PDA

View Full Version : Hibs team season 2012/13

Hibeesmad
21-05-2012, 03:17 AM
Realistic team you would like to have next season?

For me:

Stack

Francomb
Mcpake
Hanlon
Tesselar

Swanson
Osbourne
Stevenson
Hayes

Hasselbaink
Griffiths

Beefster
21-05-2012, 06:09 AM

For me:

Stack

Francomb
Mcpake
Hanlon
Tesselar

Swanson
Osbourne
Stevenson
Hayes

Hasselbaink
Griffiths

I'd be devastated if we start the new season with the same central midfield as failed us for the vast majority of this season. If we've any aspiration of big improvement, we need more than four new players.

Francombe couldn't cement a place in the worst Hibs team in decades either so why he'd be in an 'improved' team is beyond me.

brianmc
21-05-2012, 06:18 AM
I stopped reading that team after the goalie...

realistically Mcpake and Griffith are worth offering a deal-the other imposters from this season should never even be allowed back to east mains to clear out their lockers! ********s.

Leishy1995
21-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Players like Zaluska and Pernis are out of contract this summer, both are much better keepers than Stack!

SouthamptonHibs
21-05-2012, 11:39 AM
I'd be devastated if we start the new season with the same central midfield as failed us for the vast majority of this season. If we've any aspiration of big improvement, we need more than four new players.

Francombe couldn't cement a place in the worst Hibs team in decades either so why he'd be in an 'improved' team is beyond me.

That team would get relegated...central midfield is awful....Stevenson tries hard and runs around but the lad has no quality on the ball...Osbourne is slow and off the pace and is careless on the ball
. Hibs need a real midfield due to run the show. Central midfielders ahould score goals both off these players don't contibute much to anything positive to our goals for column. Hasselbank looks average at best

Frogga
21-05-2012, 11:48 AM
No disrespect to the OP but I can't stand these hypothetical 'future team' threads. It's highly unlikely any of us will predict the signings we will make so guessing a whole future team seems a bit silly.

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-05-2012, 11:57 AM
I think the only person I'd have in my starting team is James McPake and Paul Hanlon. They have been great in central defence. If we had a midfield (wide midfield) that defended, we might stop conceding goals.

That said, Hanlon and McPake start and we have a new team to find. Osbourne can stay as well as long as he is utilised in his BEST position (centre mid). The way he was used on Saturday was naive.

As for Lewis Stevenson, great pro. Not athletic, dynamic or creative enough. No other team would have him.

1875 NO 1
21-05-2012, 12:01 PM

For me:

Stack

Francomb
Mcpake
Hanlon
Tesselar

Swanson
Osbourne
Stevenson
Hayes

Hasselbaink
Griffiths

We need a big target man. And a new centre mid. Jodi Morris is out of contract. I'd sign him.

Squealing pig
21-05-2012, 12:02 PM

For me:

Stack

Francomb

Mcpake
Hanlon
Tesselar

Swanson
Osbourne
Stevenson
Hayes

Hasselbaink
Griffiths

dont give up day job mate this team sucks. stevenson had handful of shots on goal all season, maybe not even that much. osbourne na, no thanks. hassilbaink aye jimmy flyod no that wee gimp from st mirren id rather have a youth player from our team. keep mcpake and griffiths, hanlon will be there nay doubt, any 1 out of contract see ya. lets get some winners in this team, with millions to spend we should b ok.

SteveHFC
21-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Experienced goalkeeper

Experienced Right Back
James McPake
Experienced Center-Back
Experienced Left-Back

Experienced Right-Mid
Experienced Center-Mid
Experienced Center-Mid
Experienced Left-Mid

A Quality Goal scoring striker

:aok:

danhibees1875
21-05-2012, 12:10 PM
GK

RB or Francomb
CB
Mcpake(But don't bend over backwards/break the bank to get him)
LB

RM
Stevenson
CM
Booth

CF
Griffiths(Again, only on our terms)

EDIT: & Hanlon, forgot about him.

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 12:17 PM

For me:

Stack

Francomb
Mcpake
Hanlon
Tesselar

Swanson
Osbourne
Stevenson
Hayes

Hasselbaink
Griffiths

Osbourne is a complete waste of a jersey, with a tomorrow will do attitude to his play......

DH1875
21-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Osbourne is a complete waste of a jersey, with a tomorrow will do attitude to his play......

Spot on :top marks. I must be watching a different team to most on here cause Ozzie has to be one of the most overrated players to wear a Hibs jersey.

archiebald
21-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Heard from a mate they are after player from Carlisle - he gave me no name.anyone heard anything ?

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Spot on :top marks. I must be watching a different team to most on here cause Ozzie has to be one of the most overrated players to wear a Hibs jersey.

He has never impressed me at all, he runs at a snails pace, looks laboured, does not track back, looks like bambi on ice when he has the ball, heart of a midge's tit to boot....

Sir David Gray
21-05-2012, 12:31 PM
New GK

New RB
McPake
New CH
New LB

New RM
New CM
New CM
New LM

Griffiths
New CF

SUBS

New player
New player
New player
New player
New player
Stevenson
Doyle

Treadstone
21-05-2012, 12:32 PM
We need a big target man. And a new centre mid. Jodi Morris is out of contract. I'd sign him.

Jodi Morris is a great shout .

keep the faith
21-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Start with kevin thomson and dean shiels. both do-able if we are serious about improving and both exactly what we need in a new midfield.

Treadstone
21-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Heard from a mate they are after player from Carlisle - he gave me no name.anyone heard anything ?

Probably François Zoko rumours that the clown was after him last year . I have a friend who has seen him and thinks he is quite good . Lets face it bar 15-20 players the standard in the SPL is top half League One at best.

500miles
21-05-2012, 12:38 PM
I think the only person I'd have in my starting team is James McPake and Paul Hanlon. They have been great in central defence. If we had a midfield (wide midfield) that defended, we might stop conceding goals.

That said, Hanlon and McPake start and we have a new team to find. Osbourne can stay as well as long as he is utilised in his BEST position (centre mid). The way he was used on Saturday was naive.

As for Lewis Stevenson, great pro. Not athletic, dynamic or creative enough. No other team would have him.

Apart from St. Johnstone who were monitoring his contract situation a couple of months ago.

DH1875
21-05-2012, 12:41 PM
New GK

New RB
McPake
New CH
New LB

New RM
New CM
New CM
New LM

Griffiths
New CF

SUBS

New player
New player
New player
New player
New player
Stevenson
Doyle

Erm........... So what your saying is that we're proper ducked then.

Treadstone
21-05-2012, 12:42 PM
If there is one thing that McPake shows us . It is that there are players out there under the radar . A hard working management team utilising contacts should be able to field a decent team by SPL standards .

David Murphy freed from Middlesborough , one of my favourite Hibs players ever .

Sir David Gray
21-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Erm........... So what your saying is that we're proper ducked then.

If the majority of the current squad are in the starting 18 on the first day of the new season in August then we are in big trouble.

CmoantheHibs
21-05-2012, 01:00 PM
I think the only person I'd have in my starting team is James McPake and Paul Hanlon.

Is James McPake and Paul Hanlon one person?:greengrinNo wonder we have been so garbage this season.We were only playing with 10 men.:wink:

HibsNutter
21-05-2012, 01:22 PM
The primary objective is to first of all sign Mcpake on a permanent deal, and if possible Griffiths too. Then after removing most of the current mob, start to bring in players of PROVEN spl quality (Shiels, Swanson, etc..). Keep players like wotherspoon, Booth, Hanlon, Stevenson etc. Start to bring through the current youth players ie. Stanton, Caldwell, Smith, Handling. We need a smaller squad of quality players mixed with young talent hungry to play rather than a large squadof journeymen.

PaulSmith
21-05-2012, 01:32 PM
So when do we start negotiating with the journeymen, loanees, waifs, strays, coke fiends, piss heads and screw balls that we normally get?

Oh and remember nothing gets done until the final days of the window.

Billy Whizz
21-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Do we still have the 3 under 21 rule in the SPL? If they do at least 2 young boys will need to step into the full squad which is good news

brydekirk
21-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Players like Zaluska and Pernis are out of contract this summer, both are much better keepers than Stack!
Now were talking sense.

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Now were talking sense.

Without knowing what both keepers would be wanting in terms of a wage, the post was pure conjecture......What about Reina, or Hart....See what i'm doing?

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-05-2012, 01:59 PM

Zoko or Miller would do, doubt its either of them though.

Leishy1995
21-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Now were talking sense.
I just found out Zaluska had signed a new deal, but I'd still consider players like Pernis. We can surely compete with Dundee United's wage system.

yeezus.
21-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Start with kevin thomson and dean shiels. both do-able if we are serious about improving and both exactly what we need in a new midfield.

:agree: I'd love to see Dean Shiels back at ER. And I would change the whole team apart from McPake and Griffiths

easty
21-05-2012, 02:10 PM
I just found out Zaluska had signed a new deal, but I'd still consider players like Pernis. We can surely compete with Dundee United's wage system.

Pernis is leaving Utd because he doesnt want to play in Scotland, so he's an unlikely target!

Leishy1995
21-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Pernis is leaving Utd because he doesnt want to play in Scotland, so he's an unlikely target!
Thanks for clearing it up, we still need to get a new keeper in though.

R'Albin
21-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Pernis is crap. I say this often but if he played for Hibs he'd be known by us as the worst keeper in the SPL by a mile. Our fans seem to dislike every single keeper we have even if they are good.

Anyway since Stack and Brown are both away.

New GK

New RB
McPake
Hanlon (If we keep McPake)
New LB

New RM
New CM
New CM
Booth

Griffiths
New Striker

Stevenson
Doyle (I'm prepared to give him a chance.)
New Player x5

Leishy1995
21-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Just noticed Griffiths in the evening news, wants to make his mark in England. Probably forget about sparky then.

The_Horde
21-05-2012, 02:18 PM
New goalie/stack

dillon.. mcpake.. New centre back.. New left back

Hard midfielder.. playmaker.. Kevin Thomson

Swanson/Hayes.. New battering ram forward.. shiels

Heard from a good mate of hanlons that he was absolutely ****ting himself before Saturday and apparently 'knew' we were going to lose. That's an attitude we don't need.

Zemmama is apparently out of favour at boro get him snapped up.

Beefster
21-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Just noticed Griffiths in the evening news, wants to make his mark in England. Probably forget about sparky then.

He also said,

"If the opportunity arises to join on a permanent deal, I’d love to do it. But for the moment I have to concentrate on going back to Wolves."

DH1875
21-05-2012, 02:24 PM
He also said,

"If the opportunity arises to join on a permanent deal, I’d love to do it. But for the moment I have to concentrate on going back to Wolves."

I'd be surprised if Wolves actually let him go. I think he could do a turn in the championship and the likes of Fletch will be off in the summer.

easty
21-05-2012, 02:27 PM
I'd be surprised if Wolves actually let him go. I think he could do a turn in the championship and the likes of Fletch will be off in the summer.

I think so too. He'll get a chance in the Championship and if it isnt going well by January then we might see him back at Hibs.

Leishy1995
21-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Has Kevin Thomson been released or something?

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Fletch will be off in the summer.

Hope he ends up at The Hammers.

CorrieHibs
21-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Stack

new RB
McPake
new CB
new LB

new LM
Stevenson
New CM
New RB

New FW
New FW

The rest preferably good foreign signings. Young Scottish players are unproffesional. Don't want to train and they just don't care. They want to go up town, bevy and pull birds. Thats fine if you've got a 9-5 job. Not when your meant to a professional footballer. If you want to go up town and bevy then these folk should be fined. If your not happy then show them the door. We are a badly run football club and rotten to the core. The bank balance looks fine comapred to Hearts but I we would rather be in £20 million in debt having won 3 scottish cups and a second place finish in 14 years.

Saturday proved it, players just didn't care. I thought our fans were terrific. The noise we made before kick off was amazing. We sounded so much louder than them and we seemed so up for it. Just a pity the players didn't. If you can't get up for a cup final especially against your local rivals then your in the wrong job. I can't rememeber such a one sided scottish cup final. Their not even that good we just made them look like world beaters.

No doubt nothing will change and i'll be back I'll be at easter road next season.

HoboHarry
21-05-2012, 02:35 PM

For me:

Stack

Francomb
Mcpake
Hanlon
Tesselar

Swanson
Osbourne
Stevenson
Hayes

Hasselbaink
Griffiths

So your answer for making us a good team worth watching are three players from the lower half of the SPL and the other an injury prone player from Dundee Utd. Is that correct? you think that's the answer?

DH1875
21-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Has Kevin Thomson been released or something?

He's got 2 years left on his contract.

Leishy1995
21-05-2012, 02:48 PM
He's got 2 years left on his contract.
Then unless Hibs splash millions on the table I can't see why people are mentioning him.

Hibeesmad
21-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Ok then maybe the team I picked wasn't good enough for others so what about this:

Bell

New rb
Mcpake
Hanlon
New lb

Stevenson

Hayes
Sheils
New atk mid

Griffiths
New striker

Beefster
21-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Ok then maybe the team I picked wasn't good enough for others so what about this:

Bell

New rb
Mcpake
Hanlon
New lb

Stevenson

Hayes
Sheils
New atk mid

Griffiths
New striker

New GK

New RB
McPake
New CB
New LB

New RM
New CM
New CM
New LM

New CF
Griffiths

...will do me nicely.

snooky
21-05-2012, 04:00 PM

We should offer Craig Thompson a contract - think of the extra points we'd get in a season. :grr:

Squealing pig
21-05-2012, 04:06 PM
;3239601']New goalie/stack

dillon.. mcpake.. New centre back.. New left back

Hard midfielder.. playmaker.. Kevin Thomson

Swanson/Hayes.. New battering ram forward.. shiels

Heard from a good mate of hanlons that he was absolutely ****ting himself before Saturday and apparently 'knew' we were going to lose. That's an attitude we don't need.

Zemmama is apparently out of favour at boro get him snapped up.

zemmama your kidding right 1 good game in 10 if your lucky. get boys in who know how to play for a jersey.

DH1875
21-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Then unless Hibs splash millions on the table I can't see why people are mentioning him.

I think he might be available for loan next season :dunno:.

FromTheCapital
21-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Clear the ****ing lot apart from Stevenson, Hanlon, Wotherspoon and try to get Griffiths and McPake on permanent deals. Petrie has to get the cash out and buy or it's not going to change next season. I'd keep Hanlon and Wotherspoon as they're two young players who will develop and become stronger as players. Stevenson is a complete and utter work-horse, he gives 110% for 90 minutes every week and we need someone like him in the middle of the park. James McPake, in my eyes, has saved us from relegation... Some of his goal saving tackles that have helped us stay tight and steal a winner have been crucial and Griffiths has chipped in with a lot of goals and is a very talented young player and as he is also a Hibs fan hopefully he'll stay and try and help us progress. Garry O'Connor scores goals but was a complete nightmare vs. them and he is far too lazy and his work rate is very poor, the same sort of thing with Soares. Need to try and get a team that should take the club to where it belongs in the SPL... A club of Hibs size and stature should be fighting for European football not scrapping with Dunfermline and Inverness to avoid relegation.

GK - Bell (Kilmarnock)

RB - Dillon (Dundee Utd)
CB - McPake (Hibernian) - Captain
CB - Hanlon (Hibernian)
LB - Naylor (Cardiff)

DM - Stevenson (Hibernian)

RM - Swanson (Dundee Utd)
LM - Hayes (Inverness CT)

AM - Shiels (Kilmarnock)

ST - Zoko (Carlisle Utd)
ST - Griffiths (Hibernian)

I know alot of you will think... That will cost a decent amount of money! But... We must spend in order to be competing with the top 6 teams and not the bottom 6.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Can somebody tell me what Stevenson brings to the table as a midfield player, cos I've nae idea. Tries hard, fair enough, so would i tho!

Onceinawhile
21-05-2012, 04:30 PM
New GK

New RB
McPake
New CH
New LB

New RM
New CM
New CM
New LM

Griffiths
New CF

SUBS

New player
New player
New player
New player
New player
Stevenson
Doyle

Looks good to me.

DH1875
21-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Can somebody tell me what Stevenson brings to the table as a midfield player, cos I've nae idea. Tries hard, fair enough, so would i tho!

He brings a hell of a lot more than the likes of Ozzie and Soares if you ask me.

bingo70
21-05-2012, 04:41 PM
See Sean welsh has agreed a two year contract with Partick, had hoped he might have got a chance next season.

Literally impossible for him to offer any less than Stevenson, Ozzie or claros, the last two I tried to defend throughout the season but in hindsight it was straw clutching at its best, the three of them are pish.

bingo70
21-05-2012, 04:43 PM
He brings a hell of a lot more than the likes of Ozzie and Soares if you ask me.

Soares at least managed goals and assists in his short time here but they're both pish.

With the exception of mcpake they all are.

Iceman1875
21-05-2012, 04:56 PM

Kevin Thomson do-able? Really? 25k a week to what, 4k tops?

snooky
21-05-2012, 04:58 PM
New GK

New RB
McPake
New CB
New LB

New RM
New CM
New CM
New LM

New CF
Griffiths

...will do me nicely.

My team too, though I don't fancy your LB. :wink:

WhileTheChief..
21-05-2012, 05:09 PM
New GK

New RB
McPake
New CB
New LB

New RM
New CM
New CM
New LM

New CF
Griffiths

...will do me nicely.

Whilst you are of course 100% correct, i fear it will look something more like this

Brown

New Rb
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Stevenson
Claros
New CM
Wotherspoon

O'Doyle
Griffiths

Galbraith, Sproule, O'Hanlon and a few new nobodies will complete the squad.

Same old Hibs. Lessons not learned.

snooky
21-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Whilst you are of course 100% correct, i fear it will look something more like this

Brown

New Rb
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Stevenson
Claros
New CM
Wotherspoon

O'Doyle
Griffiths

Galbraith, Sproule, O'Hanlon and a few new nobodies will complete the squad.

Same old Hibs. Lessons not learned.

:agree: Especially since Dick Turpin got his ST money up front using the SCF tix bribe.

sparkiedelpaco7
21-05-2012, 05:34 PM
New Goalkeeper

New Left Back
New Centre Half
James McPake
George Francomb

Johny Hayes
Dean Shiels
New Central Midfielder
New Right Midfielder

Eion Doyle
Leigh Griffiths

keep the faith
21-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Kevin Thomson do-able? Really? 25k a week to what, 4k tops?

He was on radio other day saying he has not been getting a game and talking fondly of hibs. bringing him in would be a great start and show of intent. No doubt the usual katy stuff will now start for some but its time to move on. KT is exactly what we need right now.

snooky
21-05-2012, 05:49 PM
He was on radio other day saying he has not been getting a game and talking fondly of hibs. bringing him in would be a great start and show of intent. No doubt the usual katy stuff will now start for some but its time to move on. KT is exactly what we need right now.

Time to put the former players idea to bed once and for all, IMO.
(The Baker Boy being the exception.)

That old boxing adage still stands true .....

"They never come back"

Ken
21-05-2012, 08:49 PM
New

New McPake Hanlon New

New Osbourne New New

Griffiths New

So in other words that's only 2 current Hibs players and I would even say Hanlon needs a leader, like McPake, next to him otherwise he'd only be a squad player.

We need to spend money to build the back bone of the team and that has to start with putting a serious offer on the table to McPake. If he is out of the budget for our top earners then fair enough. I would like to see Griffiths back too. An experienced no nonsense keeper that isn't scared of cross balls is a must.

Squad players (not starting XI unless they prove themselves): Stack, Booth, Stevenson, Doyle, Kujabi, Wotherspoon, + hopefully a few of the 19's team can make the step up. I still think Doyle has potential and I do think Booth will make it in to the first team once we have a settled squad.

We need 10-15 new signings in my opinion and we need to start making moves this side of the transfer window so the team can gel as much as possible and get a full pre season.

....and I hope under the management of Fenlon.

GGTTH

Iceman1875
21-05-2012, 10:11 PM

KT is a passionate hibs fan, I know this first hand after growing up with him. I agree he is what we need I just feel it's massively unlikely given the fact he has 2 years on his contract left and earning 25k per week in the championship. If it was 2014 I'd be inclined to put a small wager on him being at ER after the summer (no contract, made his money and 2 years older).

fatbloke
21-05-2012, 10:24 PM

For me:

Stack

Francomb
Mcpake
Hanlon
Tesselar

Swanson
Osbourne
Stevenson
Hayes

Hasselbaink
Griffiths

:eek:

snooky
21-05-2012, 11:43 PM
KT is a passionate hibs fan, I know this first hand after growing up with him. I agree he is what we need I just feel it's massively unlikely given the fact he has 2 years on his contract left and earning 25k per week in the championship. If it was 2014 I'd be inclined to put a small wager on him being at ER after the summer (no contract, made his money and 2 years older).

TBH in two years I'm hoping we'll no' be needing an old injury-prone midfielder - especially KT.

Macaroon
21-05-2012, 11:50 PM
That team would get relegated...central midfield is awful....Stevenson tries hard and runs around but the lad has no quality on the ball...Osbourne is slow and off the pace and is careless on the ball
. Hibs need a real midfield due to run the show. Central midfielders should score goals both off these players don't contibute much to anything positive to our goals for column. Hasselbank looks average at best

Dean Shiels has scored 13 in 25 games for Killie. Is this roughly what you're referring to? Get him signed Petrie :agree:

weehibee19
22-05-2012, 05:34 PM
What is your opinion?
GK:Stack:flag:
LB:Kujabi
CB:Hanlon
CB:McPake
RB:?
LM:Swanson or Vigurs
CM:Kári Árnason( Aberdeen player who has rejected the opportunity of staying at Pittodrie. Can also play CB but can add a defensive touch to our midfield)
CM:?
RM:Hayes
ST:?
ST:Gritthfis( If we are lucky as he is going under negotiations with the new Wolves manager)

3pm
22-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Is there a new one of these every day?!

Kenny1875
22-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Is there a new one of these every day?!

every 5 minutes*

S.sct
22-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Experienced goalkeeper

Experienced Right Back
James McPake
Experienced Center-Back
Experienced Left-Back

Experienced Right-Mid
Experienced Center-Mid
Experienced Center-Mid
Experienced Left-Mid

:aok:

How much £££££££ for this, need to get real.

SteveHFC
22-05-2012, 08:22 PM
How much £££££££ for this, need to get real.

Each player should get a £500 a week contract :cb

S.sct
22-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Dean Shiels has scored 13 in 25 games for Killie. Is this roughly what you're referring to? Get him signed Petrie :agree:

Went off going back to former players but Deano certainly would improve our midfield.

S.sct
22-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Each player should get a £500 a week contract :cb

Sounds good, ready for another nightmare season then?

paulhfc88
22-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Seen on SSN today, that James McFadden had turned down the opportunity to go to Aberdeen. Would he come to Hibs? Pay as you pay deal maybe?

Also theres been alot of players released by relegated prem teams and championship teams, maybe worth a look at.

Stephen Dobbie, out of favour at Swansea. Could be another option

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Is it sad that this is my favourite time of the season as a hibs fan..

Yes.. Yes I think it is.

yekimevol
22-05-2012, 10:38 PM
new gk
booth hanlon new new
kujabi new new new
new new

Spike Mandela
23-05-2012, 03:21 AM
Seen on SSN today, that James McFadden had turned down the opportunity to go to Aberdeen. Would he come to Hibs? Pay as you pay deal maybe?

Also theres been alot of players released by relegated prem teams and championship teams, maybe worth a look at.

Stephen Dobbie, out of favour at Swansea. Could be another option

No.

weehibee19
23-05-2012, 05:00 PM
My Opinion:

Pernis

Pernis

Kujabi
Mcpake
Hanlon
Tesselar

Swanson
Arniason(Aberdeen player who have shown intrest in)
Stevenson
Hayes

Hasselbaink
Griffiths

dchibs
23-05-2012, 06:09 PM
zemmama your kidding right 1 good game in 10 if your lucky. get boys in who know how to play for a jersey.

Please Pat dont sign players who wear tights or gloves,

Hibernia Na Eir
23-05-2012, 06:12 PM

For me:

Stack

Francomb
Mcpake
Hanlon
Tesselar

Swanson
Osbourne
Stevenson
Hayes

Hasselbaink
Griffiths

stack been released.

Hibernia Na Eir
23-05-2012, 06:13 PM
New Goalkeeper

New Left Back
New Centre Half
James McPake
George Francomb

Johny Hayes
Dean Shiels
New Central Midfielder
New Right Midfielder

Eion Doyle
Leigh Griffiths

Griffiths wants back to wolves. no chance.

Deano_70
23-05-2012, 08:40 PM
I think it's fair to say that our club is in a position that could take more than a pre-season transfer window to fix. People are quoted on here saying that this is the exciting time of year, this normally I would agree with. The excitement of the GREGGS rumours, who might be coming who might be going.

GK - Stack and Brown will both be gone, we need 2 goalkeepers, should be interesting considering we haven't been able to find one in god knows how many years.

DF
No RB, David Wotherspoon looks out his depths at RB, he doesnt fill me with any confidence at RM,
James McPake we need get
Paul Hanlon, looks suspect at times but I like him
Callum Booth, dunno what the lads done but he is a mile better than Kujabi

MF - BLUNT BUT FAIR
GET SHOT OF THE LOT OF THEM
Osbourne I have defended but can't any more, he needs to go
Stevenson I have been vocal on here about my feelings about him, he offers nothing. No Goals, No assists. I could run for 90 minutes and try. I want my team back in the top 6, we wont get there with him or Osbourne. I would take Dean Shiels (attacking midfielder in double figures for goals)
Claros, can I pay for his flight home?

Forwards
O'Connor turned up at the start of the season looking lean, by January he was a fat goat again. Get shot of him
Grifiiths I think could be a gem of a player if we can get the right discipline around him

We need players WHO UNDERSTAND what playing for a club like Hibernian means. We need a disciplinarian who wont stand for our team acting like complete **** bags.

Albion Hibs
23-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Griffiths wants back to wolves. no chance.

Agreed he wont be back at Hibs. regardless of whether or not we want him or can afford him i would question whether or not he really wanted to play for fenlon / rates him as a manager.

007 Mickey Weir
28-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Well just having a thought about how we could set up next year if PF gets some cash for quality? Just a thought on team and 25 man squad for next year. All possible with a little investment.

GK - Forde (David)
(Back up Brown/Antell)

LB - Hanlon
RB - Clancy (Tim)
CB - McPake
CB - O'Dea
(Backup Dillon (Sean), Smith, O'Hanlon, Stephens)

LM - Cairney
RM - Hayes
CM - O'Connor (Michael)
CM - Davidson (Murray)
(Back up - Jennings (Steve), Stevenson, Spoony, Sproule, Booth, Stanton,

ST - Griffths
ST - GOC
(Back up Doyle/Crawford)

Osbourne, Galbraith, Claros, Scott and Kujabi all shown the door!

What are peoples thought on how we might line up?? :pfgwa

BEEJ
28-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Crawford left in January. You may be thinking about Caldwell?

Danny Handling should also feature on the fringes of the first team next season.

Cocaine&Caviar
28-05-2012, 08:37 PM
My latest desired XI:

CERNY

CLANCY-McPAKE-McMANUS-HANLON

SWANSON-DAVIDSON-JENNINGS-HAYES

GOC-GRIFFITHS

007 Mickey Weir
28-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Crawford left in January. You may be thinking about Caldwell?

Danny Handling should also feature on the fringes of the first team next season.

Yes sorry Calwell. And yeah Handling could be another option up front.

AlbertK86
28-05-2012, 09:31 PM
New

Clancy
McPake
New
Smith

New
New
Cairney
Booth

Griffiths