PDA

View Full Version : Best Quote of the Day

Viking
21-05-2012, 04:00 PM
best quote of the day on sat goes to my mate! As we were all gutted on the bus home and talking bout where it went wrong he came out with:

"I'd rather be a losing hibby than a winning jambo"

Although it didn't make the result or day any better I thought that he hit the nail on the head! We all made a decision in our younger years to follow the cabbage and I wouldn't change that for anything to be one o them!!

Glory, Glory

SRHibs
21-05-2012, 04:11 PM
best quote of the day on sat goes to my mate! As we were all gutted on the bus home and talking bout where it went wrong he came out with:

Although it didn't make the result or day any better I thought that he hit the nail on the head! We all made a decision in our younger years to follow the cabbage and I wouldn't change that for anything to be one o them!!

Glory, Glory

I actually questioned my logic in supporting Hibs right as I walked out of Hampden, 65 minutes after kick-off. Still haven't come up with anything rational as to why there's actually a point in supporting this football club - first to wear the green/play in Europe/have a scoreboard etc. aren't exactly anything to write home about. I mean, there's never any ****ing happiness. We literally pay money each weekend to feed our own depression. A bit melodramatic? I don't know. Maybe I'll be met with 'LTYF' after the following comment, but sometimes - only sometimes - I wish that my father had supported a winning team. Was massively jealous of the Jambos on Saturday afternoon, and am finding it hard to be positive about anything Hibs at the moment. One thing's for sure though, the only way is up from here, as it sure as hell can't get any worse!

GGTTH

Jamesie
21-05-2012, 05:19 PM
In supporting Hibs you sign up to an ethos and culture rather than just a football team. We'll always be the bohemian team; Hearts will always be the square peg team; the anti-establishment v establishment; the Leith v Gorgie; the cultured v basic.

Looking wider contemporary society - the arts, music, film - and you'll find far more links to prominent Hibs supporters than you'll ever find to Hearts.

Yes, this makes no difference to Saturday's result, but for the reasons set out above in the grand scheme of things I'd much rather be a losing Hibby than a winning Jambo any day of the week. :aok:

N.Wales Hibby
21-05-2012, 05:30 PM
In supporting Hibs you sign up to an ethos and culture rather than just a football team. We'll always be the bohemian team; Hearts will always be the square peg team; the anti-establishment v establishment; the Leith v Gorgie; the cultured v basic.

Looking wider contemporary society - the arts, music, film - and you'll find far more links to prominent Hibs supporters than you'll ever find to Hearts.

Yes, this makes no difference to Saturday's result, but for the reasons set out above in the grand scheme of things I'd much rather be a losing Hibby than a winning Jambo any day of the week. :aok:

:agree:

stanton10
21-05-2012, 05:31 PM
i actually questioned my logic in supporting hibs right as i walked out of hampden, 65 minutes after kick-off. Still haven't come up with anything rational as to why there's actually a point in supporting this football club - first to wear the green/play in europe/have a scoreboard etc. Aren't exactly anything to write home about. I mean, there's never any ****ing happiness. We literally pay money each weekend to feed our own depression. A bit melodramatic? I don't know. Maybe i'll be met with 'ltyf' after the following comment, but sometimes - only sometimes - i wish that my father had supported a winning team. Was massively jealous of the jambos on saturday afternoon, and am finding it hard to be positive about anything hibs at the moment. One thing's for sure though, the only way is up from here, as it sure as hell can't get any worse!

Ggtth
c
could not agree more ,well posted,

Holmesdale Hibs
21-05-2012, 05:35 PM

Glory, Glory

You mean you wouldn't want to be a winner like that jambo with the rather cool looking tattoo? I don't understand, why not?

To be fair, most genuine jambos I know have been alright. It's only the 'facebook jambos' that do my head in, most of which haven't been to a game in their lives.

muzzhfc
21-05-2012, 06:17 PM
ive been off the past 3 days. not looking forward to returning tomorrow. luckily we have a busy couple of days a head and hopefully i have an interview to help take my mind off things. I have applied to be the new Hibs manager, as too many on here seems to think they could do a better job than PF

silverhibee
21-05-2012, 07:51 PM
I actually questioned my logic in supporting Hibs right as I walked out of Hampden, 65 minutes after kick-off. Still haven't come up with anything rational as to why there's actually a point in supporting this football club - first to wear the green/play in Europe/have a scoreboard etc. aren't exactly anything to write home about. I mean, there's never any ****ing happiness. We literally pay money each weekend to feed our own depression. A bit melodramatic? I don't know. Maybe I'll be met with 'LTYF' after the following comment, but sometimes - only sometimes - I wish that my father had supported a winning team. Was massively jealous of the Jambos on Saturday afternoon, and am finding it hard to be positive about anything Hibs at the moment. One thing's for sure though, the only way is up from here, as it sure as hell can't get any worse!

GGTTH

Lets hope not.

But it could you know.

leithman
21-05-2012, 08:09 PM
The reason I'm a hibby?

I enjoy watching most other great football teams but they are not my team.
Most games I go to I take a now 70 odd year old scarf passed onto me when my great uncle died (he was effectively my grandad)

Although relatives tried to mold me into a tim, I was born a hibby.
I have always lived in the shadow of the ground and I hate maroon.

I think I am a natural manic depressant as I fear are many Hibbys.
But after all the kicks in the balls, how good do the great times feel.

I was at the 7-0 and no matter what happens in derby games, no matter how many 5-1's we have to endure, I know that they still suffer more because of that result. It riles them to the core of their existence and long may it do so.

We were first in Europe. We were European semi finalists. Remember what scalps we have taken over the years.
And most of all, after Saturday I am proud to be a member of the Hibee Family.

The team will get better again, we'll get to more finals and on a level playing field we will compete against the western twins.

Hibby till I die

Sudds_1
21-05-2012, 08:17 PM
The reason I'm a hibby?

Most games I go to I take a now 70 odd year old scarf passed onto me when my great uncle died (he was effectively my grandad)

I was at the 7-0 and no matter what happens in derby games, no matter how many 5-1's we have to endure, I know that they still suffer more because of that result. It riles them to the core of their existence and long may it do so.

We were first in Europe. We were European semi finalists. Remember what scalps we have taken over the years.

The team will get better again, we'll get to more finals and on a level playing field we will compete against the western twins.

Hibby till I die

sums it up for me....................

SRHibs
21-05-2012, 08:23 PM
How anyone can still cling onto the 0-7 result after that is beyond me.

snooky
21-05-2012, 08:24 PM
The reason I'm a hibby?

Hibby till I die

"Hi-bee, therefore I am" - Rene Descartes

scott7_0(Prague)
21-05-2012, 08:26 PM
How anyone can still cling onto the 0-7 result after that is beyond me.

Jup... It's all we have now and counts for **** all in reality.

leithman
21-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Jup... It's all we have now and counts for **** all in reality.

If reality devalues the 7-0, what does the 5-1 mean when no-one disputes the fact that we did not field a team on saturday?
If they had beaten a semi good hibs team, then they would have real reason for pride,but perhaps the reason they are not hammering us is they they know the victory was devalued with only one team on the park.

scott7_0(Prague)
21-05-2012, 09:06 PM
If reality devalues the 7-0, what does the 5-1 mean when no-one disputes the fact that we did not field a team on saturday?
If they had beaten a semi good hibs team, then they would have real reason for pride,but perhaps the reason they are not hammering us is they they know the victory was devalued with only one team on the park.

Fella,it was the Scottish Cup Final, it was the biggest derby ever for Hibs, it had the biggest prize in 111years for Hibs, the hammered us... What part of that don't people get. 0.7 was and has been our only real bragging rights but it holds none or very little credibility now.

scuttle
21-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Best qoute of the day had to be the older guy behind us. When the scoreboard flashed at halftime that someone had asked i think her name was Laura Hainey or something to marry him. It wasnt until the Yams were 4-1 up that the noticeboard flashed up that she had said yes.The older guy piped up with " too f****** late hen hes topped himself ". I thought it was a funny moment on a dark day

snooky
21-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Fella,it was the Scottish Cup Final, it was the biggest derby ever for Hibs, it had the biggest prize in 111years for Hibs, the hammered us... What part of that don't people get. 0.7 was and has been our only real bragging rights but it holds none or very little credibility now.

What's the big deal? We've already won the SC - twice!
Been there, done it.
Let's move on and go for European Championship or something else we haven't won. :greengrin
:stirrer:

leithman
21-05-2012, 09:50 PM

Don't think for one minute that I don't feel crap about Saturday. And I'm not going to get into a tennis match about this with another hurt Hibby or even a squad of you.

I was desperate for a ticket and only got one at 11pm on Friday night.
I can't help the reasons for me not qualifying for a ticket otherwise.

It was the biggest match, never mind derby, for me and probably the other 22k Hibbys at the game and the countless thousands who were not there.
(maybe not for the few who tried to rip people off with tickets)
But it was obviously not the biggest, most important game for those representing the team I love.
Actually that gives the yams more credit than they are due. The Leeds United game was the biggest game I've been at.

I can't help how I view this.

I and many other Hibbys will take the fact that we did not win the Scottish Cup on Saturday on the chin and will move on.

I don't live in the past, but please don't devalue the history of our club.

Its the history that makes us who we are and keeps us going through the tough times.
Every 20'ish years we produce teams worthy of Legend status. History proves that. I hope that in 40 years you will be able to look back and see how the pattern has continued. It will be great if it becomes more frequent.

I was not looking forward to going out today and facing the ribbing.
But, I saw and heard today that they know that the game will not become folklore because it was not a contest.
OK they won the scottish cup, but Gretna gave them a better game than we did.

At the time when I was at the 7-0 game, I did not realise what importance that game would gain, but the simple fact is that a very good Hibs team beat a very good Hearts team 7-0 in their house.

Im afraid we will have to agree to differ. I've put my arguments forward and listened to yours. If you answer this, I will read your reply.
But I'm not into infighting.

Let other clubs rip themselves apart.

GGTTH

leithman
21-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Best qoute of the day had to be the older guy behind us. When the scoreboard flashed at halftime that someone had asked i think her name was Laura Hainey or something to marry him. It wasnt until the Yams were 4-1 up that the noticeboard flashed up that she had said yes.The older guy piped up with " too f****** late hen hes topped himself ". I thought it was a funny moment on a dark day

priceless

:greengrin

Sammy7nil
21-05-2012, 10:35 PM
I and many other Hibbys will take the fact that we did not win the Scottish Cup on Saturday on the chin and will move on.

I don't live in the past, but please don't devalue the history of our club.

Its the history that makes us who we are and keeps us going through the tough times.

GGTTH

Is that not a contradiction?
History will show no matter who wore the green in this final Hibs got trashed in the biggest derby ever,
0 - 7 pales into insignificance

FitbaFolkKen
21-05-2012, 10:52 PM
7-0 was a different era.... I can't see any Jambo going "damn he got me" after I reel out the line "well, this one time, we beat you 7-0".

If all we have to hold on to is a win from almost 40 years ago, what does that tell you?

We have a proud history, rather than using it to justify why we are better than them when we currently are miles behind on the park, we should be using it to set a standard. The current showings are an offence to that history and do not do the club justice.:grr:

LeithBoozy
22-05-2012, 12:10 AM
The jambo's will never live the 0-7 game down as it is their record home defeat. That is why it hurts them so much, the only way to get rid of it, is to lose 0-8 to some team. :wink:

HibbingtonHibs
22-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Both games carry equal bragging rights IMO. 7-0 is devalued in that more than half our current fans werent even born when it happened. Face facts, 7-0 lost a lot of its gloss on Saturday.