PDA

View Full Version : East mains- turn it into a youth academy

SonOfTortolano
21-05-2012, 09:25 PM
I think that there are a few in agreement that East Mains does not seem to have improved our players a great deal. Before we had the thing we seemed to have more success..

Can we not use ths facility as a training academy for youths as well as a centre for our team?

Or does this happen already?

snooky
21-05-2012, 09:26 PM
I think that there are a few in agreement that East Mains does not seem to have improved our players a great deal. Before we had the thing we seemed to have more success..

Can we not use ths facility as a training academy for youths as well as a centre for our team?

Ask Billy Butlin :wink:

SonOfTortolano
21-05-2012, 09:28 PM
FFS...Don't tell me he's been signed by Fenlon!

The Falcon
21-05-2012, 09:46 PM

Somebody on here listed the young teams that Hibs put out and how well they are doing. Made good reading.

theonlywayisup
21-05-2012, 09:50 PM
I have just posted this on another thread so will copy it into this thread too.

I think the thing that depresses me more than anything is the lack of apparent quality coming from the youth set-up. I had always thought that the purpose of the youth set-up was that the style of play at the youth level was the same as that at senior level, so at any time you could pluck a player from the youth team and fit him into the senior team and not notice much of a difference (as what happens at Barca).

In the past, when Brown, Deek, Thomson, Whittaker, Fletcher made their debut, I remember thinking "wow, they look the part". Yet the recent crop, make no impression on me at all. Is that because they are not good enough or is it because they are coming into a team that plays differently from what they play at the youth level?

I would be interested to know from anyone who watches both is thare any similarity in playing style and formation between the youth and senior level.

Saorsa
21-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Turn it back in tae a farmers field and save on the running costs.

SonOfTortolano
21-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Perhaps we are good at making youth teams but making the transition into professional players is too big a step. In saying that we had Brown, Deek, etc but we still never had East Mains. We did have John Park tho....

ruthven_raiders
22-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Perhaps we are good at making youth teams but making the transition into professional players is too big a step. In saying that we had Brown, Deek, etc but we still never had East Mains. We did have John Park tho....

Just no vision at Easter road why can't they look at Germany holland Portugal and see how they bring on youngsters into first team, maybe appoint coaches from these countries to turn us around we need a radical change in outlook. Also look at Montpellier and how they took on the big boys.

Gatecrasher
22-05-2012, 08:10 AM
I thought youth academy was ready part of its remit?

KanyeWestLower
22-05-2012, 08:45 AM

Michael Owen is a free agent and looking for a club, we should make an offer.

Probably cant afford his salary, but Hibs could make it up with some add ons. After all he could be offered the use of East Mains to train his racing stable. Minimal outlay really and maximising the revenue potential from a current under utilised asset as well, Rod would probably knock one out dreaming about that

All rod would need to do is buy some extra fencing to keep the donkeys and thoroughbreds separated.

Brooster
22-05-2012, 08:58 AM
East Mains doubles up as a Traning Centre and a Youth Academy. Lads as young as seven can be seen training every night of the week.

Ive seen the u19s a number of times this season and guys like Harris, Stanton, Forster, Handling and Caldwell really should be getting a run in the first team here and there, its the only way we can find out if they are good enough and capable of improving. The golden era were promoted at an early age and we need to get back to pushing them hard again.

Bobo
22-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Many people’s conception of the coaching of youth players appear to be that the club should be churning out young superstars from East Mains (the academy) every other season but the truth in fact is that players of that calibre are generally born with the talent and technical abilities, it's the mental and physical (conditioning) attributes that are instilled in them through coaching.

90% of football is in the head with the remaining 10% what defines the best from the rest. If the mental qualities and correct attitudes are not instilled in a player at an early age and they don't apply and adhere to the belief of making something of themselves and dedicate their time to doing the right things to become better than the rest then they won't..... "You can lead a horse to water but cannot make it drink".

The culture of our first team squad has been tarnished for too long with poor player attitudes and off-field conduct that implies that they are more than happy to pick up a wage and paint the town red than put in extra hours at East Mains and performing on a Saturday. Young players breaking into the first team squad are tainted with this attitude and inevitably suffer for it.

Going forward the coaching staff need to address these issues and instil the correct discipline and mental attitude from the youth players through to the first team squad otherwise it will be a long time before we see the next Steven Fletcher coming through.

Just my opinion.

Greendub
22-05-2012, 09:56 AM
You just have to look at barca, they give the young lads a try in the first team, like tello, deulefeu, bartra.

They are not in the team all the time, but the passion they show, would work well if applied to our youngsters.

Even if the didn't play, being alongside first team players should encourage them to be better.

Has a Dutch guy no taken over youth development for the national team? He might know someone willing to be In charge of ours?

Just_Jimmy
22-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Michael Owen is a free agent and looking for a club, we should make an offer.

Probably cant afford his salary, but Hibs could make it up with some add ons. After all he could be offered the use of East Mains to train his racing stable. Minimal outlay really and maximising the revenue potential from a current under utilised asset as well, Rod would probably knock one out dreaming about that

All rod would need to do is buy some extra fencing to keep the donkeys and thoroughbreds separated.

We're talking about wage thiefs and he's the king of the wage thiefs.

muzzhfc
22-05-2012, 11:13 AM
its not east mains thats the problem, its the east stand!! ever since we announced that the auld one was being replaced, we went down hill. before the announcment, we were sitting 3rd, then boom, the announcement and we scraped 4th:rolleyes:

livi hibby
22-05-2012, 02:13 PM
right i don`t post on here not because i don`t want to but i don`t know what to say most of the time but this annoys me since we got rid of the reserve league the quailty of player has went down hill the laddie`s are not getting to play against the more experienced players that are recovering from injury trying to get match fittness etc the older players that are coming to an end the one`s as i see it give you a lift .we get laddie`s comeing through now that are making mistake`s and being sluttered by fan`s confidence get`s shot to bit`s spoony and booth again i think the reserve league would be the answer to getting the best out of laddie`s like this everyone remembers the mistake`s and nothing else .

the other thing the annoys me is why have the like`s of green shoots and stop at the age of 12 why can the club not keep this thing going to the age of 21 or so you can`t tell me there`s not any good laddie`s out there any age i have followed youth club football with both my boy`s and i have seen some great laddie`s playing with there mate`s laddie`s that could make it if they had better advice coaching even if they paid for the coaching there self`s surely something like this must be a benefit to the club you might pick up the one or two that have not been seen that do have the potenial to make it

we need to stop telling laddie`s that have three or four bad game`s that they are no good and kick them out this is where i thought the school boy form`s was a good idea they sign for the club then still play for the boy`s club both club`s can over see the players ,if they are playing well bring them in of a couple of game`s bring them in for trainning two or three time`s a month well that`s my rant on that i hope i make some sense don`t rip me apart or i`ll no post for another couple of years :agree:

down-the-slope
22-05-2012, 08:16 PM

We also had a reserve league where youngsters learnt to do battle with seasoned pros....and reserve players could actually gain some sharpness that meant that the bench was a benefit....not the dead zone it now is...

Still things have progressed in the game and the experts think an U20 league will solve it all :rolleyes:

S.sct
22-05-2012, 08:40 PM
East Mains doubles up as a Traning Centre and a Youth Academy. Lads as young as seven can be seen training every night of the week.

Ive seen the u19s a number of times this season and guys like Harris, Stanton, Forster, Handling and Caldwell really should be getting a run in the first team here and there, its the only way we can find out if they are good enough and capable of improving. The golden era were promoted at an early age and we need to get back to pushing them hard again.

100% agree these guys with some decent money spent on good experienced pros is definately the way to go. Best way to also begin to change the culture at the club.