PDA

View Full Version : Get over it

CRAZYHIBBY
21-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Seriously its time to just put this to bed....we got absolutely humped by a far better team. I think a lot of folk care more about what other people think and now its time to raise two fingers up to them and say **** you all...

c31
21-05-2012, 10:45 PM
I can't ignore the worse result ever, 53 years old and my mind is still numb, unless Hibs come out with speculator news to try and soften the blow I am still very angry.

Kato
21-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Seriously its time to just put this to bed....we got absolutely humped by a far better team. I think a lot of folk care more about what other people think nd now its time to raisetwo fingers

I'll take your two fingers and raise you another two fingers.

As for putting it to bed it's going nowhere.

Raising two fingers is an option though, I tend not to waste energy on jambos so usually only raise one.

LeithBoozy
21-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Seriously its time to just put this to bed....we got absolutely humped by a far better team. I think a lot of folk care more about what other people think and now its time to raise two fingers up to them and say **** you all...

Get it right, we got absolutely humped by a far better team and a bent Jambo ref.

LeithBoozy
21-05-2012, 11:02 PM

Get it right, we got absolutely humped by a far better team and a bent Jambo ref.

CRAZYHIBBY
21-05-2012, 11:06 PM

The jambo ref was included

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 11:08 PM

We should be putting teams like Hearts to bed, not our worst nightmares.

This will leave a scar in every Hibees heart.

Russ
21-05-2012, 11:18 PM

A wouldnae say they were a far better team, we jist didnae turn up and gave them acres of space, agree with the rest tho, roll on next season. This one's forgotten about awready. Including that result. Don't rise to the ****bo bait, we will come good again, in FENLON i trust:flag::flag:

21-05-2012, 11:51 PM
They are not a far better team but we always make them look it because we simply do not perform in derbies. I don't know why our players go into derbies with a bad mentality but it has to change!

Anyway, yes we should be moving forward and not dwelling but learning from it and using it to progress.

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2012, 12:17 AM
We'll get over it in time. Personally it might might take me quite some time, but time will heal. Sadly it will always be there in history, but there's nothing we can do about that. It will always be a painful memory.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Get the green tints off folks ....they are....or the way its looking now ...were better than us....what member of that hearts team would not walk into our starting 11

CB_NO3
22-05-2012, 07:33 AM
They are not a far better team but we always make them look it because we simply do not perform in derbies. I don't know why our players go into derbies with a bad mentality but it has to change!

Anyway, yes we should be moving forward and not dwelling but learning from it and using it to progress.
They are a far better team. While Hearts are pretty average, we are rank rotton. We have been all season. We got what we deserved and thats why we have been second bottom of the league all season.

bingo70
22-05-2012, 07:53 AM
We can't just forget about it and move on, if we do that then nothing will ever change.

We need to make sure the club are hurting so much we make sure we build from this and grow as a club again.

I've seen comparisons with the German national team after they got pumped 5-1 by England and France failing to qualify for USA 94 and how they reacted andi think that's how we need to view Saturday, the catalyst to start again.

Paisley Hibby
22-05-2012, 07:59 AM
We can't just forget about it and move on, if we do that then nothing will ever change.

We need to make sure the club are hurting so much we make sure we build from this and grow as a club again.

I've seen comparisons with the German national team after they got pumped 5-1 by England and France failing to qualify for USA 94 and how they reacted andi think that's how we need to view Saturday, the catalyst to start again.

Great post.

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Get the green tints off folks ....they are....or the way its looking now ...were better than us....what member of that hearts team would not walk into our starting 11

Nobody is denying that they would all walk into our starting 11.

Doesn't it just make you feel better knowing that?......

Beefster
22-05-2012, 09:25 AM

Utter loser mentality.

"Yes, it was one of the worst results in our history but let's not dwell on it and see if we can try and do a little bit better next time.".

This mentality is rife amongst the support (the amount of supporters who had us defeated before Saturday was horrific) and at the club too (as has been evident again from some of the post-final player chat). It's a massive problem that has to be addressed. We should be hurting like **** and determined to a) never let them humilate us again and b) finally sort out the problems that have existed at ER for years.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-05-2012, 09:56 AM
if I had a losers mentality I wouldnt have stuck 50 quid on a hibs win.

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Utter loser mentality.

"Yes, it was one of the worst results in our history but let's not dwell on it and see if we can try and do a little bit better next time.".

This mentality is rife amongst the support (the amount of supporters who had us defeated before Saturday was horrific) and at the club too (as has been evident again from some of the post-final player chat). It's a massive problem that has to be addressed. We should be hurting like **** and determined to a) never let them humilate us again and b) finally sort out the problems that have existed at ER for years.

:top marks

They call us the "wee team" for a reason.

Perhap if we lost the "wee team" mentality, we could actually move in the right direction for a change, instead of laying down and accepting defeat as if its the natural order of things.

Thecat23
22-05-2012, 10:41 AM
I said to my dad yesterday that nothing and I mean nothing will ever make up for that hammering on sat. if Hibs win the next 100 Derbies whoopy doo! Scottish Cup Final that was, not a league game or friendly, A SCOTTISH CUP FINAL. They have every right now to have a hold over us no matter what we do and who we sign. Biggest game in the history of both clubs, and Hibs decided to not try a leg. 7-0 6-2 I'd trade every day of the week to win a cup final 5-1 against that mob. Anyone who thinks different is deluded. Remember we never won anything for those matches bar points. They got a wee small bonus of "a scottish cup" on top of a complete horsing.

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 10:51 AM
I said to my dad yesterday that nothing and I mean nothing will ever make up for that hammering on sat. if Hibs win the next 100 Derbies whoopy doo! Scottish Cup Final that was, not a league game or friendly, A SCOTTISH CUP FINAL. They have every right now to have a hold over us no matter what we do and who we sign. Biggest game in the history of both clubs, and Hibs decided to not try a leg. 7-0 6-2 I'd trade every day of the week to win a cup final 5-1 against that mob. Anyone who thinks different is deluded. Remember we never won anything for those matches bar points. They got a wee small bonus of "a scottish cup" on top of a complete horsing.

And thats exactly how it is.

Anybody saying "och, its not that bad" is seriously fooling themselves.

It was Hearts we were playing, not Barcelona. Yet somehow, we made them look like such.

Not only that, but in the biggest game that many of us will probably ever experience in our lives.

RickyS
22-05-2012, 10:53 AM

agree with all of that 100% if that makes me a bed-wetter then fine