

CB_NO3
22-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Fife ???????

Gez1875
22-05-2012, 03:44 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH! PANIC!

Seriously, I would tell your mate tae get! :aok:

If Hibs are so close to administration why is the first anyone has heard of it a rumour from a Rangers supporter?

Not having a go, just asking :wink:

well put! it sounds like the normal p*sh those sub morons talk, the only difference this time is someone believed it!

Big Frank
22-05-2012, 03:45 PM

bag o *****

CB_NO3
22-05-2012, 03:45 PM
We have some guys on this board who say we now have the 2nd biggest wage budget in the league, and some now saying we are in administration. Hibs.Net has worse sources than the Daily Mail.

SlickShoes
22-05-2012, 03:48 PM
My Uncle's brother's son told me that hibs are around £5million in the red and will have to sell the training complex in order to get out of the red, the plan is to just rent time at the centre and have lothian district council buy it.

Paisley Hibby
22-05-2012, 03:49 PM

Like that's something that someone in his position would happen to mention to a mate in a casual conversation? Aye right, I smell *****. :na na:

MSK
22-05-2012, 03:50 PM
We have some guys on this board who say we now have the 2nd biggest wage budget in the league, and some now saying we are in administration. Hibs.Net has worse sources than the Daily Mail.You mean ONE person who heard from a rangers supporting friend who was told by Fife ...aye good ...:greengrin

DC_Hibs
"Please do not jump down my throat"

Why not, you posted this total rubbish.

Baker9
Unlike Rangers or Hearts for that matter. Hibs have always published their accounts on time. There has never been any inkling of us going into administration. There is only one team in Edinburgh that will be going into administration any time soon. I will give you a hint. They do not play in green.

You mean the same team that were going into administration 3 years ago and in that time have been humping us all over the Central Belt? I no longer believe any financial rumours about them and they'll probably be humping us for years to come.

Haymaker
22-05-2012, 03:51 PM
My Uncle's brother's son told me that hibs are around £5million in the red and will have to sell the training complex in order to get out of the red, the plan is to just rent time at the centre and have lothian district council buy it.

Nonsense Scott, I heard from this east fife fan in the pub that HE heard from his sisters dug that hibs never cleared their debt in the 90s and easter road is just a myth.

Pretty Boy
22-05-2012, 03:52 PM
If Fife is disclosing this kind of info, sensitive corporate information, to his 'good friends' then I'm glad he's been told to bolt.

Also if, IF, he did tell someone this in confidence I'm not sure how much of a 'good friend' that person really is if they then go blabbing away.

DH1875
22-05-2012, 03:52 PM

What's that got to do with it :confused:.

cocopops1875
22-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Has any football ever went into administration over 100k ? Sounds like total baws

SteveHFC
22-05-2012, 03:54 PM
There's more chance of us winning the scottish cup than us going into admin :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
Boca oberto? As they say in Portuguese - at least the green goblin may laugh...

Seriously? At times like these folks would do wise not to bit at the bait dangled by yams and other cretins.

Thomson

Bit contradictory. Asking people not to jump down your throat, then the rest is begging for a bollocking.

:faf:

CB_NO3

My mate told me the same. We have very little cash at all and we stole a plane from Edinburgh Airport for the Ireland trip before the final. We could not take the 20+ personel on a normal flight. We also had no money to pay for the hotel that we stayed in while over in Ireland so Rod got 10 x 2man tents from Tesco for £8 each. I thought it was a waste of money buying these tents and we should have saved the money and trained at East Mains.

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Sounds like a Hun trying to point out that everybody else is just as bad as them. Sorry, but we aren't. He is talking mince. If it were true, I think we'd have heard rumours from a reliable source and not from a Hun.

matty_f
22-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Hibs are close to administration in the same way as I'm close to getting my Nat King with Angelina Jolie.

jgl07
22-05-2012, 04:06 PM
please do not jump down my throat but a decent rangers support workmate (yes, they do exist) told me this morning that his mate is good friends with fife hyland. According to what fife told his mate, hibs were about to go into administration recently but the £100k for reaching the final and the £200k gate receipts were enough to stave off that threat. Seemingly also, petrie has been given the job of finding potential new buyers for the club. I'm not privy to what is going on at er but fife is on his way out, is that correct?

Don't have a go at me - just reporting what i was told this morning!

Can i ask, does anyone know what part of scotland fife lives?

ltyf!

offshorehibby
22-05-2012, 04:07 PM
from what i can see the OP made the mistake of listening to a hun in the first place.

steakbake
22-05-2012, 04:11 PM
You should remind your Rangers pal that all we need to do is go into administration, launch a newco and all will be well.

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2012, 04:13 PM
You should remind your Rangers pal that all we need to do is go into administration, launch a newco and all will be well.

:faf::faf: :top marks

hibbiedon
22-05-2012, 04:17 PM

:flag::flag::flag:
Thats Magic! Come back as new Hibs, everyone can laugh at us cause we have never one the cup for a year. Tell your hun mate to bolt

Prawn Sandwich
22-05-2012, 04:22 PM
I heard that all Hibs fans were hypnotised by a Jambo Magician and we all believe we lost 5-1 at Hampden last weekend when the real truth is we won 3-0. Matt Docherty scored a hatrick. You heard it here first.

Bostonhibby
22-05-2012, 04:22 PM

You could always ask him which part of Hibs going concern certified accounts and surprisingly strong assett base for a football club it is that leads him to think we are going into administration. Either that or which debt it is we have / can't pay that would result in this situation.

Revenue from the cup run will be more than £200k

Huns and financial matters - doesn't add up!

down-the-slope
22-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Hibs are close to administration in the same way as I'm close to getting my Nat King with Angelina Jolie.

Well if you post that vid on Youtube on a MIKEY channel then the cash raised from ad click hits will be enough to pay off creditors....buy STF's shares...fund PF's summer splash....and you might have enough left for a nice bottle of red and a Pizza - to enjoy the rerun :greengrin

Chibs
22-05-2012, 04:25 PM
I've got a mate who knows the granny of the hairdresser who cuts Lionel Messi's hair and told me that Messi is a diehard Hibee.Aparently after watching the cup cowards display in the final he demanded his agents get him a contract at hibs and was willing to pay 1million a year just to play in front of the best fans in the world. GOSPEL

Still hurting

Ggtth

Bostonhibby
22-05-2012, 04:26 PM
If Fife is disclosing this kind of info, sensitive corporate information, to his 'good friends' then I'm glad he's been told to bolt.

Also if, IF, he did tell someone this in confidence I'm not sure how much of a 'good friend' that person really is if they then go blabbing away.

:agree: Still a director with all the legal obligations and penalties that go with it so seems extremely unlikely he would risk the consequences of disclosing this type of info to some guy who seems to have the financial nous of a goldfish if he believes it to be true.

Baker9
22-05-2012, 04:29 PM

Been there. Believe me its all hype and she has terrible wind.

TheMentalHibees
22-05-2012, 04:29 PM
How has this codswallop turned into a two page thread?

SRHibs
22-05-2012, 04:31 PM

Exactly! Rod's just gonna play it smart here. Turn us into a new-co to rid us of our debt. Hell, we should just break the bank and enter the SPL as a new-co every season! :aok:

Gettin' Auld
22-05-2012, 04:35 PM

If you wanna know where Fife lives, why don't you just ask your mates mate? He should know as apparantly he's a good friend of Fife's.

As for the rest of the post.....................PISH!!

Hibrandenburg
22-05-2012, 04:36 PM

Yam fuddery!

Hermit Crab
22-05-2012, 04:38 PM
I heard this thread is a wind up for our resident yams to drool over and post about it on sick back.

Geo_1875
22-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Bloody typical Hibs. Always the wee team, can't even go into administration for a decent wedge.

Do people really believe this pish or expect others to?

Hibernia Na Eir
22-05-2012, 04:40 PM

this is bizarre because I was told the same story about Hearts!

Hibrandenburg
22-05-2012, 04:50 PM
I heard that Hibs will be awarded the Scottish cup because it turns out that Hearts have been paying their players illegal 2nd salaries.

cocopops1875
22-05-2012, 04:53 PM
How has this codswallop turned into a two page thread?

coz laughing at daft stuff is fun

The_Todd
22-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Fail.

Leishy1995
22-05-2012, 05:00 PM
You'd think people like this would realise how bullcrap it is.

Rossco1875
22-05-2012, 05:01 PM
if hibs go into administration I will sit in a bath of beans:aok:

Hibs90
22-05-2012, 05:12 PM
ltyf!

Yam fuddery!

I heard this thread is a wind up for our resident yams to drool over and post about it on sick back.

Agree with this. Can't believe some folk are believing this garbage.

woodyloon
22-05-2012, 05:15 PM

And our history will change over night = years since Scottish Cup won= 0 years :rolleyes:

One Day Soon
22-05-2012, 05:17 PM

Seriously, LT(thick)YF.

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 05:19 PM

Fife stays in Fife.

Source: I live there.

Hibbyradge
22-05-2012, 05:24 PM

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5553/motivator6f9d61dbc021c3.jpg

sadtom
22-05-2012, 05:27 PM

Sorry bud but you are talking complete and utter, unadulterated, Sheeeite! 'Decent Rangers supporter' - Gie yersel a shake!!

p.s. As soon as i see anyone starting a sentance with 'dont jump down my throat...' i get the same initial feeling as when i hear someone say "i'm no' a racist, but..."

BarneyK
22-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Deary me...administration...that's a cracker. Well done with that one...:faf:

matty_f
22-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Been there. Believe me its all hype and she has terrible wind.

:agree: Angelina Toley.:greengrin

chrisski33
22-05-2012, 05:54 PM

And u believed him?

Why would a fyfe tell a mate we were close to administration?

Beefster
22-05-2012, 05:58 PM
I cant figure out why a Hibs supporter would post this when it's obviously nonsense and is just going to be used by the Orcs from Gorgie to have a wee girlie giggle.

LaMotta
22-05-2012, 06:04 PM
I cant figure out why a Hibs supporter would post this when it's obviously nonsense and is just going to be used by the Orcs from Gorgie to have a wee girlie giggle.

The OP is the most blatantly obvious Yam on here, his previous posts from Hearts vs Hibs game thread at Tynecastle make it transparent.

Can't believe anyone would listen to this.

hibee_nation
22-05-2012, 06:09 PM
C,mon admins don't be as soft as the team when it comes to dealing with yams, get him launched :hnet:

HibbySpurs
22-05-2012, 06:20 PM

:top marksfor originality like...

Have you actually watched Hibs recently? You do realise part of the reason we've been so bad is that our board are hell bent on the club "living within it's means"......

The thought that we could go into administration after years of worse "fiscal austerity" than Greece is truly mind numbing.....

If this was true the only answer would be that STF & RP had been "cooking the books" for years and they may be many things but thieves, I doubt that very much.

HibbySpurs
22-05-2012, 06:22 PM
The OP is the most blatantly obvious Yam on here, his previous posts from Hearts vs Hibs game thread at Tynecastle make it transparent.

Can't believe anyone would listen to this.

I dunno mind I'm sure I've seen Augustus your avatar mincing around ER for years, asking STF & RP for "their details" & "pin number", obviously they fell for it & we're ****ed:greengrin

Sudds_1
22-05-2012, 06:45 PM
]My Uncle's brother's son [/B]told me that hibs are around £5million in the red and will have to sell the training complex in order to get out of the red, the plan is to just rent time at the centre and have lothian district council buy it.

your cousin then? :rolleyes:

cocopops1875
22-05-2012, 06:52 PM
your cousin then? :rolleyes:

Or Himself :wink:

The Baldmans Comb
22-05-2012, 07:03 PM

Thanks for cheering me up as I needed someone to make themselves look utterlly ridiculous and you are the one.:greengrin

Complete bonkers as one glance at any of the statutory accounts for the last 5 years would show.

ancienthibby
22-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks for cheering me up as I needed someone to make themselves look utterlly ridiculous and you are the one.:greengrin

Complete bonkers as one glance at any of the statutory accounts for the last 5 years would show.

Don't think so!

The OP may be a speculator of sorts, but raising the point may serve to warn all those happy-clappy posters who think the Tacheman just has to unzip his wallet that all will be well.

For me, the Hibs cashflow situation is tight and I can imagine that paying a £100k bill might well have to be put in the delayed queue, until the SC monies are received>:aok:

Oh and the historical accounts are out of date once their end-date has passed!:greengrin

HibeeMG
22-05-2012, 08:42 PM
http://blog.tmcnet.com/voice-of-ip/images/Dads Army Frazier - doomed.png

CRAZYHIBBY
22-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Tick tock

One Day Soon
22-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Tick tock

Yay, tick tock Hibs.

Typical, we're such a wee team that we can't even do it with a submariner.

LaMotta
22-05-2012, 09:29 PM
I dunno mind I'm sure I've seen Augustus your avatar mincing around ER for years, asking STF & RP for "their details" & "pin number", obviously they fell for it & we're ****ed:greengrin

I got Rod's Monies :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
22-05-2012, 09:33 PM

Are you Brad Pitt? :worried:

sahib
22-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Don't think so!

The OP may be a speculator of sorts, but raising the point may serve to warn all those happy-clappy posters who think the Tacheman just has to unzip his wallet that all will be well.

For me, the Hibs cashflow situation is tight and I can imagine that paying a £100k bill might well have to be put in the delayed queue, until the SC monies are received>:aok:

Oh and the historical accounts are out of date once their end-date has passed!:greengrin

I suspect the accounts will not make comfortable reading ( I don't really understand them ). Paid out a fortune on a large squad of duds and probably to get rid of some and the manager. Rising costs - East Mains and falling attendances possibly poor ST sales. No stars to sell. Did we not have an operating loss of about a million last financial year? Do we still have a relatively large debt in the form of mortgages?
I would believe the worst could happen to any organisation in the current climate. Half the western world is ****ed financially

SkintHibby
23-05-2012, 03:49 AM
I will link this thread to my friend at work.

Thanks.

SkintHibby
23-05-2012, 03:53 AM
Yam fuddery!

No Hearts involvement mate. One Hibee - me, one hun with no interest in Hibs but possible clutching at administration straws lol.

SkintHibby
23-05-2012, 04:06 AM

Is that because I dont exude positive posts from what is happening at Hibs?

Sorry, in my 42 years if I think that supporting Hibs means avoiding relegation and getting horsed by the maroon balloons in a cup final is acceptable then so be it.:rolleyes:

TrickyNicky
23-05-2012, 04:35 AM
I suspect the accounts will not make comfortable reading ( I don't really understand them ). Paid out a fortune on a large squad of duds and probably to get rid of some and the manager. Rising costs - East Mains and falling attendances possibly poor ST sales. No stars to sell. Did we not have an operating loss of about a million last financial year? Do we still have a relatively large debt in the form of mortgages?
I would believe the worst could happen to any organisation in the current climate. Half the western world is ****ed financially

I tend to agree with this a little.

Losing money is losing money in my opinion and anything is possible.

For an honest club like Hibs - going into debt and losing money in a financial year I'd imagine is looked upon as a disaster and the shame that comes with it is to be avoided at all costs.

I don't think it matters whether the bad debt is big or small anymore.

Clubs such as Rangers and Hearts are dishonest and do not care, it seems to me that only sheer luck has managed to save them thus far, by cheating the system have they managed to stay in business but the tide seems to be turning - even if it is a bit too slow for my liking.

The Falcon
23-05-2012, 04:43 AM
Don't think so!

Being in the "delayed queue" is quite a way from teetering on the brink of administration.

Has STF not guaranteed all/most of the loans and spending anyway so if we were to enter admin all these bills would fall due, requiring STF to pay in full?

steakbake
23-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Being in the "delayed queue" is quite a way from teetering on the brink of administration.

Has STF not guaranteed all/most of the loans and spending anyway so if we were to enter admin all these bills would fall due, requiring STF to pay in full?

Translation:

1. It's standard business practice not to pay bills when they fall due?

2. We owe the money to ourselves?

We've become the Yams but without the 'special relationship' with the cup.

Anyhow, I'm amazed this thread has got to 3 pages!

The Falcon
23-05-2012, 05:43 AM
Translation:

No its not. Its a statement of fact.

All that it said was that in order for to be on the "brink" we would be getting dragged through the courts. We are not.

Furthermore why let it happen when you are going to have to cough any way? There is nothing about this story that makes any sense.

steakbake
23-05-2012, 05:46 AM
No its not. Its a statement of fact.

All that it said was that in order for to be on the "brink" we would be getting dragged through the courts. We are not.

Furthermore why let it happen when you are going to have to cough any way? There is nothing about this story that makes any sense.

No, I agree: it's total rubbish.

IWasThere2016
23-05-2012, 06:25 AM

We did make an operating loss last year of c. 12% of turnover, and our cash balance was shored up by a loan from Holding Co (STF) - without we only had a few months cash left to cover the larger losses this year. So our cash situation is very tight and an issue - particularly if STF does not sanction a further injection. I said when the accounts came out the we'd need an on the park miracle to avoid losses of 25%-30% of turnover as last year's loss was after player sales/add-ons and ER attendances were falling. The SC run will have not helped that much, and - as I have also stated before - it is possible Hibs will have to restruucture its debts (as the cash positiin is so poor). Spending the last of it on the East and taking on more debt was a mistake .. There was never any business need for it!

Haven't we brought on a director with debt-restructuring expertise recently?

I doubt we are near admin - STF would NOT imho allow that to happen. But as a business we are regressing - the 3 best measures are Balance Sheet strength,recurring profitability (P+L) and cash .. In the last two we are wanting and deteriorating. And a debt restructuring to release cash to cover losses will take the shine off the Balance Sheet.

Our finances are not good, and certainly not as rosey as some on here would have you believe. It is and has been ever-decreasing circles at ER for the last 5 years ..

RIP
23-05-2012, 06:32 AM
Anyone who thinks after 4 years messing up on contracts for scores of journeymen, falling gates, higher than expected running costs for East Mains, severe cost cutting measures and redundancies we are not in severe financial difficulties they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Brian Houston, an expert in restructuring businesses recently joined the board and one of his first measures was to make Fife Hyland redundant

The sooner this club is suplemented by non-salaried volunteers the better as far as I'm concerned. We have a number of long-time Hibbies with time and talent who would give their right arm to be able to give something back to the club. Not every job needs a salary

Barney McGrew
23-05-2012, 06:33 AM
The SC run will have not helped that much

IIRC, the club budget to reach the quarter final of each cup competition each year.

To suggest the additional income from ticket revenue, TV, sponsorship, merchandise etc. plus the additional season tickets sold on the back of it will not have helped much is frankly ridiculous.

NAE NOOKIE
23-05-2012, 06:41 AM
Oh no ........ Cant believe it .. first the cup final, now this. What a disaster for Hibs.

I think to cheer myself up I'm going to get on my private jet and fly off to join up with my luxury yacht in Monaco. My 3 supermodel girlfriends should be able to cheer me up.

Thank goodness you gave us this information though. Its best to know.

Beefster
23-05-2012, 06:48 AM

As a Business Consultant, he may well have debt restructuring experience but, seeing as we have accountants coming out of our ears, I'd imagine that his experience in Change Management will be more relevant to what Hibs need to do.

We've been screaming for years about how Hibs need to change the way things are run, this guy will aid that (although it would be good to get someone with successful footballing experience in to review the way the footballing dept. is run).

poolman
23-05-2012, 07:06 AM

http://i46.tinypic.com/1zbh4jb.jpg

s.a.m
23-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Translation:

To be fair, our relationship with the SC is, in its own way, 'special'. :greengrin

Hibeesmad
23-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Haha what a load of crap!

matty_f
23-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Gogs, Fife isn't being made redundant- he resigned of his own accord.

Golden Bear
23-05-2012, 07:30 AM

And he gave the Club near enough 12 months notice into the bargain.

Littlest Hobo
23-05-2012, 07:43 AM
[QUOTE=TQM;3242601]Spending the last of it on the East and taking on more debt was a mistake .. There was never any business need for it!

I've had this discussion with a few stubborn Hibees that just didn't see it this way.

The price of metal was low and planning permission running out rapidly.

It was a massive mistake as far as I'm concerned, we put all our eggs in one basket so to speak.

The team on the park has been neglected and lord have we payed for it.

RickyS
23-05-2012, 07:46 AM
[QUOTE=TQM;3242601]Spending the last of it on the East and taking on more debt was a mistake .. There was never any business need for it!

I've had this discussion with a few stubborn Hibees that just didn't see it this way.

It was a massive mistake as far as I'm concerned, we put all our eggs in one basket so to speak.

said the same last night, i would still rather be sat in that old East Stand and watching a team that can compete with clubs half our size

IWasThere2016
23-05-2012, 07:55 AM
IIRC, the club budget to reach the quarter final of each cup competition each year.

To suggest the additional income from ticket revenue, TV, sponsorship, merchandise etc. plus the additional season tickets sold on the back of it will not have helped much is frankly ridiculous.

I bet they didn't budget for crowds falling, sacking CC, paying players off etc .. See it in context :wink: and it is not 'ridiculous'

IWasThere2016
23-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Anyone who thinks after 4 years messing up on contracts for scores of journeymen, falling gates, higher than expected running costs for East Mains, severe cost cutting measures and redundancies we are not in severe financial difficulties they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Brian Houston, an expert in restructuring businesses recently joined the board and one of his first measures was to make Fife Hyland redundant

The sooner this club is suplemented by non-salaried volunteers the better as far as I'm concerned. We have a number of long-time Hibbies with time and talent who would give their right arm to be able to give something back to the club. Not every job needs a salary

:top marks

As a Business Consultant, he may well have debt restructuring experience but, seeing as we have accountants coming out of our ears, I'd imagine that his experience in Change Management will be more relevant to what Hibs need to do.

We've been screaming for years about how Hibs need to change the way things are run, this guy will aid that (although it would be good to get someone with successful footballing experience in to review the way the footballing dept. is run).

Cheers - change is needed. A change in personnel would be a great start.

Spending the last of it on the East and taking on more debt was a mistake .. There was never any business need for it!

Yup. Spending the last of the cash/increasing debt in the depths of a recession was a massive mistake IMHO.

BarneyK
23-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Ok, so how does oor Rod's recent "sporting integrity" stance play with Hibs being in financial difficulty? Don't sound right to me :dunno:

green glory
23-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Delete this thread please. Trolling Yams must be loving it. We're nowhere near going into administration.

Delete please.

Chuck Rhoades
23-05-2012, 08:32 AM

Cracking post. We have a vast amount of knowledge, experience and talent within our support and more Hibs fans should sit on the board, even to advise the suits. I bet there are a lot of people out there who would give up hours of their time to support the board in their day-to-day tasks.

dutchhibby
23-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Delete this thread please. Trolling Yams must be loving it. We're nowhere near going into administration.

Delete please.

^^this

IWasThere2016
23-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Ok, so how does oor Rod's recent "sporting integrity" stance play with Hibs being in financial difficulty? Don't sound right to me :dunno:

We're no cheating. Nor will we.

BarneyK
23-05-2012, 09:11 AM
We're no cheating. Nor will we.

Aye obviously, but if we're struggling financially it would make more sense to have the Huns in the SPL than not, and the impression we all got from his interview was that we would vote against this (should they go to a newco).

Hibbyradge
23-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Building the stand was absolutely the right thing to do, imo.

We got it for a rock bottom price and in time, before the planning permission ran out.

The old east stand had to be replaced, if not then, at some point in the not to distant future.

There's a risk in every business decision. Had the money been given to different players, their previous clubs and their agents, we may still have flirted with relegation, but we'd have nothing in the bank and a dilapidated stadium on our hands.

At least this way, we have no more infrastructure costs to worry about.

I guess it's short termism versus long termism, but I can't think of any club in the world that has had sustained success without keeping their eye on the long game.

Just compare Portsmouth and Leeds to Swansea and Norwich.

Or look at Hearts. They have a fire risk of a stadium which they must rebuild, but they are millions in debt.

They've just won the Scottish Cup for the third time in 14 years, yet they can't balance their books or fill their stadium.

I'm as disappointed as anyone with our performances since Mowbray left, but I'm certain finishing the stadium when we did will reap us benefits.

IWasThere2016
23-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Aye obviously, but if we're struggling financially it would make more sense to have the Huns in the SPL than not, and the impression we all got from his interview was that we would vote against this (should they go to a newco).

Not how I see it, and perhaps not as RP/the Board see it., and if NewCo is allowed what is to stop a repeat by Rangers or Hearts or AN Other .. the situation would be farcical. Our vote - and the overall vote - has to be NO.

jdships
23-05-2012, 09:48 AM

We got it for a rock bottom price and in time, before the planning permission ran out.

The old east stand had to be replaced, if not then, at some point in the not to distant future.

There's a risk in every business decision. Had the money been given to different players, their previous clubs and their agents, we may still have flirted with relegation, but we'd have nothing in the bank and a dilapidated stadium on our hands.

I guess it's short termism versus long termism, but I can't think of any club in the world that has had sustained success without keeping their eye on the long game.

Or look at Hearts. They have a fire risk of a stadium which they must rebuild, but they are millions in debt.

They've just won the Scottish Cup for the third time in 14 years, yet they can't balance their books or fill their stadium.

I'm as disappointed as anyone with our performances since Mowbray left, but I'm certain finishing the stadium when we did will reap us benefits.

After eactly 100 posts along comes " Hibbyradge" with the first well thought out and objective post !!
Well done
I give you 11 out of 10 :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
23-05-2012, 10:08 AM

:agree: Fully agree Radge man.

IWasThere2016
23-05-2012, 10:26 AM

Rock bottom - not if we have to unneccessarily borrow and restructure our debts. If our eye was on the long game there would be long term mortgages on all infrastructure.

And, what benefits are you certain of?

Barney McGrew
23-05-2012, 02:27 PM
I bet they didn't budget for crowds falling, sacking CC, paying players off etc .. See it in context :wink: and it is not 'ridiculous'

Of course they won't have budgeted for that. But they won't have budgeted for a cup final or selling 10-11k season tickets next season either.

Are you still trying to suggest it won't make a huge difference?

Smidge
23-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Rock bottom - not if we have to unneccessarily borrow and restructure our debts. If our eye was on the long game there would be long term mortgages on all infrastructure.

There is long-term debt on all the infrastructure that couldn't simply be funded from cash.

Hibiza
23-05-2012, 02:48 PM
go away weedgie rat.

Gerard
23-05-2012, 02:51 PM
:agree: Fully agree Radge man.

Agree as well:wink:

Mikey
23-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Just to clear up any doubts, the OP is definitely a Hibs fan :wink:

jgl07
23-05-2012, 02:56 PM

Delete please.

Trolling Yams are responsible for this thread!

Thomson
23-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Just to clear up any doubts, the OP is definitely a Hibs fan :wink:

Maybe so, but a gullible one. :wink:

ancienthibby
23-05-2012, 03:08 PM
There is long-term debt on all the infrastructure that couldn't simply be funded from cash.

Hibs indeed have long-term debt, the agreed repayment of which is over a protracted period of time, and all agreed payments have been paid from cash.

What's your point.:confused:

Smidge
23-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Hibs indeed have long-term debt, the agreed repayment of which is over a protracted period of time, and all agreed payments have been paid from cash.

What's your point.:confused:

Check the post I quoted which surmised that we should have long-term debt on infrastructure costs. Was simply pointing out that we do!

greenginger
23-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Why would Hibs be anywhere near Administration at this moment in time ? The Club must be flush with cash.

1) Ticket sales for semi tie against Aberdeen

2) Ticket sales for Final

3) Several thousand season tickets sold and money banked

We should be sitting in a very cash healthy position - Unless -

Our creditors, the Bank, Tom Farmer etc have been listening to that ignorant ass#ole Doncaster's statements that doing one on your creditors and continuing in some New Club form as if nothing had happened should be accepted as common practice in football. In which case.

Everybody might be wanting their money back pronto !

Jim44
23-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Can I suggest collective stupidity and gullibilityfor allowing this Jamboid nonsense to reach silly proportions?

ancienthibby
23-05-2012, 03:58 PM
No, I agree: it's total rubbish.

Can I suggest collective stupidity and gullibilityfor allowing this Jamboid nonsense to reach silly proportions?

Nonsense!

The OP actually served a very useful purpose as he allowed other to respond to the 'rose-tinted specs' brigade who whine on about The Tacheman opening the Hibs wallet and splashing cash all over the place.

TQM's post at no 80 is reality (and note the highlighted conclusion):agree::agree::agree::

http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/statusicon/user-online.png
El Capitanohttp://www.hibs.net/customavatars/avatar2404_108.gif (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?2404-TQM)Join DateFeb 2003LocationMonifiethAge44Posts28,369vButtons0

http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by sahib http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=3242382#post3242382)

We did make an operating loss last year of c. 12% of turnover, and our cash balance was shored up by a loan from Holding Co (STF) - without we only had a few months cash left to cover the larger losses this year. So our cash situation is very tight and an issue - particularly if STF does not sanction a further injection. I said when the accounts came out the we'd need an on the park miracle to avoid losses of 25%-30% of turnover as last year's loss was after player sales/add-ons and ER attendances were falling. The SC run will have not helped that much, and - as I have also stated before - it is possible Hibs will have to restruucture its debts (as the cash positiin is so poor). Spending the last of it on the East and taking on more debt was a mistake .. There was never any business need for it!

I doubt we are near admin - STF would NOT imho allow that to happen. But as a business we are regressing - the 3 best measures are Balance Sheet strength,recurring profitability (P+L) and cash .. In the last two we are wanting and deteriorating. And a debt restructuring to release cash to cover losses will take the shine off the Balance Sheet.

Our finances are not good, and certainly not as rosey as some on here would have you believe. It is and has been ever-decreasing circles at ER for the last 5 years ..

http://www.hibs.net/clear.gifReply With Quote (http://www.hibs.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3242601) http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/multiquote_40b.png (http://www.hibs.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3242601)Posted via Mobile De

HibbySpurs
23-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Okay, I've done a bit of digging on the net but obviously I cant be sure how accurate these figures would be & as I'm not an accountant I wouldnt be ale offer an educated opinion on them.

Comparing 07 - 11 the following appears to be the case -

Cash in Bank -
07 - £5.1M
11 - £2.0M

Liabilities -
07 - £5M
11 - £6M

Assets - (I assume not including ER & EM)
07 - £6.8M
11 - £3.2M

Net Worth -
07 - £11.4M
11 - £14.1M

Quite what all this means in reality (I cant even verify the figures are correct) I dont know but to my untrained eye the obvious things are that our cash balance has more than halved as have our assets. Out liabilities have risen but not massively so and our net worth has risen. Most of these things make sense to me in that with the rebuilding of the stand and East Mains development our cash will have taken a beating, add in paying off unsuccesful managers and players thats another dunt and the reduction in assets the picture isnt exactly rosy:confused:

However if the club had £2M in the bank last July I hardly see us being in any sort of real fiscal trouble???? I also think that the last 8 weeks will have boosted our cash situation through extra ST sales and revenues from the cup run.

Perhaps the OP has a point but I think that's not the case.

To me the real question now is where and howm much money will be made available to PF to rebuild the squad this summer into a realistic prospect for next season? Are theclub going to borrow against ER/EM to do so therby taking a "punt" on Europe qualification next season and cup runs:confused:

The only thing I would confidently say is that I still believe Hibs are a well run club and that our long term future will not be gamled with, withouta "plan B".... Time will tell.....

Some of the figures above however do highlight on thing and that is that relegation would have been a catastrophe for the club financially.....

Bear in mind I'm only using figure obtained from the net at http://companycheck.co.uk/company/SC005323 and I dont even know i the are remotel correct, just assumin the are close to reality.

ancient hibee
23-05-2012, 05:38 PM

If truth is going to get in the way of a load of p**h there's no future for Hibs.net.

ancienthibby
23-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Okay, I've done a bit of digging on the net but obviously I cant be sure how accurate these figures would be & as I'm not an accountant I wouldnt be ale offer an educated opinion on them.

Comparing 07 - 11 the following appears to be the case -

Cash in Bank -
07 - £5.1M
11 - £2.0M

Liabilities -
07 - £5M
11 - £6M

Assets - (I assume not including ER & EM)
07 - £6.8M
11 - £3.2M

Net Worth -
07 - £11.4M
11 - £14.1M

Quite what all this means in reality (I cant even verify the figures are correct) I dont know but to my untrained eye the obvious things are that our cash balance has more than halved as have our assets. Out liabilities have risen but not massively so and our net worth has risen. Most of these things make sense to me in that with the rebuilding of the stand and East Mains development our cash will have taken a beating, add in paying off unsuccesful managers and players thats another dunt and the reduction in assets the picture isnt exactly rosy:confused:

However if the club had £2M in the bank last July I hardly see us being in any sort of real fiscal trouble???? I also think that the last 8 weeks will have boosted our cash situation through extra ST sales and revenues from the cup run.

Perhaps the OP has a point but I think that's not the case.

To me the real question now is where and howm much money will be made available to PF to rebuild the squad this summer into a realistic prospect for next season? Are theclub going to borrow against ER/EM to do so therby taking a "punt" on Europe qualification next season and cup runs:confused:

The only thing I would confidently say is that I still believe Hibs are a well run club and that our long term future will not be gamled with, withouta "plan B".... Time will tell.....

Some of the figures above however do highlight on thing and that is that relegation would have been a catastrophe for the club financially.....

Bear in mind I'm only using figure obtained from the net at http://companycheck.co.uk/company/SC005323 and I dont even know i the are remotel correct, just assumin the are close to reality.

Hibs running costs are at least £500k a month (and that's moderate!)

So how long does your money (£2 million) last?? - and how do you fund the shortfall??

HibbySpurs
23-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Hibs running costs are at least £500k a month (and that's moderate!)

So how long does your money (£2 million) last?? - and how do you fund the shortfall??

Well as I said, I am not an expert mate and your point is valid, obviously the club has revenue streams on a month to month basis although if they reach 500k per moth I wouldnt be sure of that.

Your point and the acceptance that revenues are falling is a clear indicator of the continuing fall of "cash in hand", you tell me the answer:confused:

3pm
23-05-2012, 07:56 PM
I love fag packet calculations on these threads!!!

stanton_4
23-05-2012, 08:21 PM

Hud her :greengrin

IWasThere2016
23-05-2012, 08:27 PM

That cash balance included an additional loan from the Holding Co of (I think) £1.25m .. so remove it (as we cannot rely on this to be the case year in year out) and you have £0.75m or a few months trading when you consider our operating loss this season could be near £2m. The Holding Co loan is effectively STF pumping cash in .. he won't continue to do so IMHO. And I think the OP is correct RP will be actively seeking a buyer as I suspect he and STF want out.

fatbloke
23-05-2012, 08:29 PM

Many years ago we had this - guys like Willie McEwan, Brian Penman, Peter Janetta, Gordon McCabe, Alan Thom, Keith Reid and a few others were on Club 86 committee and some helped with Hibs kids and general fundraising or just did a job out of a love for the club. Unfortunately almost all were squeezed out, myself included and made most unwelcome and replaced by wee tinpot Hitler's all taking a salary. Seems to be if you offer a helping hand at ER you are viewed suspiciously or ignored. Hibernian FC one of the most fan unfriendly clubs around.

fatbloke
23-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Hibs in Administration what a load of Tom Kite.

Hibs did miss a chance to keep one bunch of fans sweet at cup final time though. A shareholder I know sent 3 emails asking if shareholders would have a chance to purchase a ticket for SC final. He got 0 replies. He eventually did read in the ticket faq's that shareholders would not get a ticket as many were season ticket holders and could purchase them that way. The shareholder in question is not working just now and does not have a ST. He still has 1000 shares which he paid £550 for in 1989 - £550 he could use right now, however he could not and did not manage to get a ticket. Come the next time Hibs send him one of the frequent letters he gets guess where it will be going unopened and unread. The Hibernian family - yer havin a laugh.

bighairyfaeleith
23-05-2012, 08:43 PM
is this thread genuinely at five pages:faf:

Bayern Bru
24-05-2012, 04:55 AM

Yes.

Although if you ask the nearest Rangers fan, it's at 10 pages.

Lucius Apuleius
24-05-2012, 06:14 AM

Nope, only 2. :wink:

Beefster
24-05-2012, 06:28 AM

Hibs did miss a chance to keep one bunch of fans sweet at cup final time though. A shareholder I know sent 3 emails asking if shareholders would have a chance to purchase a ticket for SC final. He got 0 replies. He eventually did read in the ticket faq's that shareholders would not get a ticket as many were season ticket holders and could purchase them that way. The shareholder in question is not working just now and does not have a ST. He still has 1000 shares which he paid £550 for in 1989 - £550 he could use right now, however he could not and did not manage to get a ticket. Come the next time Hibs send him one of the frequent letters he gets guess where it will be going unopened and unread. The Hibernian family - yer havin a laugh.

I've got BT shares. I don't get free phone calls. *******s.

Lucius Apuleius
24-05-2012, 07:23 AM
I've got BT shares. I don't get free phone calls. *******s.

Suggest you change call plans then. :wink:

marinello59
24-05-2012, 07:32 AM

Did he get promised priority purchasing rights for match tickets forever when he bought the shares? if not, what's the problem?