PDA

View Full Version : Michael Weir

NeilOrrSquareBa
21-05-2012, 12:14 PM
His column in the EEN today sumsit up for me, especially this bit:

Looking at the overall performance of the club this season, I am afraid to say that unless a heart is found beating once again within Easter Road, this great club will unfortunately continue its decline. Trying to achieve the success that we all crave on such low budgets is an ambition that seems almost impossible and won’t attract the calibre of players the supporters deserve. Therefore, radical changes are a necessity in all departments of the club and as soon as possible. Whatever has been going on within the core of the club over the past few years, the results and performances on the park have shown that these changes must be addressed, as quite frankly, it’s not working. Heading into the biggest game of our history littered with loan signings tells a story in itself and shows the stability at the club is nonexistent.

Succinct and to the point.

It is broke and needs fixing. Anyone out there with a load of dosh looking for a financially stable football club and prepared to invest? Apply within....

Treadstone
21-05-2012, 12:19 PM
So true .

The short termism at Easter Road with loan signings and permanent signings on one year and one and a half year deals is mind boggling.

All it does is cause uncertainty throughout the club.

1875 NO 1
21-05-2012, 12:22 PM

Looking at the overall performance of the club this season, I am afraid to say that unless a heart is found beating once again within Easter Road, this great club will unfortunately continue its decline. Trying to achieve the success that we all crave on such low budgets is an ambition that seems almost impossible and won’t attract the calibre of players the supporters deserve. Therefore, radical changes are a necessity in all departments of the club and as soon as possible. Whatever has been going on within the core of the club over the past few years, the results and performances on the park have shown that these changes must be addressed, as quite frankly, it’s not working. Heading into the biggest game of our history littered with loan signings tells a story in itself and shows the stability at the club is nonexistent.

It is broke and needs fixing. Anyone out there with a load of dosh looking for a financially stable football club and prepared to invest? Apply within....

Its abt using the money wisely. Eg we don't need all the coaches we have. We signed doyle and o'donovan. We should have combined trhe budget And signed 1 good plAyer. Look at how many keepers yogi signed. The list is endless.

Eganov
21-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Since increasing our wages and recruiting the "higher" standard of player we have gotten worse.

Do the opposite and drop the wages again so the players we get in work hard and realise the opportunity they have.

marleyhib
21-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Saw him there on Saturday with Keith Keith Keith, was saying to my mate, oh to have players of that calibre on the pitch.

Bottom line is there is no money in the game at the moment and we can't afford to buy success. No sane person is going to throw money at Hibs.

He's right about too many loan players though, why should they care? I heard from someone that Griffiths is on 15k a week at Wolves, Gary O'Connor doesn't need the money, the rest will be on better money than we can offer.

We need stability, someone to install confidence and belief in the team and particularly the youngsters. We have been through far too many managers recently, they have cleared out the dross and bought new dross. Fenlon brought in loan players to keep us up not win the cup, we need to stick with him, back him financially the best we can and not expect miracles.

I like Pat Fenlon, he's passionate and articulate, Saturday hurt him badly, he knows we need to change the culture and mentality at our club and seriously grow a pair. We need to be hard to beat, we need a midfield, we need players with fight. I really hope he gets it right and I'll be backing him all the way.

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-05-2012, 12:53 PM
I've been trying to say what Mickey has said for ages but get shot down every time, to me that's a direct quote to this shambles of a board that should have been replaced ages ago.

Tin hat is on.....now!

:wink:

Craig_in_Prague
21-05-2012, 12:56 PM
was talking with him Sat night - he was hurting badly.

when will we get fighters (who can also play a bit) back in the side. we are a soft pathetic football club.

Golden Bear
21-05-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't like the policy of "loan signings" either but they can't shoulder the blame on Saturday as they were no worse than their "signed" teammates.

James Mcpake was a loan signing and the guy is a shining example of professionalism and endeavor.

IWasThere2016
21-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Spoke to him pre-match briefly, and also walked out the ground with him and Joe Tortolano post match .. they were stunned.

Mickey summed Hibs up for me with the phrase "shopping at Lidl".

Dr Jimmy
21-05-2012, 01:06 PM

Couldn't agree more, our club is in terminal decline and unless drastic changes are made from the top down we will sink further into the ****.

This crap about more investment is trotted out as an excuse, yet we are miles behind Motherwell who do not have a pot to piss in and the same could be said about Dundee Utd. The others above us in the league will have good and bad seasons, but they can still outperform us on a regular basis, also without a pot to piss in.

The guys at the top at Hibs need to GTF and be replaced with people with vision (not money!). I have lost count how many times Petrie underwhelms me when he open his mouth and presides over the current "we win some lose some" strategy he has been unable to change or influence for many years now.

I WANT MY CLUB BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

muzzhfc
21-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Its abt using the money wisely. Eg we don't need all the coaches we have. We signed doyle and o'donovan. We should have combined trhe budget And signed 1 good plAyer. Look at how many keepers yogi signed. The list is endless.

O'Donnovan is a loan signing. I like the look of doyle, has a bit of know how and gets in good positions. just needs to work on his finishing a bit and get used to the SPL

cocopops1875
21-05-2012, 03:37 PM
I've been trying to say what Mickey has said for ages but get shot down every time, to me that's a direct quote to this shambles of a board that should have been replaced ages ago.

Tin hat is on.....now!

:wink:

Right im not saying you or Wee Mickey:hibees Are wrong but who do we bring in to replace the board ? Who sanctions this? My take is STF owns us he wants us run a certain way The Tash is his boy so if we get the Tash out STF brings in someone who will run the club to the wishes of the owner Or as we will come to know him The Tash 2

Heckys Wheel
21-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Anybody know how many players Dundee Utd played in the final when they won it, that left the club after it?

I insisted for years that they were going to become unstuck with levein's loan signing policy but they are still streets ahead of us, long after their loanees left the club.

silverhibee
21-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Saw him there on Saturday with Keith Keith Keith, was saying to my mate, oh to have players of that calibre on the pitch.

Bottom line is there is no money in the game at the moment and we can't afford to buy success. No sane person is going to throw money at Hibs.

He's right about too many loan players though, why should they care? I heard from someone that Griffiths is on 15k a week at Wolves, Gary O'Connor doesn't need the money, the rest will be on better money than we can offer.

We need stability, someone to install confidence and belief in the team and particularly the youngsters. We have been through far too many managers recently, they have cleared out the dross and bought new dross. Fenlon brought in loan players to keep us up not win the cup, we need to stick with him, back him financially the best we can and not expect miracles.

I like Pat Fenlon, he's passionate and articulate, Saturday hurt him badly, he knows we need to change the culture and mentality at our club and seriously grow a pair. We need to be hard to beat, we need a midfield, we need players with fight. I really hope he gets it right and I'll be backing him all the way.

I stopped reading after the bit in bold. :aok:

BroxburnHibee
21-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Was it not all these loan signings that took us to our biggest game in history?

It's all to easy to say "Them! - its them there that's to blame"

Our problems run a lot deeper than that and PF saying that the whole 'club' needs looked at gives me hope that something might be done at last.

Cropley10
21-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Anybody know how many players Dundee Utd played in the final when they won it, that left the club after it?

I insisted for years that they were going to become unstuck with levein's loan signing policy but they are still streets ahead of us, long after their loanees left the club.

Yep, always have a decent keeper, Rankin has scored goals there and is well thought of I think. Jonny Russell has been excellent and I hear they're after Calum Booth.

They won the Scottish two years ago and just seem to maintain the same standard. Must be a decent Club...

truehibernian
21-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Yep, always have a decent keeper, Rankin has scored goals there and is well thought of I think. Jonny Russell has been excellent and I hear they're after Calum Booth.

They won the Scottish two years ago and just seem to maintain the same standard. Must be a decent Club...

And have had two Chairmen, late father and son, who adore football and do due diligence on players along with the managers they have hired. And more importantly chairmen who didn't/don't divide the fans - strangely enough ST respects RP and always bigs him up. How I would love them to swap jobs now, given our infrastructure is in place.

Thompson is a football fan's owner.....Rod isn't.

Kaiser1962
21-05-2012, 09:03 PM

They have always been a decent club but the current run of success is fairly recent though Crops and, IMO, down to the appointment of Levein. Prior to this they only had one top six finish and post Levein they have never been out the top six.

basehibby
21-05-2012, 09:26 PM

Griffiths would never have been on 15K a week at Dundee and THAT's when Hibs should have signed him - there's other quality players out there who have come through at smaller clubs - Dundee Utd got McKay-Stevens from Airdrie, The Yams got that guy Stevenson from Ayr Utd - the list goes on. Hibs though have not by and large been prepared to pay the smallish transfer fees these clubs need and have missed the boat as a result.
I agree with Weir that we have been "shopping at Liddles" for far too long and are reaping the consequences.

LeithBoozy
21-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Griffiths would never have been on 15K a week at Dundee and THAT's when Hibs should have signed him - there's other quality players out there who have come through at smaller clubs - Dundee Utd got McKay-Stevens from Airdrie, The Yams got that guy Stevenson from Ayr Utd - the list goes on. Hibs though have not by and large been prepared to pay the smallish transfer fees these clubs need and have missed the boat as a result.
I agree with Weir that we have been "shopping at Liddles" for far too long and are reaping the consequences. Somebody should tell Micky, there is not much point going shopping in Harvey Nics, with only a couple of pound in your tail. :rolleyes: