PDA

View Full Version : Proud to be a Hibbie

Currie Hibee
21-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Been in work today and taking the expected ribbing from Yam colleagues. All of it has made me realise how proud I am to be a Hibbie. Saturday was the worst day of my life as a football fan, but I am a Hibs fan and there is nothing better. Yes we were all let down but those 22k at the game and the ones who couldn't get tickets are the BEST fans in Scotland. Now for the club to give the fans what they deserve..........

alexhibs
21-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Ggtth

col02
21-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Proud to stand as a Hibs fan with every man, woman or child of the Hibernian persuasion who was thru there on Saturday. What went to pass seen some come and go but can understand the emotion getting the better of some people. Looking forward to the away trips next season to the likes of Inverness and Dingwall. As long as there is still a core support we have hope that better times will come again!

scott7_0(Prague)
21-05-2012, 08:51 PM
I was and still am proud of Hibs, yes we were let down but we will hopefully grow some and be better from it. In Pat we trust.

But I aint going to another game this year..... Bugger that.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 08:53 PM
I'll always be proud to be a fan of the club itself, no matter what.

There are however, many "teams" that I haven't been proud of over the last few years, but thats different.

leithman
21-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Been in work today and taking the expected ribbing from Yam colleagues. All of it has made me realise how proud I am to be a Hibbie. Saturday was the worst day of my life as a football fan, but I am a Hibs fan and there is nothing better. Yes we were all let down but those 22k at the game and the ones who couldn't get tickets are the BEST fans in Scotland. Now for the club to give the fans what they deserve..........

:thumbsup:

:hibees

theonlywayisup
21-05-2012, 09:13 PM
You know what, my emotions over the last few days have been very odd!

Before the final, I was not nervous about the day at all. Nor was I worried about the game. Whilst not confident, I thought Hibs would win.

After the game, I was very quiet. I could not be bothered talking about the game at all. It was like the process of erasing it from my memory banks had started, whilst I was entering "sleep" mode.

Yesterday, I tried to forget it completely, but kept thinking "if only............."

Today, whilst 100% proud to be Hibernian supporter and entering my 10th year as a season ticket holder, I really am asking myself "is it worth this bother, what is the point of it". It is almost as if they (our club) have beaten it all out of me. I really could not give a monkeys..........

Next season could be the breaking point for me! Another like the season we have just had and it will be ta ta from me!

hibeemikey21
21-05-2012, 09:19 PM

I admit that, for the most part of the fans are excellent, however I would have to say we are a far cry from being the best in Scotland.

I'm not sure that many other sets of fans would have left in their droves like ours did in a cup final against our rivals with 40 minutes left to play. For the final 20 minutes, I reckon maybe 8-10 k were left. Folk were even leaving at 2-0! When the fans throw in the towel that early, the effects can transfer to the pitch.

I understand why some people wouldn't want to watch their team getting dismantled, but even at 0-0, I was mainly hearing abuse being aimed at claros for being useless and O'Connor being fat and lazy as opposed to supportive comments!

Leishy1995
21-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Today I wore my hibs strip, hearts fans said 'are you not embarrassed to wear that?'
I replied 'no, I'm a true fan and support my team through the good, and the bad.'
shut them up.