PDA

View Full Version : After a previous, even worse, SC Final humping!

KazHibby
21-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Been thinking on my way back to Kuwait last night, avoiding the numerous jamboids in the airports, about a previous SC Final humping that I had the fortune to attend, and in particular what happened in the following season. The Dryburgh Cup and League Cup came to ER and then came the 1st of January 1973!

Could this be the fillip we need for the start of a new Hibs renaissance!!!

GGTTH

Hibernia&Alba
21-05-2012, 09:22 AM
I really feel for fans like yourself who spent so much time and money travelling from all across the world to watch that. You deserved better and must now wish you had stayed home and watched it in a bar.

lapsedhibee
21-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Been thinking on my way back to Kuwait last night, avoiding the numerous jamboids in the airports, about a previous SC Final humping that I had the fortune to attend, and in particular what happened in the following season. The Dryburgh Cup and League Cup came to ER and then came the 1st of January 1973!

Could this be the fillip we need for the start of a new Hibs renaissance!!!

GGTTH

Difference being that the successful team and the humped team in the 1970s were almost the same, and the humpees used the experience to spur them on the following season.

At the moment it's not looking like there'll be many of the players still around next season to remember the 2012 humping.

PS Griffiths signs for Hearts on Thursday.

Hibs7
21-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Ps no chance Griffiths would sign for Hearts, more chance of me winning the euro millions lottery.

hibernianyank
21-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Difference

PS Griffiths signs for Hearts on Thursday.
No Chance!!!!!

KazHibby
21-05-2012, 10:39 AM
I really feel for fans like yourself who spent so much time and money travelling from all across the world to watch that. You deserved better and must now wish you had stayed home and watched it in a bar.

Couldn't have missed that one, for anything!

I managed 5 or 6 games this season mainly December/ January and at that time felt relegation was a real possibility, PF has at least kept us up! With the summer clear out and new players arriving (not all from the Irish league I hope), it must give us some hope for the future. I hear Torres is not happy at Chelsea!

On the down side I have two jambos in my office here:rolleyes: