PDA

View Full Version : Lower League Players

Hibtastic
22-05-2012, 11:08 AM
I honestly believe that we should be looking at players looking to make a step up rather them thinking they are taking a step down by joining Hibs. We have been signing players from Premiership / Championship clubs etc and the reality is that in their mindset, they are taking a step down. Ricardo Vaz Te is a good example.

We need to sign the good players from lower leagues - SFL, English League 1, Irish League etc who feel they are taking a step up and therefore will bust a gut for the club. Its the only way I can see this club eradicating the Bone Idolness from its players. For what its worth I reckon Pat Fenlon is exactly the man to do this. :greengrin:pfgwa

Just Alf
22-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Good point.

And totally agree re Fenlon.... despite all being said elswhere.... he was brought here to keep us up - end of.

He's also coming across as someone who wants us to do better, much better..... and with the best will in the world, what he said about the players after the game he couldn't really have voiced publicly beforehand.

:flag:

Leishy1995
22-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Can't say Fenlon's recent speach about the club's atitude didn't make me happy! He seems like he actually has the balls to say what he thinks is wrong with the players.

We also seem to be the only club who's transfer policy is not working at all. Sort it out Pat.

Lucius Apuleius
22-05-2012, 11:35 AM
And any time we do take someone from a lower league Petrie and the board are smashed to pieces for taking the cheap option.

The_Horde
22-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Totally agree. We need to shed this attitude where players think they are coming to do us a favour and can do what they want. The exception of course being players like Sauzee who treat the club as if it were their own and hate defeat.

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Very good point.

I also feel that we should be taking players from winning teams, not losing teams.

For example, instead of taking players from a Championship side that have just been relegated, perhaps look at league 1 sides that have just been promoted instead?

We need winners, we need players that are on the up and up. Not rejects that just couldn't cut it.

yeezus.
22-05-2012, 11:53 AM
:agree: At least Fenlon is on the same brainwave as most of us.

There's some good players in the SFL - I've been watching Stranraer as long as I've been watching Hibs and they have some good players for Division 3. I think it's worth looking to teams like Falkirk or Morton for keen players who want to play in the SPL.