PDA

View Full Version : Vaz Te

hibee1875
21-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Continuing with the whole 'there's something wrong within the core culture of the club' theme....

Whilst we were holding our heads in our hands at Hampden he fired West Ham back into the Premiership. How's that!?! He looked utter pish up here!

Do players see a stint at Hibs as a nice wee vacation to Edinburgh where you don't really have to do much???

hibbygraham
21-05-2012, 04:58 PM
I think that last sentence encapsulates our problems. We need to start signing players who see a move to Hibs as a step up, rather than a step down.

PeeJay
21-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Continuing with the whole 'there's something wrong within the core culture of the club' theme....

Whilst we were holding our heads in our hands at Hampden he fired West Ham back into the Premiership. How's that!?! He looked utter pish up here!

Do players see a stint at Hibs as a nice wee vacation to Edinburgh where you don't really have to do much???

Everytime I read this guy being mentioned as good player/class act I must admit I was amazed - because he certainly didn't seem to prove his value at ER - but by all accounts he has "come good" - they were absolutely raving about him on Radio 5 Live today after his performances this season in general and at the weekend in particular... makes you wonder...

WindyMiller
21-05-2012, 07:23 PM
I remember his "performance" up at Perth, he was p15h.

Pretty Boy
21-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Vaz Te always looked like he could be a player, even going back to his time at Bolton.

I genuinely thought he was destined for the 'what could have been.....' list.

Fair play to him for proving me wrong.

HFC 0-7
21-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Probably to do with the style we were playing. Pumping long balls up and down the field all day when a defender is right on you are your a good distance away from the goals is always difficult. We havent played through our midfield and pushed teams back putting nice passes in for our forwards. LUMP IT, seems to have been the preferred choice of tactics for quite some time.

Irish_Steve
21-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Hadn`t he been frozen out or something at his last club before us? He certainly looked off the pace and it takes a while to get this back. His period at Hibs was like a pre-season for him if you ask me.

WHUHibs
21-05-2012, 07:28 PM
I have seen him quite a few times this season with west ham and particularly at Barnsley he was outstanding. However, he plays well with quality players around him mainly mark Nobel, he is a hammer through and through , never stops, usually plays a role in supplying the forwards with quality passes,

The problem we have had for a long time after mowbrays team is no quality in the midfield who can pass or tackle, .....

Our problem is quality, one player doesn't make a team!

sesoim
21-05-2012, 07:54 PM
He looked like he could be a good player at Hibs, but as usual we had a rubbish manager who didn't know how to get the best out of our players.

Squealing pig
21-05-2012, 08:35 PM

exactly this. wait till you see soars go when he goes to bk down south.

basehibby
21-05-2012, 09:43 PM

Very few Hibs fans were prepared to give Vaz Te a chance IIRC - pretty much everyone I spoke to at the time was writting him off after half a dozen sub appearances. Calderwood evidently agreed and he was moved on at the end of the season.

Personally, I can't say I could have predicted his outstanding success down south but I certainly saw some skill and potential there - that wasn't the case for many of my fellow supporters though. Conclusion - too many of us are "glass half empty" in our attitude - is this what supporting Hibs does to you?!?

On the wider "something wrong" topic, talented or not, I don't think that Vaz Te would have been the solution to our problems - he came accross as yer typical talented airhead - what we need are professional guys with good character of which McPake is a good example that can be a guiding light in the dressing room.