PDA

View Full Version : Thank You From Section 43

Chuck Rhoades
21-05-2012, 08:08 AM
On behalf of the group I would just like to thank the Hibernian supporters for their encouragement, backing and support both financially and physically this season. Without your support, we wouldn't have been able to achieve anything this year.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2mpyi60.jpg

At the beginning of the season we took a lot of criticism for various actions; however I hope we have shown what we are about and what we are trying to achieve.

We will be working hard over the summer to plan ahead for next season to ensure we improve once again.

http://i46.tinypic.com/k2dy61.jpg

Many thanks,

Section 43

joe breezy
21-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Well done, the display looked great, top effort!

Joe's ice cream
21-05-2012, 08:15 AM
I would echo other comments on here which compliment all your hard work and commitment- Sat was fantastic - my 11 year old son was blown away with it- and it helped to ramp the emotion up for me to a point that i was actualy in tears before the game had begun. :flag::flag:

As much as Sat thou, thanks for your work across the season in which we have had to cling to hope !!

GGTTH

Hibs7
21-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Brilliant piece of work and looked amazing from the opposite stand, certainly showed up the Jambos from support perspective.

21-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Massive well done to you all, the display was fantastic. You all did this club proud :thumbsup:

Cant wait to see what you do next season!

One Day Soon
21-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Your display was the star of the show. You gave our supporters the weapons they needed to outshine the Hearts fans - which they did spectacularly - and for that I will be eternally grateful.

Take a bow - and start thinking about how you will outdo that next time. Because there will be a next time.

Saorsa
21-05-2012, 08:42 AM
aye well done folks:thumbsup: it's a pity the ****in' team could give as much effort.

Taz_hibee
21-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Well done guys you did the Hibs family proud, shame it did not motivate the cowards on the pitch :top marks

Benny Brazil
21-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Anybody have any photos from Sat of the card display? i was in the North holding up my card but havent seen what it looked like

Viva_Palmeiras
21-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Fabulous def the best thing about the day - you did yourselves and the club proud thanks for taking time-out to plan setup and execute.

Btw what was the message revealed at the bottom of the north stand?

LeithBoozy
21-05-2012, 08:55 AM
I was proud to hold-up a wee piece of sunshine! how did you manage to settle on the display. Was there any technical difficulties you had to overcome. How did you work it all out, it was a really first-class display.

WHUHibs
21-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Very Impressive, i have been to many west ham games where the atmosphere is brilliant and made up by constant singing I didnt think it could be outdone, however Saturday was special apart from the match. Well done! The crop of players don't deserve our support but we are a tribe who all feel the pain.

gegs70
21-05-2012, 09:00 AM
fantastic display made me feel proud the to be a hibby and must have looked great on the telly. Then they who cannot be mentioned entered the arena and hopw faded.....never seen so many people drift out with 30 minutes still to play.....

S4uzee
21-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Well done guys, keep it up

Hibbylad86
21-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Brilliant work guys! The display looked class on tv when I watch the replay (I was in the North stand with my white card).

Keep it up - we need more fans/supporters groups like sect 43. Your a credit to the club

Chuck Rhoades
21-05-2012, 09:05 AM
The banners at the bottom read 'Sunshine From Leith' however they werent very noticeable, will learn from that next time.

We thought we were going to be short of card at one point, but we were fine in the end..

Mister P
21-05-2012, 09:16 AM
The banners at the bottom read 'Sunshine From Leith' however they werent very noticeable, will learn from that next time.

We thought we were going to be short of card at one point, but we were fine in the end..
Were you one of the original 'Capital Greens'?

spike220
21-05-2012, 09:24 AM
At least our fans came out on top!

blackpoolhibs
21-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Well done everyone involved, you are a credit to the club. :top marks

Hibernia&Alba
21-05-2012, 09:27 AM
The display was top notch and really created a big occasion feeling, though, sadly, that feeling didn't appear to get through to the players. Well done to all who put in their time to help set it up, you did us proud. :aok:

TheEastTerrace
21-05-2012, 09:32 AM
On behalf of the group I would just like to thank the Hibernian supporters for their encouragement, backing and support both financially and physically this season. Without your support, we wouldn't have been able to achieve anything this year.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2mpyi60.jpg

At the beginning of the season we took a lot of criticism for various actions; however I hope we have shown what we are about and what we are trying to achieve.

We will be working hard over the summer to plan ahead for next season to ensure we improve once again.

http://i46.tinypic.com/k2dy61.jpg

Many thanks,

Section 43

Well done lads. Was a true highlight to see the visual displays.

Robinho08
21-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Watching the flags and card display on the telly brought a tear to my eye. It must have been awesome to see in the flesh. We out shone their support, shame the team couldnt do the same on the pitch.

Well done S43, keep up the good work.

marleyhib
21-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Top notch, well done to all involved.

Even my brother in law who is a Jambo said that our pre match display looked far better than theirs.

Us fans did our part, you guys certainly helped massively in that, keep up the good work.

GGTTH

The_Todd
21-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Hearts had a display? Other than the big flag i didnt see anything.

21-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Hearts had a display? Other than the big flag i didnt see anything.

That was more or less it. There was a few white streamers as well but that was it. Looked pathetic compared to what we had.

mickki40
21-05-2012, 11:04 AM
I was proud to hold-up a wee piece of sunshine! how did you manage to settle on the display. Was there any technical difficulties you had to overcome. How did you work it all out, it was a really first-class display.

Firstly we agreed on the design. Then I was asked how much card we needed. Having already done the semi final display it was quite easy to do quantities as we knew how many seats were in each row. When laying the sun itself out I plus another marked the circle out with barrier tape we then filled inside the tape with yellow. I then sat in the South stand with a 2 way radio and asked my matey to take out various bits of card to make it a circle. We then stretched barriar tape into Sun rays and then filled each Ray in with green or white. More planning goes into the display than the actual setting up. At one stage I had every seat number in Hampden from D1-D5 to make it accurate as possible. This is just a basic design in My opinion, and as a section we can improve on that. The great thing I like about the whole thing is to see people overcome problems and a sense of community in the whole project. We will be back next season as usual. So thanks for all your support this season. Let's hope we have a good pre-season schedhule and a good display at Hampden next year. GGTTH

col02
21-05-2012, 11:07 AM
The display on Saturday was quality and certainly for me showed the level of pride and dedication we have in our support. I will be looking forward to next season to seeing similar displays. Pity as so many have said in that the commitment and passion showed in the stands cannot be replicated by enough people on the pitch.

sleeping giant
21-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Excellent effort guys. Outstanding:hibees

mglancy23
21-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Well done to everyone involved in the display :aok:

down-the-slope
21-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Firstly we agreed on the design. Then I was asked how much card we needed. Having already done the semi final display it was quite easy to do quantities as we knew how many seats were in each row. When laying the sun itself out I plus another marked the circle out with barrier tape we then filled inside the tape with yellow. I then sat in the South stand with a 2 way radio and asked my matey to take out various bits of card to make it a circle. We then stretched barriar tape into Sun rays and then filled each Ray in with green or white. More planning goes into the display than the actual setting up. At one stage I had every seat number in Hampden from D1-D5 to make it accurate as possible. This is just a basic design in My opinion, and as a section we can improve on that. The great thing I like about the whole thing is to see people overcome problems and a sense of community in the whole project. We will be back next season as usual. So thanks for all your support this season. Let's hope we have a good pre-season schedhule and a good display at Hampden next year. GGTTH

:not worth Well done sir - my girls enjoyed getting involved in set up and seeing it all come off (few butterflies at 2.58 with everyone in North waving flags and little sign of card :greengrin) that the disappointment of the match itself was not so great :aok:

LeithBoozy
21-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the Info Mickki, I hoped it would look good. I don't think you will have any problems with your collections next season, as you and the other lads surpassed all our expectations. Well done again mate, give yourselves a BIG pat on the back. :thumbsup:

jacomo
21-05-2012, 11:44 AM

Agree. It looked amazing. The fans were the one positive on Saturday.

DMR1875
21-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks to sect 43, excellent work:top marks

KdyHby
21-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Fantastic work this season lads. :hibees:flag:

Will be buying a Sect 43 scarf at the end of this month, and making monthly online contributions towards future displays.

The Falcon
21-05-2012, 05:36 PM
What everyone else has said. :aok:

By the time the teams came out I felt like I was 20 again and ready to run through brick walls. Some of our players should have been watching.

fitothewalk
21-05-2012, 06:49 PM
top show from a top support best cup final pre-match show ive seen BAR NONE considering the season weve endured sect 43 take a bow some effort-our club could learn a lot from there support:not worth:not worth:not worth

semaj64
21-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Agree with everything siad so far, was brill and certainly showed the rest of Scotland how put on a display, lets hope the board can take note and get that pride back into the team
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Paisley Hibby
21-05-2012, 07:05 PM

What he said :agree:

Eyrie
21-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks to all involved for Sect43's excellent work this season.

NAE NOOKIE
21-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Always been a fan of section 43 and have been a wee bit annoyed at some of the negative stuff posted about them over the season just past.

It was a great display and matched the passion of the Hibs fans which gave the Yams a right showing up until the team decided to knock the stuffing out of us. Even the Yams I have spoken to testified to that .. the honest ones at least.

By the way .... " Blood doesnt show up on Maroon " .... Cheers, but when I want washing tips I'll tune into Kirsty's home made Britain.

On that note I have an idea for a huge flag for next year:

A huge Hibs shirt with ......... 19/05/2012 NEVER AGAIN !!!' .......... written on it.

oldbiker
21-05-2012, 08:05 PM
That sunshine was awesome and the flags etc really made the day.

Now then if you have got 11 guys in the section that kick a ball with the same passion and commitment maybe you need a wee word wi Pat

Fenriz
21-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Guys, your efforts on Saturday are one of the main reasons that I have any semblance of optimism for next season, display and flags were a very proud moment- the pictures remind me why I'm proud to be a Hibee despite an abysmal weekend. I chucked a few quid in the buckets before the Dunfermline game- in future I'll be more than happy to throw three or four times as much in, knowing what a great job you're capable of. :flag:

Johnny Clash
21-05-2012, 09:00 PM
The display and the flags were brilliant! They really helped stir up the atmosphere to fever pitch.

Hibs players should feel motivated every time they put on a Hibs strip and to have 23,000 fanatical supporters screaming their guts out should have had them playing like green tornadoes! Shocking that most never broke sweat.

My two teenage sons and their mates were still buzzing about the great Hibs support even when they were feeling 'gutted' after watching such a nightmare of a game.
So it's the efforts of fellow Hibees that helps us keep the faith and it's about time the players and the Board did their bit.

The team's been dreadful this season but the fans have steadily got their act together thanks to Section 43 and I'm sure this will get better. The more influence the fans have the better as far as I'm concerned.

So well done to everyone involved. Will definitely be donating more next season

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-05-2012, 09:03 PM
I've been really impressed with the sect43 lads. :hibees

Cannae wait to get my S43 scarf in June.

:aok:

steakbake
21-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Good effort on Saturday by the way. Thank you.

Hopefully we'll have better to cheer about next season at ER.

Jonnyboy
21-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Always been a fan of section 43 and have been a wee bit annoyed at some of the negative stuff posted about them over the season just past.

It was a great display and matched the passion of the Hibs fans which gave the Yams a right showing up until the team decided to knock the stuffing out of us. Even the Yams I have spoken to testified to that .. the honest ones at least.

By the way .... " Blood doesnt show up on Maroon " .... Cheers, but when I want washing tips I'll tune into Kirsty's home made Britain.

On that note I have an idea for a huge flag for next year:

A huge Hibs shirt with ......... 19/05/2012 NEVER AGAIN !!!' .......... written on it.

:agree:

Brilliant job guys, well done :thumbsup:

R'Albin
21-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Walked in right as it was going on due to ticketing issues, it was amazing, had goosebumps. The noise was scary.

Shame the atmosphere in our stand was ruined by a group of old pricks who were telling us to "****ing sit down" literally 10 seconds into the game.

cammy1969
21-05-2012, 09:12 PM
A big well done to all the guys Who made it possible it was fantastic just 1 of the things that makes me proud to be Hibernian thru and thru GGTTH

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?kvj4g4
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keithkeith
21-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Tremendous display. Looked great from the main stand and made the hairs on my neck stand up when I was jumping about singing "Come on feel the noize" looking at the display...Well done!

Capt Mainwaring
21-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Brilliant effort guys - you are a real credit to the fans and the club.

We were in South Stand Upper so whilst we were disappointed we never got a flag we had a brilliant panoramic view of the whole display and could compare to the other half of the stadium.

You knocked their flag and streamers out the park. No contest.

Just a pity the gutless ones on the park could follow the fans lead.

We'll done everyone involved for the huge effort made:thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
21-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Even allowing for the final result, I can honestly say that my heart welled with pride when I walked out to my seat in the South Stand. The SoL display, flags, colours, noise, utter devotion and the sheer will for the team to succeed will live with me forever. You know what? At least we're not Jambo's. I would NEVER trade places with them, just for a SC win. GGTTH :flag:Well done to all involved.

Kato
21-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Top notch, no doubt about it. Professional organisation as well. Supported you guys from the start as I had no doubt any group of determined Hibs could do whatever they wanted.

Hopefully we get the chance to put another production soon.

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Good to see you guys being thanked on the official site for your efforts. It's well deserved.