Diclonius
21-05-2012, 12:39 AM
We have the following players' contracts ending now:

Brown
Murray
O'Connor
Stack
Welsh

As well as the following players on loan who are as of this moment back at their parent clubs:

Doherty
Francomb
Griffiths
McPake
O'Donovan
Soares
Towell

Any news on whether any of them will be back, and if we want them?

Hibeesmad
21-05-2012, 03:12 AM
Brown: I think he will go
Murray: I think he will go
O'connor: possibilty of staying but wouldn't be surprised If he goes
Stack: I think he will sign a new contract
Welsh: I think he will go

Doherty: definitely not coming back
Francomb: would like him back but depends on whether hibs want him
Griffiths: will be back next season
Mcpake: would love him back but it's 50-50
O'donovan: will not be back
Soares: not too sure can't see him back because of wages
Towell: he won't be back

I think it will be a huge clearout this summer and a couple of decent players in.

Ozyhibby
21-05-2012, 05:32 AM
Mcpake and Griffiths are worth talking to. I'd rather the rest leave.

21-05-2012, 10:09 AM
I would try and keep McPake and Griffiths and maybe Francomb as I dont think he has had much of a chance and I can actually see a bit of potential in him. The rest however can go. I would have been wanting O'Connor to stay but after seeing a picture of him out partying on saturday night he can GTF, complete lack of respect of the club and fans. If he loved the club as much as he claimed to he would have been hurting just like the rest of us, instead he went out partying having a good time without a care in the world despite having brought shame to hibernian fc!

hibernianyank
21-05-2012, 10:18 AM
McPake and Griffiths, and maybe Francomb. I would like to see a new keeper at ER next season!

DarrenSQH
21-05-2012, 10:22 AM
With the exception of Mcpake and Griffiths I really hope they all leave.

Hibernia&Alba
21-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Mcpake and Griffiths are worth talking to. I'd rather the rest leave.

I would have to agree, which shows the size of the challenge Pat has this summer.

Hibs7
21-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Hibs should put the boat out for those two, if Petrie does not get them signed then he will not get the crowds back next season. A show of determination is needed and both of these players show that in abundance.

LeithBoozy
21-05-2012, 10:47 AM
I would have to agree, which shows the size of the challenge Pat has this summer.

It is a huge challenge mate, but having said that if Hibs decide not to keep any of them. You are talking about 12 wages being freed-up, along with the ST money, if they are true to their word. There will be a lot of decent players being released due to clubs having to cut back and we should be in a better position than most to take advantage. :wink:

Hibs7
21-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Hibs should put the boat out for those two, if Petrie does not get them signed then he will not get the crowds back next season. A show of determination is needed and both of these players show that in abundance.

PISTOL1875
21-05-2012, 11:14 AM
As previously posted , McPake and Griffiths are the only players I would be interested in keeping and the rest can GTF.. Liked the look of O'Donovan but not enough game time given to him..

Famous5forever
21-05-2012, 11:47 AM
We have the following players' contracts ending now:

Brown
Murray
O'Connor
Stack
Welsh

As well as the following players on loan who are as of this moment back at their parent clubs:

Doherty
Francomb
Griffiths
McPake
O'Donovan
Soares
Towell

Any news on whether any of them will be back, and if we want them?

Id keep McPake all the rest can go, we need better quality loan signings this time if that is the route we go down again.

Spudster
21-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Brown
McPake
Griffiths
O'Connor (maybe)
the rest can go

HFC 0-7
21-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Griffiths wont be back next season.

Sir David Gray
21-05-2012, 11:58 AM
McPake and Griffiths are the only ones there that I'm interested in keeping for next season. In fact they're the only ones that I'm interested in keeping out of the whole squad to be honest.

Hibby 2005
21-05-2012, 12:02 PM
McPake (who we can't afford), Griffiths, Francombe and Doyle - that's it.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 12:08 PM
What i don't understand is how we could fork out around 10k a week for the combination of Kerr and Obrien, but we can't offer McPake (an actual football player) anything in that region.

Treadstone
21-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Can't see us keeping the two the fans want . Reading between the lines McPake has had good offers already and cash may be a stumbling block for Griffiths.
I see a few are saying Francomb . I agree not given a great chance to see what he could do . Wouldn't fill me with confidence at full back but maybe as a right sided midfielder , tremendous delivery from a dead ball .

Overwhelming feeling inside me says that after Saturday though , apart from McPake and Sparky , would not care one jot if they never wore the Hibs shirt again .

Spudster
21-05-2012, 01:03 PM
What i don't understand is how we could fork out around 10k a week for the combination of Kerr and Obrien, but we can't offer McPake (an actual football player) anything in that region.
To say things have changed in Scottish football since then would be an understatement

Green_one
21-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Can't see us keeping the two the fans want . Reading between the lines McPake has had good offers already and cash may be a stumbling block for Griffiths.

Overwhelming feeling inside me says that after Saturday though , apart from McPake and Sparky , would not care one jot if they never wore the Hibs shirt again .

Basically that is the true picture. The ones we want will also leave. So almost all that list will be gone. I think we should have grabbed McPake earlier.

On one the hand we have an opportunity to refesh but also we have almost no continuity. I can see few young players coming through too. Big challenge for the manager. Another 'rebuilding' season coming up.