PDA

View Full Version : Returned season tickets

leithman
21-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Someone told me that people had been buying season tickets to get a match ticket and then once they had the ticket they cancelled the season ticket.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Tried to find the terms and conditions for buying season tickets without success tonight.

I assume the club will have their details on the database, and so they may have burnt their bridges for future finals.

Its sad if its true.

minglis
21-05-2012, 01:33 AM
Nobody forced you to buy a season ticket:confused:

leithman
21-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Nobody forced you to buy a season ticket:confused:

I don't have a season ticket.
can't afford one but would never have done that to get a match ticket.

Was just wondering if any bandits had actually done that.

Jack
21-05-2012, 06:05 AM
1. If the ticket was bought outright then each case is considered by the club. They have the right to say yea or nae. I have no idea how may requests are successful.

2. If it was bought through the finance deal, that would have to be cancelled first then go to square one.

3. If anyone was to just cancel their dd then the finance company would take action to recover the outstanding monies.

Taz_hibee
21-05-2012, 09:11 AM
1. If the ticket was bought outright then each case is considered by the club. They have the right to say yea or nae. I have no idea how may requests are successful.

2. If it was bought through the finance deal, that would have to be cancelled first then go to square one.

3. If anyone was to just cancel their dd then the finance company would take action to recover the outstanding monies.

I was told you have 30 days to cancal and return the ticket, consumer law, is this true :confused:

TheEastTerrace
21-05-2012, 09:19 AM
There's certainly a 'cooling off' period if bought over the internet.

CallumLaidlaw
21-05-2012, 09:20 AM
The payment plan option ended before the semi final, so I doubt anyone that had bought a season ticket up till that point would have had the idea of buying just to get a cup final ticket then cancelling.

There is no cooling off period for a season ticket. Hibs look at individual cases at their discretion, and I would imagine that if someone benefited from a cup final ticket, then hibs will view this that they've "used" their season ticket so the answer will be a no.

Taz_hibee
21-05-2012, 09:22 AM
The payment plan option ended before the semi final, so I doubt anyone that had bought a season ticket up till that point would have had the idea of buying just to get a cup final ticket then cancelling.

There is no cooling off period for a season ticket. Hibs look at individual cases at their discretion, and I would imagine that if someone benefited from a cup final ticket, then hibs will view this that they've "used" their season ticket so the answer will be a no.

Hope thats true as we will need all the cash we can get to give to PF to rebuild the team

Mikeystewart
21-05-2012, 09:50 AM

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TandCPolicies/0,,10290,00.html

Up to the club, so no refunds then. At student prices I would have been crazy to try a refund, obviously not everyone is in the same boat.

marinello59
21-05-2012, 09:56 AM

Its only seven days so too late for most now I would think. If they have used the ticket to obtain priority then I doubt that they are entitled to cancel at all without paying for the service they have used. I doubt very much that more than a handful would try this one. I reckon there may well be a lot of seats bought for kids and students next year that will be empty all season though.

Northernhibee
21-05-2012, 10:03 AM
I hope the club don't issue refunds tbh.

Buying your ST for a final ticket just to look for a refund is cheating, spend the cash on better players.

Antifa Hibs
21-05-2012, 10:18 AM
I hope the club don't issue refunds tbh.

Buying your ST for a final ticket just to look for a refund is cheating, spend the cash on better players.

The last 5 seasons? And the last 10 Derby gubbings? :cb

SouthamptonHibs
21-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Sad times is true. I think there will be alot of new ST holders next year if we've sold around 10,000 st's. In our group off 9 on Sat two seasons ago 8 off us had ST's', last season we went down to 6 ST's and two memberships, only 1 off 6 have renewed there ST for next year plus two off us have club membership valid until Dec. Not sure if other groups off Hibs fans have witnessed a similar thing happen to the guys they go with