PDA

View Full Version : Video - Matt Doherty Interview

Treadstone
22-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Seen this on another site . Wee Irish lad doing interviews .

Matt Doherty comes across as a pure big time charlie. Eoin Doyle looks as though this hurts the way it should.

Griffiths interview @ 5 mins 10 sec
Doyle interview @ 9 mins 22 sec
Doherty interview @ 13 mins 10 sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRu0JyC-yEQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Doherty you are a welt, piss off back to wolverhampton. Tosser.

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Not a shred of respect for the club that could have kickstarted his career.

Hope it comes nowhere near that now.

Dunbar Hibee
22-05-2012, 12:06 PM
I am glad Garry and co had a good laugh after the game there during Doherty's interview, show how much they care eh. *****.

smurf
22-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Good to see O'Connor having fun. Surprised he didn't pour champagne over disrespectful Doherty.

Clearout!

Beefster
22-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Doherty's a bell-end but he's a long way from the only one that's been disrespectful to the support and club.

I could barely speak to anyone else for the rest of the weekend and went straight home to hide, yet that shower of ***** are laughing and joking less than an hour later (before the inevitable night out obviously)? I'd expect it from no-marks like Doherty but not from guys like O'Connor and Murray.

Bin the ****ing lot of them.

Leishy1995
22-05-2012, 12:12 PM
We're never keeping Griffiths then.

smurf
22-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Unfair to bring in Ian Murray. He pretty much condemned other players for how they conducted themselves in the aftermath on Twitter.

SlickShoes
22-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Calm down, he never really wanted to play for hibs, his loan spell is over. THE END

It's clear we need players that care and want to play for hibs, the larking around after such a horrendous pumping leaves a sour taste, i hope to see none of them again. If these guys are playing for hibs next season they won't get my support.

Hibs90
He's a disrespectful bawbag. Notice he's back tracking on Twitter aswell.

smurf
We're never keeping Griffiths then.

I thought he said what any under contract player should say? He showed respect to his current employer. While keeping the door open...

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Doherty's a bell-end but he's a long way from the only one that's been disrespectful to the support and club.

I could barely speak to anyone else for the rest of the weekend and went straight home to hide, yet that shower of ***** are laughing and joking less than an hour later (before the inevitable night out obviously)? I'd expect it from no-marks like Doherty but not from guys like O'Connor and Murray.

Murray did not go out and was instead trying to convince them not to.. Facts, Beefster, facts.

CMac1988
22-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Credit to the young lad for a start. :thumbsup:

Griffith's and Doyle feeling it. Beattie came accross really well as usual and made the lad's job easy, so Kudos to him (Easier when you've won in fairness). Doherty's a knob of the highest order... A career ending challenge may be a bit harsh but a 2 foot challenge to the face would keep his mouth shut for a while...

p.s. The dictaphone mic quality is better than what is used during the interviews at Easter Road etc.

Leishy1995
22-05-2012, 12:19 PM
I thought he said what any under contract player should say? He showed respect to his current employer. While keeping the door open...

He said what he should say to show he wants to play for Wolves. He did also make it seem like he'd be happy to return if that doesn't work out.

smurf
22-05-2012, 12:20 PM
He said what he should say to show he wants to play for Wolves. He did also make it seem like he'd be happy to return if that doesn't work out.

Pretty much what I said!

ekhibee
22-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Echoing the sentiments of the others on this, Doherty can go and **** himself with that kind of attitude, but could see the pain with Doyle, good luck to the guy and hope he can break into the 1st team and stay there on a regular basis.

Leishy1995
22-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Pretty much what I said!
Yeah, but my comment first made me seem like I didn't understand so I expanded. With you're help!

loanheadhibby
22-05-2012, 12:25 PM

We are missing someone with bakbone. I'd have liked to have thought murray was a leader but does not sound like it.

I mind a story from the duffy era (not sure if true) but we have been defeated at celtic park and mcginlay was larking about on the bus home as if it did not matter and yogi chinned him? Maybe stuff of legends but thats what we need. A player who will grab the squad or a game and shake it up.

McLeish used to say he'd stay out of the dressing rooms before derbies as Yogi would be going mental.

Dunbar Hibee
Unfair to bring in Ian Murray. He pretty much condemned other players for how they conducted themselves in the aftermath on Twitter.

What did he say?

muzzhfc
can one of the admins change the name of this thread? its a bit sick?
yes doherty doesnt conduct himself well at all, but the crap thats been spouted "career ending injuries"?! wtf?! yes, his interview was p1ss poor, and he was disrespectful but still wishing someone to die and have a career ending injury?! its just classless

Titch
22-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Seen this on another site . Wee Irish lad doing interviews .

Matt Doherty comes across as a pure big time charlie. Eoin Doyle looks as though this hurts the way it should.

Griffiths interview @ 5 mins 10 sec
Doyle interview @ 9 mins 22 sec
Doherty interview @ 13 mins 10 sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRu0JyC-yEQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

:grr:

Golden Bear
22-05-2012, 12:31 PM
yes doherty doesnt conduct himself well at all, but the crap thats been spouted "career ending injuries"?! wtf?! yes, his interview was p1ss poor, and he was disrespectful but still wishing someone to die and have a career ending injury?! its just classless

:agree:

I totally agree.

smurf
22-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Yeah, but my comment first made me seem like I didn't understand so I expanded. With you're help!

;-) Great minds eh...

Beefster
22-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Murray did not go out and was instead trying to convince them not to.. Facts, Beefster, facts.

Murray was laughing and joking an hour after the game. Them's the facts.

smurf
22-05-2012, 12:34 PM
What did he say?

That the club put on a function and it would have been better if the players did that instead of going out elsewhere partying. Or words to that effect!

McSwanky
22-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Things are going from bad to worse. Our strikers can't even button up their shirt properly now....

Thecat23
22-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Northern Hibby likes this :aok:

We need a face book styley like button on posts!

:greengrin

rubber mal
22-05-2012, 12:36 PM

Griffith's and Doyle feeling it. Beattie came accross really well as usual and made the lad's job easy, so Kudos to him (Easier when you've won in fairness). Doherty's a knob of the highest order... A career ending challenge may be a bit harsh but a 2 foot challenge to the face would keep his mouth shut for a while...

Agree with all of this.

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 12:39 PM
He is only human. No-one can deny he is Hibs through and through. The thing is he didn't go out on a boozer because he knew it was disrespectful and tried to let the other wasters at the club know that. Don't think GOC knows the meaning of the word though.

California-Hibs
22-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Raging after seeing this interview. Doherty is a twat of the highest order. He couldn't care less about Saturday result, he's such an arrogant tossser. You have NO chance breaking into the team down at Wolves and i for one hope he sits on that subs bench every single week, he needs to learn humility and fast. Such a disrespectful interview (and this one wasn't the first either!). He's never had a chance of regular first team football and we take him on and give him that plus the chance to play in a Cup Final, and he doesn't even have the decency to act even somewhat professional. Away and piss off Matt, hope you have a terrible career!

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2012, 12:42 PM

:agree: Like you i went home, we had booked and paid for a hotel friday and saturday, but when the bus dropped us off at the foot of easter road, we went to the hotel, got our stuff and went back to blackpool.

I just couldn't face a drink, even with fellow hibs fans. I did not feel as bad as i thought i would at the end of the game, i feared a much bigger defeat and was probably releaved, but during the bus journey home i got worse are the result started to dawn on me.

I got home at 10.30 and went to bed.

These ****ers who didn't give a toss should never be allowed to to darken our doors again, in fact i'd ban them from easter road, even some of them who are still under contract.:rolleyes:

Kenny1875
22-05-2012, 12:43 PM

You are allowed to laugh you know. Just because we lost it doesn't mean he was to hold in a laugh if something funny is said. Joking about is fine as long as they actually do realise what a disgrace that match was and that they are hurting, which Murray is.

Albion Hibs
22-05-2012, 12:46 PM

Rubbish.

Treadstone
22-05-2012, 12:46 PM

You're totally right . Put the thread name in the heat of the moment to convey my anger at Doherty . Just really wanted to show what a bell-end he was . The total lack of respect infuriated me . No one was asking him to start crying and say how he wished he could stay but to be a bit more diplomatic . Especially as every fan that was at Fir Park that night he was abysmal was probably at Hampden too.

3pm
22-05-2012, 12:56 PM
That was uncomfortable viewing.

SlickShoes
22-05-2012, 12:57 PM
You are allowed to laugh you know. Just because we lost it doesn't mean he was to hold in a laugh if something funny is said. Joking about is fine as long as they actually do realise what a disgrace that match was and that they are hurting, which Murray is.

Exactly, I was laughing and joke on the way home too, if I hadn't I probably would have ended up chucking myself out the car at 70mph on the M8.

The going out on the lash and partying all night is pretty bad though, i am aware murray refrained from this.

silverhibee
22-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Calm down, he never really wanted to play for hibs, his loan spell is over. THE END

It's clear we need players that care and want to play for hibs, the larking around after such a horrendous pumping leaves a sour taste, i hope to see none of them again. If these guys are playing for hibs next season they won't get my support.

Lets hope for his safety that he has already left the Capital, and i hope Pat Fenlon see's this video and phones him and gives MD a mouthful for the disrespect he showed towards Hibs and PF who gave him his chance at Hibs.

muzzhfc
22-05-2012, 01:02 PM
You're totally right . Put the thread name in the heat of the moment to convey my anger at Doherty . Just really wanted to show what a bell-end he was . The total lack of respect infuriated me . No one was asking him to start crying and say how he wished he could stay but to be a bit more diplomatic . Especially as every fan that was at Fir Park that night he was abysmal was probably at Hampden too.

i understand in heat of the moment. i have one of the shortest tempers in the history of anything. and i agree about his lack of respect, it is infuriating, however, he is gone now and we dont have to deal with him anymore. thanks for your efforts, but you have just destroyed any bit of respect we had for you with your comments

Beefster
22-05-2012, 01:08 PM
You are allowed to laugh you know.

Yup. Hopefully, most of them will be laughing at some other club next season.

J-C
22-05-2012, 01:09 PM
:agree: Like you i went home, we had booked and paid for a hotel friday and saturday, but when the bus dropped us off at the foot of easter road, we went to the hotel, got our stuff and went back to blackpool.

I just couldn't face a drink, even with fellow hibs fans. I did not feel as bad as i thought i would at the end of the game, i feared a much bigger defeat and was probably releaved, but during the bus journey home i got worse are the result started to dawn on me.

I got home at 10.30 and went to bed.

These ****ers who didn't give a toss should never be allowed to to darken our doors again, in fact i'd ban them from easter road, even some of them who are still under contract.:rolleyes:

I had a mate up from Liverpool for the game and friends staying the night from Harthill, I had 2 drinks all night and went to bed sober at 2am, getting blotty was the last thing on my mind.

Doherty is a tosser and will never break into the big time with that attitude, or even with his limited ability, you'll never hear about him again as he'll disappear into obscurity.

BurghHibby
22-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Lets hope for his safety that he has already left the Capital, and i hope Pat Fenlon see's this video and phones him and gives MD a mouthful for the disrespect he showed towards Hibs and PF who gave him his chance at Hibs.

.. then fines him the maximum they can for bringing the game/club into disrepute.

skipster7
22-05-2012, 01:20 PM
That the club put on a function and it would have been better if the players did that instead of going out elsewhere partying. Or words to that effect!
:agree: apparently only 30 people turned up at the function despite PF requesting full attendance.absolute joke and sums up a lot of whats wrong with this club:grr:

Billychaotic182
22-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Some of the posts on this are bang out of order. Saying a boy should have a career ending injury is just shocking.

Prawn Sandwich
22-05-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm speechless after watching that! That film tells you everything that's wrong at Hibs and why we got such a drubbing by H£&@s.

18/03/07
22-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Should copy some of the comments and put them on the wolves forum,and let them know what type of player MD is,*****ing *****ehouse of a player,anybody notice that he looks over his shoulder before he says "no chance",being the coward he is making sure nobody was there

LioNeilMessi
22-05-2012, 01:28 PM
I think Doherty's childish behavior is a response to the absolute bollocking he would of got off PF in the dressing room about 30 mins previous, who obviously made it clear he was a disgrace on the pitch on Saturday. Total lack of respect i agree, but obviously emotions are running high. No excuses from Garry though, grow up.

ekhibee
22-05-2012, 01:49 PM

p.s. The dictaphone mic quality is better than what is used during the interviews at Easter Road etc.

Agree with all of this. Doherty could learn a lot from the interviews that Doyle, Griffiths and the Hearts players gave.

woodyloon
22-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Not a shred of respect for the club that could have kickstarted his career.

Hope it comes nowhere near that now.

That was the thing that stuck out from that small clip to me.

I know Hearts had just won, but they all come across as if they all have the same objective which is to go out and work hard and play for the benefit of the team.
They give the body lanuage that they have bought into the Hearts ideas and are willing to bust a gut even if their wages are late.

The final thing that is the difference is Skacel reaction, you can't argue he is a good player, but he is a forieigner and he has the right attitude about getting stuck into us and what it means. You might not like him but look at the end he was holding back tears, and he was the same when he was interviewed on Sunday, he shows how much it means to play for his team, we don't really have many players like that.

If we had won on Saturday I bet you the Hearts players wouldn't of been going about joking and laughing not long after the match.

Gez1875
22-05-2012, 02:14 PM
very professional..... your gonna go far with an attitude like that! hope you enjoy your slow decline back to the league of ireland.

calumb
22-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Doherty perhaps come over badly on the video but maybe the wasters are in complete control of things at Hibs that any player with a shred of ambition would not want to be anywhere near the place. Take the lad Airey from Newcastle who was supposedly homesick, perhaps he came up had a look at what was going on and thought wants the point in being here with this shower.
Maybe Dohertys laugh and no chance remark was his polite way of saying i'm no coming back to play with this shower of jokers.

bingo70
22-05-2012, 02:45 PM
I can't view it as I'm at work, what did he say?

Leishy1995
22-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Doherty's not as good as francomb. I stand by that. And I think George would have been a better choice for us on Saturday. Unlike this wage thief.

Godsahibby
22-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Despite the comments by many on here, I stick by my original staement. Anyone who shows such disrepect for any team your meant to be playing and fighting for doesnt deserve a career as a professional footballer.

It doesnt matter if they sign on a loan or not, if you agree to play for a club you should be outing your all into it, and you should care about games like that!

A. Welt.

Godsahibby
22-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Doherty's not as good as francomb. I stand by that. And I think George would have been a better choice for us on Saturday. Unlike this wage thief.

I agree with this, I thought Doherty was more of a centre half than a full back. Would hae much preferred Francomb in there, seems just as good defending but his right peg was far better for getting balls in the box.

silverhibee
22-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I can't view it as I'm at work, what did he say?

He was asked if there was any chance he could be back playing for Hibs next season, his reply was, "nae chance". and it wasn't said in a nice way. :agree:

Once you see the video you will know why everyone is raging.

truehibernian
22-05-2012, 04:28 PM
He was asked if there was any chance he could be back playing for Hibs next season, his reply was, "nae chance". and it wasn't said in a nice way. :agree:

Once you see the video you will know why everyone is raging.

I 'm not on it SH, but a mate has texted me to say MD has removed his Twitter. Going into hiding much like Saturday ?

Pretty Boy
22-05-2012, 04:30 PM
He's a fud.

The only players to come out of this weekend with any 'credit' are McPake, Doyle and Griffiths.

Griffiths for having the balls to acknowledge the fans after that on Saturday. Doyle for actually looking and sounding upset and stating that actions will speak louder then words and also for bothering his erse when he came on on Saturday and McPake for looking like he knew we were playing in a cup final.

Ian Murray has said he doesn't approve of those who went out on Saturday night so at least he's showed a bit of awareness of how the fans are feeling to. The laughing and joking going down the stairs doesn't look good though.

TheMentalHibees
22-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Doherty's certainly thrown himself to the wolves here.

The_Todd
22-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Doyle looked genuinely heartbroken and that's exactly what I want to see. Next I want to see him out looking for revenge next season. Doherty, well, he doesn't care about us so let's waste no time caring what that reject thinks. He won't play in a bigger game than that in his career so stuff him. He's had his chance.

Greenblood70
22-05-2012, 04:43 PM
I hope for his own safety Doherty has already left Edinburgh...best for us that he's gone and forgotten about asap.

The boy is an absolute tosser and will go nowhere in the game with his attitude.

Ach its no worth wasting words on...they truly dont deserve us.

Hibernia Na Eir
22-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Doherty will get wolves relegated. he will never get a single game for them.

The_Todd
22-05-2012, 05:02 PM

If he doesn't play for them, how will he get them relegated?

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2012, 05:02 PM

You will have to talk me through that one? :confused:

ShanksSaidNo
22-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Who is the wee laddie doing the interviews?

He's a star in the makin, far better than most of the ****** we have over here.

truehibernian
22-05-2012, 05:38 PM

I thought he was tremendous. Be worth emailing the club and getting Hibs TV to have him over for a few games next season......great for young fans to see too.

Treadstone
22-05-2012, 05:39 PM

Here is him on the twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/dcorbzz_Twotube

son of haggart
22-05-2012, 05:42 PM

I agree - for once non-OF players being interviewed by someone who has done his research, is articulate and thoughtful . Shows how mince the regular lot are

WindyMiller
22-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Clever young lad. :aok:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Donagh+Corby&oq=Donagh+Corby&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_l=youtube.3..0.1943.1943.0.5412.1.1.0.0.0.0.49. 49.1.1.0...0.0.0VF4AfG-zCc

Club should get in touch with him and invite him over.

woodythehibee
22-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Matt Doherty clears up his misquote and speaks highly of Hibernian

http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2785509,00.html

Westie1875
22-05-2012, 08:06 PM

Call me cynical but it seems like someone at Wolves is less than pleased with his behaviour and has penned that article and put Doherty's name to it.

CropleyWasGod
22-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Call me cynical but it seems like someone at Wolves is less than pleased with his behaviour and has penned that article and put Doherty's name to it.

Apparently, Doherty was playing on Sunday.

That explains a lot...:rolleyes:

Billie Jo
22-05-2012, 08:10 PM

Spot on, Mouthy little gob*****.

dp00
22-05-2012, 08:12 PM
And his twitter has disappeared

One Day Soon
22-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Well now isn't this fascinating.

I suggested in my OP on the thread: "Time for us the fans to get even with the imposters in Hibs shirts" that the players could take the club and the supporters for granted if they liked, but that we could also do what we wished. They get pissed, we post it and make clear what's going on etc.

Now we have an instance in which Doherty has shown his true colours, its been captured on Twitter and then reported and discussed by fans and suddenly, as if by magic, he never really said it or meant it. What a perfect example of the possibilities of fan power. Congratulations to whoever it was who shared the exchange he had with Doherty with the rest of us.

Doherty was misunderstood? Really? Watch his interview with that exceptional Irish kid and tell me he gave two hoots. Afraid not mate, caught bang to rights.

His Wolves paymasters clearly don't take the same crap we have been and understand that a player's reputation isn't just made on the pitch.

One nil to the fans over the imposters. Suddenly next season's George Street takings don't look so rosy for the night clubs.

PatHead
22-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Also having to apologise to Irish. Says it all...........................

leithsansiro
22-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Doyle comes across as a decent guy, with the proper attitude of someone who can identify with how the fans are feeling. He may have came from a LoI side, and people have said he ain't good enough purely because of that, but his attitude seems spot on and is the type of guy we need to get us back out of this mess.

Griffiths, quite rightly, looked gutted. We need to keep people who care about this club.

I don't think anything else needs said about Doherty.

dp00
22-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Doyle comes across as a decent guy, with the proper attitude of someone who can identify with how the fans are feeling. He may have came from a LoI side, and people have said he ain't good enough purely because of that, but his attitude seems spot on and is the type of guy we need to get us back out of this mess.

Griffiths, quite rightly, looked gutted. We need to keep people who care about this club.

I don't think anything else needs said about Doherty.

I wonder if there is more to the doyle being left out this season than meets the eye ? fenlon ovbiously knew the club had a bunch of wasters with the wrong attitude however had to play them in order to save us... he knew doyle had the attitude he wanted to instil in the team so kept him out so that he was not infulenced by them

hope that made sence

truehibernian
22-05-2012, 09:20 PM
PF went on record this last fortnight saying Doyle would be a big player for Hibs next season, and that this last while they'd worked on his upper body strength.

I think he's a fantastic player. Good touch, finds space, in a good side he'll score a barrowload. Decent pace too.

Togs91
22-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Doyle seems like a real professional, i hope he is a big part of the team next season, and that over the summer he will get up to the standard we need him to be. Definitely one to watch after the summer

col02
22-05-2012, 09:59 PM
I wonder if there is more to the doyle being left out this season than meets the eye ? fenlon ovbiously knew the club had a bunch of wasters with the wrong attitude however had to play them in order to save us... he knew doyle had the attitude he wanted to instil in the team so kept him out so that he was not infulenced by them

hope that made sence

Makes perfect sense to me as Doyle hasn't been tainted with same lack of professionalism as a few others. To me Doyle is like Sproule when he first came over in appreciating the opportunity he had been given. I think personally he will take said opportunity with both hands.

Hibs90
22-05-2012, 10:03 PM

Aye back-tracking now because he has been caught out. Fud.

Baldy Foghorn
22-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Aye back-tracking now because he has been caught out. Fud.

Yip a bit late now, another player who is totally classless

Shrekko
22-05-2012, 10:33 PM
I agree - for once non-OF players being interviewed by someone who has done his research, is articulate and thoughtful . Shows how mince the regular lot are

Which bit of his 'research' stood out like? Apart from a bit of 'blarney' and confidence for a man of his age, the questions were pretty repetitive and not exactly searching. Fair play to the lad but I think we're going a bit OTT here. He also couldn't decide whether Hearts played us off the park (when speaking to the Jambos) or whether we'd been unlucky(when he spoke to ours).

I'll tell you what did impress me- the way the Hearts players spoke. They even showed more maturity and confidence in their interviews than our lot. For all the absolute rubbish pre-game about our players supposedly playing clever 'mind games', it was proven in the end that a lot of the tosh being spouted by guys like Lewis Stevenson reeked of insecurity and desperation. The Hearts players obviously thrived on it, said nothing pre-game and then cooly made the point that games are won on the park after it was done and dusted. Absolutely brutal to listen to but you can see why they were taking the chance to make the point.

Another point is that it goes with saying that Doherty is little **** but I was more concerned about Griffiths dismissing the idea of playing for us next season in the way he did.

marinello59
22-05-2012, 10:44 PM
i didn't think his interview was that bad given that primarily he is a Wolves player. :confused: Aye, the twitter comment seemed a bit off colour but I have no idea of the context. I don't really care though, he's gone. (I still think there is a more than decent player there though.)

son of haggart
22-05-2012, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=Shrekko;3242371]Which bit of his 'research' stood out like? Apart from a bit of 'blarney' and confidence for a man of his age, the questions were pretty repetitive and not exactly searching. QUOTE]

I'd say the fact that he had clearly researched and understood that Hearts had scarcely spoken to the media whereas Hibs had been very communicative over the last few weeks- he went on to explore the rationale for that; his gentle pressure on the 'are you staying or going' situation for those players who were at the end of their contracts - I think he had researched and therefore rumbled the situation for Elliott, Doherty and to some extent Griffiths and Skacel better than the BBC reporters in the interviews I saw.

BEEJ
22-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Yes, the Wolves PR team have clearly taken him to one side and worked on an interview with him for the purposes of damage limitation. I doubt they would have been impressed with his recent outbursts.

Pity we weren't in any position to do somehting similar a few weeks ago.

Apparently, Doherty was playing on Sunday.

That explains a lot...:rolleyes:
:greengrin I spotted that too.

His Wolves paymasters clearly don't take the same crap we have been and understand that a player's reputation isn't just made on the pitch.
:agree:

Shrekko
22-05-2012, 11:23 PM
[QUOTE=Shrekko;3242371]Which bit of his 'research' stood out like? Apart from a bit of 'blarney' and confidence for a man of his age, the questions were pretty repetitive and not exactly searching. QUOTE]

I'd say the fact that he had clearly researched and understood that Hearts had scarcely spoken to the media whereas Hibs had been very communicative over the last few weeks- he went on to explore the rationale for that; his gentle pressure on the 'are you staying or going' situation for those players who were at the end of their contracts - I think he had researched and therefore rumbled the situation for Elliott, Doherty and to some extent Griffiths and Skacel better than the BBC reporters in the interviews I saw.

I hardly think noting that Hibs did more media interviews counts as notable research. Beattie was pretty quick to bring that up early in his
interview and he took his lead from that. Might have been more impressed if he'd brought it up with the Hibs players if you're talking about 'exploring rationale'. You're probably just delighted to see your players getting to rub it in, no?

As for the out of contract and loan players, he just asked them outright if they were staying or going/back- nothing subtle.

Like I say, I can see how you'd enjoy hearing Hearts players like Skacel been given a platform to gain easy popularity points but I really dont think the boy is anything more than confident and reasonably articulate.

Whos-the-poster
23-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Anyone else spot the blond lassie from stv news who does the sport????

wearehibernian
23-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Well done to the young man doing the interviews! Much better than the usual - BBC etc...
I was left with the feeling that the Hearts players showed much more ambition and enhusiasm for his questions.
We should all be asking what kind of culture allows some Hibs players to act in this way. The club is rotten to the core with apathy, indiscipline and weakness. In stark contrast to the magnificence and loyalty of our fans I may add!

SkintHibby
23-05-2012, 03:37 AM
Matt Doherty will disappear of the face of the footballing face of the earth.

Crap player. Crap attitude. No future.

CA Hibby
23-05-2012, 06:03 AM
Wolves PR machine in full force

cocopops1875
23-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Which bit of his 'research' stood out like? Apart from a bit of 'blarney' and confidence for a man of his age, the questions were pretty repetitive and not exactly searching. Fair play to the lad but I think we're going a bit OTT here. He also couldn't decide whether Hearts played us off the park (when speaking to the Jambos) or whether we'd been unlucky(when he spoke to ours).

I'll tell you what did impress me- the way the Hearts players spoke. They even showed more maturity and confidence in their interviews than our lot. For all the absolute rubbish pre-game about our players supposedly playing clever 'mind games', it was proven in the end that a lot of the tosh being spouted by guys like Lewis Stevenson reeked of insecurity and desperation. The Hearts players obviously thrived on it, said nothing pre-game and then cooly made the point that games are won on the park after it was done and dusted. Absolutely brutal to listen to but you can see why they were taking the chance to make the point.

Another point is that it goes with saying that Doherty is little **** but I was more concerned about Griffiths dismissing the idea of playing for us next season in the way he did.
Griffiths as pointed out earlier is no as daft as he likes people to think ;-). The fact is he is under contract at wolves and with a change of manager he has a chance in pre season to impress, he can't start saying "oh aye make me a hibee next season" he said exactly what he should

Paisley Hibby
23-05-2012, 12:54 PM

HATE to be agreeing with a Jambo but well said. An excellent, well balanced piece which puts the scottish fitba meeja to shame - not that that's difficult.

givescotlandfreedom
23-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Would rather have Criag Thomson playing for us than him again.

Hibiza
23-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Correct Matt, you were rubbish. :taxi

InterviewLoI
31-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Hey guys, just remembered that I have this account!

Thanks so much for the feedback! I like to think I'm articulate enough :D

Stevie Reid
31-05-2012, 11:45 AM
What did Doherty say on Twitter?

Islington Hibs
01-06-2012, 06:24 PM
His attitude isa disgrace. Unprofessional, disrespectful and frankly arrogant. He had just lost aCup Final and clearly could not care less.

I really wish Fenlon well sorting this shower out. Drinking after games, badattitude and apparently drugs and this interview takes the biscuit. These are supposedto be professional sportsmen! Good riddance to him.

Compare our boys’ attitude, in the video with that of our rivals. I am sorry to say they looked professional,self confident and appropriately turned out. As well as some half decentfootballers the club urgently needs players who die for the jersey, act professionally,and speak sportingly but with an inner belief. A total lack of attention todetail. I hope Pat Fenlon can install this rigor and discipline.

London Hibs FC
01-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Hey guys, just remembered that I have this account!

Thanks so much for the feedback! I like to think I'm articulate enough :D

You've got a cracking career ahead of you ...... really enjoyed your piece!!

I'll definitely look out for more of your reports in the future.

GGTTH.