PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths returns to Wolves(but may be back)

silverhibee
21-05-2012, 04:39 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/scottish-cup-final-leigh-griffiths-heads-back-to-wolves-but-may-return-1-2307952

silverhibee
21-05-2012, 04:43 PM
And didn't think the ref had the best of games either.

No doubt the compliance officer will find something in there to hall him up for another ban.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/102322-leigh-griffiths-rages-at-stupid-penalty-decision-in-scottish-cup-final/

R'Albin
21-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Aside from the part where he says they're a great club I totally agree with him.

Have a feeling that he will be back with us next year, he's not good enough for the championship yet.

DH1875
21-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Would love to see him back but don't think it will happen. Wolves will be gutting their cloth and the like of Fletch will be offski. Their new manager won't be doing their job right if they don't at least look at Griffiths preseason. He'll do well in the championship.

bingo70
21-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Aside from the part where he says they're a great club I totally agree with him.

Have a feeling that he will be back with us next year, he's not good enough for the championship yet.

The championship isn't that great, don't believe the hype.

I hope he doesn't come back, never rated him throughout the season, started to prove me wrong over the last month or so but he seems like an absolute fanny and I can't be bothered with another season of billy big ball players that really aren't that good.

Let's get some good proper professionals in that can play a bit as well instead of folk that might come good but are more hassle than they're worth.

R'Albin
21-05-2012, 04:55 PM

I hope he doesn't come back, never rated him throughout the season, started to prove me wrong over the last month or so but he seems like an absolute fanny and I can't be bothered with another season of billy big ball players that really aren't that good.

Let's get some good proper professionals in that can play a bit as well instead of folk that might come good but are more hassle than they're worth.

It isn't that great, but it's a hell of a lot better than the SPL is at the moment.

Griffiths may be a bit of a fanny at times, but he's an extremely talented player, who puts in a 100% for us every time he is on. With good service and a good strike partner he could score bucketloads for us. Also he is relatively versitile(sp) as he can also play in midfield as well.

PISTOL1875
21-05-2012, 05:02 PM
If we can get Griffiths back at ER next season that would be great. As the previous poster stated , he is a bit of a fanny at times but he is the type of player we need..

Works hard , good player and he loves the club..

bingo70
21-05-2012, 05:02 PM
It isn't that great, but it's a hell of a lot better than the SPL is at the moment.

Griffiths may be a bit of a fanny at times, but he's an extremely talented player, who puts in a 100% for us every time he is on. With good service and a good strike partner he could score bucketloads for us. Also he is relatively versitile(sp) as he can also play in midfield as well.

We need to change the culture of the club so trying hard when he's on isn't good enough, he needs to be professional all the time and I'm not convinced.

Just don't think he's good enough to warrant the hassle or the risk, I got annoyed when we sold stokes because if his attitude but Griffiths isn't in the same league as stokes, Griffiths would be extremely easy to replace with someone who would carry less baggage.

Viking
21-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Griffiths may be going back to wolves but how he was ever there in the first place surprises me! He is never premier league material! Seems to struggle in the SPL!!

Fletcher, I believe is good enough for the EPl and has proved it this year with goals, put him in a better team and he'll score even more goals. Griffiths struggled to score goals in the SPl which is, at this moment in time an embarrassment!!!

Reaper
21-05-2012, 05:04 PM
I hope he goes to the championship and does well down there. After Saturday, I'm not overly fussed if I never see any of that team in a Hibs shirt again. The club needs a complete overhaul and keeping players from an old regime won't help us towards that. I'd prefer none of the players to stay but if Griffiths and McPake ended up coming back then fair enough but Griffiths especially will have to change his whole attitude and grow up a wee bit IMHO or he's heading the same way a Riordan and GOC.

silverhibee
21-05-2012, 05:21 PM

Take it the manager knows this as that is where he should have started the game on Saturday, in the midfield.

stanton10
21-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Take it the manager knows this as that is where he should have started the game on Saturday, in the midfield.
Never amidfield player in a million years ,out and out striker.

Wotherspiniesta
21-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Griffiths has done great for us IMO. Feeding off scraps all season, missed a few games through his own stupidity but still has a pretty healthy goal return.

He works hard, can beat a man and has a decent turn of pace aswell.

Hopefully he comes back next season and we get someone to pass him the ball from midfield.

:giruy:

bingo70
21-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Griffiths has done great for us IMO. Feeding off scraps all season, missed a few games through his own stupidity but still has a pretty healthy goal return.

He works hard, can beat a man and has a decent turn of pace aswell.

Hopefully he comes back next season and we get someone to pass him the ball from midfield.

:giruy:

How many did he score? That's not a loaded question btw I genuinely don't know but I remember being frustrated when he went from about December to February and hardly scored.

truehibernian
21-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Great player who Hibs should make it a priority signing. Could definitely benefit from a Jon Daly type striker, by that I mean in temperament/leadership, much like the McPake effect on Hanlon.

007 Mickey Weir
21-05-2012, 05:38 PM
He is young and has a desire to do well at Hibs. He has made mistakes but has learned by them and really screwed the nut since the turn of the year.

Griffiths and McPake after must signings for us.

Wotherspiniesta
21-05-2012, 05:41 PM
How many did he score? That's not a loaded question btw I genuinely don't know but I remember being frustrated when he went from about December to February and hardly scored.

Scored 11 goals in 30 games.

No a bad return considering he's had to make most goals from nothing.

snooky
21-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Great player who Hibs should make it a priority signing. Could definitely benefit from a Jon Daly type striker, by that I mean in temperament/leadership, much like the McPake effect on Hanlon.

:agree:
Big man/wee man.
A-la Gordon/O'Rourke, Toshack/Keegan, etc.
Works a treat.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 05:46 PM

Exactly.

Give the lad a midfield and he could quite easily be a 20+ a season striker.

He needs to work on his temperment, but I don't think he's all that bad. I'd say his temper on the field comes more from being passionate than being a wee fanny as some people put it.

bingo70
21-05-2012, 05:48 PM

Don't disagree with you, that is a decent return.

If he does stay I won't be devistated but I hope we don't spend too much time or money trying to get him.

Del Boy
21-05-2012, 05:50 PM
He's done ok, but because he is such a tool I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

Jon Daly would be a good signing but he would not come cheaply.

Hibernia Na Eir
21-05-2012, 06:04 PM

we were just saying on Saturday, if the likes of Soares, Francombe etc are sitting on the benches at Englands top flight clubs then surely the standard ain't as good as what we are led to believe.