PDA

View Full Version : Petition To Hibs FC

Green Blood
21-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Saturday was a sore one for us all! We have now all had time to calm down a little but I still feel that the majority of Hibs fans would like to make their feelings known to our Board & Manager.

I feel that a petition covering 5 Major Issues and signed by us all then delivered direct to the Board/Manager would allow us to get over to them what Hibernian FC means to us all.

Perhaps the Forum administrators want to pick up the baton and run with this, failing that, I would take it on board to organise.

Does anyone feel this has any mileage?

HoboHarry
21-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Saturday was a sore one for us all! We have now all had time to calm down a little but I still feel that the majority of Hibs fans would like to make their feelings known to our Board & Manager.

I feel that a petition covering 5 Major Issues and signed by us all then delivered direct to the Board/Manager would allow us to get over to them what Hibernian FC means to us all.

Perhaps the Forum administrators want to pick up the baton and run with this, failing that, I would take it on board to organise.

No.

Green Blood
21-05-2012, 12:25 PM
No.

A post as constructive as Blancmange!!

ManBearPig
No

Albion Hibs
No.

I will second that.

Anyone that thinks the board and manager need to be told how the fans are feeling is kidding themselves.

I also dont think there are 5 issues. We need a better strategy for investing in signing players and more needs to be done to get decent youth through the system and contributing to the main playing squad. I would take it as a given that they are probably aware of the above as well.

Baldy Foghorn

The Board will never grasp how much this Club means to many of us, and take us for granted far too readily IMO, however a petition is not the correct way to go about this, we need to unite fans and club, and make inroads to improve many aspects which are not currently working. Hibs are trying to communicate better with fans, not sure how this helps at a time when our club is at a very low point at present.........

ManBearPig
21-05-2012, 12:27 PM
It is not suitable for a petition. We are not in state of some other clubs. Pat should be and will be given a chance to try and mould a proud hungry team after being left with a shower of shi&e

Scouse Hibee
21-05-2012, 02:01 PM

No! If we need a petition to tell the board/manager just how much being humped 5-1 in a cup final by our local rivals means to us all then the club is in a worse state then anyone could ever imagine.

pentlando
21-05-2012, 02:14 PM
I can't wait for the transfer rumour silly season to begin properly, the current nonsense on this board is way overboard IMO. So far we've had suggestions for a mob of vigilantes out in the town to make sure no Hibs player allows alcohol to pass their lips, a mass signed petition to force the club to appreciate how hurt the fans are (cause obviously the board were delighted with Saturdays result), a plan to sack yet another manager and bring back Alex McLeish, the idea the final should be renamed the 'Craig Thomson Final' ignoring the fact we got horsed from start to finish and too many others to name.

Right we might as well get onto crazy transfer rumours that probably have more substance than some of these ideas. I've heard Real Madrid are looking for a combative midfielder and have offered Sami Khedira in exchange for Martin Scott...anyone in the know?

Scouse Hibee
21-05-2012, 02:20 PM
I can't wait for the transfer rumour silly season to begin properly, the current nonsense on this board is way overboard IMO. So far we've had suggestions for a mob of vigilantes out in the town to make sure no Hibs player allows alcohol to pass their lips, a mass signed petition to force the club to appreciate how hurt the fans are (cause obviously the board were delighted with Saturdays result), a plan to sack yet another manager and bring back Alex McLeish, the idea the final should be renamed the 'Craig Thomson Final' ignoring the fact we got horsed from start to finish and too many others to name.

Right we might as well get onto crazy transfer rumours that probably have more substance than some of these ideas. I've heard Real Madrid are looking for a combative midfielder and have offered Sami Khedira in exchange for Martin Scott...anyone in the know?

:agree: I've also heard a rumour that we have class!

Sodje_18
21-05-2012, 02:30 PM
I think an open letter would be more appropriate, I don't see the point in a petition to be honest.

pentlando
21-05-2012, 02:32 PM
:agree: I've also heard a rumour that we have class!

You might mean Claros? Although having watched at Hampden then watched the highlights I can't confirm whether he was there on Saturday!

Malonga's Cat
21-05-2012, 03:08 PM

:top marks

VickMackie
21-05-2012, 03:50 PM
5 Major issues? I'd say 'good one' but that would probably add to your joke.

RIP
21-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Petitions are only useful where there are no other channels for communication

During the winter we started supporter forums and they will continue into the close season. One of the most popular ideas to come out of the last riund of exchanges was a 'shadow board'. There was a meeting last month attended by Rod and some draft proposals. It was agreed to park these until after the cup final

The Hibs12thMan team are proposing that there should be 3 main teams namely Matchday, Unity and Communications.

The Matchday Team will be a continuation of the group that organised the Cup Final display. This would involve the Sect43 folk, Garry O'Hagan, Russell Smith and John Nicol, the Hibs designer. All the management are fervent Hibbies and when they arenae working at Hibs, they are on the terracing supporting the team.

The Unity team could focus on what makes us - us. The ethos and identity of Hibs, how we do what we do, a shared vision. How supporters can contribute ideas to building our business e.g. Season Ticket packages, reaching out to new markets, communities, building a fanbase of future Hibbies with ticketing schemes.

Communications would be about improving the 2-way exchange of information - via websites, messageboards and Hibs TV

TornadoHibby
21-05-2012, 04:38 PM

:jamboclow

Were you not in the Royal Mile and then Dalry Road yesterday afternoon? :rolleyes:

Green Blood
25-05-2012, 11:59 PM
:jamboclow

Were you not in the Royal Mile and then Dalry Road yesterday afternoon? :rolleyes:

You should pm me to find out about my credentials before you accuse me of being an ********!! However, an ******** is an absolute must unless you want to remain anally retentive as you so obviously are! Been to more games at Easter Rd than seconds you have breathed

VickMackie
26-05-2012, 12:07 AM

100,000 votes and we'll get it discussed in parliament.

RP and the care holders of the club know exactly how we feel, you only need to listen to recent club statements to know that, a petition will achieve nothing.

Green Blood
26-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Petitions are only useful where there are no other channels for communication

During the winter we started supporter forums and they will continue into the close season. One of the most popular ideas to come out of the last riund of exchanges was a 'shadow board'. There was a meeting last month attended by Rod and some draft proposals. It was agreed to park these until after the cup final

The Hibs12thMan team are proposing that there should be 3 main teams namely Matchday, Unity and Communications.

The Matchday Team will be a continuation of the group that organised the Cup Final display. This would involve the Sect43 folk, Garry O'Hagan, Russell Smith and John Nicol, the Hibs designer. All the management are fervent Hibbies and when they arenae working at Hibs, they are on the terracing supporting the team.

The Unity team could focus on what makes us - us. The ethos and identity of Hibs, how we do what we do, a shared vision. How supporters can contribute ideas to building our business e.g. Season Ticket packages, reaching out to new markets, communities, building a fanbase of future Hibbies with ticketing schemes.

Communications would be about improving the 2-way exchange of information - via websites, messageboards and Hibs TV

I appreciate the positive/constructional stance that you have adopted! However, if the board's performance translated to performances on the park ( and they have) then surely the change required has to happen from the top down!! With the support this forum has then surely our voice and opinions have to be heard! If Rod Petrie had been our striker over the period he had been in charge then his contract would have been extinguished years ago! Its time the man stood up to his responsibilities to his paying public and jacked it. The team had the opportunity to dominate scottish football yet he screwed it for us all in the name of the balance sheet! The clue is in the name " Balance" something us Hibbies have never had the chance to appreciate! C'mon Rod the games up, move over for someone more ambitious,energetic and risk taking. We thank you for your sterling efforts to ensure the balance sheet has ---- well, balance,however your appointments leave a lot to be desired. Please move on with all Hibbies thanks and make way for someone with ambition/risk taking abilities.

Green Blood
26-05-2012, 12:20 AM
100,000 votes and we'll get it discussed in parliament.

RP and the care holders of the club know exactly how we feel, you only need to listen to recent club statements to know that, a petition will achieve nothing.

And where has that attitude got you?? Nowhere, you/we have sacrificed the end product for balance sheet credentials. Surely a chairmans role has to be to ensure that the product offered is better than years gone by!!! On that basis, Turnbulls Tornadoes were shaving with the most modern Gillette/Wilkinson Sword!! While I try to trim myself with a scythe!!! Sadly our great club is going backwards through poor appointments at board level.

VickMackie
26-05-2012, 12:25 AM
And where has that attitude got you?? Nowhere, you/we have sacrificed the end product for balance sheet credentials. Surely a chairmans role has to be to ensure that the product offered is better than years gone by!!! On that basis, Turnbulls Tornadoes were shaving with the most modern Gillette/Wilkinson Sword!! While I try to trim myself with a scythe!!! Sadly our great club is going backwards through poor appointments at board level.

5 major things to address. In your OP you suggested, ermm, 0.

Around 2/3 posts ago you said we could have had a team to dominate Scottish football. Hahahaha.

Even with the great young talent we'd never have been able to sustain a championship squad over a season.

Edit; I was meant to ridicule the dominate Scottish football comment with my last paragraph.

Green Blood
26-05-2012, 12:35 AM
5 major things to address. In your OP you suggested, ermm, 0.

Around 2/3 posts ago you said we could have had a team to dominate Scottish football. Hahahaha.

Even with the great young talent we'd never have been able to sustain a championship squad over a season.

My OP was borne out of a frustration after seeing a sh--e team being humped from a team not much better! My point thereafter was that our team should have developed into a team that could dominate Scottish football for many years! If you are a true Hibbie then you would understand that. We should have pumped our money into the key players we had 2006-7 ensuring we built our team around them whilst ensuring we retained the services of a manager that knew the game. Most successful businesses hold on to their key assets,we sell ours!

jgl07
26-05-2012, 01:51 AM
My OP was borne out of a frustration after seeing a sh--e team being humped from a team not much better! My point thereafter was that our team should have developed into a team that could dominate Scottish football for many years! If you are a true Hibbie then you would understand that. We should have pumped our money into the key players we had 2006-7 ensuring we built our team around them whilst ensuring we retained the services of a manager that knew the game. Most successful businesses hold on to their key assets,we sell ours!

Oh dear.

Pedalling a Yam agenda.

VickMackie
26-05-2012, 09:13 AM

Still no suggestion of 5 things. Strange number to pluck out the air without suggesting anything. Or not so strange.

Oh yes, I forgot, we should have paid them with the money we never had, and only got from selling them.

Hibbyradge
26-05-2012, 09:17 AM
I think the petition should highlight 7 things.

Or maybe 62.

MrSmith
26-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Oh dear.

Pedalling a Yam agenda.

Yep!

God Petrie
26-05-2012, 09:44 AM
I think we should sign Messi and Ronaldo - offer them £500k a week. Go bust next summer after winning the treble.