PDA

View Full Version : Scott Taggart is away

Gus Fring
21-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Looks like he might have been released? He just posted this in Twitter

@taggs30: Goodbye Hibernian.. �� Ballin solo..

https://twitter.com/taggs30/statuses/204686746275954689

Jonnyboy
21-05-2012, 09:45 PM

@taggs30: Goodbye Hibernian.. 👋 Ballin solo..

Sad if true but necessary to shed a few to make room for much needed new signings

BarneyK
21-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Sad if true but necessary to shed a few to make room for much needed new signings

And given what Ian Murray posted, might be a few more away tomorrow...

Ian Murray ‏@IanMurray6
bedtime folks lets just hope i wake up a hibee again.

Macaroon
21-05-2012, 11:27 PM
And given what Ian Murray posted, might be a few more away tomorrow...

Ian Murray ‏@IanMurray6
bedtime folks lets just hope i wake up a hibee again.

Nah mate. He posted after the cup final saying "At least I'll never wake up a jambo".

It provoked many of the unwashed yams and he recieved the usual dogs abuse thick and fast for the whole day. This is him just winding them up again :thumbsup:

PapillonVert
22-05-2012, 05:56 AM

@taggs30: Goodbye Hibernian.. �� Ballin solo..

Could be a more subtle existentialist message there.

bingo70
22-05-2012, 06:22 AM
Journalist on Twitter said yesterday welsh has signed a two year deal with Partick.

I was hoping that we'd be seeing more young players supplementing a smaller squad of experienced first team players, hopefully that's still going to be the case

The Falcon
22-05-2012, 06:27 AM

I am disappointed if he has gone. Had hopes for him.

Billy Whizz
22-05-2012, 06:27 AM
Journalist on Twitter said yesterday welsh has signed a two year deal with Partick.

I was hoping that we'd be seeing more young players supplementing a smaller squad of experienced first team players, hopefully that's still going to be the case

With the under 21 rule still in place I would expect some of the top under 19's to be getting a place on the bench at least next season. We now have a bit of a void between the last of the boys coming through Wotherspoon, Hanlon, Booth and the next group. Apart from these 3 who else had come through of late?

Hibby Bairn
22-05-2012, 06:59 AM
The development of young players at Hibs from youth/U19 to first team over the past few seasons has been shocking. Hibs are badly letting these boys down.

col02
22-05-2012, 07:17 AM
The development of young players at Hibs from youth/U19 to first team over the past few seasons has been shocking. Hibs are badly letting these boys down.

The lack of a proper reserve league is what's letting the young boys down! Another year or two after under 19's playing against people their own age allows them to at least compete physically. Instead they are in a sink or swim scenario as it stands now. Would envisage there are a lot of young guys from the SPL now plying their trade lower down the leagues having been unable at the time to compete well enough to be retained.

truehibernian
22-05-2012, 07:23 AM

Do you watch a lot of U19 football TH to have that opinion ? Just curious - I agree that the filtering in of young players has been poor, especially last season, but being honest, the ones that have contracts were the best.

I am disapppointed that we didn't see more of Caldwell and Handling (especially), Welsh has been one of the unluckiest youth players I've known ever with injury, but for me the only other guy I would have considered was Smith at left back.

Taggart looked woeful each time I saw him and I was pretty surprised we retained him. Pre season at both Falkirk sealed it for me. Had hopes for Byrne, he was a bit of a McCoist type ....could be out the game for 89 mins yet pop up at right time with a goal. But he didn't see eye to eye with Hughes, as such his own attitude suffered.

Of the current crop, Forster, Harris, Caldwell and Handling are ready in my opinion. I see Antell has been given a deal.......have to say that it surprised me. He seems a bit of a party boy too.

Hearts have the better youth set up - ask any coach or scout. The Murrays are very knowledge and have a real eye for talent. But they have had a better budget to work with. To put things into perspective, last year Celtic spent nearly £200,000 on youth players en route to their title (U19s) - most of which will be released or not come though the system. Makes it even harder to attract players, and then some get that ' I've made it' attitude before a competitive ball is even kicked.