PDA

View Full Version : RIP Ken Sandison

CG2007
21-05-2012, 10:44 AM
I am a friend of kens and sadly he passed away on Friday night/ Saturday morning. There are details of it in the Sunday herald although the incorrect spelling.

he was a huge hibby, I think his username was kenshrek.

rest in peace ken and supporting hibs forever.

Hibernia&Alba
21-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. RIP indeed.

MSK
21-05-2012, 10:54 AM
I am a friend of kens and sadly he passed away on Friday night/ Saturday morning. There are details of it in the Sunday herald although the incorrect spelling.

rest in peace ken and supporting jobs forever.Was indeed ..sorry to hear of his passing ...

spike220
21-05-2012, 11:01 AM

Sorry yo hear of your loss. I searched Kens username and came up with this wee gem he posted in the thread how did you become a Hibby. he wrote

I was born the year Leith Athletic went defunct. I was born at the foot of ER and my Dad & Grandad were Leith Athletic fans. So when I got a wee bit older the only Leith team left were Hibs. Started going to ER with my Big Brother and Cousins in 1960 when I was 6 and havn't looked back since. It was different then as there was no TV fitba or replica shirts and all the razzamataz that exists today. If you supported a club you had to go to the games.

RIP Ken and thanks for your contribution to the Hibs family and the Hibs net community.

Watford_Mark
21-05-2012, 12:35 PM

Did Ken work for Britoil/BP in Glasgow in the late 80's early 90's ?

CG2007
21-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Did Ken work for Britoil/BP in Glasgow in the late 80's early 90's ?

yes. He went onto contracting, that's how I met him. Larger than life, in every sense of the word. He was such a proud hibby. When hibs won the CIS cup he was so proud. Sunshine in Leith will now bring a tear to my eye. Rip ken. He loved hibs and Scottish football.

PatHead
21-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Sorry to hear of a good Hibby gone. RIP

Watford_Mark
21-05-2012, 03:11 PM
yes. He went onto contracting, that's how I met him. Larger than life, in every sense of the word. He was such a proud hibby. When hibs won the CIS cup he was so proud. Sunshine in Leith will now bring a tear to my eye. Rip ken. He loved hibs and Scottish football.

Ah :( yes I knew Kenny too. Sorry to hear this. I worked at BP in Glasgow from 1989-1991 and met him there. As soon as he had news that another Hibby was working there it didnt take him long to come over and introduce himself. We shared a few pub crawls and late night curries back then, and he also allowed me to borrow his copy of the 7-0 game and other such gems on VHS.

Sad news indeed.

RIP Kenny

devils advocate
23-05-2012, 06:59 PM
was really shocked to read this. I worked with a big hibby Kenny Sandison in the IT dept of the Royal Bank in the 80's. When he left he moved through West. The next/last time I seen him was at the SAS offices in Glasgow city centre.
Condolences for your loss, but selfishly I am hoping this is not the same Kenny Sandison I knew. Can you help with this ?

Hibercelona
23-05-2012, 07:07 PM
was really shocked to read this. I worked with a big hibby Kenny Sandison in the IT dept of the Royal Bank in the 80's. When he left he moved through West. The next/last time I seen him was at the SAS offices in Glasgow city centre.
Condolences for your loss, but selfishly I am hoping this is not the same Kenny Sandison I knew. Can you help with this ?

Heres his profile mate - http://www.hibs.net/member.php?13264-kenshrek

It says he was an "IT Contractor". It could just be coincidence obviously, but if it is him, i'm sorry for the bad news.

StevieT
23-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Worked with Ken at Scottish Water and played football with his nephew Johnny.

CG2007
24-05-2012, 04:38 AM

I think it is the same guy as he moved to Glasgow. That's why I got to know him. Ken was such a presence he made an impact to everyone that met him.

Bill Milne
24-05-2012, 08:46 AM
I was at Ainslie Park with a Kenny Sandison and the DOB looks about right. Is this the same bloke? The one I knew pumped iron a lot.

CG2007
24-05-2012, 08:24 PM
I was at Ainslie Park with a Kenny Sandison and the DOB looks about right. Is this the same bloke? The one I knew pumped iron a lot.

Ken was 58 but knowing him I don't think he ever pumped iron.

devils advocate
28-05-2012, 11:04 AM

there is an announcement in todays Scotsman concerning this sad news with correct spelling.