PDA

View Full Version : Contract decisions: Murray, Taggart, Welsh and Stack released (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

R'Albin
22-05-2012, 10:21 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/102641-hibernian-players-to-discover-their-fate-as-fenlon-promises-changes/
(http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/102641-hibernian-players-to-discover-their-fate-as-fenlon-promises-changes/)

A number of the Hibs playing squad will discover today if they have a future with the club.
Following the team’s capitulation in the Scottish Cup final against city rivals Hearts, Pat Fenlon had hinted that a host of faces could leave the club.
Among the players out of contract are club captain Ian Murray, top goal scorer Garry O’Connor, both of whom will meet with club officials today to learn their future.
Goalkeepers Graeme Stack and Mark Brown are also without deals for the coming season.
In the wake of the 5-1 defeat to Hearts, Fenlon said there would be “changes” over the summer months.
He said: “There is a softness about the place that we need to change. We have to sit down and analyse it but obviously there has to be changes to the type of player we recruit.
“That’s probably what’s wrong with the football club, lack of desire and will to win.”

smurf
22-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Let them all go. Get McPake and build a team around him.

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 10:25 AM
O'Connor better walk.

Peevemor
22-05-2012, 10:27 AM
O'Connor better walk.

I'd imagine he'll be toiling to get insurance to drive in any case.

Thecat23
22-05-2012, 10:30 AM
If I was Fenlon i'd walk in and say, everyone in this room that played and was involved on sat are sacked. Enjoy trying to find a club you horrible bunch of no hoppers. McPake I can see a player there. Fat hole O'Connor is a waste of a human being never mind player. As for any other player GTF. No Heart, No Soul, No Passion. I hope none ever grace Easter Road again. Fooballers? My @rse!! Only interested In boozers in the city and pumping dirties.

WellingtonHibby
22-05-2012, 10:31 AM
If I was Fenlon i'd walk in and say, everyone in this room that played and was involved on sat are sacked. Enjoy trying to find a club you horrible bunch of no hoppers. McPake I can see a player there. Fat hole O'Connor is a waste of a human being never mind player. As for any other player GTF. No Heart, No Soul, No Passion. I hope none ever grace Easter Road again. Fooballers? My @rse!! Only interested In boozers in the city and pumping dirties.

This .

The Green Goblin
22-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Isn't it about time the club started dealing with the boozing/partying culture of the players? Establish some club rules and impose heavy fines or sackings for those that break them.

Beefster
22-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Isn't it about time the club started dealing with the boozing/partying culture of the players? Establish some club rules and impose heavy fines or sackings for those that break them.

Yup. That's why guys like O'Connor and Stack have to go. Senior players need to take the lead.

Leishy1995
22-05-2012, 10:40 AM
We lost Latapy when McLeish was here because wee Russell went out with yorke! Bring back those rules!

green glory
22-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Fenlon needs to be a dictator with zero tolerance for unprofessional wastrels. FWIW I think that's what's going to happen.

Chibs
22-05-2012, 10:44 AM
O'Connor better walk.
Well he certainly canny run

one day maybe...
22-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Shouldn't really be a long meeting considering the gash we currently have.

Hope there is a few wee gems of players Paddy has up his sleeve, that can bring some pride back to this club.

Craig_in_Prague
22-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Every single one can go.

Fenlon, do your best to change the whole club. If you don't get the support or backing, come out and tell us. We the fans, are 100% right behind you and if Petrie or players aren't behind you, again, tell us - It's them that should GO and not you.

R'Albin
22-05-2012, 10:51 AM
O'Connor better walk.

/Waddle.

I wouldn't be upset to see any of them go besides McPake and Griffiths.

Onion
22-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Fenlon needs to be a dictator with zero tolerance for unprofessional wastrels. FWIW I think that's what's going to happen.

I know this story... then the players go running to Petrie, he meets them behind Fenlon's back, PF's position is undermined, then we sign Mixu :roll eyes:

The place will only change when attitudes at the top change. Our tolerance for mediocrity is now endemic. We have an owner and major shareholder who's sole interest is financial stability ... doesn't give a hoot about it being successful. That attitude MUST permeate through to the Board. Nope, until we have change at Board level and perhaps even ownership, I see no reason why a *little defeat* in the SC Final should change anything.

Thomson
22-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Every single one can go.

Fenlon, do your best to change the whole club. If you don't get the support or backing, come out and tell us. We the fans, are 100% right behind you and if Petrie or players aren't behind you, again, tell us - It's them that should GO and not you.

This. :aok:

(Except Mcpake)

Broken Gnome
22-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Is there actually a meeting? Article doesn't say so.

hopefulhibby
22-05-2012, 11:05 AM
/Waddle.

I wouldn't be upset to see any of them go besides McPake and Griffiths.
McPake is not coming back is he, do you think PF has the respect of players in general?

marinello59
22-05-2012, 11:10 AM
McPake is not coming back is he, do you think PF has the respect of players in general?

You really should change your user name to something more suitable.

VickMackie
22-05-2012, 11:17 AM
I know we all want mcpake but if you were him would you be willing to come back? I know I wouldn't unless we signed some quality first but that's unlikely to be done immediately and there's going to be a time limit on the option we have from Coventry.

hopefulhibby
22-05-2012, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=marinello59;3241104]You really should change your user name to something more suitable.[/QUOT
I only speak the truth, if not please point out my inaccurate posts

marinello59
22-05-2012, 11:21 AM
You really should change your user name to something more suitable.[/QUOT
I only speak the truth, if not please point out my inaccurate posts

What are you hopeful of then? You have used the speculation about McPake to float your theory that Fenlon lacks respect. That's not stating fact is it?

Thomson
22-05-2012, 11:26 AM
You really should change your user name to something more suitable.

:faf:

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2012, 11:28 AM
I know this story... then the players go running to Petrie, he meets them behind Fenlon's back, PF's position is undermined, then we sign Mixu :roll eyes:

The place will only change when attitudes at the top change. Our tolerance for mediocrity is now endemic. We have an owner and major shareholder who's sole interest is financial stability ... doesn't give a hoot about it being successful. That attitude MUST permeate through to the Board. Nope, until we have change at Board level and perhaps even ownership, I see no reason why a *little defeat* in the SC Final should change anything.

Well you know a completely different story to me. I actually met my good mate Robbie this morning behind Collins back.:rolleyes:

Folk have said this that much its now become a fact on here for some, when nothing was further from the truth. :confused:

Big Frank
22-05-2012, 11:29 AM

:agree:

hopefulhibby
22-05-2012, 11:29 AM
What are you hopeful of then? You have used the speculation about McPake to float your theory that Fenlon lacks respect. That's not stating fact is it?
The fact is Griffiths threw a bib in PF face and called him an ametuer in front of all the players and staff and there was no punishment, Martin Scott has a few words with PF and he is put on gardening leave, what sort of message does this send to the players?

Beefster
22-05-2012, 11:30 AM
The fact is Griffiths threw a bib in PF face and called him an ametuer in front of all the players and staff and there was no punishment, Martin Scott has a few words with PF and he is put on gardening leave, what sort of message does this send to the players?

If you're *****, you had better watch your step?

Mikey
22-05-2012, 11:31 AM

You really don't like him, do you :greengrin

If you go on and on and on and on about it you'll drum up some support over time. It's a tried and tested tactic :agree:

hopefulhibby
22-05-2012, 11:36 AM

If you go on and on and on and on about it you'll drum up some support over time. It's a tried and tested tactic :agree:
He is just not up to the job or can you point out the positives since he arrived, he looked lost on Saturday

Mikey
22-05-2012, 11:38 AM
He is just not up to the job or can you point out the positives since he arrived, he looked lost on Saturday

:wink:

hopefulhibby
22-05-2012, 11:42 AM
:wink:
Thats the reply i was expecting

danhibees1875
22-05-2012, 11:44 AM
I'd keep Hanlon, Booth, Stevenson and all the youth guys.

I'd give McPake, Griffiths and Doherty the contracts we're willing to offer them and say it's that or nothing. We're not going to get bossed around by a player thinking he is bigger than the club.

Then PF and the rest of the management team should be off here, there and everywhere to find us a whole host of new players.

We will come back stronger next season.

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 11:44 AM
He was forced to change a team in complete freefall in only 1 month when he previously had absolutely 0 knowledge of the club's infrastructure and even it's playing staff.

He did it and we are still an SPL club, something I sincerely doubted we would be under CC. Major positive for me.

calumb
22-05-2012, 11:45 AM

I dont think anyone should really care whether that shower of wasters have any respect for Fenlon, we need shot of the whole lot of them.

Sudds_1
22-05-2012, 11:45 AM

absolutely right.......I support this 100%. Everyone knows that Scott just aint a gardener! :rolleyes:

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 11:46 AM

I'd give McPake, Griffiths and Doherty the contracts we're willing to offer them and say it's that or nothing. We're not going to get bossed around by a player thinking he is bigger than the club.

Then PF and the rest of the management team should be off here, there and everywhere to find us a whole host of new players.

Wouldn't touch Doherty with a barge-pole after recent events.

Beefster
22-05-2012, 11:48 AM

Thankfully, Doherty won't be coming back, no matter what.

hopefulhibby
22-05-2012, 11:49 AM

Booth must be in the picture for next season or else just let the lad go its terrible to go from POTY to sitting in the stand week after week

Dinkydoo
22-05-2012, 11:49 AM

What were not relegated.

After his signings came in we have seen improvement in results and perfromances - final aside.

He realises that we as a club are a soft touch and wants to change that "recruiting players with a willingness to win" - or words to that effect.

Dinkydoo
22-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Booth must be in the picture for next season or else just let the lad go its terrible to go from POTY to sitting in the stand week after week

:na na:
:jamboak:

IWasThere2016
22-05-2012, 11:53 AM
I'd sincerely hope not many have a future ..

Littlest Hobo
22-05-2012, 11:55 AM
McPake must stay!

But if we can't afford him then we must go and bring in at least two CH just like him.

I dont want to watch Hanlon anymore, I have lost my patience with all the young lads at Hibs.

None of them have grabbed the bull by the horns.

They don't need to, Hanlon hasn't had to fight and scrap for his place because every CH except McPake has been awful.

Start afresh and bring in some quality or we will reep what we sow.

Captain Trips
22-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Quite frankly if after 6 months we are concerned about player attitudes still that is something PF should have sorted right away. It takes time to fully build a good football side but if after 6 months we are still havibg bother with attitude and tactics then please leave and take just about all the dross with you Pat.

SouthamptonHibs
22-05-2012, 12:01 PM

I would keep McPake and Griffiths thats it.Time to clear out the young crop wotherspoon Hanlon Stevenson and Booth. I don't want to see them playing for us each off them has had there chance and failed. Time to get new faces in as these guys have been part off the worst Hibs teams ever and defo the worst in my life time hail hail

MyJo
22-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Sit down everyone who is out of contract or ending a loan period (except mcpake and griffiths) and say thanks for keeping he club in the spl but Cheerio.

Get the remaining players who have contracts for next season and lay down the law to them, no slacking, no tantrums, no boozing, 100% commitment, 100% effort, professionalism, respect for the manager, the club, the fans and each other and if that is too much to ask then don't let the door hit their ***** on the way out

loanheadhibby
22-05-2012, 12:08 PM

Watch Doherty v driver for Susos chance that mcpake cleared and then tell me if that is someone we really want to sign. Driver ripped him a new one and he gave up trying to chase back.

Doherty barely laid a glove on him in the whole game.

Captain Trips
22-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Sit down everyone who is out of contract or ending a loan period (except mcpake and griffiths) and say thanks for keeping he club in the spl but Cheerio.

Get the remaining players who have contracts for next season and lay down the law to them, no slacking, no tantrums, no boozing, 100% commitment, 100% effort, professionalism, respect for the manager, the club, the fans and each other and if that is too much to ask then don't let the door hit their ***** on the way out

All of what you said in 2nd paragraph shoud have been dealt with day 1.

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 12:14 PM

No, he doesn't have their respect at all.

I don't blame Fenlon though, that shower are completely incapable of showing any respect towards anyone. (Exception for a very very few)

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Quite frankly if after 6 months we are concerned about player attitudes still that is something PF should have sorted right away. It takes time to fully build a good football side but if after 6 months we are still havibg bother with attitude and tactics then please leave and take just about all the dross with you Pat.

Considering that there is an attitude problem regardless of who the manager is, can't we all agree that this issue clearly goes beyond the managers that we've had?

rubber mal
22-05-2012, 12:20 PM

Since he arrived, he kept us up, which I think was all that could realistically be expected of him, given the players he inherited and the timescale he had. He also got us to a cup final, which was beyond expectations.

On Saturday, he realised the midfield was too narrow and our full-backs were exposed so he brought on Ivan and pulled Sparky back so that we had five in midfield. Unfortunately, no sooner had he done that and Kujabi was sent off so we didn't get the chance to see any benefits.

There's only so much he can influence standing at the side of the pitch. If we have wage-thieves strolling about the park not giving a damn, then he needs to get rid of them. He has made it clear that that's what he intends to do.

hopefulhibby
22-05-2012, 12:23 PM
No, he doesn't have their respect at all.

I don't blame Fenlon though, that shower are completely incapable of showing any respect towards anyone. (Exception for a very very few)
I think its going to be hard to attract players to come to ER with all the bad press we have had and players talking to other players and giving bad vibes

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Since he arrived, he kept us up, which I think was all that could realistically be expected of him, given the players he inherited and the timescale he had. He also got us to a cup final, which was beyond expectations.

On Saturday, he realised the midfield was too narrow and our full-backs were exposed so he brought on Ivan and pulled Sparky back so that we had five in midfield. Unfortunately, no sooner had he done that and Kujabi was sent off so we didn't get the chance to see any benefits.

There's only so much he can influence standing at the side of the pitch. If we have wage-thieves strolling about the park not giving a damn, then he needs to get rid of them. He has made it clear that that's what he intends to do.
:top marks

Phil MaGlass
22-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I have two points and I certainly have no axe to grind with PF,

First, Pat Fenlon does not talk to the players, he doesnt communicate very well with them, for whatever reason he lets Brown deal mostly with them, and this IS from a Hibs player who has problems with the way PF communicates with them.

Second, It was PF who actually signed these players short term and picked them for the final, how is it possible he couldnt see they had no fight or desire before signing/playing them, surely he must have known what they were like before this??

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I think its going to be hard to attract players to come to ER with all the bad press we have had and players talking to other players and giving bad vibes

You're right, they should go to Hearts and not get paid.

hopefulhibby
22-05-2012, 12:33 PM

Iwas at the game and not sitting to far away from the dugout and i could see Kujabi was in trouble after 5mins and Doherty was getting skinned on the far side, yet it took PF over 30mins to see this then he went up to BB and LOB and had a 7 or 8min talk before he hooked Claros and gave Doherty a bit of cover, Suso just ran at Kujabi from the 1st min and it was a disaster waiting to happen and it did, but if you regard finishing 2nd from bottom and being humiliated by the yams as a positive then your entitled to your opinion as i am entitled to mine

Northern Hibby
22-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Well he certainly canny run

:aok: again we need a like button

hopefulhibby
22-05-2012, 12:36 PM

First, Pat Fenlon does not talk to the players, he doesnt communicate very well with them, for whatever reason he lets Brown deal mostly with them, and this IS from a Hibs player who has problems with the way PF communicates with them.

Second, It was PF who actually signed these players short term and picked them for the final, how is it possible he couldnt see they had no fight or desire before signing/playing them, surely he must have known what they were like before this??
He should have got rid of Billy the day he arrived, i think Billy has been leading him up the garden path from day1

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 12:42 PM

You're right, it will be hard.

But I fail to see how sacking the manager and brining in yet another unknown is going to make anything better.

rubber mal
22-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Iwas at the game and not sitting to far away from the dugout and i could see Kujabi was in trouble after 5mins and Doherty was getting skinned on the far side, yet it took PF over 30mins to see this then he went up to BB and LOB and had a 7 or 8min talk before he hooked Claros and gave Doherty a bit of cover, Suso just ran at Kujabi from the 1st min and it was a disaster waiting to happen and it did, but if you regard finishing 2nd from bottom and being humiliated by the yams as a positive then your entitled to your opinion as i am entitled to mine

I don't, but when he arrived we were in serious danger of finishing 1st from bottom, and I don't think anyone would have expected us to get anywhere near the cup final.

CraigHibee
22-05-2012, 12:45 PM
O'Connor better walk.

well he can't run thats for sure...

unless he's chasing the ice cream van :wink:

DH1875
22-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Why they waiting till today to have a meeting? Should have been done first thing on Sunday morning. Wouldn't have taken long to tell them all to pack their bags.

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 12:46 PM
First, Pat Fenlon does not talk to the players, he doesnt communicate very well with them, for whatever reason he lets Brown deal mostly with them, and this IS from a Hibs player who has problems with the way PF communicates with them. Would that be one of the many players that didn't show any fight or care in the world during the game, but were out on the lash later on?

You're right, he was probably aware about their lack of bottle in big games, but who was expecting us to get to the final in the first place?

Don Giovanni
22-05-2012, 12:49 PM

Yes, I agree with pretty all of that.

However, my concern is that he got the tactics wrong in the first place.

Everyone and their granny knew Hertz would line up with 5 in midfield, try to dominate the middle and expose our full backs with pacey wingers. Did the management team neglect to scout Hertz this season and learn nothing from the previous two (?) derbys for which they were in place?

[Albeit, this was compounded by a completely feckless display from the players and a cheating **** of a referee.]

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-05-2012, 12:50 PM

Didn't we have one in John Collins?....

:rolleyes:

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-05-2012, 12:54 PM
I'd keep Hanlon, Booth, Stevenson

What on earth for?, are you seeing something I'm not?

A genuine question here by the way.

SteveHFC
22-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Every single of them can piss off except McPake and Griffiths :aok:

GREEN WARLORD
22-05-2012, 01:14 PM

A striker with no service, of course your going to look lost. Not defending him but how can you do your job if you ain't getting the chances?

Spike Mandela
22-05-2012, 01:37 PM
We don't even have a solid base to build on. McPake and Griffiths would be nice to keep but none of the other players are really the standard we require.(not including youth players who are an unknown quantity to me.)

We appear to be stuck with the likes of Stevenson and Osbourne due to length of contract but unless these guys are fringe players perhaps as back up to our new midfield then I fear we may be struggling again.

The massive turnover of players required next year is huge and the evidence of teams who previously had such change over one close season is that it is very hard to build a team to gel and compete and most struggle. Aberdeen are an example of a club in terminal decline and we appear to be following their path of a constant stream of budget mediocrity as new signings.

As it stands I would consider us strong favourites for relegation next year unless Ross County flop.

Cropley10
22-05-2012, 01:51 PM

Then they'll just head round to Rodders house and complain

cad
22-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Then they'll just head round to Rodders house and complain

Well Crops , Pat &Rod better start singing from the same sheet or no f....r will be there

Cropley10
22-05-2012, 01:54 PM

Why on earth would Griffiths call Fenlon an amateur?? :confused:

Is this true?

woodyloon
22-05-2012, 02:14 PM
PF should already know who's staying and who's going, as he pointed out in his interview after the match re what he has already noticed about the players. Infact he could of done this on the coach home from Hampden.

1875Sean
22-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Funny how everyone forgets how many important goals Garry O got for us, kept us up …

RickyS
22-05-2012, 02:21 PM

thinking the same thing they bring very little to the table

ScottB
22-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Funny how everyone forgets how many important goals Garry O got for us, kept us up …

I don't think anyone forgets, but given since then he's put on weight, got slower and barely put in a decent performance in months, never mind his ongoing off field problems.

I've said before, I'd have the Garry that started the season in my team every day of the week, but the Garry that ended it is as welcome as any of the other huddies masquerading as footballers at the club!

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2012, 02:27 PM

Everyone, I can remember his goals, who has forgotten them? :confused:

1875Sean
22-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Everyone, I can remember his goals, who has forgotten them? :confused:

Everyone on here who is basically calling him a waste of space and wanting him punted!

Famous5forever
22-05-2012, 03:04 PM

Agreed get rid of all the dross but keep McPake its time for Petrie to invest in the team Big Time.

stokesmessiah
22-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Everyone on here who is basically calling him a waste of space and wanting him punted!

There is no denying the goals but heading up the town after that shambles and getting photos taken while your enjoying yourself is a bigger con that his goals are pro.

The amateur puss head culture at our club is why we are taking gubbings off lets face it, a pretty average hearts team !!!!

There is more to a football team than your single minded approach.

Saorsa
22-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Get rid of the majority, boozers or losers or both, most of them. We need winners, players with a bit of professionalism and a proper attitude. Players who think that what happens on the park on match day is more important than their nights out on George Street. I've spent quite a bit of time this season trying tae defend some of these players but that on Saturday sickened me and the majority of them can GTF.

down-the-slope
22-05-2012, 03:18 PM
O'Connor better walk.

Running is not an option....unless blue flashing lights and sirens are seen and heard

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2012, 03:21 PM

I want him punted, yet i can remember his goals. :confused:

Jones28
22-05-2012, 03:30 PM

What wrong wi that like?! :greengrin

Otherwise, seconded. Every ****ing word of it :aok:

down-the-slope
22-05-2012, 03:32 PM

Garry played for Gary pre Christmas when he was touting himself as a shoe in to goto Rangers in January...since then....I've not seen him contribute more than 15/20 mins in any game

Taz_hibee
22-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Well you know a completely different story to me. I actually met my good mate Robbie this morning behind Collins back.:rolleyes:

Folk have said this that much its now become a fact on here for some, when nothing was further from the truth. :confused:

Well according to JC when he was interviewed last week that is exactly what happened

Pete
22-05-2012, 03:58 PM
I don't think its realistic to get rid of everyone or everyone who played in the final. Replacing all the loanees would be hard enough but a whole squad? It would take years for them to gel and next season would be a disaster. I expect the board and management to do a detailed analasys and work out what contracted players are of sufficient quality to keep. The midfield is still the problem and how would claros fit into a midfield full of quality players alongside him? How would lewis link up with a creative player? How would garry get on if he had a decent service and another quality partner?
The key to all this isn't a clear out, its replacing the loan players with real quality and that means splashing the cash.

Baker9
22-05-2012, 04:09 PM
I don't think its realistic to get rid of everyone or everyone who played in the final. Replacing all the loanees would be hard enough but a whole squad? It would take years for them to gel and next season would be a disaster. I expect the board and management to do a detailed analasys and work out what contracted players are of sufficient quality to keep. The midfield is still the problem and how would claros fit into a midfield full of quality players alongside him? How would lewis link up with a creative player? How would garry get on if he had a decent service and another quality partner?
The key to all this isn't a clear out, its replacing the loan players with real quality and that means splashing the cash.

Aye, more detailed analysis should fix it! Claros is meant to be the 'quality player' not the one that needs a quality player. Garry is finished, burned out, fat knackered. Forget him. Lewis will improve again next year with or without quality around him.

matty_f
22-05-2012, 04:10 PM

To be honest I don't think Claros has shown enough for us to consider building a team around him. That might be harsh, but if we could I would end his loan spell now and look to replace him.

We finished 11th for a reason, the players at the club aren't good enough. After the loanees leave, we're left with players that weren't good enough to take their place in the starting 11. What does that say about them?

There is a deep rooted cultural flaw in the fabric of the club. Wholesale changes are required and it's not going to be cheap to do properly. Fenlon needs to get rid of the players that have consistently cruised through training sessions and done literally just enough to survive. It's not good enough and there's no way we can expect those players to set the standards for players coming into the club.

Would you trust Stevenson, or Ozzy, or Booth, or Hanlon, or any of the others, to demand that a new signing knows how hard they're going to have to work in training and on a match day to get this club where it needs to be?

We were second to every ball on Saturday, just like we're second to most balls most weeks. This is directly related to the players not putting in a hard enough shift in training. The manager takes some responsibility for that, but when a whole squad is taking it easy he can only do so much.

We need strong personalities at the club, stronger than those that are there at the moment. McPake is an example of the type of character we need consistently at the club to help the manager set those standards.

The players should be prepared to run through walls in training to better themselves, this lot look like they couldn't be bothered running to the walls, never mind through them.

We have losers at the club, IMHO, and until the losers are in the minority and decide that they're either going to up their game or f*** off somewhere else, then we won't improve or change anything. If that means Fenlon has to empty the whole lot of them, then he gets my support to do it.

Ozyhibby
22-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Talk of taking time to gel is just managers making excuses. If you sign good players then results will follow as soon as night follows day.
Any current player out of contract now should be let go and a better replacement found.

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Well according to JC when he was interviewed last week that is exactly what happened

Collins may have ended Hibernian's long wait for trophy success, but he did not have everything his own way in Leith.
Barely a fortnight after the CIS Insurance Cup final victory over Kilmarnock, Collins was facing a rebellion from several first-team players which he managed to see off.
When asked in April whether he could be forced to turn his back on his first managerial job, Collins replied: "Don't be ridiculous."
He added at the time: "You have to be thick-skinned, focused, determined and know where you want to go."

I wonder what it will be next week when he's interviewed by someone else?

darwenhibby
22-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Talk of taking time to gel is just managers making excuses. If you sign good players then results will follow as soon as night follows day.
Any current player out of contract now should be let go and a better replacement found.

Our problem is we replace the out of contract players with others of an even lesser ability.
I thought the players that Collins brought in were awful but they are superstars compared to the Cack we have now.

The challenge is for a manager to have an eye for a player within the set budgets. No manager has managed this since Mowbray and the jury is out on Fenlon

Bostonhibby
22-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Only issue for me is whether to use a giant catapult or a human cannonball - which gets the greatest distance?

Let the rebuilding begin.

nelson10.
22-05-2012, 04:38 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120522/ian-murray_2262950_2785527

cabbageandribs1875
22-05-2012, 04:39 PM

Hibernian today announced that Club Captain, Ian Murray, would be leaving Easter Road following the conclusion of his contract.

good luck to the guy

danhibees1875
22-05-2012, 04:39 PM

I think Hanlon has done well this season - especially next to mcpake.

Booth showed a lot of promise and was doing really well till his injury and I don't know why he hasn't been given another run in the team - I think he'd do well left mid.

Stevenson I think has done well too, granted a bit hit or miss sometimes but on the whole I think he has done well. Being player of the year isn't much to shout about this year admittedly but it wasn't given to him just for the sake of it.

I wouldn't complain if those 3 were part of our squad next year anyway, if they're first 11 depends on what players get brought in.

Diclonius
22-05-2012, 04:42 PM

Billy Whizz
22-05-2012, 04:45 PM
No real surprise there

blackpoolhibs
No surprise, he's hardly played a decent game in 2 season and he's physically not up to the standard the SPL requires.

Golden Bear

That's the ball rolling then.

Looks like Paddy is not wasting any time in his efforts to rebuild the squad.

SneakersO'Toole
22-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Good decision. Good servant but he is finished.

He will be on a good wage and it is needed elsewhere.

Pretty Boy
22-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Right decision imo.

Best of luck to Ian in the rest of his playing career and with his continued development as a coach.

Would actually have liked to see him given a coaching role but Ian himself said he wasn't.ready for that full time just yet.

Barney McGrew
22-05-2012, 04:47 PM
It's the right thing for both parties.

I hope he manages to get a deal elsewhere and stay playing in the game for a few more years, and he goes with my thanks and best wishes for what he's given to the club :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Probably the first of many to go. All the best, Ian, you'll always be one of us.

Littlest Hobo
22-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks for your services Ian, if only some of the players that have passed through our club had half the feeling you have for this club.

All the best.

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Good luck to him.

I'll always remember that goal he scored with only minutes remaining vs Motherwell at Easter Road, brilliant header at the near post.

Billy Whizz
22-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Where do you think his destination may be?
At Livvi with Yogi or the Pars with Jumbo Jim?

Pretty Boy
22-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Where do you think his destination may be?
At Livvi with Yogi or the Pars with Jumbo Jim?

Ross County maybe?

Ultrabee1-0
22-05-2012, 04:53 PM
yeah no real surprise sad to see him go tho loved the man!
give him about 10 years he will be a good manager and id love for him to become a hero at ER once again:greengrin

Joe
22-05-2012, 04:54 PM
I would like to thank Ian Murray for the great service that he provided Hibernian FC for so long. An excellent player who's passion and desire was there for everyone to see. In Ian Murray we had a player who really knew how we feel about this great club of ours. Sadly injuries got the better of him and it was time to part. How I wish we could play eleven players who felt for Hibs the way he does.

Thanks Ian and best of luck :not worth

The_Todd
22-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks and good luck, Ian. Hopefully we'll see him back at ER in some capacity one day.

fat freddy
22-05-2012, 04:57 PM
my favourite memory was a 25 yard screamer versus dundee utd...he charged forward out of the midfield and hit an unstoppable rocket into the top corner.

thanks for the memories ian.

ekhibee
22-05-2012, 04:59 PM
To be honest I don't think Claros has shown enough for us to consider building a team around him. That might be harsh, but if we could I would end his loan spell now and look to replace him.

We finished 11th for a reason, the players at the club aren't good enough. After the loanees leave, we're left with players that weren't good enough to take their place in the starting 11. What does that say about them?

There is a deep rooted cultural flaw in the fabric of the club. Wholesale changes are required and it's not going to be cheap to do properly. Fenlon needs to get rid of the players that have consistently cruised through training sessions and done literally just enough to survive. It's not good enough and there's no way we can expect those players to set the standards for players coming into the club.

Would you trust Stevenson, or Ozzy, or Booth, or Hanlon, or any of the others, to demand that a new signing knows how hard they're going to have to work in training and on a match day to get this club where it needs to be?

We were second to every ball on Saturday, just like we're second to most balls most weeks. This is directly related to the players not putting in a hard enough shift in training. The manager takes some responsibility for that, but when a whole squad is taking it easy he can only do so much.

We need strong personalities at the club, stronger than those that are there at the moment. McPake is an example of the type of character we need consistently at the club to help the manager set those standards.

The players should be prepared to run through walls in training to better themselves, this lot look like they couldn't be bothered running to the walls, never mind through them.

We have losers at the club, IMHO, and until the losers are in the minority and decide that they're either going to up their game or f*** off somewhere else, then we won't improve or change anything. If that means Fenlon has to empty the whole lot of them, then he gets my support to do it.

Excellent post, and one that I totally agree with, every word.

Twiglet
22-05-2012, 05:02 PM
As it says on the tin

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120522/player-update_2262950_2785532 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120522/player-update_2262950_2785532)

Good luck to them wherever they may go.

iwasthere1972
22-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Despite his move to the Huns I thought he gave his all while playing for Hibs. One thing for sure is that had he been playing on Saturday that thug Black and Rudi wouldn't had as much freedom as they did.

Good luck Ian and thanks.

BigKev
22-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Good luck in your future career Ian. One of the few genuine Hibby's left at the club today. Hopefully he'll be back at Easter Road in some capacity whether coach or manager in the future.

Hibernia&Alba
Good luck to them wherever they end up.

We must get McPake and Sparky back. The rest can go with our best wishes.

iwasthere1972
Good luck to him.

I'll always remember that goal he scored with only minutes remaining vs Motherwell at Easter Road, brilliant header at the near post.

I remember him doing that against Dundee Utd in 2005. I remember it well because they were handing out free chocolate bars on entry to the west stand. Won 3-2.

Saturdays Hero
22-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Good luck Ian

HibeeSince85
22-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Good luck to him, Hibs man and was a good player in his day. Correct decision though!

KingFranck
22-05-2012, 05:12 PM
If we had 11 players with the same attitude and passion as Ian we wouldn't have been 2nd bottom or put in such a non appearance on Saturday.
Cheers Ian

VickMackie
22-05-2012, 05:13 PM

Re the last paragraph, I'm sure he's known but what was the alternative?

I'm sure the majority before the game would claim that was the strongest starting 11 with the exception of brown/stack and Kujabi/Francombe.

Those slating the manager for something we've all been saying for a number of years now need to get a grip.

He patched up the team in Jan with the short time available and kept us up.

Baader
22-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Hope to see him back further down the line in a coaching capacity. One of the few right now you can never level a lack of passion, heart and commitment at. Good luck

col02
22-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Best of luck to Ian and thank you for the service you have given Hibernian.

Zondervan
22-05-2012, 05:19 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120522/player-update_2262950_2785532

Hibernian today announced that defender Scott Taggart and midfielder Sean Welsh would be leaving the Club following the conclusion of their contracts.
The Club also confirmed that George Francomb, Matt Doherty, Roy O'Donovan, Tom Soares, Richie Towell, Leigh Griffiths and James McPake would be returning to their respective clubs following the conclusion of their loan agreements.*Manager Pat Fenlon will continue to discuss player availability for next season*with the loan players' Clubs once they return from holiday.
Hibernian would like to thank all the players for their service to the Club and wish them every success in their future careers.

Matty_Jack04
22-05-2012, 05:20 PM
STV news just reporting ALL loanees will
Be returning to their clubs and Garry o
Is also gone with Murray.

MacBean
22-05-2012, 05:20 PM
STV saying oconnor and ALL loaners including McPake will no be at Easter Road next season.

MacBean
22-05-2012, 05:21 PM
STV saying oconnor and ALL loaners including McPake will no be at Easter Road next season.

MacBean
22-05-2012, 05:21 PM

The_Todd
22-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Yes, that's how loans work. It goes on to say that the club will then discuss availability of these players with their parent clubs after their holidays.

darwenhibby
Good Luck Mr Hibs of the most recent era.

Haste ye back in some capacity soon

Chibs
Bye
:cheers:

HibeeMG
22-05-2012, 05:23 PM
It would just be easier to look at either Hibs.net or the official site. Both those places gave you that information before STV did.

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2012, 05:23 PM
I remember him doing that against Dundee Utd in 2005. I remember it well because they were handing out free chocolate bars on entry to the west stand. Won 3-2.You don't remember it that well, that was Gary Smith :greengrin

Diclonius
22-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Welsh and Taggart gone according to the official site.

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Good Luck Mr Hibs of the most recent era.

Haste ye back in some capacity soon

Aye Mr Hibs, apart from when he was Mr Rangers. Bringing back all those Mr Hibs does not seem to have done us much good, and maybe even part of the problem?

Matty_Jack04
22-05-2012, 05:27 PM
It would just be easier to look at either Hibs.net or the official site. Both those places gave you that information before STV did.

Easier than walk past a tv already on stv news? Some folk goto work and work no watch hibs.net and official sites get off ur high horse

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2012, 05:28 PM

Hi pal, you get the emails i sent you?

bingo70
22-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Did they specifically say we wouldn't be going back in for them or that they would be going back to there own clubs?

The only one I'm bothered about is mcpake, even then as long as he doesn't join hearts I can deal with it, want to see the back of all that shower of wasters.

The_Todd
22-05-2012, 05:33 PM

STV reporters clearly can't read then:

Manager Pat Fenlon will continue to discuss player availability for next season with the loan players' Clubs once they return from holiday.

Westie1875
22-05-2012, 05:33 PM

And nowhere does it say none of the loan players will be returning. In fact it suggests quite the opposite in that Fenlon wants to keep some of them otherwise there would be no need for further discussions.

Typical media, spinning the worst version of the story.

bingo70
22-05-2012, 05:36 PM
And nowhere does it say none of the loan players will be returning. In fact it suggests quite the opposite in that Fenlon wants to keep some of them otherwise there would be no need for further discussions.

Typical media, spinning the worst version of the story.

Why would that be the worst version? I think most would be happy if we never saw them again?

Westie1875
22-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Did they specifically say we wouldn't be going back in for them or that they would be going back to there own clubs?

The only one I'm bothered about is mcpake, even then as long as he doesn't join hearts I can deal with it, want to see the back of all that shower of wasters.

From the fishy site;

"Manager Pat Fenlon will continue to discuss player availability for next season with the loan players clubs once they return from holiday"

Hibiza
22-05-2012, 05:37 PM
:taxi them all, every single one.

Westie1875
22-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Why would that be the worst version? I think most would be happy if we never saw them again?

I don't think most would be happy never to see McPake again?

Captain Trips
22-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Considering that there is an attitude problem regardless of who the manager is, can't we all agree that this issue clearly goes beyond the managers that we've had?

It is the managers job to deal with the players who cause issue not Petrie's. PF has failed at that, failed tactically and failed dreadfully in transfer window, PF for me unfortunatly looks to be even worse than CC.

iwasthere1972
22-05-2012, 05:39 PM
You don't remember it that well, that was Gary Smith :greengrin

Strange but you are indeed correct. I always thought it was Murray. Did he get sent off in that game. Must have been the shock of getting that chocolate bar for free that played with my mind.

Hibiza
22-05-2012, 05:39 PM
:thumbsup::bye::bye::taxi

Westie1875
22-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks Ian and good luck, as long as you don't return to Easter Road for the opposition. :greengrin:aok:

HibsMax
22-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Easier than walk past a tv already on stv news? Some folk goto work and work no watch hibs.net and official sites get off ur high horse

I don't have a TV at my work and no STV here at home. ;)

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Strange but you are indeed correct. I always thought it was Murray. Did he get sent off in that game. Must have been the shock of getting that chocolate bar for free that played with my mind.I just remember because it was the only goal Smith ever scored for Hibs.

bingo70
22-05-2012, 05:48 PM
I don't think most would be happy never to see McPake again?

True, but as long as he doesn't join hearts I think most accepted there's a chance he wouldn't sign permanently

HibeeMG
22-05-2012, 05:51 PM

Considering the news you've taken time out to report was already on here AND on the official site, yeah, it was easier to have a little look first before taking time out of your busy work schedule.

I wasn't trying to have an argument though so let's leave it there.

Hi pal, you get the emails i sent you?

I did indeed. Thanks a lot bud. :aok:

Best part of the weekend by far!

DaveF
22-05-2012, 05:56 PM
It is the managers job to deal with the players who cause issue not Petrie's. PF has failed at that, failed tactically and failed dreadfully in transfer window, PF for me unfortunatly looks to be even worse than CC.

Jeez, want to borrow my moaning git title? :greengrin

Would you have preferred Fenlon to boot GOC out in Jan or earlier given he's one of the supposed bad influences? Griffiths too, for his on field antics? Where would that have left us?

Fenlon does need to look at his tactics as he has got it wrong a good few times and if he doesn't find the players to fit the system he plays then he'll have to answer to it. But not right now. Not when he picked the shambles from Coco the Clown and had to deal in short term loanees to keep us up.

Purple & Green
22-05-2012, 05:57 PM
I just remember because it was the only goal Smith ever scored for Hibs.

Smith also scored in the cup v Stranraer in 2002

matty_f
22-05-2012, 06:00 PM

That's totally unfair, IMHO. Fenlon had to work in January with no money, and he brought in players that did enough to stay up, and even got to a cup final in the process. That we took a hiding in the final shouldn't take away from the fact that Fenlon took what was not a great pool of players into the final in the first place.

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 06:10 PM

Theres a very rotten culture at Hibs which I believe Fenlon is currently working on stamping out right now as I type.

He couldn't do anything about it when he first came in.

Yes, the way he conducts himself in front of players will effect their overall attitudes, but he was inflicted by an extremely rotten bunch when he came in, but couldn't risk getting rid of them all right there and then.

Now that the season is over, the real haul out begins and I expect huge changes for next season.

Even if we aren't playing visually stunning football, we should expect to see far more desire and fight and I think thats all we can really expect for the start of next season until we have a strong backbone that we can work around.

Give the guy a chance to see what he can do.

Even if you aren't convinced he's the man for the job, get right behind him anyway for the sake of Hibernian FC.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing what he's capable of.

Billychaotic182
22-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Always wished Sean would have made the break through. Wasn't to be

matty_f
22-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Hope they both do well wherever they end up.

Ferryhibby
22-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks to a huge hibs fan....sorry it was this year that it was your testimonial and so few turned up at the game, even though you signed for the huns, youl always be a great committed player thanks for your service:aok:

Ferryhibby
22-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Oh and thanks for the tackle on that little ******* black

Matty_Jack04
22-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Considering the news you've taken time out to report was already on here AND on the official site, yeah, it was easier to have a little look first before taking time out of your busy work schedule.

I wasn't trying to have an argument though so let's leave it there.

I did indeed. Thanks a lot bud. :aok:

Best part of the weekend by far!

Alright my bad I didn't look through other threads not the first time and won't be the last time this happens....I pity the next guy to make such a terrible error

HibeeMG
22-05-2012, 06:24 PM

Hibernian today announced that defender Scott Taggart and midfielder Sean Welsh would be leaving the Club following the conclusion of their contracts.
The Club also confirmed that George Francomb, Matt Doherty, Roy O'Donovan, Tom Soares, Richie Towell, Leigh Griffiths and James McPake would be returning to their respective clubs following the conclusion of their loan agreements.*Manager Pat Fenlon will continue to discuss player availability for next season*with the loan players' Clubs once they return from holiday.
Hibernian would like to thank all the players for their service to the Club and wish them every success in their future careers.

It's not taken long for George Francomb to get back into the fold at Norwich!

http://lockerz.com/s/211040874

Rasta_Hibs
22-05-2012, 06:24 PM
That's totally unfair, IMHO. Fenlon had to work in January with no money, and he brought in players that did enough to stay up, and even got to a cup final in the process. That we took a hiding in the final shouldn't take away from the fact that Fenlon took what was not a great pool of players into the final in the first place.

In retrospect why did we ever even think that shower were going to win the cup?

I can mind watching the St Mirren away game and thinking how bad we were. I got caught up believing that it was our time, i didnt rate Hearts all that much, i thought we could do it. But now when you think it over we didnt have anyone remotely close to an Ian Black, Skacel and the rest on their day are solid.

If The hibs team had actually tried they might have got something but that didnt happen. But Fenlon did manage to get the performances out the players in the games that mattered (Albeit very last games) including the cup. He got that out that of the worst team i have seen in a long time at easter road.

Roll on next season lets hope Fenlon is the man for us and that the board back him and we go onwards and upwards from this very low point in the clubs history.

HibeeMG
22-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Alright my bad I didn't look through other threads not the first time and won't be the last time this happens....I pity the next guy to make such a terrible error

Good, make sure and not do it again, eh?! :wink:

Treadstone
22-05-2012, 06:29 PM
It's not taken long for George Francomb to get back into the fold at Norwich!

http://lockerz.com/s/211040874

Testimonial , everyone will get a run oot , especially players who have been there since they were laddies .

Look at the very bottom of the sheet , imagine getting on after him.

Chibs
22-05-2012, 06:32 PM
:taxi them all, every single one.
Totally agree not one should ever wear the hibs top again

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Give the OP a break, he isn't a murderer, he's just trying to pass on some news.

sahib
22-05-2012, 06:34 PM

The evidence all appears to be on your side, imho, but what course of action, other than giving him another full season, is really viable. I don't think it is conclusive enough to give him up as a bad job, just yet. The cup final was a debacle, but he got us there and he did keep us up (was top six not still achievable when he arrived mind?).

matty_f
22-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Good luck Nid :aok:

Beefster
22-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Hope he finishes his career at a decent club. Was great for us in his first couple of seasons back. I reckon that he'll be back as Hibs manager one day.

cabbageandribs1875
22-05-2012, 06:37 PM

this confuddles me, that reads like he's willing to take them all back again :confused: or, is it at least two he wants back, or looking at another set of loan players.

ScottB
22-05-2012, 06:48 PM
this confuddles me, that reads like he's willing to take them all back again :confused: or, is it at least two he wants back, or looking at another set of loan players.

Well at this point the loan deals are all up, so they have to go back where they came from, this does not mean we aren't trying to get some of them back in whatever way.

It's a very general statement because we'd hardly want to say 'We are trying to sign x and y' so vague sentence it is.

silverhibee
22-05-2012, 06:51 PM
I don't, but when he arrived we were in serious danger of finishing 1st from bottom, and I don't think anyone would have expected us to get anywhere near the cup final.

Where were we sitting in the league when Fenlon took over from Calderwood.?

The_Todd
22-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Garry O tweeting he's left as well, can anyone prove the authenticity of this account?

https://twitter.com/#!/GarryOofficial

Westie1875
22-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Garry O tweeting he's left as well, can anyone prove the authenticity of this account?

Its a fake account, Hibs confirmed this a while ago.

ScottB
22-05-2012, 07:03 PM

Also saying sparky and McPake gone, which they are I guess...

The_Todd
22-05-2012, 07:05 PM

Ta

:aok:

JimmyL
22-05-2012, 07:05 PM
And no way would Black have run the show if Murray had been on the park on Saturday

silverhibee
22-05-2012, 07:13 PM
I don't think anyone forgets, but given since then he's put on weight, got slower and barely put in a decent performance in months, never mind his ongoing off field problems.

I've said before, I'd have the Garry that started the season in my team every day of the week, but the Garry that ended it is as welcome as any of the other huddies masquerading as footballers at the club!

Hibs new about these problems before they signed him.

As for the weight problem, even PF admitted that Gaz had not been training as much due to injury he was carrying, Gaz is a big lad and needs to be training and playing all the time or he just piles on the weight, PF said they had been working hard to get him back to fitness and at the end of the season he was looking a bit leaner and a bit sharper, the Pars game was it where it looked like him and Doyle had very good games and worked hard in that game.

Rod will be crying his eye's out tonight knowing he won't be at the club anymore. :wink:

Good luck Gaz in the future.

silverhibee
22-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Agreed get rid of all the dross but keep McPake its time for Petrie to invest in the team Big Time.

We have a wage cap, it will not be broken for anyone, its take it or leave it, looks like McPake has left it.

Littlest Hobo
22-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Sparky and McPake have both gone back to their clubs.

Dunbar Hibee
22-05-2012, 07:49 PM

Garry O'Connor does not have twitter.

Chibs
22-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Shockeroony

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 07:51 PM
WOW.

Reaaally?

hibee_nation
22-05-2012, 07:56 PM

He is as quick at tweeting as he is at running.

Hibee Hibernian
22-05-2012, 07:59 PM
McPake is not half as good as some make out, if he was that good is that how yams scored five (5)?

johnbc70
22-05-2012, 08:02 PM

Why would someone want to fake a Garry O'Connor twitter account? I mean what sort of life must this person lead.

HibeeMG
22-05-2012, 08:10 PM
McPake is not half as good as some make out, if he was that good is that how yams scored five (5)?

:troll:

MyJo
22-05-2012, 08:10 PM

Because he was trying to do the work of 4 men himself. Without him it would have probably been 8-0 given he cleared one off the line at 2 down and scored our goal to pull us back into it a wee bit.

One Day Soon
22-05-2012, 08:29 PM

Ah, the smell yet again of rankly minging Yam Fud.

hibee81
22-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Is it any wonder we are in the state we are, and i dont just blame the board. As fans the first bit of failure and we all slag the managers tactics as if we know everything about football. They played 451 and we played 442 yet we had 4 defenders to there 1 striker and all of a sudden thats fenlons fault that we concede 5. They scored 1 maybe 2 decent goals IMO and got the rub of the green for the rest, 1st maybe just about deserved it, 2nd lucky deflection, 3rd penalty that should never had been, 4th another lucky deflection and the 5th was IMO the only decent finish out of the lot. It was alot to do with mental preperation IMO, fenlon done the right thing and took them away from the hype yet come the day the players failed to prepare themselves and there is nothing fenlon can do about that. We need to get real as fans, we cannot afford to pay top doller on players so we have to shop around the bargain basement and hope to unearth a jem. Fenlon has brought in some good players and in positions that we as fans had identified before his arrival, McPake (Have to sign him IMO), Claros good player but hasnt got up to speed with the spl, Docherty good player going back to wolves and will get a game next season in the championship, Francomb not so convinced, Kujabi good going forward not so at defending, Doyle will be a revelation next season providing we get some service to him.

Fenlon will turn us around but we have to be patient and take even more rough with the smooth, he has one hell of a job to get a team together for next season and i think he realises that he needs to do this before they start pre season training as this is where the team rebuilding will start, as we cant go into july still trying to get this or that player as this upsets the balance in the team, so as i said i think he needs to have a squad already in place by early to middle of july and work from there.

Albion Hibs
22-05-2012, 08:41 PM

I would agree with that. I think he is a decent defender, but nowhere near as good as some make out. Not just because of the 5 on Sat, but the 4 against rangers, 5 against celtic, 4 against motherwell etc etc.

Wotherspiniesta
22-05-2012, 08:57 PM

Its hard carrying a defence.

McPake was unlucky with Skacel's two goals. He could have been slightly tighter for the first, but still managed to get a block. Unfortunately the ball skewed off his boot straight into to the corner. Typical pish luck against them. 5th goal our pathetic defence let him ride 3 challenges before McPake tried to save their ***** again with another block. This time the ball managed to find the smallest gap between McPakes block challenge and nestled in off the post. Sigh.

He scored our goal and prevented a certain goal when we were 2-0 down with a magnificent block on the line.

I tell you, if we had 11 of him on Saturday we could have stood a chance.

Bishop Hibee
22-05-2012, 09:03 PM

:kbacker:

JimBHibees
22-05-2012, 09:17 PM

Agree this is when the real job starts and PF will know that. He has a good opportunity to get rid and get in guys with better attitudes. I think he has done ok and what he has done shouldnt be ignored just because we had a horrible defeat on Saturday.

JimBHibees
22-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Its hard carrying a defence.

McPake was unlucky with Skacel's two goals. He could have been slightly tighter for the first, but still managed to get a block. Unfortunately the ball skewed off his boot straight into to the corner. Typical pish luck against them. 5th goal our pathetic defence let him ride 3 challenges before McPake tried to save their ***** again with another block. This time the ball managed to find the smallest gap between McPakes block challenge and nestled in off the post. Sigh.

He scored our goal and prevented a certain goal when we were 2-0 down with a magnificent block on the line.

I tell you, if we had 11 of him on Saturday we could have stood a chance.

I think he was culpable at the first and should have been alot tighter on their main threat. In general though the space giving to Skacel was positively criminal, he was their bigest danger and we are giving him the freedom of Hampden. The non-marking of him at the 4th goal was laughable and an under 10 team would have been embarressed by it.

Wotherspiniesta
22-05-2012, 09:46 PM
I think he was culpable at the first and should have been alot tighter on their main threat. In general though the space giving to Skacel was positively criminal, he was their bigest danger and we are giving him the freedom of Hampden. The non-marking of him at the 4th goal was laughable and an under 10 team would have been embarressed by it.

He definately could have been tighter, but he still made a challenge and it was still unlucky for it to ping off him and right into the corner like that. Was the shot even on target?

Davy Mac
22-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Don't know about anyone else but they can all go on ***** as far as I'm concerned and that includes McPake.

Getting horsed the way we did on saturday is unacceptable as has the crap we've had to endure since 2007.

Away and bolt the lot of you and dinnae bother coming back, bloody embarassment of footballers and frankly I don't want to see you grace thse doors again.

We would have been better getting eleven supporters from the terracing to play rather than these muppets.

Send out the right message Pat and tell them to pack their bags.

silverhibee
22-05-2012, 10:12 PM
where do you think his destination may be?
At livvi with yogi or the pars with jumbo jim?

usa

wearehibernian
23-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Is it any wonder we are in the state we are, and i dont just blame the board. As fans the first bit of failure and we all slag the managers tactics as if we know everything about football. They played 451 and we played 442 yet we had 4 defenders to there 1 striker and all of a sudden thats fenlons fault that we concede 5. They scored 1 maybe 2 decent goals IMO and got the rub of the green for the rest, 1st maybe just about deserved it, 2nd lucky deflection, 3rd penalty that should never had been, 4th another lucky deflection and the 5th was IMO the only decent finish out of the lot. It was alot to do with mental preperation IMO, fenlon done the right thing and took them away from the hype yet come the day the players failed to prepare themselves and there is nothing fenlon can do about that. We need to get real as fans, we cannot afford to pay top doller on players so we have to shop around the bargain basement and hope to unearth a jem. Fenlon has brought in some good players and in positions that we as fans had identified before his arrival, McPake (Have to sign him IMO), Claros good player but hasnt got up to speed with the spl, Docherty good player going back to wolves and will get a game next season in the championship, Francomb not so convinced, Kujabi good going forward not so at defending, Doyle will be a revelation next season providing we get some service to him.

Fenlon will turn us around but we have to be patient and take even more rough with the smooth, he has one hell of a job to get a team together for next season and i think he realises that he needs to do this before they start pre season training as this is where the team rebuilding will start, as we cant go into july still trying to get this or that player as this upsets the balance in the team, so as i said i think he needs to have a squad already in place by early to middle of july and work from there.

Jeez - talk about low expectations! This is the real problem, any players brought in need to actually want to perform for us, for once please. We have potentially lost thousand of fans because of this shame that team brought on us. Still..... the club, the players and management need time?
The time is NOW and there needs to be a real statement of intent from the board before its too late. I have followed Hibs since the early 80's and this is getting severely boring and repetitive while gradually our expections are eroded. ACT NOW and before its too late.
No I will no longer be patient!!!

Hibby 2005
23-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Surprised Welsh has been freed, he's as good as anyone in our midfield who played in the Final.

I guess it's all down to injuries. :confused:

HibeeMG
23-05-2012, 01:23 AM
I know there is doubt about the Jorge Claros Facebook page but it does seem genuine enough.

A message went on it tonight saying:

I can only thank Hibernian, thanks for these 6 months here were very emotional for me, I have no contract with the club and I thank you very much hibernian

Sólo puedo agradecer a Hibernian, gracias por estos 6 meses aquí eran muy emotivo para mí, no tengo contrato con el club y yo le agradezco mucho a Hibernian

Take of that what you will. I'm sure we'll soon find out.

Nailrod
23-05-2012, 01:26 AM
The time is NOW and there needs to be a real statement of intent from the board before its too late.

What "statement of intent" do you have in mind?

"After five seasons of abject failure, no money in the kitty, and facing the prospect for the 11th time in half as many years of starting yet again with an inexperienced manager and a random jumble of loanee journeymen who had never heard of the club, the manager, or each other until the day before they signed, and who will turn out to be not one whit better than their predecessors, the Board now fully intends to try to learn something about how to run a football club..."

Baker9
23-05-2012, 06:49 AM

"After five seasons of abject failure, no money in the kitty, and facing the prospect for the 11th time in half as many years of starting yet again with an inexperienced manager and a random jumble of loanee journeymen who had never heard of the club, the manager, or each other until the day before they signed, and who will turn out to be not one whit better than their predecessors, the Board now fully intends to try to learn something about how to run a football club..."

:top marks

PapillonVert
23-05-2012, 07:03 AM

Unfortunately, probably not a spit away from the truth!

The unwholesome culture of boozing, disrespect for the manager and club and general laziness and lack of professionalism amongst the players must be tackled quickly and completely rooted out before the club can even begin to plan on moving forward.

If that doesn't happen (and I ain't seen any sign from RP or the Board that they even realise the extent of the problem, although Fenlon I think does) then it will just be more of the same, no matter who we bring in to be dragged down to the current Hibernian squad level.

Phil MaGlass
23-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Good luck Ian Murray,
would have been nice to have seen a lone thread for Ian Murray.

Albion Hibs
23-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Good luck Ian Murray,
would have been nice to have seen a lone thread for Ian Murray.

In fairness I think someone did start if off as one, for some reason they chose to merge it with the general headlines.

PapillonVert
23-05-2012, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE=Phil MaGlass;3241287]First, Pat Fenlon does not talk to the players, he doesnt communicate very well with them, for whatever reason he lets Brown deal mostly with them, and this IS from a Hibs player who has problems with the way PF communicates with them. QUOTE]

When someone is smart enough to figure out that talking to a brick wall never yields any useful result, then it hardly comes as a surprise when they don't even bother to try.

truehibernian
23-05-2012, 08:36 AM
[QUOTE=Phil MaGlass;3241287]First, Pat Fenlon does not talk to the players, he doesnt communicate very well with them, for whatever reason he lets Brown deal mostly with them, and this IS from a Hibs player who has problems with the way PF communicates with them. QUOTE]

When someone is smart enough to figure out that talking to a brick wall never yields any useful result, then it hardly comes as a surprise when they don't even bother to try.

And is this player currently out the picture ?

Beefster
23-05-2012, 08:43 AM

And yet some ex-players have been praising him in the press since he became Hibs manager. Some players have also played for him in a couple of different spells.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to a single player with an apparent grudge. Either way, I'm fed up of listening to players' 'concerns'. Players need to start fitting into the Pat Fenlon way of doing things or **** off somewhere else.

marinello59
23-05-2012, 08:47 AM
And yet some ex-players have been praising him in the press since he became Hibs manager. Some players have also played for him in a couple of different spells.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to a single player with an apparent grudge. Either way, I'm fed up of listening to players' 'concerns'. Players need to start fitting into the Pat Fenlon way of doing things or **** off somewhere else.

:agree:
Underachieving players will look to blame anybody but themselves. We need guys who will take responsibility for their personal performances.

Phil MaGlass
23-05-2012, 10:13 AM

That could be the problem though, one or two unhappy players buggering it up for the rest. I think were all fed up with players grudges and complaints. Blood and guts would be a welcome change to moans and complaints.

Truehibernian, yes, the player is still at the club, though from what I gather may ask for a transfer?

stanton10
23-05-2012, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=matty_f;3241945]That's totally unfair, IMHO. Fenlon had to work in January with no money, and he brought in players that did enough to stay up, and even got to a cup final in the process. That we took a hiding in the final shouldn't take away from the fact that Fenlon took what was not a great pool of players into the final in the first place.[/QU
LETS, BE HONEST THEY WHERE MURDER, I DONT THINK THE GUY KNOWS A PLAYER, TIME WILL TELL.

smurf
23-05-2012, 10:40 AM

I find your line that Pat had no money to work with no money in Jan interesting...

truehibernian
23-05-2012, 11:14 AM
That could be the problem though, one or two unhappy players buggering it up for the rest. I think were all fed up with players grudges and complaints. Blood and guts would be a welcome change to moans and complaints.

Truehibernian, yes, the player is still at the club, though from what I gather may ask for a transfer?

Wasn't doubting you mate, but I'd wager it is a player out the picture and not getting his game. If so, to be brutal about it, players are better working hard and getting into the manager's plans.

Strachan didn't talk to many Celtic players yet they played for him.

Plus there are assistants, coaches and other players at football clubs to talk to if he's that sensitive.

matty_f
23-05-2012, 11:34 AM
I find your line that Pat had no money to work with no money in Jan interesting...

Fenlon's mentioned it in interviews. Whether he meant literally no money, or just not enough money to get better players in is open to interpretation.

I'd take the fact that Kenny Shiels has indicated he was priced out of getting Soares and one of the other loanees (IIRC) and the fact we did a deal to get Claros in suggests it was the latter (i.e. not enough money) rather than the former.

Tom Hart RIP
23-05-2012, 03:50 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120523/player-update-_2262950_2786621

Don't know if that means Brown will be kept.

Pretty Boy
23-05-2012, 03:55 PM

Another good decision imo.

Personally I'd let Brown go as well and bring in a new keeper with Antell stepping up to the bench.

Hibby Bairn
23-05-2012, 03:57 PM

I hope not. His arms, hands and fingers seem to retract when diving for a ball relatively close to his body.

Keep it going Pat....you are doing the right thing.

matty_f
23-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Sad to see Stack go, I always thought he was a decent enough keeper.

Favourite moment from him is still his gatecrash of Celtc's huddle when Mowbray was there.

BoltonHibee
23-05-2012, 03:59 PM

There is no way they will let Stack go and keep Brown...

He must have two goalkeepers lined up

millarco
23-05-2012, 04:02 PM

Another one bites the dust. No surprise again, we can do better than Stack (and Brown).

Today's reminded me of the week we announced a signing a day under JC, only in reverse. Here's hoping there's more to come.

Planet Hibs
23-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Think he is another who likes a booze, either way I want a commanding keeper who will go right through a player to catch the ball, nice one fenlon

SRHibs
23-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Another in a long line of embarrassingly bad goalkeepers we've had since Andersson. Hopefully Fenlon can fix this problem area! I don't mind Brown too much though.

Geo_1875
23-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Another in a long line of embarrassingly bad goalkeepers we've had since Andersson. Hopefully Fenlon can fix this problem area! I don't mind Brown too much though.

Just as well we're not relying on you to pick the team then.

DH1875
23-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Wish the guy well but a new keeper was always on the cards. Anyone know if David Forde has signed with anyone. Think he's one Pat could be looking at.

Speedway
23-05-2012, 04:16 PM
No-one doing the whole 'another midfield midget not Hibs Class' thing re: Cairney yet?

We're getting slow.

SRHibs
23-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Just as well we're not relying on you to pick the team then.

I'd have him over Stack. Would definitely buy a new keeper, but I just don't think Brown is as bad as people make out. Most people were fairly indifferent about him up until after the final. Would have him as a back-up.

Hibby Kay-Yay
23-05-2012, 04:22 PM
No-one doing the whole 'another midfield midget not Hibs Class' thing re: Cairney yet?

We're getting slow.

Was thinking the same! Although our last midfield were not midgets and still crap...maybe we've realised that size doesn't matter :wink:

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Would it be possible to have a single-post Sticky on this board, that one post containing only a list of players that have thusfar been punted?

Hibby Kay-Yay
23-05-2012, 04:24 PM

Personally I'd let Brown go as well and bring in a new keeper with Antell stepping up to the bench.

This

muzzhfc
23-05-2012, 04:34 PM

Another one bites the dust. No surprise again, we can do better than Stack (and Brown).

Today's reminded me of the week we announced a signing a day under JC, only in reverse. Here's hoping there's more to come.

says a man with maka as his pic ;-) (meant in jest, please do not take offence)

I'd have him over Stack. Would definitely buy a new keeper, but I just don't think Brown is as bad as people make out. Most people were fairly indifferent about him up until after the final. Would have him as a back-up.

he is a decent keeper, think he is a good back up keeper but not a regular first teamer.

Was thinking the same! Although our last midfield were not midgets and still crap...maybe we've realised that size doesn't matter :wink:

yep, our midfield is crap no matter how "big" they are. as is the entire team. skill, industry & footballing brain before size please

Albion Hibs
23-05-2012, 04:34 PM
This

I dont think Antell is good enough to be our sub goal keeper. If brown wanted to stay around as sub I would be very happy with that, but he may not be.

Gatecrasher
23-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Gutted for stacky, a good keeper and a good lad, hope he has no bother finding a new club.

Billychaotic182
23-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Gutted to see stack go but I trust Pat to bring in someone better

cabbageandribs1875
23-05-2012, 04:43 PM
good luck to stack as well, he said on 'off the ball' a few weeks back that he was hoping he would still be here next season

Purehibee_MYB
23-05-2012, 04:43 PM
From his facebook:
"After 3 seasons at Hibernian i'm sad and gutted to have played my last game. Its a Club that me and my Family have loved from day one and a City thats became our home. Fans iv'e met along the way have been brilliant and will not be forgotten. Those who have stuck by me through my injuries and picked me up when things on the pitch were bad i can't thank you enough. Its been a mixed journey of ups and downs, finishing 4th in my first season and getting into europe was a real high as well reaching the Scottish Cup final more recently and saving a penalty in the Derby at Easter Rd. My biggest regret is to have not won any Silverware and missing so much football in my second season. I'd like to think having played 35 games this season iv'e shown people i can stay fit and played my part in keeping us up. Iv'e now got to move on with my life and career and have no idea where it will go but one thing is for sure i can leave knowing whenever iv'e put the Hibs strip on iv'e given nothing less than everything to perform at my best and win every game! I know everyone is still hurting after the weekend but i firmly believe it is a ''Great Club'' and changes do need to be made but in years to come it will achieve a top 3 finish and will win The Scottish Cup and no one deserves it more than the supporters!! Thanks for everything STACKY and FAMILY X X X"

Great servant and devoted to the club from the start.. All the best Stacky :flag:

SaulGoodman
23-05-2012, 04:50 PM
After 3 seasons at Hibernian i'm sad and gutted to have played my last game. Its a Club that me and my Family have loved from day one and a City thats became our home. Fans iv'e met along the way have been brilliant and will not be forgotten. Those who have stuck by me through my injuries and picked me up when things on the pitch were bad i can't thank you enough. Its been a mixed journey of ups and downs, finishing 4th in my first season and getting into europe was a real high as well reaching the Scottish Cup final more recently and saving a penalty in the Derby at Easter Rd. My biggest regret is to have not won any Silverware and missing so much football in my second season. I'd like to think having played 35 games this season iv'e shown people i can stay fit and played my part in keeping us up. Iv'e now got to move on with my life and career and have no idea where it will go but one thing is for sure i can leave knowing whenever iv'e put the Hibs strip on iv'e given nothing less than everything to perform at my best and win every game! I know everyone is still hurting after the weekend but i firmly believe it is a ''Great Club'' and changes do need to be made but in years to come it will achieve a top 3 finish and will win The Scottish Cup and no one deserves it more than the supporters!! Thanks for everything STACKY and FAMILY X X X

Sad to see him go :not worth

Saturdays Hero
23-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Nice one Stack :aok:,no doubt he had a bit of an affinity for the club,but IMHO not a good enough goalie,lets hope Fenlon brings in a keeper with more quality,nothing personal against Stack but happy he's been released,we need & can get a better keeper.

18Craig75
23-05-2012, 04:53 PM
From his facebook:
"After 3 seasons at Hibernian i'm sad and gutted to have played my last game. Its a Club that me and my Family have loved from day one and a City thats became our home. Fans iv'e met along the way have been brilliant and will not be forgotten. Those who have stuck by me through my injuries and picked me up when things on the pitch were bad i can't thank you enough. Its been a mixed journey of ups and downs, finishing 4th in my first season and getting into europe was a real high as well reaching the Scottish Cup final more recently and saving a penalty in the Derby at Easter Rd. My biggest regret is to have not won any Silverware and missing so much football in my second season. I'd like to think having played 35 games this season iv'e shown people i can stay fit and played my part in keeping us up. Iv'e now got to move on with my life and career and have no idea where it will go but one thing is for sure i can leave knowing whenever iv'e put the Hibs strip on iv'e given nothing less than everything to perform at my best and win every game! I know everyone is still hurting after the weekend but i firmly believe it is a ''Great Club'' and changes do need to be made but in years to come it will achieve a top 3 finish and will win The Scottish Cup and no one deserves it more than the supporters!! Thanks for everything STACKY and FAMILY X X X"

Great servant and devoted to the club from the start.. All the best Stacky :flag:

That's a nice message. Unfortunately he's been part of the Hibernian demise and therefore has to go. All the best Stack...Keep going Fenlon.

Hibeesmad
23-05-2012, 05:10 PM
As it says on the title.

Sorry if posted elsewhere.

BSEJVT
23-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Stack was better than average - just

Not unhappy to see him go though

We simply must get in good senior pros with good work ethics and none of the off the field baggage that Stack and countless recent others brought with them.

Delighted with what Fenlon is doing.

Next please

Billy Brown

Mark Brown

Scott Thomson

Sean O'Hanlon

Jorge Claros

Osbourne

Sproule

Galbraith

We must get back to being a club where players see the chance to move on up to the next level, not sign guys who know they can go no further than Hibs.

These guys think they have arrived and like champions in any sport (which they are not) their desire wanes when they reach that level as its all downhill from there.

Give me 11 honest triers properly suited for the role they are expected to pay in the managers preferred formation striving to reach the next level and I will expect far better results and an on and off field standards than we have had to endure for the last 4 or 5 years

persevere1875
23-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Assume this is something to do with stamping out the club culture rather than ability because if its down to ability I sincerely hope Browns close behind him, if not leading the way

Rossco1875
23-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Sad to see him go as I thought he just edge it beetween him and brown (if he is staying) but in fenlon we trust!

Is david james not looking for a club player/coach? :hmmm:

truehibernian
23-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Sad to see him go as I thought he just edge it beetween him and brown (if he is staying) but in fenlon we trust!

Is david james not looking for a club player/coach? :hmmm:

Google 'David James - getting merry at New Year' - a really insightful piece he did for The Guardian. I guarantee you'll read it and at the section he talks about a team he was with that nearly got relegated you'll shout ' that's just like Hibs'.

He's too intelligent to come to this rabble anyways.

Rossco1875
23-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Google 'David James - getting merry at New Year' - a really insightful piece he did for The Guardian. I guarantee you'll read it and at the section he talks about a team he was with that nearly got relegated you'll shout ' that's just like Hibs'.

He's too intelligent to come to this rabble anyways.

A good read thanks :aok:

truehibernian
23-05-2012, 06:09 PM
A good read thanks :aok:

No worries rossco !

For those that want a wee read, it really could be Hibs.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/dec/31/new-year-football-drinking-excess

dp00
23-05-2012, 06:36 PM
My opinion is that stack going is more to do with changing the culture at the club rather than abiltity.

Im sure he was a great trainer and tbh not a bad players. but he liked his nights up town.

Good luck stacky, sure you will find a club no problem

Matty_Jack04
23-05-2012, 06:53 PM
His Facebook message would bring a tear to a glass eye

Good luck and all the best stacky

Hovehibby
23-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Infuriated me at times by staying on his line rather than stepping out, but you could never fault his commitment. Excellent shot stopper, I'm sad to see him go.

Thanks Stacky, hope you get a move to a good club.