PDA

View Full Version : McPake selected by Northern Ireland

BarneyK
21-05-2012, 10:03 AM
James McPake called up for the international squad. The Nor'n Oirish international squad, that is. :flag:

Westie1875
21-05-2012, 10:13 AM
James McPake called up for the international squad. The Nor'n Oirish international squad, that is. :flag:

Big decision to make here for him.

lapsedhibee
21-05-2012, 10:13 AM

Well deserved. Potter will be establishing his Scotland credentials once he signs for Hearts later this week.

I'm_cabbaged
21-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Well deserved. Potter will be establishing his Scotland credentials once he signs for Hearts later this week.

What, like being Scottish? :confused:

1875 NO 1
21-05-2012, 10:21 AM

Celtic have made enquiries

lapsedhibee
21-05-2012, 10:27 AM
What, like being Scottish? :confused:

Yes. You'll have noticed that although he's a tool, Potter isn't the sharpest tool in the box. He won't know McPake's Scottish until he signs for the yams on Friday.

3pm
21-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Yes. You'll have noticed that although he's a tool, Potter isn't the sharpest tool in the box. He won't know McPake's Scottish until he signs for the yams on Friday.

Why Friday?!

lapsedhibee
21-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Why Friday?!

Waiting to see how the HunFC situation develops. He figures that if the Huns go down, the yams will follow follow because they've been at the EBT trough as well. Things should be a bit clearer after the BBC documentary on Wednesday evening - if there's no new revelations in that, and any media reaction on Thursday makes the Huns' future seem safe, then YamFC is also safe and he can sign on Friday. :agree:

Hibs7
21-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Bull****

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 10:40 AM

You've claimed the Griffiths and McPake will sign for Hearts next week.

Surely you're at the wind up?

lapsedhibee
21-05-2012, 10:41 AM
You've claimed the Griffiths and McPake will sign for Hearts next week.

Surely you're at the wind up?

Somebody is. My money's on the pwick that is A Preston.

Sylar
21-05-2012, 10:56 AM
If Levein lets a young talent such as McPake get away when he was bloody well born in Bellshill, he should be taken out the back of Hampden and executed.

He's pursued players like Driver (a quality player, but no solid ties to Scotland other than brief residency) with no real hope on capturing him, but stands to allow a clearly talented young defender to pass him by who was born just along the M8 from Hampden, questions need to be asked.

woodythehibee
21-05-2012, 10:58 AM
What's mcpakes NI connection?

Billy Whizz
21-05-2012, 11:04 AM

went on holiday there once......

ancienthibby
21-05-2012, 11:15 AM

Beeb radio says he has a grand-parent from Coleraine.

Green forever
21-05-2012, 11:20 AM
If Levein lets a young talent such as McPake get away when he was bloody well born in Bellshill, he should be taken out the back of Hampden and executed.

He's pursued players like Driver (a quality player, but no solid ties to Scotland other than brief residency) with no real hope on capturing him, but stands to allow a clearly talented young defender to pass him by who was born just along the M8 from Hampden, questions need to be asked.

With McPake now having a Hibee connection then no danger would Potter go anywhere near him, far too busy extolling the virues of Andy webster and anyone else who has ever played (but no always been paid) at the PBS.

The Green Goblin
21-05-2012, 11:23 AM
I have also heard that McPake will sign for them later this week. Never post rumours normally, but have heard from 3 different Hibs people who have good sources that this is a real possibility.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 11:24 AM
As ridiculous as I find the whole "connection" rule, can't really blame McPake for making himself available.

It's the only way he's going to get any recognition on the international front while Craig Leyam is in charge.

Diclonius
21-05-2012, 11:30 AM
If McPake signs for Hearts then that will be the final straw for a lot of paying customers.

carnoustiehibee
21-05-2012, 11:33 AM
If mcpake signs for hearts then Petrie needs shot.

Just_Jimmy
21-05-2012, 11:33 AM
As much as it goes against our way of doing things, I think we have to go public with our offer to McPake. That way if Hearts offer him 10k per week compared to our very top end of say 5k then no one can really complain.

We have to show the fans we made every effort to nail this signing.

Beefster
21-05-2012, 11:34 AM
I have also heard that McPake will sign for them later this week. Never post rumours normally, but have heard from 3 different Hibs people who have good sources that this is a real possibility.

According to McPake's missus, they're headed for Dubai on holiday today. I don't think sources get much more reliable than that.

3pm
21-05-2012, 11:36 AM
If McPake signs for Hearts then that will be the final straw for a lot of paying customers.

I am a Hibs supporter, not a James McPake supporter.

If he signs for Hearts, I WILL be back.

The Green Goblin
21-05-2012, 11:38 AM
According to McPake's missus, they're headed for Dubai on holiday today. I don't think sources get much more reliable than that.

Fair enough. I'm not going to argue with that. I heard what I thought was enough to justify posting it. However, there's bound to be interest isn't there? And I can't see Hibs doing enough to keep him.

David@EasterRoad
21-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Sounds like jambo preston trying to force Rod into making a big offer for Mcpake asap. I want him to sign but if we spend too much on him then it is less money for the other 10 players+ that we need for next season.

No chance griffiths would go there, he already turned them down once and that was when he was on low wages. total nonsense

Hibby Bairn
21-05-2012, 11:59 AM
As much as it goes against our way of doing things, I think we have to go public with our offer to McPake. That way if Hearts offer him 10k per week compared to our very top end of say 5k then no one can really complain.

We have to show the fans we made every effort to nail this signing.

:faf:

chrisski33
21-05-2012, 12:17 PM
I reckon hes more likely to go to celtic than hearts if rumours are true but noone knows really as another english team may come in for him over the nxt few weeks but really hibs should have him signed up by now!

Sammy7nil
21-05-2012, 12:21 PM
I reckon hes more likely to go to celtic than hearts if rumours are true but noone knows really as another english team may come in for him over the nxt few weeks but really hibs should have him signed up by now!

If he goes to Celtic it just shows how low the Whole SPL is aiming next year.
McPake in Champions League :cb No where near good enough for that.

Eganov
21-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Wonder if PF has been singing his praises to certain people over the water?

VickMackie
21-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Has Liam Miller signed for Hearts yet?

Brooster
21-05-2012, 12:34 PM

His Granny is Northern Irish.

Just_Jimmy
21-05-2012, 01:34 PM
:faf:

I was simply using 2 figures to show that in certain circumstances the board can be excused. Hearts won't be offering anyone 10k per week this summer either.

If we offer 2k and he goes to hearts for 4k per week its the same senario

pentlando
21-05-2012, 01:34 PM
I truly hope he feels Northern Irish and isn't doing it just to play international football. Players using the connection rule when they clearly don't feel patriotic towards the nation they are choosing to play for is killing international football.

silverhibee
21-05-2012, 01:39 PM

That's what i was wondering.

Hibeesmad
21-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Mcpake has gone to Dubai.

pentlando
21-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Mcpake has gone to Dubai.

Does he have another grandparent??? :greengrin

DH1875
21-05-2012, 04:07 PM
If mcpake signs for hearts then Petrie needs shot.

Why? It would be McPake's decision to go there. If they offer him 3 times more than what we can afford it's obvious to me where he would go. It's all irrelevant if you ask me. Hearts, Celtic or whoever are looking at at least £250k for him. We're only looking at 100k because it was placed into the contract to take him.

If he goes to Celtic it just shows how low the Whole SPL is aiming next year.
McPake in Champions League :cb No where near good enough for that.

You ever heard of Motherwell :cb.

bob12345
21-05-2012, 04:23 PM
I don't get why Hearts would let go of Black and Skacel due to their wage requirements, then outbid everyone for McPake?

Billy Whizz
21-05-2012, 04:27 PM
I don't get why Hearts would let go of Black and Skacel due to their wage requirements, then outbid everyone for McPake?

Allan Preston works for the Company representing McPake, hence the Hearts noises. Hearts have made it clear that they need to live within their revenue steam so unless Zaliuskas, Webster and Barr are leaving I find this highly unlikely

Billychaotic182
21-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Heard that he is going to hearts also. I will be gutted if it's true.

DH1875
21-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Allan Preston works for the Company representing McPake, hence the Hearts noises. Hearts have made it clear that they need to live within their revenue steam so unless Zaliuskas, Webster and Barr are leaving I find this highly unlikely

Apparently he spends a lot of time with Preston and their always out together having dinner, lunch. He drove him down the road from Aberdeen last week so god only knows what crap he's filling his head with.

Winston Ingram
21-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Why would Hearts sign him? They're actively trying to cut their wage bill and already binned Ian Black.

McPake is on a Championship salary which would fly in the face of that. On top of that they have 2 excellent CB's so if they were going to buy anyone big earner it wouldn't be at CB i'd have thought

Billychaotic182
21-05-2012, 06:34 PM
If he signs for them then it shows that our board are not even trying to please the fans. How can they offer more than us now?

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 06:39 PM
If he signs for them then it shows that our board are not even trying to please the fans. How can they offer more than us now?

If he signs for them, its because he knows that they play with more passion than we do.

He probably feels as if coming to Hibs was the wrong option.

We don't sign passionate, hard working players. We sign complete and utter bellends instead.

Harsh, but so very true.

Billychaotic182
21-05-2012, 06:44 PM
If he signs for them, its because he knows that they play with more passion than we do.

He probably feels as if coming to Hibs was the wrong option.

We don't sign passionate, hard working players. We sign complete and utter bellends instead.

Harsh, but so very true.

Well we kinda do, Rankin was hard working and passionate but he was mince.

nonshinyfinish
21-05-2012, 06:45 PM

McPake is 27.

Avril Levein should be facing the firing squad regardless of who McPake decides to play for.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Well we kinda do, Rankin hard working and passionate but he was mince.

Yet, he hasn't been mince for Dundee Utd....

It's amazing how players who are apparently "mince" here are decent at this level at another SPL club.

Billy Whizz
21-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Slightly off topic but just noticed that Hearts have released Stephen Elliott and Gary Glen

one day maybe...
21-05-2012, 07:07 PM

It's amazing how players who are apparently "mince" here are decent at this level at another SPL club.

For what it is worth an thats not a lot as i don't pick the team, personally I liked Rankin, a hard working, honest good solid professional, who actually knew his limitations. But those types of players don't fit in at Hibs or so we keep being told by many on this board. :rolleyes:

S.sct
21-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Slightly off topic but just noticed that Hearts have released Stephen Elliott and Gary Glen

Good decision both are pish and would'nt get a game in our team (best insult I could hurl)

Irish_Steve
21-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Surely McPake or any of the other loanees can`t sign for another club until the transfer window opens??

btw, being Northern Irish, I think it`s fantastic news!

FifeeHibee
21-05-2012, 07:40 PM
For what it is worth an thats not a lot as i don't pick the team, personally I liked Rankin, a hard working, honest good solid professional, who actually knew his limitations. But those types of players don't fit in at Hibs or so we keep being told by many on this board. :rolleyes:

I quite liked him too, for the same reasons! Everyone seems to be screaming for 'hard working, honest good solid professionals'. They're not cheap!! And the pap about McPake going to the neanderthal diving cheats has to be a huge wind-up by them. They know he was our only true success this year. Others who have shown some bottle at various points this season are Boothe, Stevenson and Griffiths and a few others have done a bit- Wotherspoon, Kujabi:confused:, Hanlon and Osbourne come to mind. I hope McPake stays on and that we see a sudden turnaround in form- but I won't hold my breath.

DH1875
21-05-2012, 08:11 PM

Me too :agree:. Would have walked into Saturday's team.

Macaroon
21-05-2012, 08:13 PM

Vaz Te... :confused:

Billychaotic182
21-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Vaz Te... :confused:

Don't shoot me for this but I think Jimmy Scott will be another one that will find a new club an look like a goo player

fatbloke
21-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Apparently he spends a lot of time with Preston and their always out together having dinner, lunch. He drove him down the road from Aberdeen last week so god only knows what crap he's filling his head with.

How stupid must a footballer be to have Alan Preston doing his bidding,