PDA

View Full Version : How Many Ex Coaches Are We Still Paying Rod?

1875 NO 1
21-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I understand is 3. CC, Evans, Stevenson.

More cash getting wasted out the footie budget

WHUHibs
21-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Gareth is on gardening leave until 31st of may!

truehibernian
21-05-2012, 12:41 PM

My understanding, from an SFA contact, is that CC received £200,000 just prior to him accepting the B'ham job. A current SPL boss told him this (and who played with Colin at international level)

BEEJ
21-05-2012, 12:49 PM
My understanding, from an SFA contact, is that CC received £200,000 just prior to him accepting the B'ham job. A current SPL boss told him this (and who played with Colin at international level)
So the summer of 2011 will go down as the time when we turned £300k of possible income into £200k of spend.

:rolleyes:

truehibernian
21-05-2012, 12:55 PM
So the summer of 2011 will go down as the time when we turned £300k of possible income into £200k of spend.

I kind of expected a big pay off beej, but it sticks in the throat given his disrespectful attitude pre-season......of course, that is if it is true/substantiated. It will be in the accounts next year surely ?

I posted this two months ago beej......my contact was told on a coaching course down in England and was rooming with the manager who was on the same course. You'd think with the insular world that football is it will not be that wide off the mark though.

BEEJ
21-05-2012, 01:17 PM
I kind of expected a big pay off beej, but it sticks in the throat given his disrespectful attitude pre-season......of course, that is if it is true/substantiated. It will be in the accounts next year surely ? .
It will be tucked away in a much larger number and it will be impossible to determine specific payments to particular individuals.

spike220
21-05-2012, 01:22 PM

200k well spent imho

Caversham Green
21-05-2012, 01:24 PM

If that's true it's a real OG by the board. It was well known that Birmingham were after him, so Calderwood would have been a prime candidate for gardening leave, so that he would either have to resign with no payment or Birmingham would have had to buy his contract from Hibs. If Evans and Stevenson are on garndening leave, I can't see why CC would be treated differently though.

PS Calderwood has another job, so Hibs will certainly not still be paying him.

big-mo
21-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I think it may be 4 coaches and 4 players (excluding those out on loan).

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 01:26 PM
200k well spent imho

Not really considering we knocked back compensatory offer for a man who didn't want to be here....Well done Hibs Board, brilliant.....

PatHead
21-05-2012, 01:26 PM

Thought we were told that no written offer was made for Calderwood and the only verbal one (from Notts Forrest by the way as B'ham never made an offer) was less than the £300k we paid for him 6 months earlier. Don't know how that works out as a £500k swing if no offer was actually made.

But why let the truth get in the way of a good Petrie bashing.

PaulSmith
21-05-2012, 01:27 PM

But working at Livi with Collins and Hughes?

1987green
21-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Gareth aint at Livi with Collins and Yogi

1875 NO 1
21-05-2012, 01:34 PM

That's why in the eyes of many Petrie is a financial genius.
He stated at the AGM the offer of compo wasn't enough. Then months later we are still paying him. When he works for Birmingham.

As farmer said I wish I had a 100 rod petrie's.

BEEJ
21-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Thought we were told that no written offer was made for Calderwood and the only verbal one (from Notts Forrest by the way as B'ham never made an offer) was less than the £300k we paid for him 6 months earlier. Don't know how that works out as a £500k swing if no offer was actually made.

The Board refused to countenance approaches for CC last summer, a Manager who showed all the body language of someone who would rather be anywhere else than in a Manager's post and particularly one in Edinburgh. Had they listened to offers, there is no doubt they would have held out for a fee as recompense for the inconvenience to Hibs.

With the possibility of two clubs vying for CC's services and RP's known strengths at negotiation, there is every chance that the fee would have been substantial in order for us to recoup at least some of what we are reported to have paid Newcastle for him.

The £300k figure has been put about and I used it for that reason. Call it half that if it makes you feel any happier. The fact remains that we shot ourselves in both feet with that 'piece of business'.

1875 NO 1
21-05-2012, 01:38 PM

Offer was made. Rod confirmed this.

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 01:42 PM

How much do you reckon our financial whizzkid has cost the club with his mistakes and poor decision making?

persevere1875
21-05-2012, 02:52 PM
How much do you reckon our financial whizzkid has cost the club with his mistakes and poor decision making?

Suppose that depends on whether or not you believe CC had the ability to

a) keep us in the SPL
b) Get us to the SC Final

if you dont believe either then in retrospect regardless of any pay off, Rod has actually made money on the decision surely

DH1875
21-05-2012, 03:02 PM

We wont be paying CC anything as he has a job

Offer was made. Rod confirmed this.

Don't know about Birmingham but Forrest definitely came in with an offer. Steve McClaren confirmed it on SKY sports news at the time and even had a go at Petrie in the interview.

.Sean.
21-05-2012, 06:10 PM

Correct.

VickMackie
21-05-2012, 07:13 PM

Yeah, cos things would be great if they were still here.

Smart move by clubs nowadays to put a clause that says if they get another job then payments stop. Better than having to fork out a lump sum then the manager or coach move to another job.

AlbertK86
21-05-2012, 07:21 PM

Yep our man ROD is a financial genius right enough

WHUHibs
21-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Gareth aint at Livi with Collins and Yogi

Correct

Weir7
22-05-2012, 06:29 AM

Its only recently we stopped paying yogi and chipper

Billy Whizz
22-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Its only recently we stopped paying yogi and chipper

Is Rice at Livingston with Yogi?

Weir7
22-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Is Rice at Livingston with Yogi?

He's at watford. Watches their next apponents for the watford manager.