PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets (MERGED)

Hibby Bairn
20-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Experiencing high demand....:greengrin

Mikey
20-04-2012, 11:51 AM
No wonder. If you really, really, really want a ticket you now know what to do :greengrin

SlickShoes
20-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Id consider it if they still had the payment scheme, but £400 would probably ruin me. Hope everyone that goes sings there heart out and if you do buy a season ticket because of this then do the same again next season!

Emerald
20-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Id consider it if they still had the payment scheme, but £400 would probably ruin me. Hope everyone that goes sings there heart out and if you do buy a season ticket because of this then do the same again next season!

You could always use a credit card and pay it up?

SlickShoes
20-04-2012, 12:16 PM
You could always use a credit card and pay it up?

Been there done that, never again!

Pretty Boy
20-04-2012, 12:17 PM
No wonder. If you really, really, really want a ticket you now know what to do :greengrin

13000 home fans at ER every week next season.

That's almost as good as the 'big team'.

HibbyDave
20-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Our board once again trying to hold the fans to ransom. FACT

Emerald
20-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Been there done that, never again!

Just an idea if you're desperate but fully understand the downside.

woodythehibee
20-04-2012, 12:20 PM

Got to agree but I do see the other POV that the implication for Hibs financially could be huge.

PaulSmith
20-04-2012, 12:20 PM

Rubbish. Our Board ensuring that the football club has the best available opportunity to ensure that we're back at Hampden next season as well.

smurf
20-04-2012, 12:22 PM

With the objective of looking after the business interests of our club?

Weir7
20-04-2012, 12:22 PM

All these hard core hibs fans, if we have more seaon ticket holders, we can buy better players. Hopefull, more trips to Hampden.

FACT

IWasThere2016
20-04-2012, 12:24 PM

Yes. But how often exactly has such an opportunity come along???

Personally, I'd be angrier if the Board DIDN'T maximise the potential on this occasion (and I think they're useless :greengrin)

Beefster
20-04-2012, 12:25 PM

Correct. I started off not going to renew, then was going to renew but probably not before the end of May, now I'll be renewing asap!

Beefster
20-04-2012, 12:26 PM

FFS....

Aye, £20 memberships are extortion.

IWasThere2016
20-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Correct. I started off not going to renew, then was going to renew but probably not before the end of May, now I'll be renewing asap!

Can you fell RP's love? :greengrin

Beefster
20-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Can you fell RP's love? :greengrin

A wee bit of thigh from Rodders and I'm a sucker for him.

SlickShoes
20-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Just an idea if you're desperate but fully understand the downside.

Aye I had considered it but I still have some of my last holiday to pay up sadly or I probably would have done this!

Emerald
20-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Aye I had considered it but I still have some of my last holiday to pay up sadly or I probably would have done this!

Only last years holday, you should see mine :greengrin

matty_f
20-04-2012, 12:30 PM

Why are you concerned about it? I thought you weren't going back because you thought the board backed a ten team league? Who was holding who to ransom with that stance?

HibbyDave
20-04-2012, 12:32 PM
FFS....

No Longer on sale. Coul have, should have, didn't!

Went to semi, followed home and away for years and years and years, got disillusined with the fitba in general this year so no longer relevant to hibs UNLESS buying a season ticket for next year when we don't even know what division we will be in or where Hibs stand on the Rankgers situation and shoe-in of Rankgers to the SP Hell next year.

KeithTheHibby
20-04-2012, 12:32 PM

Garbage.

What makes you say that?

MacBean
20-04-2012, 12:34 PM
ST holder for years, but unable to attend many games this year due to other commitments so scrapped the ST and missed the membership. TYPICAL that hibs would get to the final this year eh!?

Had agreed with my father about 5 weeks ago that we were goin to come back next season, but due to finances and moving house we never got round to it! Now missed the deadline for early bird and payment plan, and neither of us have credit cards as a rule. looks like im sh*t creek without any sort of jambo to paddle.

God Petrie
20-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Garbage.

What makes you say that?

He is bitter because he isn't willing to invest in supporting Hibs but wants to attend the final.

KeithTheHibby
20-04-2012, 12:36 PM

Went to semi, followed home and away for years and years and years, got disillusined with the fitba in general this year so no longer relevant to hibs UNLESS buying a season ticket for next year when we don't even know what division we will be in or where Hibs stand on the Rankgers situation and shoe-in of Rankgers to the SP Hell next year.

Why the huns situation would affect any Hibs supporter is beyond me, this is Hibs we are talking about.

HibbyDave
20-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Why are you concerned about it? I thought you weren't going back because you thought the board backed a ten team league? Who was holding who to ransom with that stance?
Concerned because I'll still be a hibby when the board have moved on to pursue other career opportunities. Also, never said not going back because of Ten team league. i said that I will not buy season ticket to watch a ten team league. I'll choose the games I attend in future. i have said that if Newco Rankgers get auto entry to SPL I will not be back and I stand by that.

Beefster
20-04-2012, 12:38 PM

I want a big yacht but I'm not a millionaire. Life is unfair sometimes.

IWasThere2016
20-04-2012, 12:40 PM
A wee bit of thigh from Rodders and I'm a sucker for him.

WHORE! :wink: :greengrin

calumb
20-04-2012, 12:40 PM
FFS....

aye but hibs had a big membership drive in january but anyone who joined then will not get a final ticket

Hibby Bairn
20-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Some sympathy here towards waverers and the "ransom" argument. I actually think that the Board should have also re-opened the payment plan option as a help to people who cannot afford to pay all in one go as part of this cup final incentive. Maybe there is still time for them to do this. I think that would be a big help for many.

PaulSmith
20-04-2012, 12:43 PM
ST holder for years, but unable to attend many games this year due to other commitments so scrapped the ST and missed the membership. TYPICAL that hibs would get to the final this year eh!?

Had agreed with my father about 5 weeks ago that we were goin to come back next season, but due to finances and moving house we never got round to it! Now missed the deadline for early bird and payment plan, and neither of us have credit cards as a rule. looks like im sh*t creek without any sort of jambo to paddle.

Get a CC with a £500 limit, buy ST and then take scissors to said CC. Set up DD payment to pay of said CC over how ever many months you want.

Priceless as the advert goes.

hibs0666
20-04-2012, 12:43 PM

Bank loan?

Glory Lurker
20-04-2012, 12:52 PM
aye but hibs had a big membership drive in january but anyone who joined then will not get a final ticket

Ah, see - now you've got me feeling unwell. I read it that people who had joined the Hibernians post-December were excluded. What is/was the Hibernians and how is it different from Club Membership?

I took my Club Membership out in January/Feb so was reading it that I was okay - am I wrong? Is it time for me to go from slightly concerned to wailingly inconsolable?

Beefster
20-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Ah, see - now you've got me feeling unwell. I read it that people who had joined the Hibernians post-December were excluded. What is/was the Hibernians and how is it different from Club Membership?

I took my Club Membership out in January/Feb so was reading it that I was okay - am I wrong? Is it time for me to go from slightly concerned to wailingly inconsolable?

You are okay. You'll get a ticket.

Saorsa
20-04-2012, 12:55 PM

I took my Club Membership out in January/Feb so was reading it that I was okay - am I wrong? Is it time for me to go from slightly concerned to wailingly inconsolable?I'm no sure why the confusion here, seem clear tae me.

Club Members and Members of The Hibernians scheme (as at 31 December 2011*)

*Supporters who have joined the Hibernians scheme after 31 December 2011 will not be included in the priority sale.

Glory Lurker
20-04-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm no sure why the confusion here, seem clear tae me.

*Supporters who have joined the Hibernians scheme after 31 December 2011 will not be included in the priority sale.

Thanks, I think, Mr Dan (and Beefster). As I say - I had taken it that Members joining post-Hogmanay were fine (or as fine as could be behind STs). This anxiety/confusion is what I get for not having got an ST....

Mikey
20-04-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm no sure why the confusion here, seem clear tae me.

So all club members will be ok, that's good. I wasn't sure about the cut off date either.

I also think it's good that contributors to The Hibernians are being recognised.

SneakersO'Toole
20-04-2012, 01:02 PM

Winner of most pathetic and bitter post in Hibs.net history goes to you. Well done.

col02
20-04-2012, 01:04 PM

Hibs are trying to maximise their revenue from this unique opportunity. As a fan I want to see 10,000 ST holders rather than 6,000 as it gives us a fairer crack at regular success!

Saorsa
20-04-2012, 01:04 PM
So all club members will be ok, that's good. I wasn't sure about the cut off date either.

I also think it's good that contributors to The Hibernians are being recognised.well unless Rod sells out with new ST's

Mikey
20-04-2012, 01:06 PM
well unless Rod sells out with new ST's

True. I reckon they'll be safe, but you never know!

Judas Iscariot
20-04-2012, 01:06 PM

That part is priceless btw :faf:

Beefster
20-04-2012, 01:11 PM
well unless Rod sells out with new ST's

From the wording, it sounds like club members are guaranteed a ticket but new ST holders might not be, depending on how many we sell.

Mikey
20-04-2012, 01:12 PM
From the wording, it sounds like club members are guaranteed a ticket but new ST holders might not be, depending on how many we sell.

Just to correct myself from a few posts ago, I think that's right.

Saorsa
20-04-2012, 01:15 PM

Just to correct myself from a few posts ago, I think that's right.:aok:

Part/Time Supporter
20-04-2012, 01:17 PM

That would only apply if the 2012/13 ST sales went beserk (ie 12,000+).

ie 7500 STs in 2011/12, 500 or so members / Hibernians group, then 1 per STs in 2012/13. They're covering their arse in case they sell >12,000 STs. If they don't, everyone gets their entitlement.

Hibby Bairn
20-04-2012, 01:19 PM

That would be good. 12,000 at say £300 average would be £3.6m in Paddy coffers. Should be enough to secure McPake. :aok:

Judas Iscariot
20-04-2012, 01:19 PM

ie 7500 STs in 2011/12, 500 or so members / Hibernians group, then 1 per STs in 2012/13.

That would be crazy, especially as we might be in the 1st division :devil:

Beefster
20-04-2012, 01:24 PM

ie 7500 STs in 2011/12, 500 or so members / Hibernians group, then 1 per STs in 2012/13. They're covering their arse in case they sell >12,000 STs. If they don't, everyone gets their entitlement.

Yup, never going to happen.

Part/Time Supporter
20-04-2012, 01:25 PM

Hibs (and Dunfermline) will have played three more games by the time the ST priority period is closed (5 May). So you could wait until after the third (Aberdeen) game (2 May?), order the ST if it looks like Hibs are safe, then order the cup final ticket before the deadline.

jgl07
20-04-2012, 01:27 PM

Or even worse: Hibs were in the First Division and had to play NewHuns who bought up Cowdenbeath!

calumb
20-04-2012, 01:50 PM
That part is priceless btw :faf:

aye sorry had a total panic moment there, heart has now stopped racing and the brain has now engaged

hibbybob
20-04-2012, 01:53 PM

Club Membership and The Hibernians are two different things.

lucky
20-04-2012, 03:46 PM
i appreciate everyone wants to be at the game. But Hibs have done this as fair as possible. Yes some walk up fans are going to lose out. But any walk up fan that never took the membership only has themselves to blame. I forked £405 this season a terrible match day experience most home games and committed a£405 next season even though I was not sure what division we would be playing in. Hibs have recognised this and have reward me with two tickets to final of all finals. Many of the keyboard critics on here are just angry at themselves but reality there was never going to be enough tickets.

SteveHFC
20-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I have renewed mines :aok:

Just_Jimmy
20-04-2012, 03:56 PM
I've jsut bought a season. I was undecided but leaning toward it. My first season since 2008 and I'm so excited. My other halfs told me to shut up about fitbaw :greengrin

Best case I get to see Hibs win the Scottish against them in the flesh, worst I feel like I have backed the club again, hopefully my cash goes towards getting McPake and Griffiths signed up long term.

I understand why folk are unhappy, but I support the board in this. They are looking after the interests of hibs and giving us the best chance of maximising this opportunity.

Wait til the DVD sales go throught the roof after we win it!

ChooseLife
20-04-2012, 04:02 PM
What's the chances of us selling out of STs?

I can see massive queues outside ER tomorrow.

Pretty Boy
20-04-2012, 04:11 PM

We would have to sell about 10k new season tickets to sell out the home sections at ER.

Unlikely I would say.

ChooseLife
20-04-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm on the season ticket renewal page now, what's the differance between a Hibs Future ST and a Hibs Future/F?

Also what does (PP) and (CTU) mean?

PaulSmith
20-04-2012, 04:15 PM

I think highly unlikely but how much would you pay to see Hibs winning the Cup v Hearts. Also it would change the club for the next couple of years considerably if we did get 15k+ ST's.

At The Edge
20-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Renewed a while back, got my bogof shirt vouchers already, the cup final has been an added bonus, and if the new income for Hibs through more uptake on ST's help secure McPake, Griffiths and bring in a few others then magic, better football all round next season at ER.
:pfgwa

down-the-slope
20-04-2012, 04:19 PM
'Fans' trying to get big games without contributing week in week out...fact

Just_Jimmy
20-04-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm on the season ticket renewal page now, what's the differance between a Hibs Future ST and a Hibs Future/F?

Also what does (PP) and (CTU) mean?

Pp is payment play. Finished

Cup is cup top up.

The F maybe means family. I dont know.

Alex Trager
20-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Absolote joke, handed my little brother's season ticket app in and they've not sent me the form for the payment plan... obviously with me have handed it in and expecting to get the payment plan you can see how long ago i done it. Going up tomorrow and it better get sorted, no doubt i'll still end up missing the plan etc and not getting the tickets for the final..

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Pp is payment play. Finished

Cup is cup top up.

The F maybe means family. I dont know.

Yes it means Family

SquashedFrogg
20-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Being a bit lazy and thick here but would appreciate any help.

Haven't had a season ticket since the post Mowbray era but severely tempted to purchase now :greengrin

Took the wee boy to the semi and he's desperado to go to the final (He thinks we always win there after the Aberdeen game!)

Had a look at the official site but can't quite get my head around the various deals (which seem fairly attractive btw)

I'm a full time student and my lad is 10. Can anyone tell me what the best package would be to take for the two of us.

Thanks in advance for any help or assistance.

:flag::flag:

PaulSmith
20-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Being a bit lazy and thick here but would appreciate any help.

Haven't had a season ticket since the post Mowbray era but severely tempted to purchase now :greengrin

Took the wee boy to the semi and he's desperado to go to the final (He thinks we always win there after the Aberdeen game!)

Had a look at the official site but can't quite get my head around the various deals (which seem fairly attractive btw)

I'm a full time student and my lad is 10. Can anyone tell me what the best package would be to take for the two of us.

Thanks in advance for any help or assistance.

:flag::flag:

FF lower, Hibs Future (inc students) for £95 and a Hibs kids at £60.

greenlex
20-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Petrie and Hibs can GTF unless we get to a final against the Gorgie Slum dwelling skip rakers.

SquashedFrogg
20-04-2012, 05:42 PM
FF lower, Hibs Future (inc students) for £95 and a Hibs kids at £60.

Cheers... :hmmm:

Jamesie
20-04-2012, 05:52 PM
We would have to sell about 10k new season tickets to sell out the home sections at ER.

Unlikely I would say.

Not as unlikely as selling out our section at Hampden and exceeding the demand of season tickets though :greengrin

Scenario:

7,000 existing ST holders renew - equating to 14,000 Cup Final Tickets

6,000 new ST holders come along before 5 May, simply on the basis of the Cup Final priority.

If that happens then members can forget it. Unlikely I know but we're a fortnight away from the deadline and that's a lot of thinking / credit card application / selling a kidney for £400 time.

MUPPET
20-04-2012, 05:55 PM
I have to say I am very hacked off about this I have had a ST for fifteen years and hadn't renewed for no other reason than this season has been one of the worst in living memory. I probably would have later as I would miss it too much!

I am currently on the payment plan so was looking to just continue that and I would have renewed 10 minutes ago there and then with Hibs then getting 410 quid from Ticketmaster straight away. But I cannot afford to pay it myself and won't lump it on a card or loan or whatever else has been suggested. So Hibs lose a they now get **** all from me apart from 35 quid from my ticket and the extra ticket I should have got.

I will now see what happens along with the thousands of other Season Ticket holders who have been shafted and may or may not renew! Simple solution would have been to relaunch the payment plan this morning cementing the relationship with existing ST holders for a week therefore guaranteeing increased revenues for next season. This is total garbage and those that think otherwise are mugs.

BTW also the poor buggers who became members for the ICT games etc when we were struggling in January how badly have they been treated.

Shambles!

Beefster
20-04-2012, 06:00 PM
If that happens then members can forget it. Unlikely I know but we're a fortnight away from the deadline and that's a lot of thinking / credit card application / selling a kidney for £400 time.

Members won't lose out at all. The wording implies that members are guaranteed their ticket and that it's new ST holders who may lose out, in the unlikely event that we sold too many new STs.

I have to say I am very hacked off about this I have had a ST for fifteen years and hadn't renewed for no other reason than this season has been one of the worst in living memory. I probably would have later as I would miss it too much!

I am currently on the payment plan so was looking to just continue that and I would have renewed 10 minutes ago there and then with Hibs then getting 410 quid from Ticketmaster straight away. But I cannot afford to pay it myself and won't lump it on a card or loan or whatever else has been suggested. So Hibs lose a they now get **** all from me apart from 35 quid from my ticket and the extra ticket I should have got.

I will now see what happens along with the thousands of other Season Ticket holders who have been shafted and may or may not renew! Simple solution would have been to relaunch the payment plan this morning cementing the relationship with existing ST holders for a week therefore guaranteeing increased revenues for next season. This is total garbage and those that think otherwise are mugs.

BTW also the poor buggers who became members for the ICT games etc when we were struggling in January how badly have they been treated.

Shambles!

I don't see how you can blame Hibs because you decided not to renew when the payment plan was an option. I'm evidently a mug.

The poor buggers who became club members in January are getting a ticket. It's members of The Hibernians, who joined after 31/12/2011, that are not.

MUPPET
20-04-2012, 06:02 PM
I don't see how you can blame Hibs because you decided not to renew when the payment plan was an option. I'm evidently a mug.

The poor buggers who became club members in January are getting a ticket. It's members of The Hibernians, who joined after 31/12/2011, that are not.[/QUOTE]

greenlex
20-04-2012, 06:03 PM

Shambles!
Muppet!!!

Arch Stanton
20-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Now, if someone, who wasn't going to renew on cost grounds, now decided to renew and also buy a cup final ticket which they then sold on Ebay to defray the cost of their season ticket - should they be castigated for profiteering or praised for their initiative in boosting the club's finances?

Also, what do you reckon you would get on Ebay for a cup final ticket?

hibs0666
20-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Now, if someone, who wasn't going to renew on cost grounds, now decided to renew and also buy a cup final ticket which they then sold on Ebay to defray the cost of their season ticket - should they be castigated for profiteering or praised for their initiative in boosting the club's finances?

Also, what do you reckon you would get on Ebay for a cup final ticket?

Lynched.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2012, 06:26 PM

Shambles!

I think you'll find they've been rewarded with a ticket for the final, also Ticketmaster do not pay Hibs for your season ticket,you can't currently be on the payment plan because it finished long ago if you're on about paying last seasons ticket and lastly you have not been shafted at all but are just bitter because you may miss out on a ticket. Oh yes I forgot you then moan about not taking a loan but wish the payment plan was extended..............the payment plan is a loan through a finance company!!!!

MUPPET
20-04-2012, 06:55 PM
I think you'll find they've been rewarded with a ticket for the final, also Ticketmaster do not pay Hibs for your season ticket,you can't currently be on the payment plan because it finished long ago if you're on about paying last seasons ticket and lastly you have not been shafted at all but are just bitter because you may miss out on a ticket. Oh yes I forgot you then moan about not taking a loan but wish the payment plan was extended..............the payment plan is a loan through a finance company!!!!

Sorry I meant The Hibernians! And yes I am bitter very bitter as I renewed last year when we were if possible even worse than we are now and have witnessed ONE home win this season and get one ticket unless I shell out up front money I don't have. I assume you do accept that Hibs would make much more money if they had reintroduced the payment plan?

adhibs
20-04-2012, 06:57 PM

Shambles!

and why should you have got another ticket? youv clearly no botherd to read the details because members are getting tickets (including me) :greengrin

matty_f
20-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Sorry I meant The Hibernians! And yes I am bitter very bitter as I renewed last year when we were if possible even worse than we are now and have witnessed ONE home win this season and get one ticket unless I shell out up front money I don't have. I assume you do accept that Hibs would make much more money if they had reintroduced the payment plan?

Why should they re-open it now? We all knew when the payment plan expired, it was even extended IIRC. The problem you have is that you turned your back on the club and now that decision has bit you on the erse. Well boo-*******-hoo.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2012, 06:59 PM

Yes no doubt there would be a lot of interst in a PP. You are saying you a guaranteed a ticket so what's the problem?

Saturdays Hero
20-04-2012, 07:06 PM
My other half is a fulltime student :greengrin so it would cost £95 to guarantee a cup final ticket,not a bad deal if your desperate,personally i still think there will be a public sale and take my chances.

ozzie
20-04-2012, 07:12 PM

If you got a 13 month interest free credit card, never spend anything else on it & cut it up once you've used it, it would be just like the payment plan if you have enough will power to pay £40 per month or there abouts.

MUPPET
20-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Yes no doubt there would be a lot of interst in a PP. You are saying you a guaranteed a ticket so what's the problem?

I promised Miss Piggy a ticket!

GreenCastle
20-04-2012, 07:45 PM

Like I said on the other post - I was down at the club shop today and there was a big queue inside it - with about 30 people waiting so they had to open up the ticket office.

I can see several people renewing / buying a new season ticket tomorrow or next week so they are guaranteed a final ticket.

I do believe they should have reopened up the payment plan again but at the same time how much time can you give people to pay - there has to be a cut off sometime.

I understand people support the club in different ways and feel sorry for those who will miss out on tickets as they walk up and even travel to away games but don't have a season ticket / member ship.

The loyalty points has to be introduced - ok we haven't been getting to cup finals every year but how hard would a Boots type Loyalty card be to produce - surely can't be that expensive ?

Arch Stanton
20-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Lynched.

Yep - figures

Mikey
20-04-2012, 07:48 PM
The loyalty points has to be introduced - ok we haven't been getting to cup finals every year but how hard would a Boots type Loyalty card be to produce - surely can't be that expensive ?

It's money that has to be found from somewhere. I'd rather have Griffiths running around on the park than a loyalty scheme!

leither17
20-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Wee question here if i buy an cat b season ticket now for next season does that get me aa final ticket i cant make all games and its usually the cat a games i miss?

givescotlandfreedom
21-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Petrie and Hibs can GTF unless we get to a final against the Gorgie Slum dwelling skip rakers.

An excellent description :agree:

ChooseLife
21-04-2012, 05:27 AM
so if I was buying 2 STs for 2 students I would get 2 Future/Fs because we're in the same family?

This is way too complicated.

Onion
21-04-2012, 05:29 AM

Understand why they've done it but its just papering over the massive cracks at the club. They may get 10k ST holders and suggest all is well at ER when every fans knows we're a total mess.

Beefster
21-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Understand why they've done it but its just papering over the massive cracks at the club. They may get 10k ST holders and suggest all is well at ER when every fans knows we're a total mess.

A total mess that loads of folk don't want to fund but are raging that they might be unable to go and watch in one game.

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2012, 06:14 AM

Do you not maybe think that the club are taking the opportunity here to try and get out of that mess?

Septimus
21-04-2012, 07:05 AM
It seems obvious from the apparent demand from fans that there is a large latent support base waiting to be tapped. I wonder if Petrie ever ponders whether there might be a case for putting real talent on the park and having people fighting for tickets most weeks with Hibs really challenging for honours week in week out. Building a 20,000 seater stand surely indicates that somebody in the hierarchy believed that we could fill it on a fairly regular basis. If not, what on earth did they build it for?

Onion
21-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Do you not maybe think that the club are taking the opportunity here to try and get out of that mess?

I don't for one minute think Petrie and the current board are capable of deploying said funds to get is out of the mess they've put us in. Anyway not trying to negate the current feelgood factor and we should rightly enjoy it while it lasts. Beating the Yams in a SC final would be unbelievable, but the underlying issues we have had at ER over the last 5 years will not be addressed by a few more quid in the coffers.

Reaper
21-04-2012, 07:31 AM

I hear you but hopefully this cup run will clear the debt left from the building of the stand and allow us to get better players through the door. Money will help but we need to get the right players through the door. One thing it does show though is how massive a cup run can be financially each season for a club, not just a chance to win a trophy. Hopefully we can build and get decent cup runs each season for a few and get the revenue up. When you think back to how many Semi's and Finals Hearts got to in the mid 90's, it must've made a huge difference to them financially at the time and helped towards the building of their '98 cup winning side, hopefully Hibs can do the same (minus the financial disaster 10 years later of course)

StevieC
21-04-2012, 09:02 AM
I do believe they should have reopened up the payment plan again but at the same time how much time can you give people to pay - there has to be a cut off sometime.

Re-opening the "early-bird" for a week might get some shifted. :wink:

I'm still not renewing regardless.

.. unless someone wants to make a donation to my renewal cost, to guarantee themselves a couple of Cup Final tickets. :wink:

Judas Iscariot
21-04-2012, 09:13 AM
It seems obvious from the apparent demand from fans that there is a large latent support base waiting to be tapped. I wonder if Petrie ever ponders whether there might be a case for putting real talent on the park and having people fighting for tickets most weeks with Hibs really challenging for honours week in week out. Building a 20,000 seater stand surely indicates that somebody in the hierarchy believed that we could fill it on a fairly regular basis. If not, what on earth did they build it for?

Because they see Hibernian more as more of a business and not a Football Club!?

Tom Hart RIP
21-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Experiencing high demand....:greengrin

Personally I believe there will be a public sale. I know six ST holders who are not renewing and like me will get a membership which is far better value fir money if you miss a game plus you will get a cup final ticket next year hopefully. Although we will have some new ST holders this year to get a ticket, I doubt that they will equal the numbers who don't renew. I know there us some anger that the members get exactly the same as the current ST holders. I don't blame the club for trying to maximise the money but the membership oackage was I'll thought out and will reduce much needed ST money. They will make a short-term profit but gave lost the goodwill of many of the current ST holders I gave spoken to to.

Beefster
21-04-2012, 09:28 AM
I know there us some anger that the members get exactly the same as the current ST holders.

I can't believe how petty some folk are getting - members are not getting exactly the same as current ST holders (and I'm one). Their sales are after the current ST holders and us current ST holders have also been getting into the home games for the past 9 months.

marinello59
21-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Personally I believe there will be a public sale. I know six ST holders who are not renewing and like me will get a membership which is far better value fir money if you miss a game plus you will get a cup final ticket next year hopefully. Although we will have some new ST holders this year to get a ticket, I doubt that they will equal the numbers who don't renew. I know there us some anger that the members get exactly the same as the current ST holders. I don't blame the club for trying to maximise the money but the membership oackage was I'll thought out and will reduce much needed ST money. They will make a short-term profit but gave lost the goodwill of many of the current ST holders I gave spoken to to.

How many people actually took up the membership package? They bought in to it when many were walking away from the club. They are gaining nothing over Season Ticket holders, resenting them getting the priority that they paid for without knowing if it was worthwhile or not would just be childish wouldn't it?

IberianHibernian
21-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Just noticed that deadline is 2nd June more than a month before season starts . Presume club announces an early date like this every year then carries on selling them even after season has started . When do club usually announce walk up prices ? Another question . Can an adult use a concession ST and pay difference in price at ticket office ?

Ringothedog
21-04-2012, 09:56 AM
How many people actually took up the membership package? They bought in to it when many were walking away from the club. They are gaining nothing over Season Ticket holders, resenting them getting the priority that they paid for without knowing if it was worthwhile or not would just be childish wouldn't it?

I am one of "those" people that bought a membership. I was a lapsed season ticket holder who decided when the offer became available that it was a good way to put some money into Hibs. I was not even contemplating the possibility of reaching a cup Final and receiving priority. What the membership has done is made me more of a regular at Easter Road. I have not missed a home game since the turn of the year, I am even attending a few away games. I am the same as you, I cannot understand this resentment of club members, it was available to everyone.If you didn't take one out....tough!! If you did take one out....well done and see you at the final:greengrin

Beefster
21-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Just noticed that deadline is 2nd June more than a month before season starts . Presume club announces an early date like this every year then carries on selling them even after season has started . When do club usually announce walk up prices ? Another question . Can an adult use a concession ST and pay difference in price at ticket office ?

I think that 2nd June is to guarantee that renewals can keep their existing seat. No renewal before 2nd June and it goes back into the pool for sale to new STs and folk wanting to move.

HibbyDave
21-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Whats the score? Each club get 20,000= 40,000 Debentures =4500 This leaves around 7000 tickets still to be accounted for.
Article in todays Scotaman accounts for a total of 47000 including the empty seats "safety zone", press etc so I guess there is still 3000 tickets to be accounted for.

Any other ideas?

Posible late "limited number of tickets available" for a public scramble?

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Whats the score? Each club get 20,000= 40,000 Debentures =4500 This leaves around 7000 tickets still to be accounted for.
Article in todays Scotaman accounts for a total of 47000 including the empty seats "safety zone", press etc so I guess there is still 3000 tickets to be accounted for.

Any other ideas?

Dont know if true. But heard that players have been giving option of 100tickets each.

mcvie7
21-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Dont know if true. But heard that players have been giving option of 100tickets each.

What a load of rubbish.

James Connolly
21-04-2012, 12:16 PM

Any other ideas?

Every senior club affiliated to the SFA will each receive a number of tickets; the likes of Whitehill Welfare used to get 20 tickets for every Scottish Cup final.

whiskyhibby
21-04-2012, 01:03 PM
I had renewed before the early bird deadline, so I am a happy man looking forward to getting two tickets

:aok::aok:

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Every senior club affiliated to the SFA will each receive a number of tickets; the likes of Whitehill Welfare used to get 20 tickets for every Scottish Cup final. Might get on the phone to them and ask for a trial!

WindyMiller
21-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Might get on the phone to them and ask for a trial!

You're guaranteed to be found guilty.

HibbyDave
21-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Winner of most pathetic and bitter post in Hibs.net history goes to you. Well done.

When were you appointed guardian of opinions?:confused:

The truth can hurt but it is still the truth. :agree:

Q.Why were shareholders ignored? After all, they OWN the club.

21-04-2012, 05:51 PM
All these hard core hibs fans, if we have more seaon ticket holders, we can buy better players. Hopefull, more trips to Hampden.

FACT

Absolutly :agree:

Ringothedog
21-04-2012, 05:53 PM

If that was the case it would mean that Rod and Tam who own about 98% of the club would get about 19950 tickets between them. They could then sell them to the supporters in any way that they deem fair....wait a minute they are doing that!!

thebakerboy
21-04-2012, 06:11 PM
I got a membership in December so should be OK for 1 ticket. I havn't had a Season ticket for a few years due to work but as I am 65 in July and now retired had more or less decided to get one next season 'cause I would get Auld Gits rates but this depends on us staying up . If I do buy one would this get me a second ticket for the final????????

PaulSmith
21-04-2012, 06:15 PM
I got a membership in December so should be OK for 1 ticket. I havn't had a Season ticket for a few years due to work but as I am 65 in July and now retired had more or less decided to get one next season 'cause I would get Auld Gits rates but this depends on us staying up . If I do buy one would this get me a second ticket for the final????????

I believe so.

hibbybob
21-04-2012, 06:16 PM

Who knows how much the club will charge for membership next season? Last years price of £20, which included a free ticket, was very reasonable and obviously reflected the mood of supporters. It was also introduced half way through the season.

I'd expect next years membership to be more expensive as demand is bound to be higher! The club would be daft to make it more beneficial to become a member rather than buy a season ticket ........ and Rod isn't daft!!

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2012, 06:16 PM

Yes

Ringothedog
21-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Who knows how much the club will charge for membership next season? Last years price of £20, which included a free ticket, was very reasonable and obviously reflected the mood of supporters. It was also introduced half way through the season.

I'd expect next years membership to be more expensive as demand is bound to be higher! The club would be daft to make it more beneficial to become a member rather than buy a season ticket ........ and Rod isn't daft!!

I would expect membership to be around £100. I would hope that there would be a members ticket rate to be a reduction of about £4/5 .

hibbybob
21-04-2012, 06:57 PM
I would expect membership to be around £100. I would hope that there would be a members ticket rate to be a reduction of about £4/5 .

I think that's a great idea!

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2012, 07:09 PM

So over 19 games you would more or less get your money back plus all the other benefits that go with a membership! I think that idea would enrage ST holders.

scoopyboy
21-04-2012, 07:11 PM

Any other ideas?

I think the clubs got more than 20,000.

For whatever reason they may have decided to make 20,000 available to fans.

Beefster
21-04-2012, 07:15 PM

I reckon it will be somewhere around £30-40. Even Arsenal don't charge £100 for a club membership.

Ringothedog
21-04-2012, 07:32 PM
So over 19 games you would more or less get your money back plus all the other benefits that go with a membership! I think that idea would enrage ST holders.

Using my figures I would be paying £366 if I went to every game. 13 x 18 and 6 x £22. There would also be the £100 membership fee = £466. That is still 15% more than the dearest ST. What i cant understand is why people are so down on the membership scheme, surely we should be encouraging as many as possible to attend games. This is just another way. :confused:

Ringothedog
21-04-2012, 07:34 PM
I reckon it will be somewhere around £30-40. Even Arsenal don't charge £100 for a club membership.

Do they give a reduction in ticket prices or any benefits from having it ?

SneakersO'Toole
21-04-2012, 07:36 PM

So the truth in your eyes is that the club are holding fans to ransom? Aye, very good.

I've got a question for you - do you want to see a better Hibs team on the park? If so, then you should be happy with the cup final ticket priority. Your not however because there is a chance you may not get a ticket. That is pathetic.

Beefster
21-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Do they give a reduction in ticket prices or any benefits from having it ?

From what I remember when we used to buy it, you get a wee pack with some stuff of interest to an Arsenal fan (photo book, wee badge etc) and you get a chance to buy tickets sometimes (if any are available). We only bought them so that I could take Mrs Beefster (who had a ST before moving up here) to some away games now and again.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Using my figures I would be paying £366 if I went to every game. 13 x 18 and 6 x £22. There would also be the £100 membership fee = £466. That is still 15% more than the dearest ST. What i cant understand is why people are so down on the membership scheme, surely we should be encouraging as many as possible to attend games. This is just another way. :confused:

Not against memberships at all! You mentioned a reduction in prices of between £4/£5 so lets go with £4.50 x 19 = £85.50 reduction in prices for your membership of £100 plus all the other benefits which would expect to be to a free game or similar reduction. That's a cracking deal if you can get it.

HibbyDave
21-04-2012, 08:43 PM
So the truth in your eyes is that the club are holding fans to ransom? Aye, very good. I've got a question for you - do you want to see a better Hibs team on the park? If so, then you should be happy with the cup final ticket priority. Your not however because there is a chance you may not get a ticket. That is pathetic.

The club/board are profiteering by asking fans to buy a season ticket or to renew to gaurantee a cup final ticket - my opinion, based on a number of factors. The board could not have planned for the cup final appearance in their budgeting. It should be a reward for the long suffering fans, not an opportunity to exercise emotional blackmail. If that's how they want to conduct business then I feel vindicated in my decison last season to give up my season ticket.

Will Hibs be better next season? I hope so but time will tell. Extra cash for the manager will of course be welcome to PF and I think he will need it because it's a massive task to rebuild a team. Have the board said that all the extra revenue from the UNEXPECTED, Not-in-budget cup final appearance will go to team rebuild? I don't think so.
I'm not trying to be downbeat about the club but I don't share your confidence that the right people are driving the club forward.

Finally, given that you know nowt about me or whether or not I can or will be at the final ( I will, the same as I have been at every final since 1969! I know Oh Uberfan etc etc etc), it's a little strong to label my coments as pathetic so PLEASE STOP IT.
Anyway let's look for a win tomorrow as it's an important game too!!
GGTTH

inglisavhibs
21-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I don't for one minute think Petrie and the current board are capable of deploying said funds to get is out of the mess they've put us in. Anyway not trying to negate the current feelgood factor and we should rightly enjoy it while it lasts. Beating the Yams in a SC final would be unbelievable, but the underlying issues we have had at ER over the last 5 years will not be addressed by a few more quid in the coffers.

The only underlying trend is the succession of poor managers. The current manager is doing a bit better and let's hope he can continue the improvement. Have you looked at the state of other football clubs in Britain regarding finances. HIbs turnover fell below 8m last year, which makes life difficult recruiting talent. I would love to know what all the moaners would have done regarding tickets. If you don't want a season ticket then that's your choice but don't then moan about tickets. Take your chance with thousands of others who will struggle for tickets. Can't really stand so called fans coming on here telling us that they know 6 people not renewing. Very negative vibes when we should all be pulling together ready for staying up and then attempting to win the Scottish cup that no HIbs supporter alive has witnessed. Keep all the negative vibes to yourselves.

smurf
22-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Still don't know how it couldn't have been existing season ticket holder for this season rewarded for the loyalty with two (max 15,000) and new season ticket holder for next season with one.

They've missed a trick to really hammer home the value of existing season ticket holders in having one.

Let's hope their tactic pays off though and it boosts season ticket numbers for next season.

GreenCastle
22-04-2012, 09:33 AM
I think the clubs got more than 20,000.

For whatever reason they may have decided to make 20,000 available to fans.

Interesting you mention this as usually the clubs get about 22,000 each in the final.

So both Hibs and Hearts may have been given 22,000 but have decided to keep 2,000 each for players - family - sponsors and who ever else ?

Would this be right ?

Sunny Leith
22-04-2012, 09:40 AM

I have a membership for Chelsea and it is about 50 quid. You don't get much from it at all however it enables you the chance to get tickets for games and lets you build up loyalty points. I think a 100 quid membership at hibs is one of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard. Apart from one game in the last 5 years I cant see anyone who has strugged for a ticket to any game.

Surely any kind of membership would be free with a ST?

hibee
22-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Interesting you mention this as usually the clubs get about 22,000 each in the final.

So both Hibs and Hearts may have been given 22,000 but have decided to keep 2,000 each for players - family - sponsors and who ever else ?

Would this be right ?

Or saving them for last minute corporate offers to those desperate to go.

Lungo--Drom
22-04-2012, 01:35 PM
RAOFL! :greengrin: I guess I must be a whore too cause I bought a 2012/13 season ticket just over a week ago, and am waiting for my Cup Final ticket application form to come in the post :wink: I must be the Board's dream "easy sell" type of person...

WHORE! :wink: :greengrin

Irish_Steve
22-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Just bought two Hibs Future tickets for my boys - however, one isn`t able to attend, he`ll be on a school-trip at the time - will I be able to use his form to buy an adult ticket for me, if not, his cousin is gonna be really happy!

marinello59
22-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Just bought two Hibs Future tickets for my boys - however, one isn`t able to attend, he`ll be on a school-trip at the time - will I be able to use his form to buy an adult ticket for me, if not, his cousin is gonna be really happy!

There is nowt to stop you buying an Adult ticket as far as I know. There are no kids concessions in the North and South stands so if that's where you plan on sitting you would have adult tickets anyway.

smurf
23-04-2012, 12:20 PM
That's me renewed my two. Cup final tickets forced my hand. Well done Rodders!

jgl07
23-04-2012, 12:27 PM
I have a membership for Chelsea and it is about 50 quid. You don't get much from it at all however it enables you the chance to get tickets for games and lets you build up loyalty points. I think a 100 quid membership at hibs is one of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard. Apart from one game in the last 5 years I cant see anyone who has strugged for a ticket to any game.

Surely any kind of membership would be free with a ST?

Season ticket holder are members. It says on the card 'Season Ticket Member'.

Where is this £100 rubbish coming from? As I recall it was £30 when it was introduced over Christmas and you got one free ticket included in that.

Most club memberships are in the region of £10.

Onion
23-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Anyone know the definitive rules for getting a student ST ? Do you have to be under 18 or can "mature" full time students get the reduced pice ST as long as they can show a matrix card ?

Its not clear from the Hibs site and they are not answering their phones at the moment !

marinello59
23-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Anyone know the definitive rules for getting a student ST ? Do you have to be under 18 or can "mature" full time students get the reduced pice ST as long as they can show a matrix card ?

Its not clear from the Hibs site and they are not answering their phones at the moment !

Matriculated students of any age qualify.

Onion
23-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Matriculated students of any age qualify.

Brilliant, thanks for that :thumbsup:

El Gubbz
25-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Anyone have any idea how many season tickets have been sold since we got in the final? Lassie behind me in the queue asked for 15 Season ticket application forms just to guarantee a ticket for the final :flag:

CallumLaidlaw
25-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Well we sold over a thousand over the weekend after the allocation was announced apparently.

TamHibs
25-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Well we sold over a thousand over the weekend after the allocation was announced apparently.

Wasn't it released as 1000s since the cup final allocation was announced rathe than just 1000?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3ntvz5

CallumLaidlaw
25-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Wasn't it released as 1000s since the cup final allocation was announced rathe than just 1000?

---

Just checked this is from the official site - The Club can also confirm that over 1000 Season Ticket Memberships for 2012/13 have been sold since Friday lunchtime and would like to thank those supporters for committing to Hibernian for the next campaign.

TornadoHibby
25-04-2012, 11:18 PM

---

No! :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
26-04-2012, 03:29 AM
Just checked this is from the official site - The Club can also confirm that over 1000 Season Ticket Memberships for 2012/13 have been sold since Friday lunchtime and would like to thank those supporters for committing to Hibernian for the next campaign.

Doesn't say 1000 NEW memberships though, some of these will be simply renewals.

Does

scoopyboy
26-04-2012, 05:47 AM
Doesn't say 1000 NEW memberships though, some of these will be simply renewals.

Does

True but it is till 1000 more is still better than 0, if we hadn't won the semi I suspect the sales over the weekend would have been very close to the zero.

I don't think it really matters if they are new or renewals.

I couldn't care if we sold 7000 renewals and 3000 new or 5000 renewals and 5000 new, it still adds up to 10000.

Onion
26-04-2012, 06:25 AM

Like a blackmailer sending the victim a note of "thanks for the cash, sucker". The guys I met in the queue at ER yesterday were spitting nails at the way Hbs have handled the CF Ticket sales - they had no interest in a ST for next season (and who can blame them) so saw it as Hibs charging £500 for one game.

Barney McGrew
26-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Like a blackmailer sending the victim a note of "thanks for the cash, sucker". The guys I met in the queue at ER yesterday were spitting nails at the way Hbs have handled the CF Ticket sales - they had no interest in a ST for next season (and who can blame them) so saw it as Hibs charging £500 for one game.

No-one is forcing them to buy a season ticket. They can wait for the public sale if they don't want to buy one.

Gatecrasher
26-04-2012, 06:30 AM

I think Hibs were spot on.

Jack
26-04-2012, 06:35 AM

I don't believe you.

Dinkydoo
26-04-2012, 06:45 AM

Yea, lets have a go at Hibs for trying to use the Cup Final to maximise thier cash flow from season tickets for next season. :rolleyes:

Nobody is forced into buying anything and although I will be gutted if I can't get my hands on a ticket, I can't fault Hibs for the way they've handled what was a difficult situation.

Sure, at first I was a bit annoyed but upon reflection, it's obvious that no matter what approach was taken there still would have been people left feeling disappointed.

30 - 40,000 fans wanting a ticket does not fit into our 20,000 allocation, full stop.

Spike Mandela
26-04-2012, 06:46 AM

Except it's not, it's for at least 20 games.

NAE NOOKIE
26-04-2012, 06:49 AM

Its a bit mental eh !

Folk who are so committed to the cause that they would in effect fork out £300 + for a ticket for one match. But wouldnt pay the same to watch 19 matches ........... now thats a paradox.

FWIW ........ Anybody who thinks Hibs should have stood back and not taken advantage of this situation can never have run a business. Its not as if the club are asking folk to pay £300 for a cup final ticket. As I said, they are selling 19 matches ...... 19 chances to watch the mighty Hibees next season.

Now how can anybody who calls themselves a Hibby think thats a bad deal :devil:

marinello59
26-04-2012, 07:06 AM

You have either made that up or the club were operating a seperate queue especially for torn faced whingers with no sense of irony.

blackpoolhibs
26-04-2012, 07:13 AM
You have either made that up or the club were operating a seperate queue especially for torn faced whingers with no sense of irony.

:faf::faf: :agree: Nobody is forcing anyone to buy a season ticket, in fact if you can tie your shoe laces you can find tickets for the final online for much cheaper than the price of a season ticket. :confused:

hibee
26-04-2012, 07:18 AM

If they've no interest in a ST for next season they should be leaving the final tickets for someone who is. I'm amazed at complaints like this but can be sure that if Hibs hadn't done this there would have been complaints about that too and our team for next season would have been worse than this season!

Greenheart
26-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Its a bit mental eh !

Folk who are so committed to the cause that they would in effect fork out £300 + for a ticket for one match. But wouldnt pay the same to watch 19 matches ........... now thats a paradox.

FWIW ........ Anybody who thinks Hibs should have stood back and not taken advantage of this situation can never have run a business. Its not as if the club are asking folk to pay £300 for a cup final ticket. As I said, they are selling 19 matches ...... 19 chances to watch the mighty Hibees next season.

Now how can anybody who calls themselves a Hibby think thats a bad deal :devil:

Spot on

hibs0666
26-04-2012, 07:58 AM

Thought you were in Florida for the final and were looking for an Orlando sports bar in which to watch the game?

007 Mickey Weir
26-04-2012, 08:01 AM
If they've no interest in a ST for next season they should be leaving the final tickets for someone who is. I'm amazed at complaints like this but can be sure that if Hibs hadn't done this there would have been complaints about that too and our team for next season would have been worse than this season!

EXACTLY my feeling!

ST revenue will all go into the squad re-build in the summer! If we want to see players like McPake, Griffiths and GOC at ER next season we need the money!!

GGTTH!!!!!!!

Beefster
26-04-2012, 08:28 AM

Without being rude, I think you're telling fibs. I've been in two Hibs queues since Saturday and heard a few grumbles, including from me (****ing fill the ST or cup final forms in before you join the queue for example), but didn't hear anyone claiming to be getting ripped off.

Saying folk were moaning about having to buy an ST suits your agenda though.

lyonhibs
26-04-2012, 08:33 AM
:faf::faf: :agree: Nobody is forcing anyone to buy a season ticket, in fact if you can tie your shoe laces you can find tickets for the final online for much cheaper than the price of a season ticket. :confused:

Exactly. There are plenty of companies that will gleefully charge you less than the price of a ST for this one game. Heck, you'll even get a glass of Champers on arrival, or some similar cack like that.

They'll end up with a SC Final ticket and a ST for next season. If we win the SC and build with the revenue that gives us, next season could be one of the greatest in our history.

Pre-emptively, I know Petrie is a money-grabbing bassa with no interest in the football side of things.............. :rolleyes:

Ritchie
26-04-2012, 08:37 AM
the only thing that would make me want to renew my season ticket next season is if there was a major league reconstruction over the summer. Even if they handed me a ST for free, i'd not use it. Been a season ticket holder for 15 years now and i've never hesitated about renewing no matter how bad we are in the past.... but its not hibs thats the problem, its Scottish Football in general.

i've had enough... i'll take my one ticket thanks, no need for 2.

JimBHibees
26-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Thought you were in Florida for the final and were looking for an Orlando sports bar in which to watch the game?

He was prob in the queue at the Bus shelter. :greengrin

greenlex
26-04-2012, 09:19 AM
I suspect he wears slip ons.

Bob Box Fish
26-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Anyone have any idea how many season tickets have been sold since we got in the final? Lassie behind me in the queue asked for 15 Season ticket application forms just to guarantee a ticket for the final :flag:

I would imagine before the cup final hysteria that around 5000k max would have been a realistic target giving what has been on offer over the last few years at ER / KO times etc.

With the cup final etc I would imagine this may increase to around 7.5k as per last season as more people will renew / a few new season tickets. If it is anymore than that then I would be shocked.

If we win the cup then a few more might renew / new ST holders if we bring in a better standard of player than is on offer at the min.

The best total season tickets sold tally including half ST's was 12k in the Mowbray era. If sales are going well Hibs always disclose progress. Like in recent years when sales have declined there has been no official club announcement on figures.

staunchhibby
26-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Where do all the supposed supporters go when we are playing rubbish.They have suddenly appeared when a cup final is on the horizon.The true supporters have stuck through the bad times and should be rewarded.

iwasthere1972
26-04-2012, 09:40 AM

Or two games if you include next season's SC final when we defend our cup and 2012/13 season ticket holders will be guaranteed a cup final ticket.

Mikey
26-04-2012, 09:40 AM
I don't believe you.

I agree. He's clearly developed a hatred for Hibs and doesn't miss a chance to have a go at the club.

Onion
26-04-2012, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE=hibs0666;3197413]Thought you were in Florida for the final and were looking for an Orlando sports bar in which to watch the game?[/QUOTE

Thanks for remembering ! For what its worth, I was queing to renew my ST for next season, against my own better judgement, and not for a cup final ticket either. I'm a longstanding Hibs supporter who has followed the club through thick and lots of thin but like many others, dismayed at many of the things the current Board has done over the last 5 years. Gladly, I've more important things to do in life than carry "agendas" or come on here with lies. The personal accusations are uncalled for. Don't like the message? Fine, you'll get over it.

hibs0666
26-04-2012, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=hibs0666;3197413]Thought you were in Florida for the final and were looking for an Orlando sports bar in which to watch the game?[/QUOTE

Thanks for remembering ! For what its worth, I was queing to renew my ST for next season, against my own better judgement, and not for a cup final ticket either. I'm a longstanding Hibs supporter who has followed the club through thick and lots of thin but like many others, dismayed at many of the things the current Board has done over the last 5 years. Gladly, I've more important things to do in life than carry "agendas" or come on here with lies. The personal accusations are uncalled for. Don't like the message? Fine, you'll get over it.

Good effort. If I was in your shoes I would have left the renewal until after the final tickets have been distributed as it would probably be very busy down there at the moment, but each to their own.

Seeing as you're not using the final tickets to which you are entitled there's a fair few here that would be more than happy to take them off your hands! :thumbsup:

Beefster
26-04-2012, 10:20 AM
I would imagine before the cup final hysteria that around 5000k max would have been a realistic target giving what has been on offer over the last few years at ER / KO times etc

If Hibs ever sell that many STs, I suspect we might need to find some more seats....!

LeithBoozy
26-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Where do all the supposed supporters go when we are playing rubbish.They have suddenly appeared when a cup final is on the horizon.The true supporters have stuck through the bad times and should be rewarded. You are bang-on mate, where do they go to?. I'm wondering also where all the guys who have been telling us all season on here, just how glad they were that they had not renewed have gone ? Maybe they have all gone to the same place, oh and there was no moaning going-on when I was in either. :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
26-04-2012, 11:48 AM
.The true supporters have stuck through the bad times and should be rewarded.

They are being rewarded. :confused:

DH1875
26-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Anyone know if you can cancel your ST and get a refund if you don't get a cup final ticket.

lyonhibs
26-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Anyone know if you can cancel your ST and get a refund if you don't get a cup final ticket.

I do hope you're on a fishing excursion with that one...................

FranckSuzy
26-04-2012, 07:06 PM

Why would you NOT get one? :confused:

hibee_nation
26-04-2012, 07:18 PM

Maybe it is part of his bail conditions, only joking don't bite ma ear aff :greengrin

FranckSuzy
26-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Maybe it is part of his bail conditions, only joking don't bite ma ear aff :greengrin

More like the section he's under :crazy: :greengrin

DH1875
27-04-2012, 04:52 PM
I do hope you're on a fishing excursion with that one...................

Was a serious question :confused:. I'm heading through next week to buy a new ST and claim my cup final ticket. I can't really afford it and it's causing all sorts of grief with the Mrs. I'll be lucky to make it to more than 5/6 home games next season but as it's realistically my only way of getting a ticket, I'm no missing out.
So yeh, does anyone know if you can cancel your ST and get your money back if you don't get a ticket for the final.

TamHibs
27-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Was a serious question :confused:. I'm heading through next week to buy a new ST and claim my cup final ticket. I can't really afford it and it's causing all sorts of grief with the Mrs. I'll be lucky to make it to more than 5/6 home games next season but as it's realistically my only way of getting a ticket, I'm no missing out.
So yeh, does anyone know if you can cancel your ST and get your money back if you don't get a ticket for the final.

In a word no.

You could cancel the DD if your currently on the payment plan which will affect your credit rating. If your not on the PP then you'll have to pay upfront anyway.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fqoazk

CallumLaidlaw
27-04-2012, 05:47 PM

But why would you not get a final ticket if that's what you're buying the ST for?

Franck Stanton
27-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Where do all the supposed supporters go when we are playing rubbish.They have suddenly appeared when a cup final is on the horizon.The true supporters have stuck through the bad times and should be rewarded.

Nail - Head mate. It's the same team/players who have been there since Jan window, where were all the "Glory Hunters" [ because thats exactly what they are], that are now crying out for a Cup Final ticket and are slating the Club for the manner in which they are distributing them. The guys/gals that have been there all season, through thick and thin DESERVE their ticket[s]. So, bottom line, if you want a CF ticket, get along to the Club, buy a season ticket for next year, go on - you know it makes sense.

DH1875
27-04-2012, 06:05 PM
But why would you not get a final ticket if that's what you're buying the ST for?

I'm just double checking :greengrin. It's a lot of money for me to be departing with at the mo :boo hoo:.

tamig
27-04-2012, 06:05 PM
In a word no.

You could cancel the DD if your currently on the payment plan which will affect your credit rating. If your not on the PP then you'll have to pay upfront anyway.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fqoazk

And he's missed the payment plan boat now anyway so no chance of a refund if paying up front.

SquashedFrogg
27-04-2012, 06:13 PM

Interested to know your age Staunchy?

Many of us have endured years of rubbish whilst owning a ST.

My only advice to you would be using the term 'true supporters'. Many people, and I include myself in this group, have spent countless Saturdays trudging back from ER wondering why we owned a season ticket in years gone by. I've not had a season for the last 3 years but had one 15 prior to that.

Please confirm what kind of supporter I am?

SquashedFrogg
27-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Nail - Head mate. It's the same team/players who have been there since Jan window, where were all the "Glory Hunters" [ because thats exactly what they are], that are now crying out for a Cup Final ticket and are slating the Club for the manner in which they are distributing them. The guys/gals that have been there all season, through thick and thin DESERVE their ticket[s]. So, bottom line, if you want a CF ticket, get along to the Club, buy a season ticket for next year, go on - you know it makes sense.

:agree:

Agree with last bit. No point in people moaning as the ones who forked for a ST under CC deserve this opportunity 100%. I take my hat off to them :top marks

In the meantime, I've been down and bought me and the wee boy a ST for next season.

Billy Whizz
20-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Someone said to me today that we have 12,000 season ticket holders for next season on the back of the Cup Final. Don't know how wide of the mark this is. If its true it's the only positive on reaching the Final?

Westie1875
20-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Someone said to me today that we have 12,000 season ticket holders for next season on the back of the Cup Final. Don't know how wide of the mark this is. If its true it's the only positive on reaching the Final?

I doubt it, think if it were even as high as 10k the club would have stated this as a good news story.

Sprouleflyer
20-05-2012, 04:10 PM

What ever the number, Petrie has to back Fenlon with funds to get a better quality of player in for next season.

Golden Bear
20-05-2012, 04:13 PM

Let's say I'm hoping that is true but I'd find it very surprising if it was. I know a couple of season ticket holders who were holding back to see what happened yesterday --------- they'll not be renewing.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 04:16 PM
If we can hit the 9k mark I'd say that was doing well.

Without the cup final run, sales could have been disastrous.

Billy Whizz
20-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Let's say I'm hoping that is true but I'd find it very surprising if it was. I know a couple of season ticket holders who were holding back to see what happened yesterday --------- they'll not be renewing.

I haven't seen anything from Hibs. It was someone who works in Youth Football who I respect and doesn't usually make up stories. Time will only tell

DH1875
20-05-2012, 04:21 PM
I've heard it's closer to the 10k mark but hey, even that's some going. I've bought one for next season so they better get the finger out. Can't believe I'm gonna spend another season following that dross but hey-ho, needs must.

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 04:23 PM
I have no idea how to figure out how much money that means since the pricing is all over the place. Ranges from FREE to 430 quid and varies by location and age. But let's say the average is 200 per seat.

8,000 = 1.6 million
10,000 = 2 million
12,000 = 2.4 million

If all the money goes towards signings then that's a decent chunk of change. Not sure if wages come out of that as well but I assume they do.

Mikeystewart
20-05-2012, 04:28 PM
I have no idea how to figure out how much money that means since the pricing is all over the place. Ranges from FREE to 430 quid and varies by location and age. But let's say the average is 200 per seat.

8,000 = 1.6 million
10,000 = 2 million
12,000 = 2.4 million

If all the money goes towards signings then that's a decent chunk of change. Not sure if wages come out of that as well but I assume they do.

I think season ticket money covers wages too, I might be wrong. Meaning there would be maybe 1 million left to spend at the very most.

Mikey_1875
20-05-2012, 04:29 PM
£300 on average for a season ticket. Say we sold 2000 ST since the final was announced. Does that mean there will be a minimum of 600,000 for Fenlon to spend in this window?

bingo70
20-05-2012, 04:32 PM
£300 on average for a season ticket. Say we sold 2000 ST since the final was announced. Does that mean there will be a minimum of 600,000 for Fenlon to spend in this window?

That includes wages and with the amount of players we need that's not a lot

Billy Whizz
20-05-2012, 04:33 PM
That includes wages and with the amount of players we need that's not a lot

I thought all season ticket money was ring fenced for the player pool?

Sir David Gray
20-05-2012, 04:36 PM
We may have 12,000 season ticket holders but unless things improve dramatically, we'll be looking at a regular attendance of around half that number next season.

snooky
20-05-2012, 04:43 PM
We may have 12,000 season ticket holders but unless things improve dramatically, we'll be looking at a regular attendance of around half that number next season.

And you can add to that the fans that will quit Scottish football if RFC are in the SPL next season.

Methinks (re our Scottish game) we are watching death by a thousand cuts.

NW
21-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Any idea how many we sold?
Ticket office seemed to suggest a large increase for Final tickets.

Say 10,000
Ave £300

£3,000,000

That is just short of £58k per week for contract.

6 players on 4k per week is £24k
10 players on 2.5k per week is £25k
rest youth players

That must allow us to attract better quality or it that too simple

Hibby Kay-Yay
21-05-2012, 12:24 PM

Say 10,000
Ave £300

£3,000,000

rest youth players

Think it's over 11,000 that we've sold

:pfgwa

Albion Hibs
21-05-2012, 12:30 PM
I was told it was just over 10,000. Not bad considering so I guess the cup was a saving grace in many respects...although that feels a little ironic.

I would suspect that management salaries and perhaps even pensions need to be considered in these figures, but generally I would be hoping that there was an overall increase in what we could spend. Bottom line is they need to spend it on the right players.

DH1875
21-05-2012, 12:34 PM

Say 10,000
Ave £300

£3,000,000

rest youth players

It doesn't work like that though. Your forgetting Pat and all his backroom staff. You have the staff that work in the offices, ticket office/shop. Then you've got things like the police/stewards that need paying. Add in things like gas and electricity for under ground heating and floodlights. This is all before you even look at the cost to up keep the stadium and training centre.
I think I read somewhere that Rod no longer takes a wage but how much are the others making a week/year?

Thecat23
21-05-2012, 12:39 PM
It doesn't work like that though. Your forgetting Pat and all his backroom staff. You have the staff that work in the offices, ticket office/shop. Then you've got things like the police/stewards that need paying. Add in things like gas and electricity for under ground heating and floodlights. This is all before you even look at the cost to up keep the stadium and training centre.
I think I read somewhere that Rod no longer takes a wage but how much are the others making a week/year?

All those things you just added in there are already accounted for. That money we have from the run should go on players all of it. Not sure who told you Rod doesn't get a wage but that's untrue. Rod Peteie does not just work for free because of his love for Hibs. Honestly some of the stuff you read on here beggars belief. That's not a dig at you btw just saying some folk will dig their heels in so hard to protect our precious Rod.

SquashedFrogg
21-05-2012, 12:42 PM
All those things you just added in there are already accounted for. That money we have from the run should go on players all of it. Not sure who told you Rod doesn't get a wage but that's untrue. Rod Peteie does not just work for free because of his love for Hibs. Honestly some of the stuff you read on here beggars belief. That's not a dig at you btw just saying some folk will dig their heels in so hard to protect our precious Rod.

Who would work for free? I'd be astonished if he did his work for nothing. :confused:

Gez1875
21-05-2012, 01:56 PM

Say 10,000
Ave £300

£3,000,000

rest youth players

58k a week, for a squad of 22 is 1,276,000 a week!

Postman
21-05-2012, 02:51 PM
58k a week, for a squad of 22 is 1,276,000 a week!

No its not, its £3,016,000 a year!

Gez1875
21-05-2012, 02:54 PM
No its not, its £3,016,000 a year!

its was 58k a week per contract

Gez1875
21-05-2012, 02:54 PM
its was 58k a week per contract

ahhh he possibly did mean in total,

Joy Zipper
21-05-2012, 02:56 PM
What about employers National Insurance? Currently about 12% iirc. Are you suggesting that we do a Rangers and not pay HMRC?

Mikey
21-05-2012, 02:57 PM
The number I've heard is a wee bit over 11,000. Can't confirm it but it's probably right.

One thing's for sure and that's that PF's got a decent budget to play with, probably only second best to Celtic's this summer. Unfortunately, agents know that too!

DH1875
21-05-2012, 03:19 PM

So where does that all come from then :confused:

Who would work for free? I'd be astonished if he did his work for nothing. :confused:

I knew I didn't make it up. It was in the report from our last AGM. Can anyone verify if this is true? Here's the paragraph from the report;

Supporters the questioned the board upon their own remuneration and it was brought the attention of all attending the Rod Petrie’s salary decreased to 75k last year and has, this year, decreased to NIL. Rod Petrie as it stands takes nothing, financial, out of the club.

Rod Petrie: ‘Directors have to lead from the front when cost cutting’

The formal part of the AGM was finalised and the accounts were passed.

Beefster
21-05-2012, 03:27 PM

All ST money goes on the team.

VickMackie
21-05-2012, 03:29 PM
The number I've heard is a wee bit over 11,000. Can't confirm it but it's probably right.

One thing's for sure and that's that PF's got a decent budget to play with, probably only second best to Celtic's this summer. Unfortunately, agents know that too!

This might be a bit simple as it excludes walkup prices but....

The average price this season was £13 per ticket. 19 home games. Therefore, 19*13 = 247.

11,000 STs * 247 (average ST price) = 2,717,000.

I assume a lot of walkups bought ST's this year so we can't count on that as much. Say 500 walkups each game at £13 again.

19 * 13 = 247. 247 *500 = 123,500

In total 2,840,500

Our wage bill was about 3.9 million last year, including all staff. Seems we've still got a gap to fill.

Beefster
21-05-2012, 03:30 PM

The average price this season was £13 per ticket. 19 home games. Therefore, 19*13 = 247.

I assume a lot of walkups bought ST's this year so we can't count on that as much. Say 500 walkups each game at £13 again.

In total 2,840,500

Our wage bill was about 3.9 million last year, including all staff. Seems we've still got a gap to fill.

TV, sponsorship, prize money, cup runs, away fans etc etc.

GreenPJ
21-05-2012, 03:39 PM

In total 2,840,500

Whilst there may (or may not) be a gap, the difference is with season tickets its a known source of revenue with it being paid up front in the main.

Billy Whizz
21-05-2012, 03:41 PM
What was our ave attendance this season. Surely with approx 3,000 plus additional season ticket holders for next season we have a lot more revenue to play with?
And if we get a decent team on the park we will get more walk up fans

VickMackie
21-05-2012, 04:07 PM
TV, sponsorship, prize money, cup runs, away fans etc etc.

Good point on away fans, I haadn't considered them as ticket income.

Whilst there may (or may not) be a gap, the difference is with season tickets its a known source of revenue with it being paid up front in the main.

The gap will/can certainly be filled but we could still reduce the playing budget even with increased season ticket sales.

I was just illustrating that there is still a huge gap in spending and what we get in STs. With 1 million loss last year we may be able to break even this year with the cup run and other income.

DH1875
21-05-2012, 04:30 PM
The good thing about selling all those ST's though is that we shouldn't have to wait till August before we get the new players on board. With the money in the bank we should be able to go get all our targets as soon as the window opens.

I'm NO holding my breath though.

Golden Bear
21-05-2012, 04:40 PM
The good thing about selling all those ST's though is that we shouldn't have to wait till August before we get the new players on board. With the money in the bank we should be able to go get all our targets as soon as the window opens.

I'm NO holding my breath though.

Aye we've got the whole saga of the transfer window opening, , players on holiday, Managers on holiday, European Championship etc etc etc. We might just get another loanee on board by the 1st August.

:wink:

Westie1875
21-05-2012, 05:08 PM

11k, really?

I struggle to believe that it is as high as that as the club would be shouting it from the rooftops if it was IMO.

Mikey
21-05-2012, 05:09 PM
11k, really?

I struggle to believe that it is as high as that as the club would be shouting it from the rooftops if it was IMO.

Why would they do that?

Westie1875
21-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Why would they do that?

Because it would be much higher than it was this season and therefore a positive news story. They used to tell us ST numbers when they were high but stopped doing it when they started dipping a few years ago, if they'd gone back up to that number I reckon we would have heard from Hibs officially about it.

007 Mickey Weir
21-05-2012, 05:34 PM

In total 2,840,500

We were £1million down but surely the cup run and final have made up for that. Also season ticket renewals last year were cheaper. Moved up to £405 this year. Throw in the various players leaving under freedom of contract and end of loans we really should have a much higher transfer/wage budget NOW to go and improve the team. only Celtic should be able to outbid us on wage levels.

This year all STs paid for up front. Extra 3000 compared to last year. And a very small playing squad to start with.

We must have at least £1million more than we did last year at this point even taking in the loss.

silverhibee
21-05-2012, 11:33 PM
As it says, does anyone know roughly how many ST were sold before the cup final, as i just can't see anyone renewing now for next season. ?

Will the club announce how many we have sold so we have a rough idea what kind of budget the manager will have to spend over the summer, i also think all money made from our SC run should also be given to the manager as an added bonus to get some quality players back in to ER, anyone know how much we made from our SC run, TV rights etc.

Mibbes Aye
21-05-2012, 11:45 PM
As it says, does anyone know roughly how many ST were sold before the cup final, as i just can't see anyone renewing now for next season. ?

Will the club announce how many we have sold so we have a rough idea what kind of budget the manager will have to spend over the summer, i also think all money made from our SC run should also be given to the manager as an added bonus to get some quality players back in to ER, anyone know how much we made from our SC run, TV rights etc.

If announcing the ST sales means we have a rough idea what kind of budget our manager has, then so will every player, agent and manager we're negotiating with.

Can you see the flaw?

silverhibee
22-05-2012, 12:50 AM
If announcing the ST sales means we have a rough idea what kind of budget our manager has, then so will every player, agent and manager we're negotiating with.

Can you see the flaw?

Yes i can, but you haggle. :aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
22-05-2012, 05:02 AM

scoopyboy
22-05-2012, 05:44 AM

Hope I'm wrong Silv but I have a hunch the Cup Final run which I estimate will have made us in the region of £1.2 million to £1.5 million will be used to offset the loss incurred over the season.

theonlywayisup
22-05-2012, 06:27 AM
More to the point, if we have another season similar to the one just finished, how many would we have for season 2013/14. This is my 10th year as a Season Ticket holder, but I will not put up with it any longer!

HH81
22-05-2012, 06:31 AM
I don't think anyone will really know for sure, all guess work.

The only way we would know is if the club came out and said we have sold this many .......... and thanked the fans, doubt it would happen though. :wink:

Mibbes Aye
22-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Yes i can, but you haggle. :aok:

We'll be haggling anyway.

Far better to do it from a position of strength i.e. a position where the Allan Prestons of this world don't know what's in our pot.

Sudds_1
22-05-2012, 09:10 AM
What about employers National Insurance? Currently about 12% iirc. Are you suggesting that we do a Rangers and not pay HMRC?

why not? they appear to be getting away with it. :rolleyes:

silverhibee
22-05-2012, 10:41 AM

Are you saying all of the above has to be paid from money taken in from ST sale's. :aok:

Chuck Rhoades
22-05-2012, 12:13 PM
I don't believe we have sold over 10k, never mind 11k. Previously the club have announced when they 'smashed' the 10k barrier. They would have done the same on this occassion.

11k would possibly challange for the record of ST we have sold?

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 12:28 PM
I don't believe we have sold over 10k, never mind 11k. Previously the club have announced when they 'smashed' the 10k barrier. They would have done the same on this occassion.

11k would possibly challange for the record of ST we have sold?

What were the ticketing systems like for previous cup finals like?

Golden Bear
22-05-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm obviously out of touch, but it astounds me that fans would buy a season ticket for next season in order to ensure that they got a cup final ticket!

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm obviously out of touch, but it astounds me that fans would buy a season ticket for next season in order to ensure that they got a cup final ticket!

Remember that a lot of them would be undecided or on the verge of buying one anyway. And the Final made their minds up for them when they otherwise would have passed.

DH1875
22-05-2012, 12:50 PM

That's what I done :agree:.

Golden Bear
22-05-2012, 12:55 PM
That's what I done :agree:.

I'm impressed!

Us gadgies who "invested" in a Membership certainly got our moneys worth but I'll not mention that as there will be hundreds of irate netters lining up to have a go.

:wink:

KdyHby
22-05-2012, 04:16 PM
but I will not put up with it any longer!

I've reached this point, and will not being renewing. Feel the p1ss has been taken for too long. Motherwell seasons for the coming season are £270 adult, Dundee United's £299, St Mirren's £295. nuff said.