PDA

View Full Version : Pat Fenlon charged by SFA following Hampden cup final gesture

H18sry
21-05-2012, 03:59 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/102547-pat-fenlon-charged-by-sfa-following-hampden-cup-final-gesture/

Has Suso the Spanish waiter been charged with diving, or Craig Thomson been charged with impersonating a referee and brining the game into disrepute? :rolleyes:

Stantons Angel
21-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Well its official now, they have charged him with misconduct and nothing has been said about the referee they appointed?

bloody disgrace!

snooky
21-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Well its official now, they have charged him with misconduct and nothing has been said about the referee they appointed?

bloody disgrace!

Emmm, the lunatics have been running the asylum for years. :coffee:

Saorsa
21-05-2012, 04:13 PM
The **** that should be getting chargred is that ******* thomson

Sir David Gray
21-05-2012, 04:13 PM
I presume that they'll be following up that announcement with one stating that Suso Santana will be getting charged with diving for their penalty.

*tongue firmly in cheek smiley*

matty_f
21-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Fenlon can have no complaints about the charge, but like everyone else we should expect to see Susan brought to task for the dive, and Thomson criticised for his blatant cheating.

Saorsa
21-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Fenlon can have no complaints about the charge, but like everyone else we should expect to see Susan brought to task for the dive, and Thomson criticised for his blatant cheating.I dinnae expect tae see that at all.

Kato
21-05-2012, 04:19 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/102547-pat-fenlon-charged-by-sfa-following-hampden-cup-final-gesture/

Has Suso the Spanish waiter been charged with diving, or Craig Thomson been charged with impersonating a referee and brining the game into disrepute? :rolleyes:

I will be surprised if anyone was surprised.

Nothing will happen retrospectively regards Thomson brazen bias, Pinhead's dive or Black's assault on Griffiths. Nothing.

Pretty Boy
21-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Fenlon can have no complaints about the charge, but like everyone else we should expect to see Susan brought to task for the dive, and Thomson criticised for his blatant cheating.

Not surprised at all sadly.

The SFA has been corrupt to its very core for years. Thomson is just another one of the funny handshake and rolled up trouser leg brigade.

TornadoHibby
21-05-2012, 04:30 PM

That would only have happened had there been an effect on the result of the game rather than the score as it was on Saturday! :rolleyes:

The Black assault on Griffiths around 10 minutes into the game which went unpunished by Thomson when it should have been a red card for Black and the "Penalty that never was" must be placed on Thomson's record officially if this poor decision making (or cheating) on his part is to be eradicated! That must mean that the SFA must get involved but they won't as per the previous paragraph! :confused:

Santana should get brought to task for deliberately clicking his own heels (outside the box too!) so that it looked like he had been brought down by Kujabi when he actually hadn't! :agree:

H18sry
21-05-2012, 04:34 PM
That would only have happened had there been an effect on the result of the game rather than the score as it was on Saturday! :rolleyes:

The Black assault on Griffiths around 10 minutes into the game which went unpunished by Thomson when it should have been a red card for Black and the "Penalty that never was" must be placed on Thomson's record officially if this poor decision making (or cheating) on his part is to be eradicated! That must mean that the SFA must get involved but they won't as per the previous paragraph! :confused:

Santana should get brought to task for deliberately clicking his own heels (outside the box too!) so that it looked like he had been brought down by Kujabi when he actually hadn't! :agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NnyKGHNT7lE

Gez1875
21-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Not surprised at all sadly.

The SFA has been corrupt to its very core for years. Thomson is just another one of the funny handshake and rolled up trouser leg brigade.

exactly mate, this is what i was getting at in another thread, its all about what clubs you go to and how u shake hands, i know we where awful but if black was sent off in the 9th minute when he should have been, then it would have been a different game, and i think fenlon figured out how to stop it just before we scored but after half time thomson cheated again effectively ending the game.
another thing is how come the bbc always highlight and put into slow motion every time someone at hibs gestures, or dives or cheats of any kind, they don't show this enthusiasm with editing there programme when it comes to other clubs, do they! but this is probably something to do with the t*t out trouser leg mob tae!

BEEJ
21-05-2012, 04:39 PM
The SFA don't waste any time getting to the very core of the issues, do they?

Sylar
21-05-2012, 04:51 PM
There were a few questionable decisions and the penalty was indeed one of them, but not because Santana dived. Outside the box? Yes. Down a little too easy? Possibly, but Kujabi had a full fist of Suso's shirt and it was a clear foul.

Sometimes the blinkers on here are quite unbelievable.

Kato
21-05-2012, 04:53 PM
There were a few questionable decisions and the penalty was indeed one of them, but not because Santana dived. Outside the box? Yes. Down a little too easy? Possibly, but Kujabi had a full fist of Suso's shirt and it was a clear foul.

No one has denied there was shirt pulling.

Beefster
21-05-2012, 04:58 PM

You're kidding yourself if you think that Santana didn't dive. It's not just Hibs fans that are blinkered about it, this is a DR journalist's view......

"Which makes Santana’s shameful act of cheating even more galling because Hearts wouldn’t have needed it to extend their arch-rivals’ Scottish Cup heartache to 111 years and counting.
But dive he did, and at a key stage of the game at 2-1 when the Hibees still had a chance of making a fist of this Final.
So not only did Santana’s swan dive win a 47th-minute penalty and reduce Hibs to 10 men, it also ruined this historic occasion by turning the second half into a procession.
If he has any decency he’ll watch the replay of his delayed reaction to Pa Kujabi’s naive tug on his shirt, which was outside of the box, and admit he conned ref Craig Thomson.
It was probably the most blatant example of simulation seen at the National Stadium since Salius Mikoliunas, then a Jambo, earned Lithuania a penalty against Scotland back in September 2007."

Sylar
21-05-2012, 05:02 PM
No one has denied there was shirt pulling.

So why are we claiming he dived?

You ever had someone take a full grab of your shirt whlist running full pelt? You'll hit the deck, I guarantee it.

Had it been at the other end and say Griffiths had gone down, we'd be screaming for it and would be claiming this same conspiracy pish if it wasn't given.

Kato
21-05-2012, 05:02 PM
If he has any decency he’ll watch the replay of his delayed reaction to Pa Kujabi’s naive tug on his shirt, which was outside of the box, and admit he conned ref Craig Thomson.

Agree with that piece expect the above. Thomson didn't care if he was fouled or not or inside the box or not. It was a chance to give them the pen and reduce us to ten men and he took the chance gleefully.

No conning required, just give him the chance and he'll comply.

Kato
21-05-2012, 05:09 PM

You ever had someone take a full grab of your shirt whlist running full pelt? You'll hit the deck, I guarantee it.

I don't think the jersey pulling amounted to him falling over although I know that your momentum can bring you down. I think clipping his own heels had more to do with him going down.

Had it been at the other end and say Griffiths had gone down, we'd be screaming for it and would be claiming this same conspiracy pish if it wasn't given.

Just like the Jambos would have been screaming for Griffiths to go if he had forearm smashed Black. Thing is with this ref Griffiths would have walked.

Of course and I wouldn't give a monkeys afterwards if it turned out to be simulation.

Been to four Scottish Cup finals with Hibs and watched them for over 40 years. Seen two very contentious penalty decisions go against us in two of those finals one which would have won us the game (we didn't get it) and one which, on Saturday, happened at what was a pivotal moment.

I've also been told there is no bias at the SFA and that these things balance themselves out over the course of time. So I'm due back for 40 years of crap from the SFA and a couple of pens in SC Finals.

Can't see me getting it, though.

Get it into your head. The SFA hate Hibernian FC. Always have done even when Harry Swan was in there stirring things up.

Sylar
21-05-2012, 05:10 PM
You're kidding yourself if you think that Santana didn't dive. It's not just Hibs fans that are blinkered about it, this is a DR journalist's view......

"Which makes Santana’s shameful act of cheating even more galling because Hearts wouldn’t have needed it to extend their arch-rivals’ Scottish Cup heartache to 111 years and counting.
But dive he did, and at a key stage of the game at 2-1 when the Hibees still had a chance of making a fist of this Final.
So not only did Santana’s swan dive win a 47th-minute penalty and reduce Hibs to 10 men, it also ruined this historic occasion by turning the second half into a procession.
It was probably the most blatant example of simulation seen at the National Stadium since Salius Mikoliunas, then a Jambo, earned Lithuania a penalty against Scotland back in September 2007."

Sorry Beefster, but the opinion of a Daily Record journalist certainly isn't going to change my mind.

It was theatrical, absolutely, but when Thomson looks over and sees Kujabi with a full handful of Suso's shirt, it really is incidental "how" he goes down.

To claim he "dived" shows an ignorance of both basic physics and a lack of experience in having your shirt tugged whilst running at pace.

Viking
21-05-2012, 05:11 PM
have just watched the reporting scotland highlights on the penalty thread! Does anybody have a clip of Fenlon giving the yams a GTF signal and getting sent to the stands?!

Kato
21-05-2012, 05:14 PM
It was theatrical, absolutely, but when Thomson looks over and sees Kujabi with a full handful of Suso's shirt, it really is incidental "how" he goes down.

If he can see that then he can see he's not in the box, why does he give a pen?

To claim he "dived" shows an ignorance of both basic physics and a lack of experience in having your shirt tugged whilst running at pace.

Bollocks. Not every jersey pull means the player goes springing forward to the ground. There is no basic law of physics which can be applied to every incident.

If he's going down why clip his own heels while he's doing so? As a little celebration or flourish?

Jim44
21-05-2012, 05:14 PM

If he has any decency he’ll watch the replay of his delayed reaction to Pa Kujabi’s naive tug on his shirt, which was outside of the box, and admit he conned ref Craig Thomson.It was probably the most blatant example of simulation seen at the National Stadium since Salius Mikoliunas, then a Jambo, earned Lithuania a penalty against Scotland back in September 2007."

He didn't con the corrupt referee. He saw what he wanted to see. It doesn't matter to him that every Hibby and every neutral knows that the corrupt referee cheated. Every Jambo I've spoken to says that the jersey was pulled inside the box and that there was no dive. Nonsense and selective blindness.

Benny Brazil
21-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Sorry Beefster, but the opinion of a Daily Record journalist certainly isn't going to change my mind.

He ran another 2 or 3 yards after Kujabi had let go of his shirt and he was hardly Usain Bolt going into the box so that last sentence is a bit patronising - it was Suso clipping his own heels that sent him down to the ground in a theatrical way which is why people are saying it was a dive.

Hibs7
21-05-2012, 05:22 PM
The shirt pulling didn't make him go down, but it was all the excuse that diving little **** needed. He is a cheat and he has a history of it, the tv clearly shows it was a dive and the fact a DR reporter comments on if is unusual in itself.

7-Heaven
21-05-2012, 05:24 PM

Maybe... but when Thomson looks over and sees Kujabi with a full handful of Suso's shirt it was at least a yard outside the box so no pen in my book.

basehibby
21-05-2012, 05:34 PM

What a load of utter gash - it was outside the box as anyone could see. Sometimes certain individuals fall over themselves so much to be fair to the opposition that they lose objectivity - you're guilty of that on this occasion.

Don't think you'll find anyone on here denying that Kujabi had a tug at Suso's shirt and that a foul should have been given - penalty? - NO - red card? - QUESTIONABLE (especially considering elbows to the heid are alright according to Thomson).

Minder
21-05-2012, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=H18sry;3239787]http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/102547-pat-fenlon-charged-by-sfa-following-hampden-cup-final-gesture/

They should charge the whole team with bringing game into disrepute !

yeezus.
21-05-2012, 05:37 PM
I thought Pat Nevin hit the nail on the head on Sportscene - it's hardly the end of the world is it? His team is taking a pounding. It was just frustration.

Cool_Hand_Luke
21-05-2012, 05:39 PM

Sorry, but have to disagree with this bit. Anytime i've been playing football, running at pace and had my shirt tugged, its actually made me get pulled back. The way Suso has fallen its like hes been pushed over - or as what happened...clipped his own heel - as he falls forward not backward.

greenginger
21-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Not only should Suso's pathetic dive bring charges but the Hearts players celebrating the 2nd goal in front of the Hibs fans ( right in front of myself to be exact ).

Skacel with his SHH! sign and a couple of others with the GITRUY signs as well. As expected nothing from the Thomson or the linesman and on BBC -- No coverage either , so it did'nt happen according to the SFA Compliance Sloth.

persevere1875
21-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Anyway getting back to the original thread, think we should all club together and pays the mans fine when it comes, after all it was the only bit of fight and defiance anyone in the team produced all day IMO

Beefster
21-05-2012, 05:50 PM

That's me told.

The_Todd
21-05-2012, 05:54 PM
oh come on, we can't complain about this. The Yams got to him and he showed it. Lets just take the rap and move on.

matty_f
21-05-2012, 05:55 PM
That's me told.

You were right though. To suggest you weren't shows a basic lack of understanding of the incident.

FifeeHibee
21-05-2012, 06:00 PM
There was no foul in the box so no penalty. A cheap sending off for a shirt-tug second booking, yes, but no penalty. Black should have got yellow for his early 'assault'. Would it all have made a difference, who knows? We got to the Scottish Cup final in a pish-poor season. We now need to forget the whole sorry affair, STILL remember 7-0, and hopefully we'll be better prepared for the next final. GGTTH

Sylar
21-05-2012, 06:09 PM
You were right though. To suggest you weren't shows a basic lack of understanding of the incident.

Aye, we were cheated right enough - it was a mass conspiracy by the SFA to ensure that Hibs never win the cup and Suso just launched himself to the floor knowing what the outcome would be with no contact whatsoever. Furthermore, the BBC and Sky are also in on it and the large grasp of Suso's shirt which Kujabi had was actually an inserted special effect.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/dailyrecord3/may2012/6/8/suso-santana-image-2-713933708.jpg

Come on. It's a clear foul. The only argument we can (and do) have is where it took place.

matty_f
21-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Suso dived and nobody is denying there was a tug on his shirt. Both parts of that statement can be correct.

ancient hibee
21-05-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm puzzled about this.I thought that if an individual(Fenlon)was dealt with by the referee at the time of the offence that was it over and done with for example sending off a player.Surely even the SFA can't try you twice for the same offence

Kato
21-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Surely even the SFA can't try you twice for the same offence

Unless you're Hibs.

Sylar
Suso dived and nobody is denying there was a tug on his shirt. Both parts of that statement can be correct.

Look at his foot - it's buckled inside because his momentum has been halted and he tripped himself up (quite clear in the replay) after Kujabi released him again. His going down is theatrical (with the spreading legs and flailing arms), but the attached image was what Craig Thomson seen - how can he not give a foul for that? His mistake was where he placed the foul.

Any person running who gets hauled back like that whilst moving at pace is likely to go down. It happens all the time, in many sports.

Never a penalty, but definitely a foul and second yellow.

Sas_The_Hibby
Aye, we were cheated right enough - it was a mass conspiracy by the SFA to ensure that Hibs never win the cup and Suso just launched himself to the floor knowing what the outcome would be with no contact whatsoever. Furthermore, the BBC and Sky are also in on it and the large grasp of Suso's shirt which Kujabi had was actually an inserted special effect.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/dailyrecord3/may2012/6/8/suso-santana-image-2-713933708.jpg

Come on. It's a clear foul. The only argument we can (and do) have is where it took place.

Actually, if you watch the foootage, there's NO ARGUMENT about that - nothing happened in the box except Suso ending up in it. Even his own clip of his own heels is outside the box.

I do agree, however, that we're in danger of sounding as paranoid as Neil Lennon here.

Sylar
21-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Actually, if you watch the foootage, there's NO ARGUMENT about that - nothing happened in the box except Suso ending up in it. Even his own clip of his own heels is outside the box.

I do agree, however, that we're in danger of sounding as paranoid as Neil Lennon here.

No argument here :greengrin

Kato
21-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Aye, we were cheated right enough - it was a mass conspiracy by the SFA to ensure that Hibs never win the cup and Suso just launched himself to the floor knowing what the outcome would be with no contact whatsoever.

Correct.

Furthermore, the BBC and Sky are also in on it and the large grasp of Suso's shirt which Kujabi had was actually an inserted special effect.

You're taking it a bit far now but the BBC didn't show the Hearts players giving the exact same gesture to the Hibs fans after their second goal and also remember they didn't show the incident a few weeks ago when Griffiths was booked for diving by Thomson (when he should have given a pen) so you might be onto something.

That's the argument that has gone on and has finished, he was outside the box.

Gatecrasher
21-05-2012, 06:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NnyKGHNT7lE
First time iv seen that, Sickening nothing was done about it, stick on red

McSwanky
21-05-2012, 06:31 PM

Bloomin eck, that's almost word for word what I just emailed the sfa! Didn't read the article either...

Kato
21-05-2012, 06:33 PM

Well we aren't managers so we can shoot the breeze on any incident we want. Also Lennon tends to argue over things where he is plainly in the wrong, rather than this incident in which we are right - he dived into the box, the ref couldn't wait to give the pen and send the player off when far worse fouls, than either of Kujabi's yellows, were committed by Hearts players went unpunished.

I think that is how his performance panned out, so I don't think I'm paranoid. My mate in Birmingham (ex-WBA player) was watching on TV and wanted Hibs to win but is impartial enough when watching games to judge incidents. First text I had from him during the game was that Black should have walked, second text was in caps "NEVER A PEN".

We were rubbish on Saturday but you can be rubbish and still be cheated.

BEEJ
21-05-2012, 06:34 PM

You need to take time to watch a re-run of the incident again - in slow-motion if you have to.

If Santana doesn't dive but play continues, Kujabi is not getting booked for that. I don't condone shirt pulling but it happens all the time in the professional game and invariably goes unpunished.

Danderhall Hibs
21-05-2012, 06:34 PM

I have and I bet I wouldn't fall over.

Watch the rugby - jerseys get pulled all the time a lot harder and for a lot longer than the one on Saturday but for some reason the players keep going and don't fall over. Any ideas how - are they defying physics or something?

Sas_The_Hibby
21-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Well we aren't managers so we can shoot the breeze on any incident we want. Also Lennon tends to argue over things where he is plainly in the wrong, rather than this incident in which we are right - he dived into the box, the ref couldn't wait to give the pen and send the player off when far worse fouls, than either of Kujabi's yellows, were committed by Hearts players went unpunished.

I think that is how his performance panned out, so I don't think I'm paranoid. My mate in Birmingham (ex-WBA player) was watching on TV and wanted Hibs to win but is impartial enough when watching games to judge incidents. First text I had from him during the game was that Black should have walked, second text was in caps "NEVER A PEN".

We were rubbish on Saturday but you can be rubbish and still be cheated.

I don't disagree with most of the points made here but we don't know for a fact that Thomson "couldn't wait" to give a penalty and we don't know for a fact that he's a cheat. He's certainly either a cheat or totally inept but it's hard to actually prove which; and assuming the SFA have got it in for us, as some posters here (not you) seem to be doing, is, IMO, paranoia.

However, I do suspect that if Griffiths or O'Connor had done the same as Suso, even if they had been fouled in the box, they would have been booked for diving because most SPL referees now seem to pre-judge these sorts of issues, whether consciously or not.

BEEJ
21-05-2012, 06:45 PM
And while you're checking out the 'physics' in the slo-mo re-runs, make sure you take-in Suso's waving of the imaginary card towards the referee within milliseconds of him hitting the deck. Knew exactly what he was doing.

Thomson, of course, doesn't condone players suggesting appropriate punishment for opposing players - as he demonstrated in the first half with his lengthy lecture of Claros for the same thing. Santana, however, seemed to escape a similar lecture.

Instead the referee simply complied.

Sas_The_Hibby
21-05-2012, 06:53 PM
And while you're checking out the 'physics' in the slo-mo re-runs, make sure you take-in Suso's waving of the imaginary card towards the referee within milliseconds of him hitting the deck. Knew exactly what he was doing.

Thomson, of course, doesn't condone players suggesting appropriate punishment for opposing players - as he demonstrated in the first half with his lengthy lecture of Claros for the same thing. Santana, however, seemed to escape a similar lecture.

Instead the referee simply complied.

I actually think a player should be automatically booked for brandishing an imaginary card, whether or not he's been fouled or the foul really was a yellow card offence.

TRC
21-05-2012, 06:55 PM

Had my shirt pulled many times while running at full pelt you don't fall over as he did I've played rugby as well and had the collar pulled while running full pelt didn't always fall down like a one armed climber with an itchy sack! to say you always fall is ridiculous. either that or you're not very good at keeping your balance

Kato
21-05-2012, 06:57 PM
I don't disagree with most of the points made here but we don't know for a fact that Thomson "couldn't wait" to give a penalty and we don't know for a fact that he's a cheat.

Seen enough of him over the years, and particularly this season, to KNOW he cheats us

However, I do suspect that if Griffiths or O'Connor had done the same as Suso, even if they had been fouled in the box, they would have been booked for diving because most SPL referees now seem to pre-judge these sorts of issues, whether consciously or not.

I agree and on his part I think it's conscious. Both penalty incidents at Pittodrie showed enough to make up my mind. Fair enough we can't get inside his head and "know" what he's thinking but: 1) I don't want to be inside that twisted *******'s head, 2) If it quacks it's usually a duck and he's waddled his way around enough Hibs games for me to see he goes well with Orange sauce.

BEEJ
21-05-2012, 07:01 PM
I actually think a player should be automatically booked for brandishing an imaginary card, whether or not he's been fouled or the foul really was a yellow card offence.
I would agree.

But it's just another example of the lack of even-handedness.

woody47
21-05-2012, 07:01 PM

He did not go down because of the tug of the jersey and to say so is utter pe sh!!!!! Think you need to get your eyes tested if you think otherwise. No one on here has said we didn't deserve to get beaten but that wee scroat was not fouled inside the penalty box ergo NO PENALTY or is that too much for you to comprehend. :fuming:

Sas_The_Hibby
21-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Seen enough of him over the years, and particularly this season, to KNOW he cheats us

I agree and on his part I think it's conscious. Both penalty incidents at Pittodrie showed enough to make up my mind. Fair enough we can't get inside his head and "know" what he's thinking but: 1) I don't want to be inside that twisted *******'s head, 2) If it quacks it's usually a duck and he's waddled his way around enough Hibs games for me to see he goes well with Orange sauce.

Is "duck" rhyming slang? :greengrin

Sudds_1
21-05-2012, 07:04 PM

Brilliant typo...........did you mean it?

Kato
21-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Is "duck" rhyming slang? :greengrin

If it helps you think up more ways to insult that cheat, go ahead..:wink:

Sudds_1
21-05-2012, 07:15 PM

nope...can't agree with that. If you watch the incident in full you will see the pause suso makes before launching himself theatrically to the floor. Blatant dive ......

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 07:20 PM

Agree Fenlon can have no complaints, especially as he gave Griffiths a rollicking for making the same gesture in Cowdenbeath and Rangers matches....

Teo10
21-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Serious question. Can you read? I don't know how many of my posts have said it was clearly outside the box and therefore a free kick rather than a penalty.

My eyes are perfectly fine. Take a look at the picture I linked in a few posts back - if you're a referee looking at that with Kujabi having a full handful of Suso's shirt, what do you do?

Maybe my balance isn't that of a tightrope walking gymnast, but during my time playing both football and American Football, I've had my shirt yanked a few times which has forced me down. I'm of slight build though and muscle isn't exactly protruding so yeah, perhaps my opinion (which is all it is!) that it would always lead to going down isn't universal, but footballers require very little incentive these days and the incentive Kujabi handed to both Suso and the referee was substantial.

I've no arguments it was dramatic and I didn't see the waving of the card (as my head went into my hands when the whistle went) but I was under the impression this WAS a yellow card offense?

For those who know me, Im fast, and im not exactly built like a brick ****house but the amounts of times I've had my top pulled as I'm running full pelt, never has it caused me to fall over forwards, yes ive stopped running and went backwards, even as they let go of my top the jolt as caused me to fall back, but looking at that DIVE over and over again I cant understand how a top pull can have that impact. Yes, it is a foul, freekick outside the box, but the distance in when he clips his own heels to where he lands is ridiculous, aswell as the ****** swan flapping impersonation which is what got to me the most. We still would have got humped but its rubbing salt in the wounds

(this is all my opinion, not rubbishing yours btw!)

woody47
21-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Serious question. Can you read? I don't know how many of my posts have said it was clearly outside the box and therefore a free kick rather than a penalty.

My eyes are perfectly fine. Take a look at the picture I linked in a few posts back - if you're a referee looking at that with Kujabi having a full handful of Suso's shirt, what do you do?

Maybe my balance isn't that of a tightrope walking gymnast, but during my time playing both football and American Football, I've had my shirt yanked a few times which has forced me down. I'm of slight build though and muscle isn't exactly protruding so yeah, perhaps my opinion (which is all it is!) that it would always lead to going down isn't universal, but footballers require very little incentive these days and the incentive Kujabi handed to both Suso and the referee was substantial.

I've no arguments it was dramatic and I didn't see the waving of the card (as my head went into my hands when the whistle went) but I was under the impression this WAS a yellow card offense?

Serious question? Are you trying to be clever or just like causing arguements?
I think the fact that I have been able to respond to your question proves I can read!
As to your previous statement about physics.. what utter cahones. Someone being pulled BACK would not propel FORWARD as in the case of the diving scrote.

leithman
21-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Wonder if the SFA will charge me as well.

I gave them a couple of signs as well.

What about the 22k Hibees who gave the ref. the bird?

Are we all banned?:confused:

Glory Lurker
21-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Are we all banned?:confused:

I do hope so - would stop me doing something daft like getting my head back up over the summer and getting back to living in hopeless hope again. Happy days - bring them on!:flag:

tamsonsbairn
21-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Is it possible for Hibs to ask the SFA/SPL to never again as long as he is a so called top referee send him to officiate at any Hibs game ever, and I include as a linesman( I will never class them as assistant ref's) or even a fourth official, isn't there an observer in the stand as well. Anyway If it is possible for HFC to ask of this I hope they ask LOUD and CLEAR that they do not want this man anywhere near Easter Road.

Saorsa
21-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Is it possible for Hibs to ask the SFA/SPL to never again as long as he is a so called top referee send him to officiate at any Hibs game ever, and I include as a linesman( I will never class them as assistant ref's) or even a fourth official, isn't there an observer in the stand as well. Anyway If it is possible for HFC to ask of this I hope they ask LOUD and CLEAR that they do not want this man anywhere near Easter Road.I doubt the SFA would do that as they would be as good as saying he isnae tae be trusted and is dishonest.

I doubt very much Hibs will do anything either, they'll just sit back and take it as usual. :rolleyes:

Eyrie
21-05-2012, 09:45 PM
The SFA have already taken what they consider to be appropriate action over Thomson not booking Black and then gifting them a penalty by exiling him to Eastern Europe for a few weeks. Regardless of how much we demand it, they won't do anything more regarding the matter.

Santana is a different matter. The TV pictures provide clear evidence of a dive, and action has to be seen to be taken. So bearing in mind how the SFA works, I fully expect Fenlon to get a touchline ban for his gesture and Santana to be overlooked for blatant cheating.

Eyrie
21-05-2012, 09:55 PM
It wasn't an aerial challenge though - Santana was past Kujabi and heading for the box when Kujabi grabbed his shirt. I have no problem with the booking (would have been screaming for it at the other end) and it was going down to ten men that killed us as much as the gift of the penalty.

EH6 Hibby
21-05-2012, 10:52 PM
It wasn't an aerial challenge though - Santana was past Kujabi and heading for the box when Kujabi grabbed his shirt. I have no problem with the booking (would have been screaming for it at the other end) and it was going down to ten men that killed us as much as the gift of the penalty.

I disagree with this. I think if we had gone down to 10 men but the scoreline remained 2-1 I think the players would have been spurred on and the game would have been very different. We would have still got beat most likely, but I don't think it would have been the humiliation it turned it to be.

Hibrandenburg
21-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Serious question? Are you trying to be clever or just like causing arguements?
I think the fact that I have been able to respond to your question proves I can read!
As to your previous statement about physics.. what utter cahones. Someone being pulled BACK would not propel FORWARD as in the case of the diving scrote.

Bit like tug of war. If you suddenly let go then the other team fall on their *****. Pull someone's shirt while he's running and then let go then the chances are that he'll fall flat on his face.

However I don't think that was the case in this example.