PDA

View Full Version : What Worries me moving on from Saturday is this.......

LauderHibby
21-05-2012, 03:51 PM
As a management team you tell the players how you want them to play - hopefully you share your vision and take them with you. If they do not do what you ask of them, you sit them all down and go through each and every deviation they made during the game from that plan as a team.

You are consistent in that message and you start again for the next game....it is drilled into them, simple. I do not mean to be demeaning to footballers here, but that is pretty straightforward is it not? If there are still problems then extra training to make sure they have no reason to misunderstand what is being asked of them.

Why then have we seen no real change in the last 10 games say......?

Some will say the players are crap, or stupid or not good enough - the manager manages the resources at his disposal to the best of his ability and to make the strongest team possible, and if they are easy to beat, then they are set up to be difficult to beat.

So here is the real problem for me - Pat Fenlon has not made much of an impact, the players he has brought in have been generally okay at best and woeful at worst.

How do I have any confidence that the players he brings in (assuming he continues in post) will be any better than the players he has brought in before.....and more importantly that he can share his vision with them (whatever that is) and get them playing the way he wants? Because lets be frank the results he has had are woeful.

I wish I had the answers and more importantly the confidence that he is still the man to take us forward - interested in everyone's view. I was there on Saturday and I am still embarrassed by what we as a team were like - the players and the fans who fought amongst ourselves. Very sad day to be a Hibby.....

Cropley10
21-05-2012, 03:56 PM
I've said similar. People reply that his job was to keep us up. Luckily Dunfermline were worse than us. The Cup run was a bonus and distraction.

He sent a team out on Saturday, with a lot of players he brought in, and then said they had no desire. Well, they either had no desire to start with or they lost it when they got here. It's his job to sort out the tactics and to get them motivated and he failed to do both. Our tactic was to play 4 CM and hoods the ball to our 2 forwards.

I hope he is 'the man' but I've seen nothing yet to make me think he is.

truehibernian
21-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Yes, but crops, remember Pat only has had a notoriously difficult window (January) to very hurriedly shift out and get in players - clubs at that mid season point can be difficult to negotiate with. He got in players who you'd expect to be better quality - and I'd argue that he did when you consider Agogo, Sodje, Thornhill and Palsson.

In summer, there will be many many more players available and who knows, some of them may have been targeted since January.

I do however want to see Hibernian introduce at least 3 youngsters into the side. Handling will definitely add quality, as will Forster. Caldwell needs to get a pre-season and games in him.

I'd love to see Booth in at left midfield, two attacking midfielders, and a really quality holding midfielder.

Hayes and a Hasselbaink too.

I want pace, creativity and power to be the keywords for PF this summer. But most important of all - leaders from keeper to striker, all over the pitch.

Cropley10
21-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Yes, but crops, remember Pat only has had a notoriously difficult window (January) to very hurriedly shift out and get in players - clubs at that mid season point can be difficult to negotiate with. He got in players who you'd expect to be better quality - and I'd argue that he did when you consider Agogo, Sodje, Thornhill and Palsson.

In summer, there will be many many more players available and who knows, some of them may have been targeted since January.

I do however want to see Hibernian introduce at least 3 youngsters into the side. Handling will definitely add quality, as will Forster. Caldwell needs to get a pre-season and games in him.

I'd love to see Booth in at left midfield, two attacking midfielders, and a really quality holding midfielder.

Hayes and a Hasselbaink too.

I want pace, creativity and power to be the keywords for PF this summer. But most important of all - leaders from keeper to striker, all over the pitch.

All true.

For the record I hope Pat takes us forward.