PDA

View Full Version : This has brought about the worst in us.

Hibernian Verse
21-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Everyone understands how everyone is feeling. We just got horsed 5-1 in a national cup final to our neighbours and it's perhaps the lowest point of the club's history.

A lot of people have come on here and are saying 'lets show this club that it needs to get in order' etc etc. So I'm just wondering why the best way to do this is to write letters with numerous expletives, attack the players over social media and just generally come on here plastering capitals all over the board.

In the game we may have seen the worst of the players and Fenlon towards the end, but my god this has brought out the worst in US as a fan base.

It's time to come together as something constructive, as all we're doing just now is being even more destructive than the result on Saturday.

:flag:

TheEastTerrace
21-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Everyone understands how everyone is feeling. We just got horsed 5-1 in a national cup final to our neighbours and it's perhaps the lowest point of the club's history.

A lot of people have come on here and are saying 'lets show this club that it needs to get in order' etc etc. So I'm just wondering why the best way to do this is to write letters with numerous expletives, attack the players over social media and just generally come on here plastering capitals all over the board.

In the game we may have seen the worst of the players and Fenlon towards the end, but my god this has brought out the worst in US as a fan base.

It's time to come together as something constructive, as all we're doing just now is being even more destructive than the result on Saturday.

What do we do then? I'm not being funny, I genuinely want to do something about the malaise at our football club. The message needs to hit home some how.

Kato
21-05-2012, 09:18 AM

Away ye go. It's the monday after an awful day for the club. Things are pretty restrained if you ask.

Hibernian Verse
21-05-2012, 09:19 AM
What do we do then? I'm not being funny, I genuinely want to do something about the malaise at our football club. The message needs to hit home some how.

Obviously there's not a lot we can do until the new season, I just feel like it's causing more harm than it needs to at the moment. The players getting the abuse won't be here next season that's one (awful) avenue gone, letters to PF likely won't get read.

Hibernian Verse
21-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Away ye go. It's the monday after an awful day for the club. Things are pretty restrained if you ask.

Go on to Claros' facebook, and the numerous twitter's of the players and come back and tell me things are pretty restrained.

John_the_angus_hibby
21-05-2012, 09:23 AM
The board knows it must do better. It has recruited a manager to try to do that. Nobody recruits a manager to fail or underperforme. We have been unfortunate with the choices and been living with miss managed situations in regards to 'the meeting' and letting managers go to early or late. But we sometimes get it right. Here is hoping that Paddy is one of the right ones.

We were fortunate to get to the final in the midst of a rescue season. A season where we were lucky not to be relegated. It should be no surprise we lost. We are more often poor and Hearts often aren't.

It is not the end. We had a final day out and enjoyable build up following an amazingly pish season. Remember things come about. We horsed Killie a couple of years ago in a cup final. They did alright in the same comp this year.

Let's relax a bit and look ahead to what will defo be a new look team. Combining the best of what we have or want to keep and some good honest pros who will add to the team, contribute and play for the shirt. Mabel with some surprises and gems.

A makeshift team lost that final. I've already moved on.

TheEastTerrace
21-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Obviously there's not a lot we can do until the new season, I just feel like it's causing more harm than it needs to at the moment. The players getting the abuse won't be here next season that's one (awful) avenue gone, letters to PF likely won't get read.

That's where I slightly disagree. I think there needs to a genuine attempt to constructively 'speak' to the club once the dust has settled (if it ever will) on Saturday's game. I don't know if this means the first attempts to having fan representation in a formal capacity at Easter Road, but we cannot continue on like this.

Kato
21-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Go on to Claros' facebook, and the numerous twitter's of the players and come back and tell me things are pretty restrained.

I don't do facebook or twitter. From what I hear neither does Claros. If some other players do do twitter etc then more fool them - there are loads of idiots out there and to be honest there time could be spent more fruitfully. Getting all upset over a few idiots and asking the fans to galvanise on a Monday morning after THAT for me is showing zero understanding of what just happened. It could be a lot, lot worse if you ask me.

Heckys Wheel
21-05-2012, 09:31 AM

You're right but I was just reading the abuse on Claros' facebook page and unfortunately you'll never get people like that to see reason.

Ignorant, some racist and just downright stupid.

"****** off back to Cuba or wherever it is your from"

Deary me.

spike220
21-05-2012, 09:39 AM

I kind of agree, but what suggestions do you have. My fear is that we stew in these juices for the whole summer and beyond! At what point do we put it beyond us? Is there a Hibs net agony aunt that can help us all?

HibsMax
21-05-2012, 09:50 AM

Disagree. The game is less than two days old. Let the fans vent our frustrations.

I agree that people shouldn't be sending abusive messages to the players but there's nothing wrong with people spilling their guts on here.

Hiber-nation
21-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Disagree. The game is less than two days old. Let the fans vent our frustrations.

I agree that people shouldn't be sending abusive messages to the players but there's nothing wrong with people spilling their guts on here.

:agree:

To expect fans to be calm after the worst result in our history beggars belief.

Gatecrasher
21-05-2012, 10:07 AM

Well said max I don't want people abusing our players but I have no problem letting them know exactly what they think of thei inept performance on Saturday

Hibernian Verse
21-05-2012, 10:08 AM
:agree:

To expect fans to be calm after the worst result in our history beggars belief.

I don't expect anyone to be calm, I was putting forward that some people could be a bit less vociferous in nature.

Also, I presume you're saying it's ok to give players racist abuse? That was my point regarding facebook/twitter.

Kato
21-05-2012, 10:27 AM
I don't expect anyone to be calm, I was putting forward that some people could be a bit less vociferous in nature.

Also, I presume you're saying it's ok to give players racist abuse? That was my point regarding facebook/twitter.

So talk about them then and leave the rest of the fans to vent. Clumping racists/twitterclowns and ordinary fans together as "us" doesn't do your argument any favours. We've got all summer to put up with jambo cr@p.

What do you want people to do? Doff their caps to passing jambos and pat our poor, diddums players on the back?

The support will galvanise, we always sdo. Hopefully the club will make some moves to start getting us to become more professional on and off the park, hopefully that is.

But if you think this the "worst in us" think again. Things could be a whole lot worse.