PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon out - McLeish in?

c31
21-05-2012, 09:53 AM
About time we got rid of all the cheap options and went for someone with a proven track record, be honest only gullible fools think Fenlon is the man to lead us to an acceptable level in Scottish football.

McLeish, although he left us not in the best way he produced a good side from a team that was in the same state as we are now. He has done his 'English bit' and now I think it's time to temp him back.

C'mon Rod time to spend some money even if it puts the club in debt.

Shearer
21-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Couldn't agree more. Normally I would say give Fenlon time but if we could sound out McLeish and if he would be genuinely interested, then I would get rid of Fenlon and get McLeish in.

However, I seriously doubt we could tempt a manager of that calibre in the state we're in.

ahibby
About time we got rid of all the cheap options and went for someone with a proven track record, be honest only gullible fools think Fenlon is the man to lead us to an acceptable level in Scottish football.

McLeish, although he left us not in the best way he produced a good side from a team that was in the same state as we are now. He has done his 'English bit' and now I think it's time to temp him back.

I doubt it very much, but if he prepares for every game the way he did for Saturdays then PF won't last long. Hibs were at least two yards of the pace and seemed to not realise that they were in a game.

ForrieGreen
calm down, his job was to keep us up. I didnt even expect to get to the final, just unfortunate we had to lose to them. I still think Fenlon needs more time.

MrSmith
21-05-2012, 09:58 AM
No thanks!

McLeish was great for us once but never again. Pat is the man.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Fenlon got us to the final in the first place.

I personally don't think there was anything wrong with the way he set the team out. These losers just didn't look as if they were actually bothered.

I don't think it would have mattered how he had set the team up on saturday. You can't win big games like these with complete and utter losers.

Northernhibee
21-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Congratulations, you've won the "Most ludicrous thread on .net in years" award.

Honestly, beggars belief.

smurf
21-05-2012, 10:01 AM
GJP would need a lot of money and the G J P left us in chaos Dec 2001.

Leitherhibs
Oh dear.

Famous5forever

Not a bad shout but it wont happen well not untill the night before the next AGM Petrie will have that plan up his sleeve.

PatHead
21-05-2012, 10:03 AM
When McLeish left for Rangers I was delighted. We had hardly won any games in ages. He has done nothing as a manager since to make me think otherwise. No, no,no and no again.............as if life wasn't bad enough just now!

yeezus.
21-05-2012, 10:04 AM
No thanks, Fenlon needs time - as it has been mentioned dozens of times - he has kept us up and the Cup final was an added bonus. I like McLeish but PF is the man for the job.

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-05-2012, 10:05 AM
hahahaha. What a lot of s***e!!!

Just lost a final we weren't expected to get to, surprise surprise!!!! Anyone who has endured a season ticket at Easter Road this year should have, in the back of their mind suspected a bit of a hiding from Hertz!!!

Kaiser_Sauzee
21-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Fenlon: "There's no desire and we've got to change the players to change the outlook of the club"

Let him do his job FFS. :grr:

PatHead
21-05-2012, 10:08 AM
By the way Pep Guardiola doesn't have a club just now and he said he wanted a break from football so he should be a cert!

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Fenlon: "There's no desire and we've got to change the players to change the outlook of the club"

Let him do his job FFS. :grr:

:agree:

He knows what we have all known for years.

Lets see what he can do about it.

Saorsa
21-05-2012, 10:10 AM
oh dear :rolleyes:

Hibs7
21-05-2012, 10:10 AM
No thanks, ginger can gtf.

ronaldo7
21-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Congratulations, you've won the "Most ludicrous thread on .net in years" award.

Honestly, beggars belief.

:aok: Spot on.

Lucius Apuleius
21-05-2012, 10:18 AM

This.

Steve20
21-05-2012, 10:22 AM
If this chance came along, we should grab it. McLeish is a far better manager than Fenlon will ever be.

uk3doorsdown
21-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Bad move.

I honestly think Pat can change this clubs fortunes but he needs a big axe i think players, coaches, trainers will all be looking for new jobs this clubs mentality MUST change its time to shape a new histoy we need to bring in leaders and role moddels as coaches and players.

sleeping giant
21-05-2012, 10:26 AM
No thanks. He can GTF.

Not exactly set the heather on fire has he ?

The Hibs team were in decline when he left too.

MrSmith
21-05-2012, 10:26 AM
If this chance came along, we should grab it. McLeish is a far better manager than Fenlon will ever be.

Nah, don't think so!

What is good though, and a change from previous years, is the support Pat is getting, from the vast majority of Hibs fans, to continue the rebuilding. I think as a support we can galvanise a new era based around Pat Fenlon bringing the whole of Hibs closer.

Emerald
21-05-2012, 10:29 AM
No thanks, Fenlon needs time - as it has been mentioned dozens of times - he has kept us up and the Cup final was an added bonus. I like McLeish but PF is the man for the job.

Whilst I'm not advocating going out sacking Fenlon and bringing in McLeish (would be a start though), I just don't get what gives people the belief that PF is the right man? We got to the final by beating Cowdenbeath, Kilmarnock, Ayr United and Aberdeen, I'm not saying this wasn't a great achievement but its hardly managerial genius! He has shown by the players he's brought in (with the odd exception) and the form since he arrived absolutely nothing to make me believe he can do it. Its just blind faith to say you believe he can, where is the evidence? The players take a huge amount of blame for Saturday but they are his signings acting under his tactics and who he prepared for the biggest final in the clubs history. I believe he failed badly on Saturday to do any of these things and cannot just say I believe he is the right man for the job with nothing to back it up with. He kept us up but hey it wasnt very convincing was it?

We are Hibernian FC and we deserve better than this clutching at straws with managers who are cutting their teeth at this level. He has no experience of managing teams at this level and it shows. Hearts played with Driver and Susso on Saturday because eyebrows knew we would struggle to cope with the wide men and Black given all the room in the world to spray passes about. They didnt even have any strikers of note in their team, we were beaten on the wide areas and midfield, game over. Really hurting just now.

Hibbyradge
21-05-2012, 10:33 AM
I don't think the OP goes far enough.

The board should make a bold and positive statement of intent by publicly declaring that the new policy at Hibs is to replace managers if/when the team loses a game.

No excuses accepted, no concessions given. If we want success at Hibs, we should aim for perfection.

Sack 'em all. Sack 'em early, sack 'em often

Hanging's too good for some of them.

Wibble...

Just Alf
21-05-2012, 10:35 AM

That'll be a "No" then?

LOL!

:greengrin

gegs70
21-05-2012, 10:46 AM
we cant keep sacking managers! mcleish had a bigger wage budget back then too. Would he be able to bring in the same calibre of player like sauzie and latapy on our current budget?

Purehibee_MYB
21-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Pat achieved his target for this season. We can't be fickle and expect to win everything we go into as the final was an added bonus to a poor season over all.. I believe in giving Pat at least another season, I believe he can turn us around given the financial backing... McLeish is not welcome back either

scott7_0(Prague)
21-05-2012, 10:58 AM
The relegator no thanks.

Tha Cabbage Kid
21-05-2012, 10:59 AM
we finnished in 11th place FFS. to even get to the final was good.

and it showed on saturday. hearts were by far the better team. with or without the help of that suso!

our current manager deserves more respect.

:pfgwa behind you all the way PAT

muzzhfc
21-05-2012, 11:12 AM
yeah lets change manager. at the same time why dont we demolish ER and rebuild it as it was?

mcleish can only do good things when he has a big budget. hes just done awful at villa, was struggeling at the end with rangers. his teams are boring - villa, scotland, birmingham.
while we just got humiliated in the cup final, i think people are too quick to look past the players.

21-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Couldn't agree more. Normally I would say give Fenlon time but if we could sound out McLeish and if he would be genuinely interested, then I would get rid of Fenlon and get McLeish in.

However, I seriously doubt we could tempt a manager of that calibre in the state we're in.

:agree: He would have to accept a massive wage decrease aswell. There will be bigger, better clubs that will have McLeish on their radar I reckon and he would proberly choose them.

basehibby
21-05-2012, 11:23 AM

Hands up all the gullible fools - well here's one here for a start.

This is the guy that has turned Hibs around from a rag tag bunch of individuals in genuine freefall into a team that escaped relegation and reached a Scottish Cup Final for the first time in 10 years!

I like Alex McLeish (even if he did a Judas to join the huns) but remember he took over a team in very similar circumstances and what happened?

WE GOT RELEGATED - NO SCOTTISH CUP FINAL - NADA!

Not saying circumstances are identical OR that McLeish would be a bad option for manager but you are totally denying Fenlon any credit for what he has achieved so far in his time at Hibs - that and your insulting attitude to those of us that can see the wood for the trees earns you one of these IMO :clown:...

The Green Goblin
21-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Terrible idea.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 11:30 AM
McLeish is currently a complete failure.

We should be looking to replace the failures at our club with winners, not more failures!

DH1875
21-05-2012, 12:07 PM
calm down, his job was to keep us up. I didnt even expect to get to the final, just unfortunate we had to lose to them. I still think Fenlon needs more time.

Pat Fenlon didn't keep us up, Dunfermline did. I'm not saying he should go, we can't keep changing managers and talk of McLeish is just crazy but for me, if I'm honest the jury is still out on Pat. Time will tell I guess.

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 12:21 PM

No chance, man jumped ship when the huns came calling.....Has been poor at Brum and Villa, don't want to see that red faced, ginger headed welt, anywhere near Hibernian

Taz_hibee
21-05-2012, 12:40 PM
GJP would need a lot of money and the G J P left us in chaos Dec 2001.

Agreed, he has left every club he has managed in the **** then jumped ship or been sacked, a lucky man IMO to have had the jobs he has had.

PF is still the man to get us going next season once he has emptied out those cowards and brought in his own squad

Keep the Faith

GGTTH

SlickShoes
21-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Just posting in this thread so that it's easy to find next time I want a laugh.

Holmesdale Hibs
21-05-2012, 12:56 PM
No chance. Even if we sacked Fenlon, which we definitely should not, I wouldn't want McLeish back. Nor would he be interested if we asked.

We need to give managers time. The knee-jerk reaction has got us absolutely no where and nothing but temporary signings for the last 5 odd years.

1987green
21-05-2012, 01:17 PM
When was the last time we heard a Hibs manager come out and admit we are not good enough and need a total clear out. For far too long we have put up with comments like ' Ma boys gave it a right gid go and am proud o them' and the likes.At least Fenlon tells us how it actually is and that the mentality at the club is all wrong ie to soft to easy to beat. Give him time and let him build his own squad this time next year lets see where we are. As for I will kill football in the midlands by relegating both clubs in 2 years NO THANKS :pfgwa

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 01:22 PM
When was the last time we heard a Hibs manager come out and admit we are not good enough and need a total clear out. For far too long we have put up with comments like ' Ma boys gave it a right gid go and am proud o them' and the likes.At least Fenlon tells us how it actually is and that the mentality at the club is all wrong ie to soft to easy to beat. Give him time and let him build his own squad this time next year lets see where we are. As for I will kill football in the midlands by relegating both clubs in 2 years NO THANKS :pfgwa

Fenlon's honesty is certainly refreshing

TRC
21-05-2012, 01:28 PM
If you look at all McLeish's teams then he has a pattern of 1 1/2 to 2 seasons good then they just fall away this has been the case since his Motherwell days

Sudds_1
21-05-2012, 01:31 PM

Has he? really? evidence sugegsts otherwise.

Motherwell, us, Rankers, Birmingham...........achieved next to zilch with any of them. Indeed, left Motherwell in tatters...left us without achieving anything, did **** all at Rankers in the days where they had money to play with (albeit not their own!)......indifferent at Birmingham before jumping ship and following the money to Villa.

No thanks.he can rot down there IMHO.

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 01:55 PM

Motherwell, us, Rankers, Birmingham...........achieved next to zilch with any of them. Indeed, left Motherwell in tatters...left us without achieving anything, did **** all at Rankers in the days where they had money to play with (albeit not their own!)......indifferent at Birmingham before jumping ship and following the money to Villa.

excellent summation, end of thread........:greengrin

TheMentalHibees
21-05-2012, 02:20 PM
http://www.memecreator.net/holy-advice-dog/showimage.php/115/Not-sure-if-serious...-or-just-bad-at-satire.jpg

DH1875
21-05-2012, 02:33 PM
http://www.memecreator.net/holy-advice-dog/showimage.php/115/Not-sure-if-serious...-or-just-bad-at-satire.jpg

I just choose to ignore him. For what ever reason he just loves to have a wee go at me :yawn:.

basehibby
21-05-2012, 02:46 PM

Be fair - he won the Brumies only the second major trophy in their history! I know they got relegated but for a club like Birmingham that counts for something!

Also did well with Scotland and had Hibs playing our best football in decades, giving us Sauzee, Latapy and 6-2. Didn't like the way he left us but that's no reason to re-write history IMO.

Albion Hibs
21-05-2012, 02:51 PM
There is no point 1) looking at a manager that probably gets paid more in a week that our entire playing squad do in a month 2) looking at a manager that spends his way to victory when we are a club that does not spend money.

We need someone like Donald Park back on the youth side to bring through players on a consistant basis that can provide a positive impact on the first team, not the unrealitic target of 6 or 7 a year, but one maybe two would make a world of difference to us. In addition we need a manager that has a very strong scouting network and an ability to see a player that may be several leagues below.

None of the above equals a McLeish.

dp00
21-05-2012, 02:52 PM
We cant keep blaming the manager....

Fenlon done everything imo expected of him in the run up to the final, he took the players out of edinburgh and let them relax and train hard.

its not fenlons fault that the players were a bunch of losers

Albion Hibs
21-05-2012, 02:57 PM
We cant keep blaming the manager....

Fenlon done everything imo expected of him in the run up to the final, he took the players out of edinburgh and let them relax and train hard.

its not fenlons fault that the players were a bunch of losers

The seemed to carry that theme on through Saturday afternoon and into the evening by the sound of things.

We have a £6m training centre, the hertz seemed to manage with the presure as did the championship teams down south in advance of the play offs. I see now reason to be dragging the team on and off planes on the week running up the final.

ScottB
21-05-2012, 03:13 PM
McLeish? SERIOUSLY?

Think the green tinted specs are out big time for this guy. In his last calendar year in charge (2nd half of the 3rd place season then up until he left) I can remember us winning barely a handful of games. Yes, we had a solid team, but he also spent us into a hole it's taken till now to dig out of.

Give any manager we've had since a team of players with the skill of Sauzee and Latapy etc and they'd do at least as good as Eck, if not better.

Also of course the first slightly more interesting club that came along would have him away if he did do well, he has proven time and again to not have the slightest drop of loyalty.

Malonga's Cat
21-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Sack another manager?!

I'd stick with Paddy and give him a run at a full season at least.

Kato
21-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Pat Fenlon didn't keep us up, Dunfermline did.

Garbage.

seven nowt
21-05-2012, 03:45 PM

I can see your point mate, but that Dunfermline team will possibly get relegated from division 1! Fenlon has steadied the ship and no doubt the signings have been an improvement to what we once had...we beat a couple of sides that a club of our stature should be beating comfortably in the cup run and were anihilated by our bitter cheating rivals 5-1 in the Scottish Cup final. From what I can see, Fenlon has only one tactic which he uses every game and if it works, we get the result, if the tactic fails, there is no plan B. And his substitute choices are always the wrong ones as well.

Hibs in recent years have been taking gambles on players that not many had heard of who could turn out to be like de Graaf and often this is the case. If I could make one proposal, it would be that we signed established players that we knew would do a good job, ie. Johnny Hayes, Dean Shiels, Kevin Thompson, Ritchie Foran (in my opinion) There are players out there that are WAY within our reach, ie. Mackay-Steven when he was at Airdrie. But we seem to always ignore these options.

I'd have alot more faith in McLeish if he replaced Fenlon. Infact, I'd be very happy at the appointment although I doubt it will happen.

Stantons Angel
21-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Why would Hibs want a man who deserted them for the "glamour" of the bigger team in Glasgow at a time when our season then was dying? He stood on the pitch at Easter Road and told us he was Hibs man for as long as Hibs wanted and needed him. Then a few months later he was off to join one of our major competitors?.

He left them in the same mode to join Birmingham got them relegated and joined arch rivals Aston Villa where again he nearly had them relegated.

The man's character has been shown in his inablilty to be loyal to his employers on more than one occasion.

When he was with Hibs he had the likes of Sauzee and Latapy in the ranks to push the team back up to the Premier League.

That type of player is no were to be seen these days. If they are they are way out of our league financially.

Give Pat a chance....... to me he has shown his loyalty and his fighting spirit and i quite believe he will turn the club around but it wont be overnight. At least he will still be there should things go wrong. Were would Mr McLeish be disappearing to ?

Lets steady the ship first, regroup the playing staff and take it from there. the supporters have to be loyal and give him a chance. So stop putting more pressure on the man's back with suggesting new managers. Let him get on with his job!

DH1875
21-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Garbage.

I was trying to be sarcastic, maybe it didn't come across to well. BUT you have actually (along with others) given me some food for thought. IF they had signed up fat jim a month or two before they did, we'd be deep in the do-do the now.

snooky
21-05-2012, 04:15 PM

Jeez, wiz getting humped on Saturday no' sair enough?
Tae heck wi' Eck.

snooky
21-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Why would Hibs want a man who deserted them for the "glamour" of the bigger team in Glasgow at a time when our season then was dying? He stood on the pitch at Easter Road and told us he was Hibs man for as long as Hibs wanted and needed him. Then a few months later he was off to join one of our major competitors?.

He left them in the same mode to join Birmingham got them relegated and joined arch rivals Aston Villa where again he nearly had them relegated.

The man's character has been shown in his inablilty to be loyal to his employers on more than one occasion.

When he was with Hibs he had the likes of Sauzee and Latapy in the ranks to push the team back up to the Premier League.

That type of player is no were to be seen these days. If they are they are way out of our league financially.

Give Pat a chance....... to me he has shown his loyalty and his fighting spirit and i quite believe he will turn the club around but it wont be overnight. At least he will still be there should things go wrong. Were would Mr McLeish be disappearing to ?

Lets steady the ship first, regroup the playing staff and take it from there. the supporters have to be loyal and give him a chance. So stop putting more pressure on the man's back with suggesting new managers. Let him get on with his job!

On the money, S.A. :aok:

Hibby Bairn
21-05-2012, 04:18 PM
The seemed to carry that theme on through Saturday afternoon and into the evening by the sound of things.

We have a £6m training centre, the hertz seemed to manage with the presure as did the championship teams down south in advance of the play offs. I see now reason to be dragging the team on and off planes on the week running up the final.

It was Dublin we were in....no Singapore. They can probably get to Dublin faster than I can get up town in a bus.

Anyhow. Another drivel thread. I mean Alex McLeish....who next?....Bertie Auld anyone?

Violater
21-05-2012, 05:24 PM

Excellent post!

Stevo1875
21-05-2012, 05:36 PM

:top marks

Hibs On Tour
21-05-2012, 06:33 PM

Pish IMO. Winning stuff at the OF is a piece of pish. He got Birmingham relegated and almost did the same with Villa. With us, he took a team that had been relegated, spent more than any other team in Div 1 and got us unsurprisingly back up [not gonna downplay that]. Continued to spend big [in our terms] when he got back up, so hardly surprising some look at his time here with green-tinted specs. Left us in the mire after declaring he had unfinished business here.

GJP can get to ****.

PF did what his first season target was - kept us up. He also got us to the Scottish Cup Final for the 1st time in over a decade and only the 2nd time since the latter end of the 70s. All with the worst Hibs team in living memory. PF has done nothing to warrant getting his jotters and replaced by that turncoat ****er. He has certainly however done enough to warrant us giving him time to bin the sorry bunch of ****ers who aren't fit to wear the shirt there at present and start moulding a side with something approaching heart over the close season.

Original post is among the most bizarre I've read in years on here...

iain nolan
21-05-2012, 06:50 PM
pat fenlon was brought in to keep us in the spl job done . season over and fenlon tells players that there bunch of lossers, something he could not do due to fighting for spl and cup and he needed this bunch off lossers to save the club season . to me thats good management get them to save you then when safe tell them the truth you not good enouth for hibernian that take guts . fenlon was as pi**ed of as everbody else on sat and got sent off though it so dont even think off mcleish he be like the so many explayers that come back we need to go forward not back:flag:

Squealing pig
21-05-2012, 07:16 PM

he proved that this season lol

Eyrie
21-05-2012, 07:18 PM
The Ginger Judas is not a good manager. We started well when he could spend big, then were struggling under his management when he jumped ship for the Huns, leaving Sauzee to pick up the pieces (and ultimately pay for it with his job).

Williamson would be a better suggestion, and no-one wants to see him anywhere near Easter Road.

vahibbie
21-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Pat achieved his target for this season. We can't be fickle and expect to win everything we go into as the final was an added bonus to a poor season over all.. I believe in giving Pat at least another season, I believe he can turn us around given the financial backing... McLeish is not welcome back either

Did a hibby really write that:confused:

leithman
21-05-2012, 07:28 PM
No thanks!

McLeish was great for us once but never again. Pat is the man.

I loved Mcleish for a while, but it's easy to remember the promotion and forget that after a while he too was on the slippery slope and teams had him worked out.
Apart from Villa, I view him as a blitzkrieg manager who is great for the fast early hit, but eventually runs out of ideas and steam.

Sudds_1
21-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Be fair - he won the Brumies only the second major trophy in their history! I know they got relegated but for a club like Birmingham that counts for something!

Also did well with Scotland and had Hibs playing our best football in decades, giving us Sauzee, Latapy and 6-2. Didn't like the way he left us but that's no reason to re-write history IMO.

ok.maybe a tad selective, maybe I was 1% unfair to him. . But was he really the hero manager we had and lost?

Would you have him back?

sesoim
21-05-2012, 07:37 PM

Was His job REALLY just to keep us up? Fenlon himself likes to keep saying that, but when he took over we were 9th and only 6 points behind 6th place:

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/premier-league/2011-2012/table/2011-11-27

In terms of points average, Fenlon is even WORSE than CC. I'm not shouting for him to be sacked, but saying that his job was to keep us up is a cop out in my view. And he got to sign a hell of a lot more players than everybody else in January.

1987green
21-05-2012, 11:26 PM
pat fenlon was brought in to keep us in the spl job done . season over and fenlon tells players that there bunch of lossers, something he could not do due to fighting for spl and cup and he needed this bunch off lossers to save the club season . to me thats good management get them to save you then when safe tell them the truth you not good enouth for hibernian that take guts . fenlon was as pi**ed of as everbody else on sat and got sent off though it so dont even think off mcleish he be like the so many explayers that come back we need to go forward not back:flag:

At last some sense

edinburghhibee
21-05-2012, 11:46 PM
FFS give him a break, when he came in his goal was to keep us in the SPL. Job done, doesn't matter how he did it. Cup was a bonus and brought us in some much needed funds, hopefully these funds will go into the team. The situation at hibs was clearly much worse than he imagioned and I think this is the reason he brought in so many loan players. He will have been sounding out players since January I believe he will get a good caliber of player into er this pre season and they will be his players lets judge him this time next season and stop these pathetic threads.

GhostofBolivar
21-05-2012, 11:56 PM

How do you even know that Fenlon was the cheap option?

At a time when the entire future of Scottish football is in a great deal of doubt your master plan is to commit the club to increasing it's debt? With the apocalypse happening at Ibrox, how do you even know there'll be money available to keep Hibs' budget at it's current level? I'd be very surprised if most clubs aren't scaling back their spending because they expect even lower levels of finance in the SPL next year.

But hey, why not, let's increase the chances of the club going bust to hire McLeish. It's not like we almost went bankrupt the last time he was here.

marleyhib
22-05-2012, 12:16 AM
No danger McLeish

Get behind Pat 100% he needs all of our support next season.

GraniteCityHibs
22-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Nah, don't think so!

What is good though, and a change from previous years, is the support Pat is getting, from the vast majority of Hibs fans, to continue the rebuilding. I think as a support we can galvanise a new era based around Pat Fenlon bringing the whole of Hibs closer.

:agree::top marks

Feels like the penny has finally dropped with the majority that it's an entire club culture that needs to be changed as opposed to one or two loan signings to paper over the cracks. This is a legacy he's been burdened with.

Pat needs backing to get this clearout done.

If it takes another year of scrapping in the bottom 2 or 3 to get this clearout job done then so be it!

CRAZYHIBBY
22-05-2012, 11:55 AM
We dont have the money to give mcleish.....he signed around 50 players If im right and used to tinker about with the team and sign new player every other week.....plus we paid big wages back then......couldnt see us doing that this time though

hopefulhibby
22-05-2012, 11:55 AM
he proved that this season lol
Exactly he got Birmingham relegated and done his utmost to get Villa relegated, when Fenlon goes he must be replaced by a knowledgable manager

calmac12000
22-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Hibs have suffered tremendously in recent years due to the stupid revolving door policy which has been in operation for much of the recent past. In addition at a time when so much damage has been done to the sporting integrity of football by the Rangers fiasco, it would be criminal to follow their example.
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: