PDA

View Full Version : The missing ingredient?

SneakersO'Toole
22-05-2012, 12:05 PM
If you can stomach it, have a read of the following article regarding Gary Locke.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hearts/this-cup-win-tops-everything-says-hearts-coach-locke-1-2309110

Before anyone starts, you won't find another Hibs fan who loathes this gorgie tramp more than me. However, having read the above it hit home to me how valuable this guy is to Hearts when it comes to derby matches.

He lives and breathes that manky mob and makes damn sure that every single person at that club realises what the Edinburgh derby means to the fans. Look at Ryan McGowan for example, this guy absolutely HATES Hibs with a passion yet wasn't born or brought up in this country. Ask yourself why? Its down to one man and one man alone unfortunately.

Hibs have no-one close to this clown in terms of being able to translate fan views and aspirations to the the players of the club. Even if we did, who is out there that could fill the role that Locke plays for Hearts? No one that I can think of. The club say they know what means to the supporters, but they don't. Not really. Otherwise performances like Saturdays would not have happened. Locke can do it because he is a fan, a die hard fan.

I fear that until we address this seriously, we are missing a trick and will continue fall down in these games on what matters most. Not quality as that doesn't always guarantee results, but passion, determination, heart and tenacity. All 4 of which were non-existent on Saturday past.

MyJo
22-05-2012, 12:23 PM
100% agree, even the guys in our club that are supposed to be hibees like o'connor and Murray don't give a **** about being hammered by them in the biggest derby in our lifetimes.

There is very little for us to look forward to or celebrate in the spl, no chance of winning the league, a cup win every 15 years or so the odd European adventure....to make up for that we have a 130 year old rivalry with those tramps that should be of absolute importance to anyone privileged to pull on the green and white and get it drilled into them from day 1 that whatever they do or achieve while at the club, beating THEM is an absolute must

Geo_1875
22-05-2012, 12:31 PM
"Look at Ryan McGowan for example, this guy absolutely HATES Hibs with a passion yet wasn't born or brought up in this country. Ask yourself why?"

Possibly because he's an Aussie and may find it easy to adopt the racist, sectarian mindset of a Yam. It's not such a big step really.

Big Frank
22-05-2012, 12:31 PM
If you can stomach it, have a read of the following article regarding Gary Locke.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hearts/this-cup-win-tops-everything-says-hearts-coach-locke-1-2309110

Before anyone starts, you won't find another Hibs fan who loathes this gorgie tramp more than me. However, having read the above it hit home to me how valuable this guy is to Hearts when it comes to derby matches.

He lives and breathes that manky mob and makes damn sure that every single person at that club realises what the Edinburgh derby means to the fans. Look at Ryan McGowan for example, this guy absolutely HATES Hibs with a passion yet wasn't born or brought up in this country. Ask yourself why? Its down to one man and one man alone unfortunately.

Hibs have no-one close to this clown in terms of being able to translate fan views and aspirations to the the players of the club. Even if we did, who is out there that could fill the role that Locke plays for Hearts? No one that I can think of. The club say they know what means to the supporters, but they don't. Not really. Otherwise performances like Saturdays would not have happened. Locke can do it because he is a fan, a die hard fan.

I fear that until we address this seriously, we are missing a trick and will continue fall down in these games on what matters most. Not quality as that doesn't always guarantee results, but passion, determination, heart and tenacity. All 4 of which were non-existent on Saturday past.

locke must keep himself in hertz areas all the time.

His hatred of hibs and continual aggressiveness towards hibs is going to come back and biten him in the arse. He will meet the wrong guy at the wrong time im afraid.

The boy is a *****.

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Get boozy in :greengrin

Littlest Hobo
22-05-2012, 12:55 PM
You don't need to breed hate to play good football.

That's what we lack, good quality footballers that can play the game well.

Look at Kilmarnock, they have a good squad of decent footballers who know how to play.

They are comfortable on the ball, they can pass, they are easily the best team I saw at Easter Road last season.

Good footballers have the fight and will to win inbuilt.

Littlest Hobo
22-05-2012, 01:00 PM
I think it was Alex Ferguson that to be a Manchester

Player you needed to have that will to win inbuilt, whether you play a game of 5 a side or a game of tidily winks.

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 01:06 PM
You don't need to breed hate to play good football.

No, but you need to in order to beat Hearts, which I think is the point the OP is making.

They hate us, they want to destroy us in every game and make us feel humiliated over and over and over again.

Where as we're just no that bothered...

You don't win derbies simply by having "good players". Even their players aren't that great, but they bust a gut and stick their neck on the line in every single derby and they're rewarded for it.

Gary Locke is a ****** of the highest order, yet i'd love to have a die hard Hibee at the club that could get players fired up for derbies like he does.

Littlest Hobo
22-05-2012, 01:16 PM
No, but you need to in order to beat Hearts, which I think is the point the OP is making.

They hate us, they want to destroy us in every game and make us feel humiliated over and over and over again.

Where as we're just no that bothered...

You don't win derbies simply by having "good players". Even their players aren't that great, but they bust a gut and stick their neck on the line in every single derby and they're rewarded for it.

Gary Locke is a ****** of the highest order, yet i'd love to have a die hard Hibee at the club that could get players fired up for derbies like he does.

I hear what your saying and to a certain extent your right but saying that the Hibs players are never up for the fight is just wrong.
We don't have the quality they have. If we had the like of Skacel, Driver, Webster, Zal, Temps, Beattie and Black then I'm pretty confident we would have won that match too.

Littlest Hobo
22-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Skacel, Driver, Webster, Zal, Temps, Beattie and Black

We will see how far they get next season without the same quality.

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 01:23 PM
I hear what your saying and to a certain extent your right but saying that the Hibs players are never up for the fight is just wrong.
We don't have the quality they have. If we had the like of Skacel, Driver, Webster, Zal, Temps, Beattie and Black then I'm pretty confident we would have won that match too.

We would have still lost.

Our club just don't get it at all.

flash
22-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Skacel, Driver, Webster, Zal, Temps, Beattie and Black

We will see how far they get next season without the same quality.

Zal? Temps? How you have survived on here for so long is a mystery to me.

Baader
22-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Think it has more to do with the fact that mob pay (or don't pay) considerably higher wages than us...

We were after Barr (not even a regular for them until recently) and Webster but lost out to a club continually living beyond it's means.

Not disputing Saturday's embarrassment and our woeful derby record but it is a factor...

Cropley10
22-05-2012, 01:41 PM

Indeed

Cropley10
22-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Think it has more to do with the fact that mob pay (or don't pay) considerably higher wages than us...

We were after Barr (not even a regular for them until recently) and Webster but lost out to a club continually living beyond it's means.

Not disputing Saturday's embarrassment and our woeful derby record but it is a factor...

We went after Barr and Webster, Black as well IIRC when he was leaving ICT. Facts are we won't/can't pay what Hearts offer. Doesn't get away from the fact that Hearts always raise their game against us.

Littlest Hobo
22-05-2012, 01:50 PM

Would you believe me if I told you I'm just lazy and no very good at spelling? :greengrin

matty_f
22-05-2012, 02:22 PM
You'd have thought that with the number of Hibees in the team that it wouldn't be a problem getting up for a derby. Sadly it doesn't seem to be the case.

I agree, get someone in that knows what a derby is to the fans and get it ingrained into the club. It's a ******* nonsense that the team lies down to these tramps time after time.

Future17
22-05-2012, 03:02 PM
"Look at Ryan McGowan for example, this guy absolutely HATES Hibs with a passion yet wasn't born or brought up in this country. Ask yourself why?"

Possibly because he's an Aussie and may find it easy to adopt the racist, sectarian mindset of a Yam. It's not such a big step really.

Ah, the irony!

Pretty Boy
22-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Ah, the irony!

Was just about to say the same.

Comedy gold really.