PDA

View Full Version : Today's Evening News

Green Man
21-05-2012, 12:06 PM
The front page is a picture of Hearts on the open top bus, with one word printed - "Legends". Every gutless loser who played for us on Saturday should be made to look at that every day to be reminded of what they could have been, how it could have been our day in the sun. Regardless of whether they're on loan, coming to the end of their contract or had never heard of Hibs before they came here, those players had the chance to win a trophy and achieve legendary status in Edinburgh. That alone should have inspired some professional pride and put a bit of fight into their performance.

A lot of Saturday's team won't be back at Hibs - and good riddance to them - but for those who remain I want them to see that front page every day to instil a determination in them that one day, they will achieve that status of legends. Because that's the mindset we need to get over this.

ManBearPig
21-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Yeah that hearts badge over the hibs one is a bitter pill to swallow

Golden Bear
21-05-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm still imposing a news blackout in my house and will continue to do so for a few more days.

:boo hoo:

SlickShoes
21-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Problem is most of them don't care and are now nowhere near Edinburgh and probably never will be again.

Green Man
21-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Problem is most of them don't care and are now nowhere near Edinburgh and probably never will be again.

I know - and that's a good thing - and hence why I mentioned those who remain. It could also act as a spur for any newcomers to give them the right mindset from the word go.

PISTOL1875
21-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Soares and Francomb are defo away..

Saorsa
21-05-2012, 01:31 PM
I'd like tae give most of them a P45 along with a copy of that paper tae remind them what losers they are. They should also have tae hand their medals back (those that bothered tae keep them) tae have runners up polished out and LOSERS engraved in it's place.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 01:33 PM
I'd like tae give most of them a P45 along with a copy of that paper tae remind them what losers they are. They should also have tae hand their medals back (those that bothered tae keep them) tae have runners up polished out and LOSERS engraved in it's place.

:agree:

They don't even deserve the honour of runners up.

Losers on and off the pitch.

HoboHarry
21-05-2012, 01:33 PM

And your comment is based on what?

Sudds_1
21-05-2012, 01:39 PM
The front page is a picture of Hearts on the open top bus, with one word printed - "Legends". Every gutless loser who played for us on Saturday should be made to look at that every day to be reminded of what they could have been, how it could have been our day in the sun. Regardless of whether they're on loan, coming to the end of their contract or had never heard of Hibs before they came here, those players had the chance to win a trophy and achieve legendary status in Edinburgh. That alone should have inspired some professional pride and put a bit of fight into their performance.

A lot of Saturday's team won't be back at Hibs - and good riddance to them - but for those who remain I want them to see that front page every day to instil a determination in them that one day, they will achieve that status of legends. Because that's the mindset we need to get over this.

"Legends"? shirley a misprint........"Bellends" was the word they were looking for....................

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 02:03 PM

Was Soares here, I never noticed....£1m player my erchie

DH1875
21-05-2012, 02:28 PM
And your comment is based on what?

That they were on loan :confused:. I'd have thought they'd all be away now :dunno:.

Centre Hawf
21-05-2012, 02:35 PM
That they were on loan :confused:. I'd have thought they'd all be away now :dunno:.

Soares Lived in the same building as me and drove a big Porche Jeep style tank of a car. Half way into the Extra time of the Chelsea game we hear tires screech and a car rally passed full speed. It was our friendly neighbourhood waster Tom Soares.

He has not been back since.

Heard Francomb lives here too but i havent seen him.

basehibby
21-05-2012, 02:38 PM
That's it - nowhere near a newsagent shall i go today - blow it I'm away to hide behind the couch - I'll come out when it's all died down a bit :sofa:

Northern Hibby
21-05-2012, 02:40 PM
The front page is a picture of Hearts on the open top bus.

Was Craig Thomson there? :fuming:

IFONLY
21-05-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm still imposing a news blackout in my house and will continue to do so for a few more days.

:boo hoo:
Me too, wont buy a papers till next month,and I will only watch the "news" parts of the news programmes until the end of the week.

Hibernia Na Eir
21-05-2012, 03:06 PM

The players would be too hungover to read anything after their busy and boozy night out. Did anyone really believe that Saturday's "team" could be up there with The FF team and Turnbull's Tornados?

Jeez, i used to think that our teams from the early-mid 80's were poor, but, how wrong i was! Least they teams had a spine!!

Hibernia Na Eir
21-05-2012, 03:12 PM

happy days !:thumbsup:

hibsmad
21-05-2012, 03:13 PM
I have watched no tv or read any newspapers since the game. Just popped into shop though and glanced at one paper (not sure which one) and noticed the headline "All the Hibees are SCARED".

It felt like a kick in the baws but the funny thing was that for once the fans weren't scared. We all know of course that the players were and I hope that the article described the day this way - not that I'll be reading it!

Bayern Bru
21-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Soares Lived in the same building as me and drove a big Porche Jeep style tank of a car. Half way into the Extra time of the Chelsea game we hear tires screech and a car rally passed full speed. It was our friendly neighbourhood waster Tom Soares.

He has not been back since.

Heard Francomb lives here too but i havent seen him.

If I'd performed as pish as the majority of the team had on Saturday, I'd be getting the hell out of Edinburgh too.

banarc7062
21-05-2012, 06:51 PM
That's it - nowhere near a newsagent shall i go today - blow it I'm away to hide behind the couch - I'll come out when it's all died down a bit :sofa:

Today was not a good day to be a Hibby. A steady procession to my desk this morning from gloating jambos. Bar stewards!!!! GGTTH