PDA

View Full Version : Hibs - easy touch

stalbanshibby
21-05-2012, 04:18 PM
CC apparently said after he left that Hibs were as soft as *****. PF said the same thing after Saturday - endemic softness and easy touch - lack of workrate. I read somewhere that he was looking for a Vinnie Jones type tackle on Kevin McMahon when Wimbledon won the FA cup, to let the Jambos know they were in a game. Never happened. JC found out the same thing - tried to bring in 'modern' ideas in terms of diet and fitness during his reign, and the wee lambs all went running of to Rodders because he was making them work too hard.

Yogi tried the 'don't you know what it means to play for this club' approach and got nowhere in the end after the initial enthusiasm tailed off.

So how do we get that desire and spirit back? What's happened to our club? Is it because it's all money based now and there's no such thing as identifying with a shirt (with one or two exceptions)? And if it is, what's to be done? ST Mirren and Killie and ST Johnstone all produce decent team based football on their day, on a smaller budget, but we scratch around with a bunch of journeymen who all think they're better than they are, and who apparently don't give a toss about the shirt (I include O'connor in that if he was out on the lash on Saturday). Where's the pride? Have Hibs become a bit of a joke in pro football circles, because if they have it's at our expense, and I wouldn't mind knowing how it can be fixed?

Don't get me wrong: I'm as diehard as anyone - I'm just looking for a few answers - someone to hit the nail on the head about what the true problem is down ER way.

Saturday was as bad as it gets: Massive hype and expectation; zero delivery. I felt completely ripped off afterwards.

Just got back from Edinburgh to London, so apologies if there's been similar threads.

:confused:

snooky
21-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Can't remember where I heard it, but I was told some time ago that Yogi wanted to discipline Stokes for a misdemeanour but The Tache over ruled it saying he didn't want another players revolt.

If true, there's your yellowbelly and also proof that the clandestine meeting was the start of our decline.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 04:27 PM
You've more or less answered your own question.

Except its not just lack of workrate, its lack of everything.

Lack of determination
Lack of passion
Lack of belief
Lack of pride
Lack of hunger
Lack of desire

You name it..... we don't have it.

We've chopped and changed players and managers at such a ridiculous rate, that almost nobody has been around long enough to develop a deep enough bond with the club. Therefore we have nobody playing with any heart, or any pride.

We've officially become the ultimate "resting" club, where players can take a break from their careers and kick back and relax at Easter Road without any care in the world.

SneakersO'Toole
21-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Why don't you write to the board and ask they questions (which are relevant btw)?

You'll get answers on this board but its not the board you want to be hearing from if that makes sense.

Onceinawhile
21-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Calderwood said that while still with us just it came out afterwards. He did 0 to rectify it.

Billy Whizz
21-05-2012, 04:30 PM
He did buy a fighter - Jimmy Scott

stalbanshibby
21-05-2012, 04:30 PM

Lack of determination
Lack of passion
Lack of belief
Lack of pride
Lack of hunger
Lack of desire

We've chopped and changed players and managers at such a ridiculous rate, that almost nobody has been around long enough to develop a deep enough bond with the club. Therefore we have nobody playing with any heart, or any pride.

We've officially become the ultimate "resting" club, where players can take a break from their careers and kick back and relax at Easter Road without any care in the world.

Good shout mate. Sums it up for me.

Mickey Weir's article in the EEN gets some way to the truth too (just read it). If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

deeks01
21-05-2012, 04:32 PM
The attitude of the players completely baffles me , it's been getting gradually worse with each manager and fresh batch of players since JC left. Is there some sort of big neon sign in professional football circles telling players who are lazy and don't really give a f*** about winning that they can go to hibs then train and play half heartedly then go up the town for a drink and a laugh with other like minded players while still getting paid a good wage? It certainly looks that way because almost every player since JC has done this to a degree and it's getting gradually worse to the extent that we played possibly the biggest match in our history and 10 of the players barely mustered more than a casual jog around the park for 80 of the 90 minutes. Signing a load of journeymen with over inflated ego's probably hasn't helped and our transfer policy has to change but where is this attitude coming from? Why are every group of new players taking on this attitude? I don't understand it at all.

PapillonVert
21-05-2012, 04:44 PM

Lack of determination
Lack of passion
Lack of belief
Lack of pride
Lack of hunger
Lack of desire

Lack of ability
Lack of basic grasp of technique
Lack of professionalism
Lack of willingness to change
Lack of concern
Lack of courage
Lack of shame
Lack of desire to learn and improve
Lack of respect (for Club, Manager, Board, Fans)
Lack of self-respect
Lack of awareness

I am sure others can think of more.

Answer: a complete root and branch reform, top to bottom. If Fenlon says, get rid of, Petrie asks: how many, Pat?

Board MUST trust and support manager to the hilt and make it crystal clear to players that neither Rod nor any of the Board will UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES entertain requests for any type of meeting. If the players don't like the Manager's regime, then tough. Shape up or ship out. Simples.

Hermit Crab
21-05-2012, 05:06 PM

Mickey Weir's article in the EEN gets some way to the truth too (just read it). If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Correct that's what Hibs have been doing for years now

GreenArmy1875
21-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Said it a few times that something seriously stinks at the club. How many times do we hear about players getting in trouble with police, bouncers etc but back in the team the following week? Think the club needs to change at the top starting with Petrie, it goes back to the John Collins player revolt when the players turned up at his door he should of showed them straight back out. We will never change until we get a chairman to back our managers in situations like this. What does this show the younger players at the club that clubbing till 3am after a defeat is acceptable or moaning to the chairman if you do not like working hard. We are in for a tough ride again for years until something is done about it. Petrie will probably come out say we will back the manager and he will be given funds and makes us all happy for a couple of months until we buy season tickets then we will end up in a relegation battle yet again. Hope im wrong but i know a few others agree.

:confused:

stalbanshibby
21-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Malaise seems to have kicked in round about then. East Mains opening and Rodders secret meeting happened around the same time.

Since East Mains - we've been crap. The players get pretty cossetted: paid loads to kick a ball around then off into the gym and a wee soak in the hot tub and sauna. Who wouldn't want that, especially if they're not having to work hard during so called training?

So our 10K ST holders money goes towards given them a pretty good lifestyle - probably the best outside the OF - nothing too stretching training wise then out on the town and a few bevvies after. And the payback (to their paymasters) i.e. us - sod all. They're not even using their time at ER to showcase their talents: they don't seem to be bothered.

PFs a midget; Billy Brown's as bad - I don't see either of them instilling much fear at training. In any case, it's a sad day when you have to resort to fear to get the best out your staff, but none of them seem to have any pride for themselves or the jersey. "Aye - come to Hibs - trainings a doddle, facilities are good, and the pubs in Edinburgh are great".

We get untried managers/ second rate players / no youth development to the first team because we can't risk them because we're always up against a relegation battle. And yet for love of the club, and in hope rather than expectation, we keep perpetuating this by buying STs - which is effectively trusting that regime to entertain on A Saturday afternoon - at a minimum to show some passion and desire. I was disgusted by what I saw at Hampden. Utterly disgusted

GOC out on Saturday night has really got my goat too. "Hibs are my club" - bollocks.

If one good thing comes from Saturday, it has to be deep rooted change. And a few true hardmen around the place to sort that bunch of tossers out.

The_Todd
21-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Malaise seems to have kicked in round about then. East Mains opening and Rodders secret meeting happened around the same time.

Since East Mains - we've been crap. The players get pretty cossetted: paid loads to kick a ball around then off into the gym and a wee soak in the hot tub and sauna. Who wouldn't want that, especially if they're not having to work hard during so called training?

So our 10K ST holders money goes towards given them a pretty good lifestyle - probably the best outside the OF - nothing too stretching training wise then out on the town and a few bevvies after. And the payback (to their paymasters) i.e. us - sod all. They're not even using their time at ER to showcase their talents: they don't seem to be bothered.

PFs a midget; Billy Brown's as bad - I don't see either of them instilling much fear at training. In any case, it's a sad day when you have to resort to fear to get the best out your staff, but none of them seem to have any pride for themselves or the jersey. "Aye - come to Hibs - trainings a doddle, facilities are good, and the pubs in Edinburgh are great".

We get untried managers/ second rate players / no youth development to the first team because we can't risk them because we're always up against a relegation battle. And yet for love of the club, and in hope rather than expectation, we keep perpetuating this by buying STs - which is effectively trusting that regime to entertain on A Saturday afternoon - at a minimum to show some passion and desire. I was disgusted by what I saw at Hampden. Utterly disgusted

GOC out on Saturday night has really got my goat too. "Hibs are my club" - bollocks.

If one good thing comes from Saturday, it has to be deep rooted change. And a few true hardmen around the place to sort that bunch of tossers out.

Our manager's too short? I think I've heard all the excuses for our decline now.

calumb
21-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Our manager's too short? I think I've heard all the excuses for our decline now.

Thats it nail has been hit on the head the managers a midget, cant believe its taken us so long to identify the real problem. There was me thinking it was the crap players we have signed for years

Danderhall Hibs
21-05-2012, 06:41 PM
If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

How do St Johnstone, Motherwell, Dundee United manage then? They pay less than us...

lord bunberry
21-05-2012, 06:55 PM

Maybe if he wore a pair of heels he would command more respect in the dressing room

stalbanshibby
21-05-2012, 07:09 PM
How do St Johnstone, Motherwell, Dundee United manage then? They pay less than us...

'cos we like to come across as being 'one of the biggest clubs in Scotland', 'state of the art facilities', come and strut your stuff playing silky football 'the Hibs way' pretentious and arrogant nonsense; whereas these teams get down and dirty and build team spirit, respect their manager and are there for each other. Oh aye and they've got one or two no bad players too.

One Day Soon
21-05-2012, 07:12 PM

**** off Danderhall, they all employ taller managers than us and you know it.

stalbanshibby
21-05-2012, 07:17 PM
**** off Danderhall, they all employ taller managers than us and you know it.

is mccall taller than fenlon? that's it!!!

If only the team was as sharp as you lot.

cabbageandribs1875
21-05-2012, 07:18 PM

then the monkeys should have more self-pride and show some professionalism then, they are fully aware of what wage is on offer, if they think the money on offer is derisory then they should have more pride in themselves and politely turn the offer down

One Day Soon
21-05-2012, 07:19 PM
is mccall taller than fenlon? that's it!!!

If only the team was as sharp as you lot.

Oh dear, whooooooosh!!!!!!!

stalbanshibby
22-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Oh dear, whooooooosh!!!!!!!

Oh aye. Whooooshh. Right enough.

Littlest Hobo
22-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Can't remember where I heard it, but I was told some time ago that Yogi wanted to discipline Stokes for a misdemeanour but The Tache over ruled it saying he didn't want another players revolt.

If true, there's your yellowbelly and also proof that the clandestine meeting was the start of our decline.

Not according to some on here, it was all JC's making and he walked away because he's a quitter.

I know, utter ****ing nonsense. I think we all know where the real problems lay. Except a few on here!

BarneyK
22-05-2012, 02:01 PM

Except that chucking money at it guarantees nothing. You would be unhappy with a 3rd place finish and a crack at the Champions League? Those Fir Park monkeys have done not too badly.

CorrieHibs
22-05-2012, 02:31 PM
The problem clearly lyes with the board. The players are spoilt brats with no ambition. They like getting paid good wages, training in morning then doing nothing in the afternoon. They turn up on a Saturday not giving a toss. The only thing they turn up for is shanghai or wherever they go on george street.

JC tried to install ambition and professionalism within the club and players and they revolted against him. If RP is happy just to scrape on by, avoiding relegation and making sure the balance sheets are good then what kind of message does that send to the players.

Its our responsibility to get Petrie and the board out. We need to use fan power. We want changes and it needs to start now.

We're becoming a joke of a football club. We shouldn't be in this position. I'm not saying we should be challenging for the SPL but we are better than 11th and a 5-1 hammering. We should be aiming for at least 3rd/4th place finishes anything less is seen as failure and shouldn't be tolerated.