PDA

View Full Version : Supporters trust

graciehfc
21-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Do we have someone from the trust on the board, we as supporters feeel the pain year in and year out and always will we want to compete for europe and cups but with the financial strictness of the board i doubt we ever will how many of us would be happy to donate say £10 a month only for either wages or transfers think how many hibbys live worldwide and cant get to many games am sure we could raise some amount of cash through this i aint got the brains for all the complications but surley this would benefit our club and we would know that our money was being spent on the team.

Just an idea
GGTTH

pentlando
21-05-2012, 08:48 AM
All money already earned by Hibernian F.C is spent by Hibernian F.C. Would be great if they spent all the money they earned on the team, but a football club is much more than the team. The amount of money spent on the team is not the problem here, Hibs have consistently spent more than most in the SPL with the exception of OF and Hearts. The problem is that a series of managers and players have not worked as a unit at Hibs for the best part of 4 years now. Fenlon has a lot of players leaving the club this summer and therefore plenty room to create and mould a better team for next season. Lets give him his chance and judge his success on next season.

PatHead
21-05-2012, 08:56 AM
All money already earned by Hibernian F.C is spent by Hibernian F.C. Would be great if they spent all the money they earned on the team, but a football club is much more than the team. The amount of money spent on the team is not the problem here, Hibs have consistently spent more than most in the SPL with the exception of OF and Hearts. The problem is that a series of managers and players have not worked as a unit at Hibs for the best part of 4 years now. Fenlon has a lot of players leaving the club this summer and therefore plenty room to create and mould a better team for next season. Lets give him his chance and judge his success on next season.

Don't think anyone doubts that all the money coming in gets spent wisely but surely if money was "ring fenced" like the season ticket money with a promise it would go on players would be no bad thing. It may raise extra cash which in this day and age is always welcome. Agree with the OP.

Maybe the membership scheme could deal with this allowing people who can't afford the season tickets to contribute whilst gate money is covering day to day costs.

graciehfc
21-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I just feel that so many fans turn up on the big occaissons and still have the cheek to moan about our club if we could have a scheme were there was more money from these said fans who turn up mayb once or twice a season we could mount a serious challenge.how many fans do we each know that dnt go to games could imagine us all donating monthly i think we could raise well into a million plus a year through this type of scheme i love my club and we now have the stadium facilities just now for Pat to be supported by us and the board

The_Todd
21-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Yes, 20,000 fans a week would help us build a great team no doubt. But do Motherwell pull more fans than us? United? St Mirren? I don't think so. We've spent two years struggling to keep up with teams with half our support, our problems go much deeper than money.