PDA

View Full Version : New players you would like to see at ER

Littlest Hobo
22-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Teams that impressed me last season where Killie, Motherwell and Dundee Utd

Three Killie players I'd like to see at ER are Dean Shiels, Paul heffernan and James Dayton. Three players who would walk into our team.

Motherwell players ...Jamie Murphy and Ross Forbes

Dundee UTD.........Garry Kenneth, Jon Dailly, Johny Russell, Danny Swanson, Gary Mackay -Steven

Red highlights = no chance but I think any of the rest would be getable.

3pm
22-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Matt Doherty in a PR role.

Billychaotic182
22-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Deano
Gary Harkins
Johnny Hayes
Don Cowie
Jordan Rhodes
William Soares
Yanic Sagbo
James McPake
Tom Carrol
Jake Livermore

keep the faith
22-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Kevin thomson, cammy bell, dean shiels is the start i want.

ForrieGreen
22-05-2012, 01:47 PM
ill just settle for Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, i believe in you petrie :wink::rotflmao:

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Dean Shiels, Johnny Russell, Jonny Hayes, Danny Swanson, Lee Naylor, Proven GK, maybe Cammy Bell.

All are out of contract at the end of the season. Dunno about Bell though

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Deano
Gary Harkins
Johnny Hayes
Don Cowie
Jordan Rhodes
William Soares
Yanic Sagbo
James McPake
Tom Carrol
Jake Livermore

More chance of Hearts going into a big game with a fully fit squad

Billychaotic182
Dean Shiels, Johnny Russell, Jonny Hayes, Danny Swanson, Lee Naylor, Proven GK, maybe Cammy Bell.

Bold = Out of Contract

I don't think Russel is out of contract

HibeeDaz6270
Deano
Gary Harkins
Johnny Hayes
Don Cowie
Jordan Rhodes
William Soares
Yanic Sagbo
James McPake
Tom Carrol
Jake Livermore

Unfortunately could never attract either. Jordan Rhodes will be valued at around £5million.

Billychaotic182
22-05-2012, 01:50 PM
More chance of Hearts going into a big game with a fully fit squad

They are new players I would like to see lol

ForrieGreen
22-05-2012, 01:50 PM
as much as i like Deano i wouldn't take him back. It's never worked out for any other player we bring back so i think we should just sign new faces.

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 01:53 PM
as much as i like Deano i wouldn't take him back. It's never worked out for any other player we bring back so i think we should just sign new faces.

He has scored 13 goals in 25 games for Killie. As a midfielder.

Thats more than either of our strikers managed this season.

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 01:58 PM
I don't think Russel is out of contract

Wikipedia says otherwise. May still be wrong though

Centre Hawf
22-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Dean Shiels
Danny Swanson
Paul Heffernan
Johnny Hayes
Murray Davidson
Gary Kenneth
Manuel Pascali
Nigel Hasslebank
Kevin Thompson
Leigh Griffiths again
Liam Kelly
Chris Humphrey (probably not though)
Johnny Russel (again probably not)
Liam Craig
James Dayton

Not Saying sign every one off them but i think they're all quality players that would be good in our side or in a side with each other.

SteveHFC
22-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Cammy Bell

Sean Dillion
James McPake
Garry Kenneth
Callum Booth

Jonny Hayes
Kenny McLean
Danny Swanson
Dean Shiels

Stephen Elliot
Leigh Griffiths

:aok:

At The Edge
22-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Gary Kenneth i just don't get what folk see in him?
hes awful, i'd rather stick with O'Hanlon,

RickyS
22-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Cammy Bell

Sean Dillion
James McPake
Garry Kenneth
Callum Booth

Jonny Hayes
Kenny McLean
Danny Swanson
Dean Shiels

Stephen Elliot
Leigh Griffiths

would do for me:agree:

heretoday
22-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Hasselbaink did well against us and I gather he is available.

SRHibs
22-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Cammy Bell

Sean Dillion
James McPake
Garry Kenneth
Callum Booth

Jonny Hayes
Kenny McLean
Danny Swanson
Dean Shiels

Stephen Elliot
Leigh Griffiths

That's a pretty reserved dream team. That team would be hovering around mid-table if we're being honest. We need to do better than that. Baby steps though, I suppose.

HibbySpurs
22-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Probably not a lot more you can "realistically" add to the names given previously. Think the big question will be, which of thos could we realistically expect to get:confused::confused:

I wonder what sort of a "kitty" PF will be given and if theres a big clear out will the wage structure be altered to accomodate a few on slightly higher wages?

I've never got the "absoloute" wage cap at ER, surely it's more prudent to say to the manager "this is your wage budget, you must keep within it and ensure you have the best team available on the park"... If that means he signs a player on 7K a week and has to trim the squad a bit to keep in the budget constraints why cant he do this.

Most good teams have "star players", I just dont get why we cant do that:confused:

Maybe someone will point out the error of my ways?!?!?!?

ScottB
22-05-2012, 02:46 PM
What we definitely need is, and forgive me for this, an Ian Black type player.

Every team needs that complete and utter ******* that other fans hate. The guy that dominates midfield and puts the boot in. We've been lacking that for a long time and would go some way to ending our soft touch ways.

McPake and another solid centre back are a must, as is a dependable keeper and a creative CM. That would give us a solid spine to build from. Try and keep Griffiths, I'd be ok with having Doyle and the young guys as our other strikers if it helps focus funds elsewhere. 2 wingers with real pace would be nice, and some wing backs that can actually defend.

munchar
22-05-2012, 02:48 PM
1 Cammy Bell.
2 Full back who can actually defend.
3 As above.
4 Another McPake.
5 McPake.
6 Shiels.
7 Hayes.
8 Thomson.
9 Daly.
10Kenny Miller.
11Swanson.

Posh Swanny
22-05-2012, 02:49 PM
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/swanson-could-be-the-man-for-posh-1-3867433

Not sure who those "sources in Scotland" could be... :wink:

HibbyAndy
22-05-2012, 02:52 PM
He has scored 13 goals in 25 games for Killie. As a midfielder.

Thats more than either of our strikers managed this season.

Wrong. GOC got 16 goals.

Id take Deano in a heartbeat tho, Creative goalscoring midfielder that can slip in that killer pass?..Creativity is/has been what we are crying out for.

easty
22-05-2012, 02:57 PM
We'd be a far better team going forward with Dean Shiels and Johnny Hayes in the side. Murray Davidson would add a bit more quality in the middle of the park.

Theres no really any defenders in the SPL, who would be available, that I would take, except Dixon but it looks like he's going down south.

gbur123ukgb
22-05-2012, 03:00 PM
all of these are pie in the sky no way petrie and his band of merry men will spend anything im serious we need to do something along lines of protest or demo against these clowns.
but we wont hibs fans all over will just roll over and take what crap petrie allows to be signed.
Here lies the route of all hibs current problems petrie and his band of twits.
Yes we have a nice stadium great training facillities and no debt but what we also have is 11th in table won one cup since 1991 so are we doing the right things not sure.
This all goes back to when brown thompson etc left they were replaced by alsorans than no one else wants.
must admit i would rather still have the old east stand and a proper team of tallented football players on the pitch.
heard petrie receives 10% of all sales from er for example in the shop everthing sold he receives 10% of it he may not be taking a wage but dont kid yourselves he is taking a large amount of money out of the club every year.
as for farmer satying he wants 100 petries farmer needs tested for dementia petrie has done a great job securing the clubs future however we need action now to avoid hibs becoming the leeds united of scotland

marinello59
22-05-2012, 03:03 PM
all of these are pie in the sky no way petrie and his band of merry men will spend anything im serious we need to do something along lines of protest or demo against these clowns.
but we wont hibs fans all over will just roll over and take what crap petrie allows to be signed.
Here lies the route of all hibs current problems petrie and his band of twits.
Yes we have a nice stadium great training facillities and no debt but what we also have is 11th in table won one cup since 1991 so are we doing the right things not sure.
This all goes back to when brown thompson etc left they were replaced by alsorans than no one else wants.
must admit i would rather still have the old east stand and a proper team of tallented football players on the pitch.
heard petrie receives 10% of all sales from er for example in the shop everthing sold he receives 10% of it he may not be taking a wage but dont kid yourselves he is taking a large amount of money out of the club every year.
as for farmer satying he wants 100 petries farmer needs tested for dementia petrie has done a great job securing the clubs future however we need action now to avoid hibs becoming the leeds united of scotland

What a load of horse manure. There is a case to be made for Rod Petrie stepping down but that type of drivel wouldn't form part of it.

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Wrong. GOC got 16 goals.

Id take Deano in a heartbeat tho, Creative goalscoring midfielder that can slip in that killer pass?..Creativity is/has been what we are crying out for.

That was in 38 games though. And that is counting Cup games.

Shiels scored 13 in 25 league games and that does not account for any cups.

Littlest Hobo
22-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Gary Kenneth i just don't get what folk see in him?
hes awful, i'd rather stick with O'Hanlon,

You have got to be joking, Kenneth might no be the best football player but he's a tough nut, he wins headers and certainly doesn't get bullied the way Hanlon does.

It's opinions like yours that have made our team such a soft touch.

Let's get ****in tough to beat again, Hanlon cannot be part of a team that's going to make ER a fortress again, I'm sorry but I've had it with folk who for whatever reason defend PH. I don't get it.

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 03:11 PM
You have got to be joking, Kenneth might no be the best football player but he's a tough nut, he wins headers and certainly doesn't get bullied the way Hanlon does.

Let's get ****in tough to beat again, Hanlon cannot be part of a team that's going to make ER a fortress again, I'm sorry but I've had it with folk who for whatever reason defend PH. I don't get it.

He wasn't defending Hanlon, he was questioning Kenneth.

Getting a touch paranoid Hobo

col02
22-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Always been a fan of Paul Gallagher and think he is what we are crying out for in terms of experience and ability. Pity Jeffries would be involved in any enquiry though. Sean Dillon has worked or played with Fenlon has he not? He is as adept at playing full back as he is centre half. A McPake type centre half is a must too. Francomb on a season long loan too would do me. Heard that Jody Morris is out of contract and could see him and Arnason forming a solid spine. Left midfield is a key position which needs filled too as not had anybody decent there since Glass imho. Doyle will be one of our man forwards next season and would like Griffiths to partner him failing which we need to sign a target man type as well to give options. Sadly this sort of experience costs money but the club has to evaluate the balance sheet over the prospect of a vastly dropped income should we be involved in a relegation battle again.

Billychaotic182
22-05-2012, 03:23 PM
I know lots of utd fans and they all say the Gary Kenneth Is awful so no thank you

Pretty Boy
22-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Paul Gallagher or Darren Randolph.

James McPake

Liam Craig
Jody Morris
Dean Shiels
Rocco Quinn

Leigh Griffiths
Farid El Alagui

For starters.

Leishy1995
22-05-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm actually seeing some realistic targets mentioned. Deano and Morris in centre together would be brilliant!

Monts
22-05-2012, 03:33 PM
How old is Morris?

Pretty Boy
22-05-2012, 03:35 PM
How old is Morris?

Experienced, decent and a reformed bad boy.

Take him in a second both as a player and an example.

Littlest Hobo
22-05-2012, 03:37 PM
He wasn't defending Hanlon, he was questioning Kenneth.

Getting a touch paranoid Hobo

Maybe because my team are in bits. I feel I've had enough of the PH will come good folk. Or he's much better playing alongside McPake folk.

Had it, get ****in shot of them all.

Fresh start.

DH1875
22-05-2012, 03:39 PM
LB: Paul Dixon.
CB: Joel Lynch.
CB: McPake.
RB: Mark Wilson.

Dean Shiels.
Kari Arnason.
Murray Davidson.
Johnny Hayes.

Sandaza.
Griffiths.

With a squad made up from;
Sasa Papac.
Keith Lasley.
Steve Hamell.
Lewis Stevenson.
Claros.
Kujabi.
Doyle.
Hanlon.

Mohamed Sissoko.
Tesselaar.
Danny Swanson.
James Dayton.
David Clarkson.
And a few others from the youth team or loans. Has Craig Bettie signed with that lot?

Other than McPake and Griffiths, everyone of them is available on a free. Don't know about a keeper either but I'm sure we could pick one up on a free (David Marshall is free but probs to expensive). If not, no problem going for Cammy Bell for the right price.

Pretty Boy
22-05-2012, 03:41 PM
LB: Paul Dixon.
CB: Joel Lynch.
CB: McPake.
RB: Mark Wilson.

Dean Shiels.
Kari Arnason.
Murray Davidson.
Johnny Hayes.

Sandaza.
Griffiths.

With a squad made up from;
Sasa Papac.
Keith Lasley.
Steve Hamell.
Lewis Stevenson.
Claros.
Kujabi.
Doyle.
Hanlon.

Mohamed Sissoko.
Tesselaar.
Danny Swanson.
James Dayton.
David Clarkson.
And a few others from the youth team or loans. Has Craig Bettie signed with that lot?

Other than McPake and Griffiths, everyone of them is available on a free. Don't know about a keeper either but I'm sure we could pick one up on a free (David Marshall is free but probs to expensive). If not, no problem going for Cammy Bell for the right price.

Marshall signed a new 4 year deal at Cardiff last week.

MyJo
22-05-2012, 03:52 PM
David James
Reno gattuso
Alessandro del piero
James McFadden

:dunno::wink:

ScottB
22-05-2012, 03:57 PM
David James
Reno gattuso
Alessandro del piero
James McFadden

:dunno::wink:

With Crespo up front. Job done.

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Maybe because my team are in bits. I feel I've had enough of the PH will come good folk. Or he's much better playing alongside McPake folk.

Had it, get ****in shot of them all.

Fresh start.

I agree if we can bring in a second mcpake. But i wouldn't be devestated to keep our current two CB's. as long as we get some PROVEN full backs in. The fact Fenlon has already been in for Dixon is a very encouraging sign

Fergus52
22-05-2012, 04:28 PM

Bold = Out of Contract

Deano and swanson are both out of contract :aok:

At The Edge
22-05-2012, 04:42 PM

may i suggest in the midst of your keyboard rage you actually read the post correctly,
OHanlon

:wink:

smurf
22-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Deano is a non brainer.

michael_wilson1
22-05-2012, 04:48 PM
liam craig from st johnstone, maybe sandaza if we could get him even though hes getting on he could do for a few seasons, johnny hayes as hes been a stand out at inverness this season

Saturdays Hero
22-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Paul Gallagher would be a decent shout as a keeper,I've no faith in Brown or Stack,I think a new keeper is priority.

ForrieGreen
22-05-2012, 05:07 PM
ive said all season we should definitely try to sign Sandaza, he is just a natural goal scorer with pace and height.

Monts
22-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Deano is a non brainer.

Thats a bit harsh :wink:

Lmc2105
22-05-2012, 05:23 PM
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/swanson-could-be-the-man-for-posh-1-3867433

Not sure who those "sources in Scotland" could be... :wink:

Being a Posh fan a would love Swanson at Posh! But would love him at hibs more!

After seeing us mostly this season no wide players what so ever! i would like to see 2 players bombing down the wings! Also think a GK and another CB is needed, Would like to see a Big target man also! wha about that big lad from falkirk?

patch1875
22-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Drogba is looking for a new challenge :-)

Betty Boop
22-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Paddy McCourt please.

calumm10
22-05-2012, 07:16 PM
keep seeing dixon and swanson mentioned but both have already rejected talks with hibs...

S.sct
22-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Teams that impressed me last season where Killie, Motherwell and Dundee Utd

Three Killie players I'd like to see at ER are Dean Shiels, Paul heffernan and James Dayton. Three players who would walk into our team.

Motherwell players ...Jamie Murphy and Ross Forbes

Dundee UTD.........Garry Kenneth, Jon Dailly, Johny Russell, Danny Swanson, Gary Mackay -Steven

Red highlights = no chance but I think any of the rest would be getable.
The way i would go is to sign only 4-5 players with mcpake type attitude and at least two of them with pace and guile. I would then concentrate on our own youth system again and mould them with a new culture at ER. Yes we may be inconsistant but this would allow us to move finances to secure a bit of quality and bring on our youth again. Who are these players, not my job......

Barney McGrew
22-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Shiels scored 13 in 25 league games and that does not account for any cups.

Nope. 13 goals in 33 SPL starts and two subs appearances. 2 goals in 7 starts in the cup.

Still, 15 in 40 from a midfielder is a good return.

liam craig from st johnstone

Saints fan I know would be delighted to get him off their books. Only turns up in games against us apparently, and that may be because of his alleged yam tendancies.