PDA

View Full Version : Speak Up Rodders!

smurf
21-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Something like....

As chairman of our club I wish to express my appreciation for the tremendous support given by our supporters through this very tough season. Compounded of course by the result on Saturday.

No words can express the disappointment that we all feel. Our manager has highlighted and rightly apologised for our team simply not turning up on the day. I echo that apology too. And furthermore I reiterate my previous apology, for how the season just ended unfolded.

Mistakes were made and we recognise that. I firmly believe however that the 'road to recovery' started with the appointment of Pat Fenlon last November. His remit was to ensure our SPL survival. That he did. However, I recognise as does everyone at your club, that just ensuring SPL survival is simply not good enough for this club. Our underachieving within the SPL has gone on too long.

As such there will be no holidays this close season. Our executive board will work tirelessly this summer with Pat Fenlon and his coaching staff, to enure that the influx of personnel arriving at our club, will be fit for the purpose of achieving our stated objectives a club of our standing should be at.

Nothing can be guaranteed of course, but never again, do we want to be in a position where application, can rightly be questioned in any Hibernian fixture, let aside a momentous and historic cup final.

That process begun today with new club captain James McPake putting pen to paper on a five year deal following successful negotiations with Coventry City.

We thank you for your continued remarkable support and loyalty.

Now to work....

Rod Petrie. Chairman.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-05-2012, 12:28 PM
I don't know what we should be hearing from the upper echelons of the club, but, we need to hear something, the silence is deafening!

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I don't know what we should be hearing from the upper echelons of the club, but, we need to hear something, the silence is deafening!

Agreed, especially at a time that they want more open and frank communications with supporter's.....

Frazerbob
21-05-2012, 12:32 PM
In the build up to the final, Rod changed his habbits of a lifetime and became a bit of a media whore. Statements about sporting integrity and radio appearances about the cup final where definately not his usual form. I would like to think he won't just crawl back under his stone now. We need to hear from our leader!

TheEastTerrace
21-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Silence is deafening indeed. Given the magnitude of the defeat, surely it was not out of the realms of possibility to convene first thing yesterday and draft/issue a statement on behalf of the club that both apologised for the most shameful 90 minutes in the club's history and thanked the fans for their support. It might at least show that someone at the club gives a flying monkeys. I contacted the club on Saturday night about this - no reply. Shocking.

Sir David Gray
21-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Although I'm not interested in the slightest in getting an apology, I would be shocked if our chairman allowed a hammering from our neighbours in the biggest match in the club's history to pass without any comment whatsoever.

WHUHibs
21-05-2012, 12:37 PM
The PR stinks, the current incumbent Forsyth just takes money and should be doing something to protect the image nd provide advice, in my opinion he doesn't!!!! I did offer to help through my business but they would rather stick with the old school,,,,

truehibernian
21-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Preperations for Season 2012/13 started as of final whistle Sat 19th as far as I'm concerned. I want Rod to be totally up front, provide us with numbers of season ticket holders for next season, and a strategy on the football front. I want this from Pat too. This week preferably. I want to hear battlecries.

But........he won't do that. There are too many educated Hibs fans that would do the sums, work out possible budgets, and that wouldn't provide Rod with his financial shield.

I may ask Brian Houston though.....now that he's on the Board !

So speak up Rod, before we find out via other sources my man !

HibeesLA
21-05-2012, 12:39 PM
The PR stinks, the current incumbent Forsyth just takes money and should be doing something to protect the image nd provide advice, in my opinion he doesn't!!!! I did offer to help through my business but they would rather stick with the old school,,,,

Wasn't he leaving at the end of the season? Surely that means he's packed his bags and walked out the door today.

Sammy7nil
21-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Even though the Jambo's won the cup and many other trophies have been lost, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend Hibernian honour,whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
We will fight at ER, the pink bus shelter and around SPL grounds
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, Hibernian fail to improve and win trophies our fans, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, Hibernian win the Scottish Cup.

Sammy7WinstonChurchhillNil :cb:cb:cb

bingo70
21-05-2012, 12:42 PM
It's a tough one for him, I've no interest in hearing apologies or how hard we're going to work, how it'll all be different in the future if we buy st's bla bla bla, I just want to see action and things happen.
That said though, silence is not the answer, we need to hear something, quite what though I don't know.

TheEastTerrace
21-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Although I'm not interested in the slightest in getting an apology, I would be shocked if our chairman allowed a hammering from our neighbours in the biggest match in the club's history to pass without any comment whatsoever.

Sure, but it would at least show to the fans that there is remorse for putting us through the most agonising 90 minutes EVER.

There could be actions being taken behind the scenes as we speak I suppose but we're now getting on for 48 hours after the game and no peep from Hibs whatsoever.

johnrebus
21-05-2012, 12:47 PM
It's a tough one for him, I've no interest in hearing apologies or how hard we're going to work, how it'll all be different in the future if we buy st's bla bla bla, I just want to see action and things happen.
That said though, silence is not the answer, we need to hear something, quite what though I don't know.

He could start by demanding an SFA enquiry into the selection of Craig Thomson as referee and his subsequent perfomance.

But he won't. The Hibs way is to bend over and just take it.

:fuming:

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Wasn't he leaving at the end of the season? Surely that means he's packed his bags and walked out the door today.

David Forsyth is the Hibs PR man, he will be getting more involved in communications, fans forums etc, now that Fife Hyland is moving on....

1875 NO 1
21-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Something like....

As chairman of our club I wish to express my appreciation for the tremendous support given by our supporters through this very tough season. Compounded of course by the result on Saturday.

No words can express the disappointment that we all feel. Our manager has highlighted and rightly apologised for our team simply not turning up on the day. I echo that apology too. And furthermore I reiterate my previous apology, for how the season just ended unfolded.

Mistakes were made and we recognise that. I firmly believe however that the 'road to recovery' started with the appointment of Pat Fenlon last November. His remit was to ensure our SPL survival. That he did. However, I recognise as does everyone at your club, that just ensuring SPL survival is simply not good enough for this club. Our underachieving within the SPL has gone on too long.

As such there will be no holidays this close season. Our executive board will work tirelessly this summer with Pat Fenlon and his coaching staff, to enure that the influx of personnel arriving at our club, will be fit for the purpose of achieving our stated objectives a club of our standing should be at.

Nothing can be guaranteed of course, but never again, do we want to be in a position where application, can rightly be questioned in any Hibernian fixture, let aside a momentous and historic cup final.

That process begun today with new club captain James McPake putting pen to paper on a five year deal following successful negotiations with Coventry City.

We thank you for your continued remarkable support and loyalty.

Now to work....

Rod Petrie. Chairman.
I suspect he'll have his SFA blazer on and be heading out to the USA.

As a starter for ten, there should have been a list of players on the web site who have been freed

Also, if they don,t know who they want to sign. Then that is worrying. It shouldn't take all summerm

Deals could have been done. McKpake gave Hibs until cup final to do a deal. After that point then he would speak to other teams.

Petrie actions speak louder than words.

Onion
21-05-2012, 01:09 PM

On his watch as well. I would like to think he is still in shock and too ashamed to speak at the moment, but more likely he's sitting in a darkened room with a visor on counting the proceeds from that shameful game :rolleyes:

1875 NO 1
21-05-2012, 01:16 PM
David Forsyth is the Hibs PR man, he will be getting more involved in communications, fans forums etc, now that Fife Hyland is moving on....

Forsyth has been at Hibs for about 15 years. PR has been junk

silverhibee
21-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Sure, but it would at least show to the fans that there is remorse for putting us through the most agonising 90 minutes EVER.

There could be actions being taken behind the scenes as we speak I suppose but we're now getting on for 48 hours after the game and no peep from Hibs whatsoever.

Everyone will be on holiday so i doubt we will hear anything. :rolleyes:

BoltonHibee
21-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Everyone will be on holiday so i doubt we will hear anything. :rolleyes:

I don't want to hear another word out of that clowns mouth

Ozyhibby
21-05-2012, 02:40 PM
I expected at least a list (a long one) of players who's contracts were not being renewed and thanking them for there work.
Could it be that it is Fenlon's position that is most at stake?

dp00
21-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Club is closed today

Fenlon will be here next season... with a very different squad

pentlando
21-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Or they haven't sat down together and decided who is staying or leaving. That can only be done once the budget is finalised. Had we won on Saturday the budget would have been significantly increased so made sense to leave playing staff renewals till after the game. One or two may now have played their way out of being offered a new deal. Don't expect much news until the end of the week at the earliest.

easty
21-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Steady yourself Ozy. There is going to be a clearout and Fenlon is going to build a new team with whatever resources he can squeeze out of the tache.

Fenlon spoke the truth after then game, in the heat of the moment, the club is full of the wrong type of players and he's going to change that (hopefully). There's nae need for the club to say anything today.

No matter what anyone thinks, there's nowt the club could say that would make Saturdays result stop hurting.

smurf
21-05-2012, 02:45 PM
A few words now on official site.

smurf
21-05-2012, 02:45 PM

matty_f
21-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Think that says all that needs said officially at the moment.

PaulSmith
21-05-2012, 02:51 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120521/thanks-to-supporters_2262950_2780174

c31
21-05-2012, 02:53 PM
They missed out the bit "We as a club were shocked by the referee decisions on Saturday and will insist of a full and transparent enquiry as to why this referee was give this game knowing his history and his affections towards our opponents." but Hibs as ever will just bend over and let anyone shaft them.

SneakersO'Toole
21-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Surprisingly but welcome all the same.

Now though, we need ACTION.

Ozyhibby
21-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Difficult to prove the ref at fault when he only made a fraction of the mistakes each and everyone of our players made.

3pm
21-05-2012, 02:58 PM
I know the words are well intended but I want to see action. Token gesture stuff.

BoltonHibee
21-05-2012, 03:00 PM
I know the words are well intended but I want to see action. Token gesture stuff.

Yep, enough of the crap they peddle out...lets see some action!

Sir David Gray
21-05-2012, 03:03 PM
I think that statement is enough for now. It identifies the urgent need to improve the squad for next season and hopefully they'll start that task today and won't stop until August 31st.

The time for action is now - no more words.

Benny Brazil
21-05-2012, 03:07 PM

Give them a chance - they had to say something so for me the statement is sufficient for now.
However if what has been said about McPake is true and happens this week - then we can start the Petrie/Farmer/Lindsay witch hunt.

Malonga's Cat
21-05-2012, 03:19 PM
A fair statement by the club. This part...
"The Board and Manager recognise that the nature of Saturday's defeat reinforces the scale of the task that faces us in rebuilding the squad in preparation for next season."... fills me with some hope.

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-05-2012, 03:30 PM

File under "the usual cliches"...yawn

But in truth there's nowt much more they can say at the moment, we were the only Hibees that turned up on Saturday.

I expect (but won't get) something on the lines on a mass clearout of players that are not fit to wear the Hibernian jersey.

Don't hold your breath...:rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
21-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Not a lot the club can do for next season just yet as everything winds down and the transfer window remains closed (I think).

But we must, must do business early this year and get a core squad in place for early pre season training and games.

An announcement we had signed McPake permanently in the next week or so would be a good start.

Big job to get the fans back onside.

Saorsa
21-05-2012, 03:34 PM
A fair statement by the club. This part...
"The Board and Manager recognise that the nature of Saturday's defeat reinforces the scale of the task that faces us in rebuilding the squad in preparation for next season."... fills me with some hope.
The scale of the task has been obvious at the start of the previous two seasons and we have gone naewhere except back, for me actions will speak louder than words, until I see that action I will have precisely the same hope I had at the start of the last two seasons, very little.

TheEastTerrace
21-05-2012, 03:34 PM

I think it's more than than 'rebuilding the squad', more like rebuilding the club.

At least we finally got something out of the club.

VickMackie
21-05-2012, 03:42 PM
They missed out the bit "We as a club were shocked by the referee decisions on Saturday and will insist of a full and transparent enquiry as to why this referee was give this game knowing his history and his affections towards our opponents." but Hibs as ever will just bend over and let anyone shaft them.

We all know we were cheated with the penalty.

The club are dignified in not acting like those **** Celtic that caused a ref strike. It would have been good to have one or two lines in there about the penalty but I'm sure it will have been raised somewhere.

RP has been saying all the right things lately so he knows the fan feeling.

Green Man
21-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I'd like to see a statement from at least one of the players explaining what they're going to do to make it up to us.

Stantons Angel
21-05-2012, 03:44 PM
For goodness sake cant you have any patience at all?

Sure we are all hurting and will do for a while. But the club is hurting both shamefully and financially. Give them a chance to act once they have got together their options.

Over the past few seasons we have chopped and changed managers in a way we as a club and supporters are not used to. We cannot continue doing this so we must consolidate and restructure the playing staff. Introducing QUALITY players to the club at this time will be difficult as the media has much documented our state of play and league position.

Fenlon told you his first task was to keep us in the Premier League and he has. If anyone had told you in January Hibs would have been in the Scottish Cup Final you would have thought them daft, wouldnt you. But he got us there and made players out of a rag a muffin side!

The season has just ended on the lowest ebb i have known in many years supporting the team. You have to give the club time to lick its wounds, so to speak.

Hibs are like that phoenix of old.... They WILL rise again and we need to be there to support them, not continually looking for something to complain about.

Go away and have your time in peace and come back batteries charged and get behind them again.

fit o' the walk
21-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Did anyone see our esteemed owner there,either in person or on tv? :confused:

silverhibee
21-05-2012, 03:46 PM

A we thanks to the supporters and sec43, soft as s**t is our board. They just don't get it do they.

pentlando
21-05-2012, 03:46 PM

Are we still blaming the referee for Saturday :rolleyes:

PeeJay
21-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Personally I think the statement is extremely weak - OK it covers all the bases, but that does not demonstrate to me that any real change in mindset is afoot at ER. The club's site could have had some message from the captain or Fenlon or any of the Hibs players on the Hibs TV site or on the official site - but there is nothing.

We just lost 5-1 to Hearts in a Scottish Cup Final and it seems to me that everyone is hiding at the club - this statement doesn't paper over even the smallest of cracks at the club. It's half-heartedly stuck up there on the site to placate fans, hoping we'll all be quiet...

.... maybe it's just me but this statment demonstrates our lack of professionalism at the club coupled with a distinct lack of respect for the fans from the board, players, management and coaching staff ... if this is really the best they can muster after Saturday - we're "....dooomed".

silverhibee

Mikey
Did anyone see our esteemed owner there,either in person or on tv? :confused:

Aye, STF was there.

silverhibee
21-05-2012, 03:49 PM

We have been bombed out of the Family and are just supporters now.

Golden Bear
21-05-2012, 03:50 PM
For goodness sake cant you have any patience at all?

Sure we are all hurting and will do for a while. But the club is hurting both shamefully and financially. Give them a chance to act once they have got together their options.

Over the past few seasons we have chopped and changed managers in a way we as a club and supporters are not used to. We cannot continue doing this so we must consolidate and restructure the playing staff. Introducing QUALITY players to the club at this time will be difficult as the media has much documented our state of play and league position.

Fenlon told you his first task was to keep us in the Premier League and he has. If anyone had told you in January Hibs would have been in the Scottish Cup Final you would have thought them daft, wouldnt you. But he got us there and made players out of a rag a muffin side!

The season has just ended on the lowest ebb i have known in many years supporting the team. You have to give the club time to lick its wounds, so to speak.

Hibs are like that phoenix of old.... They WILL rise again and we need to be there to support them, not continually looking for something to complain about.

Go away and have your time in peace and come back batteries charged and get behind them again.

:agree:

The fact that the Club did well to get to the Final in the first place is almost incidental in view of the nature of the drubbing we got on Saturday.

Beefster
21-05-2012, 03:56 PM
I'd like to see a statement from at least one of the players explaining what they're going to do to make it up to us.

If they don't buy us all a cake from Greggs for the first home game of the season, they can **** right off.

Edit: And Kujabi can reimburse the v-buttons I spent backing those charlatans.

Saorsa
21-05-2012, 03:56 PM
I'd like to see a statement from at least one of the players explaining what they're going to do to make it up to us.Statements from players? We've had plenty of them already before that final, mostly wind and pish is what they turned out tae be. I'd like tae see players at this club starting tae dae their talking on the park and staying out of the press.

marinello59
21-05-2012, 04:00 PM
I have no interest in anything he has to say at this point. As Smurfs opening post demonstrated we could probably all write what we want him to say anyway. Anything he does say will just be ripped apart on here.
Pat Fenlon will have a fair idea of who he wants to sign. All I want him and the rest of the board to do is back the manager and get the deals done. And get them done sooner rather than later. Action, not words.

Hibiza
21-05-2012, 04:06 PM
How about , yet again we fail to deliver any tangible threat. our team is full of prima donnas . sorry we dont have a team as the quality of motherwell, st johnstone, etc etc

BEEJ
21-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I think this only goes to show that any statement from the club just now will not be well received.

I'm not sure what else they could have said at this juncture. Certainly nothing that will calm my sense of outrage.

Hibiza
21-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Once again we start a new season on the back foot, unless get some quality in. I'll save you the xmas time quotes. "players need time to gel"." we got a great stadium- will attract class ". "we got great training ground - will attract class". " We one of the biggest clubs in Scotland- attract class ". testicles. some class. yawn yawn.

snooky
21-05-2012, 04:31 PM

No, but when you catch bank robbers you don't let the getaway driver get off scot-free.

Paisley Hibby
21-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Personally I think the statement is extremely weak - OK it covers all the bases, but that does not demonstrate to me that any real change in mindset is afoot at ER. The club's site could have had some message from the captain or Fenlon or any of the Hibs players on the Hibs TV site or on the official site - but there is nothing.

We just lost 5-1 to Hearts in a Scottish Cup Final and it seems to me that everyone is hiding at the club - this statement doesn't paper over even the smallest of cracks at the club. It's half-heartedly stuck up there on the site to placate fans, hoping we'll all be quiet...

.... maybe it's just me but this statment demonstrates our lack of professionalism at the club coupled with a distinct lack of respect for the fans from the board, players, management and coaching staff ... if this is really the best they can muster after Saturday - we're "....dooomed".

I don't think it does. It should have explicitly apologised to us for the fact that the players didn't even put up a fight and, if the club could, it would fine them for lack of professionalism (if only that was possible!!). I mean, it's not as if many of those useless tossers will be with us next season anyway (or that we are able to sell them) so the club should just let rip and not worry about offending the poor wee lambs.

PeeJay
21-05-2012, 05:32 PM
I don't think it does. It should have explicitly apologised to us for the fact that the players didn't even put up a fight and, if the club could, it would fine them for lack of professionalism (if only that was possible!!). I mean, it's not as if many of those useless tossers will be with us next season anyway (or that we are able to sell them) so the club should just let rip and not worry about offending the poor wee lambs.

Your right of course - it didn't cover all the bases - it covered the ones the club felt it had to. It's not just the players though, I feel - the club itself is on the line here and those running it, guiding it - or not - as the case would appear to be to me.

GreenPJ
21-05-2012, 05:33 PM

Who is the captain? Murray who in all likelihood won't be there next season or McPake who might not be here next season, that really would be a sound bite.

I do think there should have been an apology included to say that is not good enough and the board and Fenlon are fully aware of that and looking at root and branch review of the club but that would be ultimately an admission of failure on their part so ultimately would never happen.

I hope that McPake is signed up in the next week or so and then post 1 June when contracts are up we have news filtering out over then next 4-5 weeks of the changes that are taking place and I would like to hear Fenlon's 2 year plan pre-season as to the steps that are being taken to ensure we stop this downward spiral.

Thecat23
21-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Ram your statement. I was looking for a "Sorry" just GTF Petrie and take your accountants with you. Sorry to offend the happy clappers but I'm fed up with this gash.

NAE NOOKIE
21-05-2012, 06:51 PM
We got lots of thanks .... but we didnt get an apology and that is what was required.

On Saturday we lost more than a cup final.

We lost the one thing we could always use to taunt the Yams with ... 7 - 0 ... but the greatest game in history was the game on the 19th of May. Fits quite well dont you think.

BEEJ
21-05-2012, 06:55 PM
We got lots of thanks .... but we didnt get an apology and that is what was required.
There was a public apology for the Hibs fans from Fenlon on Saturday.

Would a written apology on the official website today have made one iota of difference to how folks are feeling? Not a chance.

killie-hibby
22-05-2012, 05:55 AM
Taken from the official site dated the 21st May. "The board and manager recognise that the nature of Saturdays defeat reinforced the scale of the task that faces us in rebuilding the squad in preperation for next season."

McPake's destination will prove how serious Hibs FC are in their intent to build a squad.

The Falcon
22-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Taken from the official site dated the 21st May. "The board and manager recognise that the nature of Saturdays defeat reinforced the scale of the task that faces us in rebuilding the squad in preperation for next season."

McPake's destination will prove how serious Hibs FC are in their intent to build a squad.

What if the man himself doesent want to come?

lyonhibs
22-05-2012, 06:08 AM

Then a) I couldn't blame him and b) it will somehow be Petrie's fault.

Weir7
22-05-2012, 06:10 AM

Correct. Actions speak louder than words.

Another plastic statement from the club. If they needed that display to reinforce the message that sums them up.

Club is wrotten to the core. Everybody in the game knows it. As Lennon said on saturday' we accept 2nd best. What ever is thrown at us.

As soon as that cheat was appoited ref for the final, we should have chicked off.

Not petrie's way. SFA poodle.

The Falcon
22-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Correct. Actions speak louder than words.

Another plastic statement from the club. If they needed that display to reinforce the message that sums them up.

Club is wrotten to the core. Everybody in the game knows it. As Lennon said on saturday' we accept 2nd best. What ever is thrown at us.

As soon as that cheat was appoited ref for the final, we should have chicked off.

Not petrie's way. SFA poodle.

I am not sure what the bit in bold means but I recall people on here saying we did object. We didnt shout it from the rooftops BUT if we did object there will be a few officials looking at their feet when the subject is raised.

I read a few places that Hibs and Coventry have more or less dealt and its McPake himself that isnt keen on the destination being ER, had to be pushed to come here on loan apparently.

killie-hibby
22-05-2012, 06:19 AM

Hibs, if they are really serious in rebuilding the squad will provide him with the necessary incentives, ie 3/4 year contract and a salary befitting team captain.

The Falcon
22-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Hibs, if they are really serious in rebuilding the squad will provide him with the necessary incentives, ie 3/4 year contract and a salary befitting team captain.

I would agree if he hadnt had his injury history. Given that he has it would be risky, IMO, to spend so much of our budget on one player.

Weir7
22-05-2012, 06:27 AM

He does. Deal was there to be done pre cup final. Hibs didn't do the deal

killie-hibby
22-05-2012, 06:27 AM

Did not realise that this was posted by others yesterday.

The Falcon
22-05-2012, 06:31 AM
He does. Deal was there to be done pre cup final. Hibs didn't do the deal

Not what I am told.

Hibrandenburg
22-05-2012, 06:34 AM

Déjà vu!

PapillonVert
22-05-2012, 07:29 AM

"The Board and Manager recognise the scale of the task in rebuilding the squad..." etc. etc.

This is a paraphrase of what has been said each year for about the last five years. Each time the not-fit-for-purpose squad is punted, the ones who come in aren't any better. In fact, I would say the standard is getting steadily worse!

Fenlon brought in players in the January window who were supposed to show leadership and commitment and raise the standard. OK, I'll give McPake his due in that he tried but something sems to happen to otherwise decent (allegedly) professionals once they cross the threshold of East Mains - they seem to be sucked under and defeated by the prevailing ethos rather than managing to break us free from it.

What I want to know is what are we doing to change the underlying, gaping weaknesses in the overall set-up? Simply bringing in at the last minute a new bunch of players who haven't managed to find another club (there must be a reason for that!) just before the first day of the new season and hoping they will make a difference is a useless strategy which has clearly failed. I know that for the bean counters, it means we save money by not paying wages during the close season but, for God's sake, hasn't it sunk in yet that that's a totally false economy?

I want to know what the strategy is to heal the deep wounds the Club is suffering from, not what the latest brand of sticking plaster is that the Board plans to invest in now.

hibsmad
22-05-2012, 07:58 AM
I'm ok with the statement.

Manager has already said sorry and recognises what is wrong at our club.

Board have now said thanks and that they recognise the scale of the job in front of them.

Let's wait and see how it goes over the summer. The one thing I would say that is important is that they don't leave things too long. Something to show intent such as a contract for McPake would get people starting to feel a little better.

Onion
22-05-2012, 11:35 AM
File under "the usual cliches"...yawn

But in truth there's nowt much more they can say at the moment, we were the only Hibees that turned up on Saturday.

I expect (but won't get) something on the lines on a mass clearout of players that are not fit to wear the Hibernian jersey.

Don't hold your breath...:rolleyes:

I'm not so sure about that. The strength of feeling among fans towards the current players is such that their position at the club might be completely untenable. How does ANY of these players now make up for Saturday's horror performance ? IMHO they can never make up for that. Every misplaced pass by Claros, every mis-controlled ball by O'connor, every missed tackle by Stephenson.. there will be howls of derision from the stands. Nope, they are now all tainted with the stench of last Saturday and probably all have to go sooner rather than later. God, ER was bad enough for a lot of these players BEFORE Saturday. After that horror show, they should all think seriously about not coming back at all.

Onion
22-05-2012, 11:43 AM

Then Hibs have to make it compelling, lock him in, drug him, do whatever they must to keep this guy. McPake is the single positive thing that has emerged at Er in the last 5 months. It is patently obvious that he is precisely the type and calibre of player we need at Hibs plus 10 others like him. Hibs need to make a statement by signing McPake, use him to attract similar calibre players and build from there.

Failing that, get a sample of his DNA before he leaves, and grow a team for 20 years from now :wink:

smurf
22-05-2012, 12:11 PM
If McPake doesn't want to come here knowing Coventry are happy to sell him then draw your own conclusions on why not.

Let's hope and pray that this isn't the case. The guy is the leader we've been desperate for so long.

Our club likes to bodyswerve leadership though...

silverhibee
22-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Here is Doyle's comments about the game, this lad should not have been picked to do the press when he never started the game, our captain should have done the press, or a player that started the game.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/eoin-doyle-knows-hibs-players-owe-more-than-apology-1-2309116

Just_Jimmy
22-05-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm not so sure about that. The strength of feeling among fans towards the current players is such that their position at the club might be completely untenable. How does ANY of these players now make up for Saturday's horror performance ? IMHO they can never make up for that. Every misplaced pass by Claros, every mis-controlled ball by O'connor, every missed tackle by Stephenson.. there will be howls of derision from the stands. Nope, they are now all tainted with the stench of last Saturday and probably all have to go sooner rather than later. God, ER was bad enough for a lot of these players BEFORE Saturday. After that horror show, they should all think seriously about not coming back at all.

thats a good point.

It may be worth looking at us as a support from here on as well. At the weekend we were brilliant, we were united and we all wanted one outcome, a Hibs win.

From now on we need to bring that to ER. Support Hibs and make the oppositions life hell. Obviously the players need to buy into this but we've not exactly made life easy for them at ER real have we?

A new birth for the club and we need to ALL play a part, in anyway possible.

Saorsa
22-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Here is Doyle's comments about the game, this lad should not have been picked to do the press when he never started the game, our captain should have done the press, or a player that started the game.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/eoin-doyle-knows-hibs-players-owe-more-than-apology-1-2309116
The dressing-room was devastatedThat devastated that some of them were out partying and boozing.

Boozers and Losers, the majority of them.

Beefster
22-05-2012, 03:13 PM

Doyle's one of the very few to come out of Saturday with a bit of credit IMHO. It seems like his attitude is right, at the very least.

silverhibee
22-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Doyle's one of the very few to come out of Saturday with a bit of credit IMHO. It seems like his attitude is right, at the very least.

But why was he made to do the press, hope he wasn't made a scapegoat because other players who played didn't want to face the media.

HibsMax
22-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Silence is deafening indeed. Given the magnitude of the defeat, surely it was not out of the realms of possibility to convene first thing yesterday and draft/issue a statement on behalf of the club that both apologised for the most shameful 90 minutes in the club's history and thanked the fans for their support. It might at least show that someone at the club gives a flying monkeys. I contacted the club on Saturday night about this - no reply. Shocking.

I haven't read the rest of this thread but this part is key to me.

We, the Hibs fans, HAVE to band together. Individuals are too easy to ignore. I still haven't heard back from the Ticket Office about my inability to create a new account. Why the **** have a contact e-mail address if you are not going to respond? Nope, it's far too easy to ignore individuals and Hibs are proving just how easy that is.

So who wants to lead the charge? :cb

BEEJ
22-05-2012, 04:34 PM

But why was he made to do the press, hope he wasn't made a scapegoat because other players who played didn't want to face the media.
Because:

> his performance was one of the few with pass marks - as confirmed by PF post-match;
> unlike many of the others, he is likely to be with us for the whole of next season;
> he seems genuinely gutted and so the supporters are more likely to take in what he has to say.

From a PR point of view, that is why I would have pitched him in there.

Separately, I see McPake had an interview in The Record this morning.

HibsMax
22-05-2012, 04:41 PM

I know I am. At least I am blaming him for changing the course of the game. We won't ever know what would have happened if Black had walked or was booked, etc. I'm not saying he snatched victory away from us but his actions were hardly beneficial to us.