PDA

View Full Version : Fenlons loans

King Paddy
21-05-2012, 07:42 PM
IMHO the loanees who Pat Fenlon brought in were of a very poor standard.
Docherty, Claros, Soares, kujabi, Doyle all lacked pace and looked unfit.
Remember he had a window of opportunity, but we only just avoided relegation.
Petrie needs to bring in a sergio type and open his wallet.

Eyrie
21-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Two of the "loanees" you refer to were actually permanent signings, and Doyle looks a decent player.

scott7_0(Prague)
21-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Kujabi and Doyle are permanent signings... And Claros is a long term loan which is as much a permanent deal in the length. So were stuck with these three for next xear.

Mikey

You really haven't got a clue, have you.

Sudds_1

why do we want to open sergios wallet? He's out of contract and unemployed now........nae dosh
:rolleyes:

lyonhibs
January is an absolutely awful time to try and improve any team, let alone the relegation doomed shysters he'd been left with by Coco the clown.

By in large (starting from a "if it's wasn't Hibs, it would be hilarious" starting point mind you) his January loanees improved the team, to varying degrees I'll admit.

Spending money we don't have, and never will have, is not the answer IMO. Not that I know what is mind you.

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
21-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Is Claros not out of contract at Xmas?

Saorsa
You really haven't got a clue, have you.:agree:

Pretty Boy
Kujabi and Doyle are permanent signings... And Claros is a long term loan which is as much a permanent deal in the length. So were stuck with these three for next xear.

Happy enough to keep Doyle, think there is something to.work with with him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Claros' loan cut short to be honest.

Kujabi is a trier, we need better though.

MyJo
:hilarious:

PeterboroHibee
21-05-2012, 07:47 PM
I disagree, theres not too much you can do in a January transfer window regarding bringing players in, let alone trying to do a rebuild. McPake was an inspired signing and Doherty has been very good imo (Saturday aside). Some of them have been poor like Soares and ROD, but you have to take what you can get (and even then they have chipped in with the odd goal).

Also, Doyle and Kujabi are our players.

thekaratekid
21-05-2012, 07:49 PM
:jamboclow

Saorsa
21-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Two of the "loanees" you refer to were actually permanent signings, and Doyle looks a decent player.:agree: and Doherty (nae idea who Docherty is either) was neither unfit nor rubbish, came across as a bit of an idiot though.

Mikey
21-05-2012, 07:50 PM
:agree:

No-where to be seen in the several weeks between beating Aberdeen and the final and all of a sudden we get his pearls of wisdom again.

Holmesdale Hibs
21-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Doherty, McPake and Griffiths have all been good. Doyle has looked ok.

Kujabi has been ok but nothing special. Claros, Soares, Farncomb, O'Donovan have been pretty average, probably below average in fact.

So half his signings, not all loans as has already been pointed out, have been ok. the other half have been disappointing but done what they were supposed to do - help us finish above Dunfermline.

Don't agree with your point. Sacking managers early hasn't worked the last however many times so don't see why it will work now.

jonty
21-05-2012, 07:59 PM
No-where to be seen in the several weeks between beating Aberdeen and the final and all of a sudden we get his pearls of wisdom again.

and he's not the only one.

Jim44
21-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Of all the players Fenlon has brought in, whether on loan or signed, Claros for me is the one who sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't know if he is finding it hard to fit into the Scottish game but I'm still waiting to see a bit of oomph from our pitbull. I know it might also be difficult for the guy to settle in so far from home but he really looks like a fish out of water:rolleyes:

King Paddy
21-05-2012, 08:10 PM

oh and you have Mikey? just stating the obvious IMHO. And their is no need
to get personal.

500miles
21-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Francomb, Kujabi and Doyle could be good players for us next season. I don't get the Kujabi hate, as I'm pretty sure Doherty - ********, but more highly rated as a player - gave away more goals than the wee man.

Doherty would have been a better player if he was more committed, but you only ever find that out once you've had them playing a while.

Claros was highly thought of and available. Might still make the grade, he's shown glimpses of an eye for a pass and technical ability, but he's no bruiser. Trying to play him as exposes him and the defense.

O'Donovan has pace and got a couple of goals, but is too easily bullied out of games.

Soares is capable but unmotivated.

The telling thing for me is that guys who made a "step down" to come to Hibs, are letting us down by playing every game like a friendly. We can't afford that.

Saorsa
21-05-2012, 08:13 PM
oh and you have Mikey? just stating the obvious IMHO. And their is no need
to get personal.obvious? there's at least 4 things in your post that are not obvious at all but simply wrong.

Ryan91
21-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Of all the players Fenlon has brought in, whether on loan or signed, Claros for me is the one who sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't know if he is finding it hard to fit into the Scottish game but I'm still waiting to see a bit of oomph from our pitbull. I know it might also be difficult for the guy to settle in so far from home but he really looks like a fish out of water:rolleyes:

Who knows we could see a much improved Claros next season, doing what we always hoped he would do. Maybe it's simply a case of time with regards to him settling, and maybe the summer will allow him to settle better.

Jamesie
21-05-2012, 08:17 PM

Dispatch him.

DH1875
21-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Happy enough to keep Doyle, think there is something to.work with with him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Claros' loan cut short to be honest.

Kujabi is a trier, we need better though.

Claros is going nowhere. Did we not pay a fee for the loan :confused:. Kujabi could maybes do a job but I'd look to play him left mid.

Captain Trips
21-05-2012, 08:35 PM
I agree with some of the OP but did anyone think this thread was about a new housing estate of 4/5 bedroom homes on the outskirts of the city?

Tyler Durden
21-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Francomb, Kujabi and Doyle could be good players for us next season. I don't get the Kujabi hate, as I'm pretty sure Doherty - ********, but more highly rated as a player - gave away more goals than the wee man.

Doherty would have been a better player if he was more committed, but you only ever find that out once you've had them playing a while.

Claros was highly thought of and available. Might still make the grade, he's shown glimpses of an eye for a pass and technical ability, but he's no bruiser. Trying to play him as exposes him and the defense.

O'Donovan has pace and got a couple of goals, but is too easily bullied out of games.

Soares is capable but unmotivated.

The telling thing for me is that guys who made a "step down" to come to Hibs, are letting us down by playing every game like a friendly. We can't afford that.

Agree with this.

It was unthinkable at the time but it's difficult to argue that Claros Soares and O'Donovan have done any better than Palsson, Thornhill and Sodje would have. We were told they were bad influences in the squad, but have their replacements really been any better?

The fact that Fenlon is quoted as saying that Doherty has a future bigger than Hibs really makes me question his judgement of both players ability and character.

Johnny Clash
21-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Sometimes I wonder just how keen some of these loan players are to come to Edinburgh and play for us.

Is it more likely their clubs want to shunt them in the hope they can return a better player having picked up some first team games and the player has absolutely no say in this?

Vaz Te was obviously a skillful player but didn't seem interested in turning it on when at Hibs... he's on fire now at West Ham.

Same goes for Tom Soares - an England under 21 internationalist and another who I think has talent but seems reluctant to put a shift in for us.
He plays as if he's been forced to come here against his will.
In January he said that he wanted to show Hibs fans what he's 'all about'. Well we're still waiting and he had the perfect platform at both the semi and Cup Final but did zilch!

I don't know how this all works but I think Paddy should lay down the law and tell all of them that the main reason they are here is to help Hibs become a better team.
If they are not interested or in the huff then they should leave and give some of the young team a chance to play for the jersey!

Jones28
21-05-2012, 10:26 PM

Proper signings :rolleyes:

Kujabi has been getting worse since his debut, what is it about Hibs players that this happens to?

Doyle however has getting better.

Sammy7nil
21-05-2012, 10:51 PM

Why so patronising ? If you disagree offer an alternative opinion.

Sammy7nil
21-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Dispatch him.

REALLY ? What is so wrong with his post if you disagree offer an alternative opinion.

muzzhfc
22-05-2012, 12:26 AM
i love our support. i really do. i reccon i could go to the docs tomorrow, be told i have 24 hours to live, come on here and feel more sorry for some people than they would of me.

as has previously been stated - january is NOT the time where every player and his dog is out of contract/available. loans and short term signings are the way forward for a quick fix for a relegation battle.
i dont think kujabi is a defender, more a left midfielder. after the final i said some things such as "i hope he never plays for us again" then felt bad for saying them when my emotions had calmed down.
doyle is a decent player (i stated this on another thread) and i think he just needs to adapt to the spl
claros - still adapting not just to the game, but to an entire different culture. give him until the start of the season and then see what kinda player he is. remember, he had trials with the huns and celtic so there must be a player in there.
doherty good player with bags of potential, but seems to be a bit of an idiot. lets hope he can stay clear of the riordan way.
griffiths - see above (remember, he was originally only here for 6 months)
francomb - didnt see too much of him so would be unfair to comment
soares - felt he could of done a job, but it didnt work out. it happens. still think he will do well down south
o'donnovan - scored a couple of goals thats about it.

as far as im concerned - these players helped us retain our premier league status and should be thanked accordingly.

Gez1875
22-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Two of the "loanees" you refer to were actually permanent signings, and Doyle looks a decent player.

i agree..... i think doyles got a footballing brain, his positional game is brilliant, remember he has done a full season in ireland had 7 weeks off and no pre season, they focused on beefing him up, and next year he'll get to show us what he's all about, i expect big things from him. the rest done the job.... also since january which i look upon as the start of fenlons career at hibs, we have almost had a 50% win record in the league, which in a full season would get u 3rd place.

HibeeDaz6270
22-05-2012, 12:42 AM
I hope we can tie up Mcpake and Griffiths. I would not like to see us spend any of our budget on any of the others. I know Kujabi was a permanent deal and stil has a year left i think, but i honestly hope he does not play for us again, certainly not at left black. I hope Booth is eventually given a chance under Fenlon. Kujabi is a weak link, and good side will use that to an advantage. With either high balls or simply by just using wide men and putting him under pressure. His positional sense for a left back is also terrible at times. We need to build from the back for next season, and i for one would be disapointed with him as one of our back four. We need a proper left back, someone like Murphy. If only we could have him back.

We need spend this summer. And for us to move forward we need a Goalkeeper, Mcpake / new centre half. Right back, Left back ( unless booth is given a chance ) Ball winning midfielder. at least one natural winger. another midfielder with a bit creativity ( Dean Shiels ) And a big striker for hopefully griffiths/Doyle to play off. I would hope hibs would let O'Connor move on and use his wages on someone else.

Its important we get the spine of the team right. A leader at the back in Mcpake and a ball winning midfielder is a must.

Gez1875
22-05-2012, 12:55 AM
i love our support. i really do. i reccon i could go to the docs tomorrow, be told i have 24 hours to live, come on here and feel more sorry for some people than they would of me.

as has previously been stated - january is NOT the time where every player and his dog is out of contract/available. loans and short term signings are the way forward for a quick fix for a relegation battle.
i dont think kujabi is a defender, more a left midfielder. after the final i said some things such as "i hope he never plays for us again" then felt bad for saying them when my emotions had calmed down.
doyle is a decent player (i stated this on another thread) and i think he just needs to adapt to the spl
claros - still adapting not just to the game, but to an entire different culture. give him until the start of the season and then see what kinda player he is. remember, he had trials with the huns and celtic so there must be a player in there.
doherty good player with bags of potential, but seems to be a bit of an idiot. lets hope he can stay clear of the riordan way.
griffiths - see above (remember, he was originally only here for 6 months)
francomb - didnt see too much of him so would be unfair to comment
soares - felt he could of done a job, but it didnt work out. it happens. still think he will do well down south
o'donnovan - scored a couple of goals thats about it.

as far as im concerned - these players helped us retain our premier league status and should be thanked accordingly.

exactly ma man. also claros has been away from his family and never seen his youngest child, because he came here, he also got shot in the head less than a year ago, i think all these things will have an effect on someone....its similar to the brian welsh situation he was getting stick from the support but he was training during the day, then spending all night at the hospital with his sick baby, then playing on a saturday afternoon then spendiing the night with his baby, he was never getting any sleep, and whats more he never used it as an excuse. docherty is only 19/20ish, soares IS A PLAYER who in my opinion is , i think that what ever it is thats stopping him from running and moving properly is gonna end his career early (i think its a groin issue) alot of people want to see francomb at right back but he is never a right back in his life, he looks so uncomfartable in that position, i remember when he came on in dunfermline they played him on the wing then he drifted into the middle and he started controlling and dictating our play, i know dunfermline where gash but we never got to c him in that role again. against decent opposition. from jan to the end of the season docherty was by far our best right back and kujabi was our best left back, i think he just wants to impress all the time, he attacks every ball (defensively speaking) someone needs to tell him to pick his moments especially when theres a whippet down his side, coz they will just over lap him all day long. callum booth needs to get his confidence sorted thats all thats wrong with him, and i blame calderwood for that, he used booth as his scapegoat on several occasions! it could be interesting seeing booth at left mid with kujabi behind him, or vice versa if they can sort booths defending out.

HibeeDaz6270
22-05-2012, 01:05 AM
exactly ma man. also claros has been away from his family and never seen his youngest child, because he came here, he also got shot in the head less than a year ago, i think all these things will have an effect on someone....its similar to the brian welsh situation he was getting stick from the support but he was training during the day, then spending all night at the hospital with his sick baby, then playing on a saturday afternoon then spendiing the night with his baby, he was never getting any sleep, and whats more he never used it as an excuse. docherty is only 19/20ish, soares IS A PLAYER who in my opinion is , i think that what ever it is thats stopping him from running and moving properly is gonna end his career early (i think its a groin issue) alot of people want to see francomb at right back but he is never a right back in his life, he looks so uncomfartable in that position, i remember when he came on in dunfermline they played him on the wing then he drifted into the middle and he started controlling and dictating our play, i know dunfermline where gash but we never got to c him in that role again. against decent opposition. from jan to the end of the season docherty was by far our best right back and kujabi was our best left back, i think he just wants to impress all the time, he attacks every ball (defensively speaking) someone needs to tell him to pick his moments especially when theres a whippet down his side, coz they will just over lap him all day long. callum booth needs to get his confidence sorted thats all thats wrong with him, and i blame calderwood for that, he used booth as his scapegoat on several occasions! it could be interesting seeing booth at left mid with kujabi behind him, or vice versa if they can sort booths defending out.

I think we would also need to sort out Kujabi's defending. I would have booth in at left back over Kujabi all day long. But i wouldnt have Kujabi in our team altogether. I would like to think he will be used as a squad player next season and nothing more. As if we are to be in the top 6 next season we need better.

Lucius Apuleius
22-05-2012, 05:19 AM
Why so patronising ? If you disagree offer an alternative opinion.

REALLY ? What is so wrong with his post if you disagree offer an alternative opinion.

Factual inaccuracies? If I could be really bothered I would take a look, but I would love someone to show me one good thing this guy has ever said about Hibs. There is doom and gloom, there is slagging off our team, and then there is KingPaddy (a name which by the way makes me cry when it used by someone so negative)

Gez1875
22-05-2012, 09:49 AM
I think we would also need to sort out Kujabi's defending. I would have booth in at left back over Kujabi all day long. But i wouldnt have Kujabi in our team altogether. I would like to think he will be used as a squad player next season and nothing more. As if we are to be in the top 6 next season we need better.

for me its just other over lapping while he's a bit to far up the pitch, and also he can be guilty of drifting over next to and even past paul hanlon, but these things can be sorted.

Mikey
22-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Dispatch him.

Unfortunately that's not the way we play the game. It's tempting though.

We live in hope that one day he'll check his facts before laying into the club.