PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Magnanimous in Defeat - Message to the hearts fans

spike220
21-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Sorry folks but this needs to be said:

Time to show some humility and humanity in defeat. There will be fans on both sides that want to drag this in to the gutter but I am not one of them. Many of us work and live alongside one another and I have friends or work colleagues that support Hearts. As much as it hurts to this I have a message for the Hearts fans, I know there will be plenty reading this forum:

Congratulations to Hearts for winning the Scottish cup, your result was never in much doubt and apologies that we could only muster of few minutes (or was it seconds) of competitive football. Your manager has been a gentleman in winning and I hope for your benefit you manage to keep him. I firmly believe Hearts did us a big favor today and exposed the thin veneer of professionalism and pride in the shirt at Hibs.

You deserve your win, enjoy your day, we have not died we will be back to contest one of the best rivalries still alive in world football. Great atmosphere at kick off and both set of fans certainly played their part.

For those that feel the need to add abusive messages to this thread, please do it elsewhere, there are plenty if other threads for you to post your abuse to the Jambos.

GGTTH

nic81
21-05-2012, 12:15 AM
agreed! No hibby can complain about yesterday, forget about the ref and dodgy decisions, we were never at the races from the kick off to the final whistle! Yes it hurts, it hurts bad but life goes on. :flag::pfgwa:flag:

Bayern Bru
21-05-2012, 12:16 AM
:top marks Spot on mate, and echoes what I've been thinking (but have been too scared to post :greengrin )

One of the first things I did was send congratulatory texts to my close mates who were at the game in the maroon end. Not one of them goaded me, or patronised me, or made a jibe, but they all replied with messages along the lines of 'Commiserations' and 'Keep the faith' etc.

Amazing what a wee bit grace in defeat can do.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 12:27 AM
At the end of the day, both clubs fought hard to get to the final.

And as angry as I am that we didn't turn up on the day and as much anger as I feel towards Hearts, i'm forced to accept that they wanted if far more on the day, therefore where fully deserving of it.

I just hope we learn how to boot them off the park next season!

Pete
21-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Some of them played like it was their last day on earth while some of ours were chicken-hearted and simply didn't care.

As for eternal bragging rights...Nah you're alright. You should have made it seven:na na:

JohnStephens91
21-05-2012, 01:06 AM
I openly congratulated Hearts because at the end of the day they deserved it. Griffiths, McPake and Doyle were the only ones able to say that their pride has been relatively unscathed. The likes of Skacel, Black and Driver were always going to be a threat because they are good players who care for their fans and their jersey. No amount of complaining about Craig Thomson is going to change the fact that our team of uninterested wage thieves were not up to the task of matching Hearts. It was a severe roasting we received and it was awful to stand and watch it as our biggest rivals played us off the park the only positive is that it could have been worse than 5-1.

Congratulations to Hearts they deserved it and I hope to see my team lift the trophy in my lifetime. Hopefully your fan who was stretchered away is alright as well!

HibeeMG
21-05-2012, 01:13 AM
I understand the thought behind this thread and applaud it.

I do indeed have Hearts supporting friends. I have congratulated them individually and wished them well in their celebrations. Even whilst getting a ribbing by them I held my head high and was, as you say, magnanimous in defeat.

However, I know some Hearts supporters who are your stereotypical Yams (head in the sand, big team/wee team etc). Those guys I didn't say well done to. It is supporters like them that makes me want their club to go down the drain as painfully as possible. It is because of them that yesterday hurt.

Bayern Bru
21-05-2012, 01:34 AM
I understand the thought behind this thread and applaud it.

I do indeed have Hearts supporting friends. I have congratulated them individually and wished them well in their celebrations. Even whilst getting a ribbing by them I held my head high and was, as you say, magnanimous in defeat.

However, I know some Hearts supporters who are your stereotypical Yams (head in the sand, big team/wee team etc). Those guys I didn't say well done to. It is supporters like them that makes me want their club to go down the drain as painfully as possible. It is because of them that yesterday hurt.

Ditto. Hibs class prevails. :aok:

1875godsgift
21-05-2012, 01:55 AM
I applaud your sentiments and admit the best team won on the day.

A special mention must go to the captain Craig Thomson, I really hope he received man of the match, he thoroughly deserved it.

Hearts couldn't have done it without him.

Littlest Hobo
21-05-2012, 02:22 AM
I openly congratulated Hearts because at the end of the day they deserved it. Griffiths, McPake and Doyle were the only ones able to say that their pride has been relatively unscathed. The likes of Skacel, Black and Driver were always going to be a threat because they are good players who care for their fans and their jersey. No amount of complaining about Craig Thomson is going to change the fact that our team of uninterested wage thieves were not up to the task of matching Hearts. It was a severe roasting we received and it was awful to stand and watch it as our biggest rivals played us off the park the only positive is that it could have been worse than 5-1.

Congratulations to Hearts they deserved it and I hope to see my team lift the trophy in my lifetime. Hopefully your fan who was stretchered away is alright as well!

Griffiths was to blame for the penalty incident.
He had the legs to catch Suso but stopped ( guessing the ball had gone out) school boy error which put Pa in big trouble, the rest is history!

Time the boy grew up.

zero-seven
21-05-2012, 02:46 AM

Time to show some humility and humanity in defeat. There will be fans on both sides that want to drag this in to the gutter but I am not one of them. Many of us work and live alongside one another and I have friends or work colleagues that support Hearts. As much as it hurts to this I have a message for the Hearts fans, I know there will be plenty reading this forum:

Congratulations to Hearts for winning the Scottish cup, your result was never in much doubt and apologies that we could only muster of few minutes (or was it seconds) of competitive football. Your manager has been a gentleman in winning and I hope for your benefit you manage to keep him. I firmly believe Hearts did us a big favor today and exposed the thin veneer of professionalism and pride in the shirt at Hibs.

You deserve your win, enjoy your day, we have not died we will be back to contest one of the best rivalries still alive in world football. Great atmosphere at kick off and both set of fans certainly played their part.

For those that feel the need to add abusive messages to this thread, please do it elsewhere, there are plenty if other threads for you to post your abuse to the Jambos.

GGTTH

unfortunately i agree...they looked as though they knew what they were doing, and consistantly finding their men with ease..we on the otherhand...looked lost and panicked and couldnae string 2 passes together.

this team frustrates me so much

Steve20
21-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Yep, no one can have any complaints at all. Congratulations to Hearts. They won the cup because they are miles ahead of Hibs.

PeeJay
21-05-2012, 06:40 AM

GGTTH

Good post - Hibs class indeed ... our day will come again

The_Todd
21-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Yeah well done to them. They played like a team who realised what was at stake while ours thought it was a preseason friendly. When that was added to the gulf in quality between the two squads that meant there was only ever one outcome.

NAE NOOKIE
21-05-2012, 06:47 AM
They were the better team and ref notwithstanding would have won the match anyway. So yeh, congratulations to Hearts, the better team won on the day end of.

I still think the thread I started before is valid .... they win against us constantly because they have a must win against the Hibs mentality even when our team is as good as theirs on paper .... their fans and club get the players to buy into that ethos, while we live in our fantasy world of silky football and class.

I want us to be more like Hearts .... 3 Scottish cup wins in 14 years ... thats what I want.

So yeh .. well done Hearts .... now GTF

John_the_angus_hibby
21-05-2012, 06:48 AM

GGTTH

Good post. Both teams deserved a final placing, quite an achievement for us this season. Only one deserved the victory and it was not us. One thought is that this team does not deserve to be lionised as the Hibs team that eventual lift the Scottish Cup. I actually want a team I am proud of to do that.

I hope that Fenlon is the man to build that team.

ac1
21-05-2012, 06:49 AM
God this is why they take us to the cleaners every time..............

We are far to accepting of defeat against that lot - they laugh there heads off at us and hate us.

If they had been humped 5-1 I can guarantee there would be zero threads on kickback saying well done to Hibs.

Its time to get angry about getting beat of that shower of *****. Total embarrassment of a derby record.

I am having to sit and look at a Hearts flag hanging up in someones front window sitting in my living room.

**** them - I hope they go to the wall.

Mister P
21-05-2012, 07:09 AM
I agree.
Hearts deserved the win because man for man they have a better side. That in itself won't guarantee a victory but as the saying goes, hard work will beat talent when talent refuses to work hard. We had zero other than maybe a couple, and didn't have the passion to bother our arse. Hearts on the other hand had far more talent.who all played as if they were playing for their lives. There was only ever going to be one outcome.
I feel sorry for Fenlon who has to stand and take some responsibility. The guy, like generations of other managers has to live on scraps, limited funding, loan players who aren't good enough for their own club etc.

Albanian Hibs
21-05-2012, 07:11 AM

We are far to accepting of defeat against that lot - they laugh there heads off at us and hate us.

If they had been humped 5-1 I can guarantee there would be zero threads on kickback saying well done to Hibs.

Its time to get angry about getting beat of that shower of *****. Total embarrassment of a derby record.

I am having to sit and look at a Hearts flag hanging up in someones front window sitting in my living room.

agree

Hibernia&Alba
21-05-2012, 07:48 AM
I have no problem congratulating Hearts on their win. They were miles better than us (again) and and full deserved the victory. In truth it wasn't even a contest.

No, my anger here is directed towards our players and those in charge who embarrassed the club. I'm sick of them giving Hearts the opportunity to laugh at us.

21-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Let them have their day, they were worthy winners and we didn't exactly put up much a of fight. Our day will come, maybe not next year or the next again, it might even be another 10 years or so but when it does it will be all the sweeter because of todays heartbreak.

:hibees

21-05-2012, 07:57 AM
I have no problem congratulating Hearts on their win. They were miles better than us (again) and and full deserved the victory. In truth it wasn't even a contest.

No, my anger here is directed towards our players and those in charge who embarrassed the club. I'm sick of them giving Hearts the opportunity to laugh at us.

Totally agree.

Posh Swanny
21-05-2012, 08:11 AM

The players accepted defeat. The fans and Fenlon have been gracious in defeat. There is a difference.

From what I've read, heard and seen about Pat in his time at Bohs, his sole focus this summer will be to prepare a team that will unleash all of the pain from Saturday in the first derby next season. All new players will be given a DVD of the game and will be told to watch and listen to it on repeat until it sinks in exactly what Hibs have had to put up with over the years. I said at the time that the Jambos might live to regret their ruthless mocking of Fenlon in the run up to the final whistle. His calm but blatantly ****ing fuming reaction since only reaffirms that thought.

Now then Rodney. Give the man whatever he ****ing wants!

MrSmith
21-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Yep I agree and feel exactly the same. And; I'll say it also: Well done Hearts, you deserved it!

referee aside, they walloped us with loads to spare. We have no excuses nor comeback in this what so ever.

I put a very similar sentiment on my boys FaceBook Hibs page yesterday.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hibernian/291125857572349

Sudds_1
21-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Good post. Both teams deserved a final placing, quite an achievement for us this season. Only one deserved the victory and it was not us. One thought is that this team does not deserve to be lionised as the Hibs team that eventual lift the Scottish Cup. I actually want a team I am proud of to do that.

You know, that very thought was occupying my mind yesterday.

Supposing they HAD fluked a win by upping their performance second half. Yes, they would have become legends. But how significant would it have been that many of those "legends" were not actually permanent Hibs players? We might well have been subjected to the continued insults that Hibs could only win the cup with somebody else's players.............

.......besides, a cup win would have disguised the very real problems at the club and the measures needed to address them. Now we know these imposters and why they need emptiesd as soon as possible.

The rebuild starts now..................... :flag:

Pretty Boy
21-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Hearts deserved their victory, they are quite simply a better team than us at the moment.

It's up to the board, manager and players to change that.

Whether we like it or not to win 3 Scottish Cups in 14 years for a non OF club is an acheivement. It's up to clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen who should be challenging Hearts for 3rdspot and cups every season to get our ****ing fingers out and start doing it.

I only hope the next time we meet in such a game we actually bother to turn up and make a contest of it.

Hibs7
21-05-2012, 08:34 AM
I never thought Hibs would win, I hoped and for a good hour before kick off I was starting to believe it might happen. But Hibs as a team never showed up. The Hearts won, I will not say fair and square as I do not believe the ref was fair. It would have been a better final if he had been honest and not biased, I think we would have still lost but it would have been more exciting.

Caversham Green
21-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Good OP Spike. Both sets of fans and one set of players showed that the SPL doesn't need the Old Firm to be an attractive prospect, in fact given the right competitive environment it is a much healthier place without them. The banter's still there, but with the exception of a very few numpties the sheer nastiness is not.

Hibs are at a low point just now and Hearts have earned the current bragging right (particularly Mr Thomson) but we will be back and they are almost certain to be significantly weaker over the coming years. It would be nice to think that the excellent showing of both sets of fans could engender a rivalry that is fierce, but underpinned by a degree of mutual respect - at least among the grown-ups.

Edinburgh is Scottish football's future.

LeithBoozy
21-05-2012, 08:42 AM
You can have the best Hibs team in our history getting to a final. But if they appoint a ref who hates us, your not winning F--- ALL, SIMPLE AS THAT.

Just Alf
21-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Good OP Spike. Both sets of fans and one set of players showed that the SPL doesn't need the Old Firm to be an attractive prospect, in fact given the right competitive environment it is a much healthier place without them. The banter's still there, but with the exception of a very few numpties the sheer nastiness is not.

Hibs are at a low point just now and Hearts have earned the current bragging right (particularly Mr Thomson) but we will be back and they are almost certain to be significantly weaker over the coming years. It would be nice to think that the excellent showing of both sets of fans could engender a rivalry that is fierce, but underpinned by a degree of mutual respect - at least among the grown-ups.

Edinburgh is Scottish football's future.

Great post..... :top marks

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Saorsa
21-05-2012, 09:06 AM
I'd tell you what you could dae with you message tae the h****s fans but it would read like a series of ****

**** h****s

cad
21-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Great post..... :top marks

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Our day will come , someone posted ,I kid you not theres more than a few Hibbies running oot of days know wot I mean .:rolleyes:

As for the result bum felt big time , I hoped for a Hibs win ,but we were miles behind Hearts tactics players etc ,but we were the best supporters there of that I have no doubt the singing and the display were the business well done to everyone involved .

.Sean.
21-05-2012, 09:08 AM
To be fair, I was out with my pals last night, 3 of whom are massive Jambos. They knew how much I was hurting and didn't even bother to rub it in.

cad
21-05-2012, 09:11 AM
To be fair, I was out with my pals last night, 3 of whom are massive Jambos. They knew how much I was hurting and didn't even bother to rub it in.

Ah thats the worst kind Sean you dont know what theyre thinking :greengrin

Sammy7nil
21-05-2012, 12:17 PM
I sent this to guys at work before I got e-mails from them -

Well the BIG MASSIVE TEAM certainly put the wee team in their place, well done Jumbo's hope you had a great 2 days.
Yet again Hibs fail to turn up I thought Hibs fans were superb and you could feel the nerves from the Hearts fans pre KO and again at 2 - 1 unfortunately our team of bottlers never gave you the chance to chuck it.

I had not built myself up so considering it was a 5 - 1 thrashing strangely I did not feel too low in fact Hearts missed a chance to make it 7 or 8 so thanks for that. My day was complete when my bus broke down 3 miles from Newbridge so a Hike across a field and a phone call to the Mrs to pick me up ended a great day.

For me the only surprise of the weekend was Craig Thomson being on the Hearts open topped bus I did think that was a wee bit strange.

biggineurope
21-05-2012, 12:29 PM

GGTTH

Spot On mate, well said.

tinnyhibby
21-05-2012, 01:02 PM

GGTTH

What a time for a first post!! I agree with all of this. Our turn will come.

PatHead
21-05-2012, 01:38 PM
I don't have a problem with congratulating friends who are Hearts fans on an individual basis but this is going too far. Setting up a thread congratulating them FFS!

Reminds me of Mike Bassett when England have just been horsed by some South American team or Mexico. Anyway the Assistant Manager says "If Ramirez doesn't win player of the tournament its a disgrace. Three cheers for Ramirez." The players all cheer.

What is the saying about show me a good loser again?

Sums up why we are where we are, by all means be gratious in defeat but don't praise the other team. That is going too far and making us look like losers rather than potential winners.

Can admins not shut this thread down? It is an embarrassment.

Kato
21-05-2012, 01:47 PM
It is an embarrassment.

In the context of this message board I agree. I'm not happy at losing so won't be congratulating that bunch of cheating, elbowing, diving crows. They can swivel the Scottish Cup right up their maroon jaxies (although I'll be saying well done to my pals in private.)

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-05-2012, 02:07 PM
I don't have a problem with congratulating friends who are Hearts fans on an individual basis but this is going too far. Setting up a thread congratulating them FFS!

Reminds me of Mike Bassett when England have just been horsed by some South American team or Mexico. Anyway the Assistant Manager says "If Ramirez doesn't win player of the tournament its a disgrace. Three cheers for Ramirez." The players all cheer.

Sums up why we are where we are, by all means be gratious in defeat but don't praise the other team. That is going too far and making us look like losers rather than potential winners.

Exactly, it makes Hibs out to be like Ted off of The Fast Show, every time i see a Hearts top i better doff my cap in reverence, dearie me!

Imagine this thread on KB if we had won 5 1, cannae really can you?

basehibby
21-05-2012, 02:35 PM
I have no problem congratulating Hearts and their supporters - their team looked like they wanted it more and played better over the piece.

OK the ref Thomson seemed determined to make it easier for them but that is Thomson's fault and not the Jambos.

So there you have it - congratulations Jambos - enjoy it - we will be back

sKipper
21-05-2012, 03:28 PM
:thumbsup: I have no problem congratulating Hearts and their supporters - their team looked like they wanted it more and played better over the piece.

OK the ref Thomson seemed determined to make it easier for them but that is Thomson's fault and not the Jambos.

So there you have it - congratulations Jamos - enjoy it - we will be back

Jeez. Just realised why I hate modern fitba. The thought of congratulating these sc@mbags makes me want to throw up.

Where did all the plastic fans suddenly come from :confused: This kind of thread would never have appeared in years gone by. :rolleyes:

down-the-slope
21-05-2012, 07:07 PM
The better team won. The Hearts players lifted their fans when they were looking a bit subbdued at the start and after we equalised. Our display and fans pre-match were awsome...our players responded not one bit to that. They did not deserve to win and become club ledgends

My mates who are Hearts supporters hardly even mentioned the game yesterday - I got the impression they knew that there was such an open goal to hit (much like their team) that they didn't want to take advantage.

I was more embarrassed that we failed to make a game of it for the most part and took the edge of a great occassion....and told them so

I wished them a great day at the cup parade....they deserve it

I just hope its the last time I have to be so magnanimous after a cup final :rolleyes:

BEEJ
21-05-2012, 07:20 PM
:agree: Nauseating!

One Day Soon
21-05-2012, 07:29 PM
You know, I think I might just about have been up for congratulating them if we had made a game of it and/or if Thomson hadn't made such a complete James Hunt of it. And if all their support behaved like the few decent ones I have encountered so far.

But its no to all of the above and for that reason I'm out. It's not an investable idea.

Plus Eric Milligan, Alex Salmond, George Foulkes, Gary Mackay and Gary Locke. Enough said.

snooky
21-05-2012, 08:14 PM

:agree: I said more or less the same thing on another thread. In a strange way, I felt it would have been insulting to the FF and TT's if this team of renegades had won the cup. I want a Hibs team to win it not a motley crew of mercenaries.

FWIW, I too would like to congratulate Hearts on their win - and their show of mercy in not giving us a REAL doin' as we lay belly up.

I'm pleased to report the jambos at work have been easy on me - much easier than I would have been had the score been reversed I may add.

Both sides have their bams but all in all I thought the majority of Saturday's fans showed a bit of respect and good humoured banter.

Part/Time Supporter
21-05-2012, 08:18 PM
The better team won. The Hearts players lifted their fans when they were looking a bit subbdued at the start and after we equalised. Our display and fans pre-match were awsome...our players responded not one bit to that. They did not deserve to win and become club ledgends

My mates who are Hearts supporters hardly even mentioned the game yesterday - I got the impression they knew that there was such an open goal to hit (much like their team) that they didn't want to take advantage.

I was more embarrassed that we failed to make a game of it for the most part and took the edge of a great occassion....and told them so

I wished them a great day at the cup parade....they deserve it

I just hope its the last time I have to be so magnanimous after a cup final :rolleyes:

If Hibs keep playing like that there won't be another cup final.

TheMentalHibees
21-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Are we really that soft now that we congratulate our main rivals on giving us a 5-1 humping in a cup final? Dearie me.

cabbageandribs1875
21-05-2012, 08:31 PM
i've calmed down a bit, therefore i would just like to say.......

ram yer cup jamboids :giruy: p.s. dear admins, can we now get PF's heid super-imposed on the sparky icon ? :greengrin

Dinkydoo
21-05-2012, 08:32 PM
To lose like against the yams like that is simply UNACCEPTABLE. You saw Fenlon's reaction, the man hates to lose, and i'm sure that although he might be publicly gracious in defeat, he's currently planning on building a side that for as long as he is at Hibernian FC, will NEVER bend over and take a shafting like that from our mutant rivals again.

Stuff the congratulations......

Oh, its on :devil:

PatHead
21-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Jokes over admins can you please, please close this thread it is an embarrassment

Sir David Gray
21-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Cannot believe we've had two separate threads on here since Saturday both congratulating Hearts on their victory.

I wouldn't even congratulate Hearts on winning a coin toss, never mind a Scottish Cup final in which they've beaten us 5-1!

The only message I would like to send to the Hearts fans is this;

:giruy:

FTH :aok:

Rasta_Hibs
21-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Exactly I want revenge for this pumping and will never be content till I see hibs hammer hearts. Hate this love in with hearts. They are laughing at our club and our fans

SonOfTortolano
21-05-2012, 08:56 PM
We will NEVER get another opportunity like that again, not in our lifetime anyway...

That's what REALLY p****s me off!

Ash Vale Hibee
21-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Hearts fully deserved their win, but I'm not going to congratulate them. Particularly after some Jambo at Gatwick started shouting 1902 across a crowded shuttle bus after he saw me wearing Hibs scarf on way back down South. He wanted me to react, so I just suggested he shows some humility, but I expect he'd need a dictionary to understand what that meant.

Jim44
21-05-2012, 09:09 PM

:agree: Nauseating!

At this moment in time I don't have the stomach to go over there to have a look at their gloating but there's no doubt in my mind that this type of congratulatory, fawning type of thread is being sneered at by them. I saw the start of this thread this morning and it turned my stomach a bit but I'm glad that, having taken the time to read through it, the thread contains a few posts like the one's quoted here and I'm not alone in my cynicism .

Fair enough, concede that we were humped on the day by a better team but don't forget the history of events of the past few years which have brought HMFC into disrepute. What's happened to all the complaining of their cheating and financial dishonesty. What's happened to the contempt and resentment most of us once held (I still do) for the servile way that their players and supporters lay down and took all the cr@p from the charlatan and megalomaniac owner of the club.

If you want to say personal congratulations to your Jambo buddies, fine go ahead, but it's the last thing I and hopefully a lot of others want to read about on this board.

What a bitter and twisted old barsteward I hear you say but, frankly, I'm just being honest about my feelings. :soapbox:

GGTTH

TheEastTerrace
21-05-2012, 09:22 PM
The irony is that the die-hard Jambos I know - not a peep. The fairweather erses on the other hand, they are the ones I detest and had umpteen missed calls, texts, etc - they weren't even at the game. On a stag I pulled out of to go on Saturday.

One Day Soon
21-05-2012, 09:23 PM
There's some quality related abuse on this thread.

snooky
21-05-2012, 09:23 PM
At this moment in time I don't have the stomach to go over there to have a look at their gloating but there's no doubt in my mind that this type of congratulatory, fawning type of thread is being sneered at by them. I saw the start of this thread this morning and it turned my stomach a bit but I'm glad that, having taken the time to read through it, the thread contains a few posts like the one's quoted here and I'm not alone in my cynicism .

Fair enough, concede that we were humped on the day by a better team but don't forget the history of events of the past few years which have brought HMFC into disrepute. What's happened to all the complaining of their cheating and financial dishonesty. What's happened to the contempt and resentment most of us once held (I still do) for the servile way that their players and supporters lay down and took all the cr@p from the charlatan and megalomaniac owner of the club.

If you want to say personal congratulations to your Jambo buddies, fine go ahead, but it's the last thing I and hopefully a lot of others want to read about on this board.

What a bitter and twisted old barsteward I hear you say but, frankly, I'm just being honest about my feelings. :soapbox:

GGTTH

That's fine - no problem.
We (the Congratulation Mob), like you, are being honest about ours. :aok:
Vive la difference.

iwasthere1972
21-05-2012, 09:59 PM

:aok: I'm with you on this one.

My next door neighbour has a maroon door (I don't even think he's a football fan - just coincidence that he should have selected that colour on the basis that it was going cheap at Homebase) and I tell you I am tempted.

I won't be congratulating any Yam on their cup success. Okay we did ourselves no favours but that cheating Spanish waiter together with Hearts 12th man Craig Thomson put an end to our day. Who knows what the outcome would have been if they weren't awarded that penalty.

They can go to hell.

basehibby
21-05-2012, 10:15 PM

I'm not at all accepting of defeat - particularly against the Yams.

However, I am big enough to recognise when we are well beaten and gracious enough to acknowledge it - and yes I object to any knob end with a keyboard that thinks that means I'm some sort of "plastic fan".

Jim44
21-05-2012, 10:29 PM
No point in having a stooshie between ourselves here lads. They're not worth arguing over. Personally I blame the infatuation with the Rangers' fiasco for the 'mellowing' attitude to and cosy love-in with our vile neighbours. :greengrin

PatHead
21-05-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm not at all accepting of defeat - particularly against the Yams.

However, I am big enough to recognise when we are well beaten and gracious enough to acknowledge it - and yes I object to any knob end with a keyboard that thinks that means I'm some sort of "plastic fan".

Wish you were gracious enough to acknowledge that not all Hibs supporters feel the need to suck up to people they have never met far less insult "fellow" supporters. There is a massive difference between being gracious in defeat and accepting defeat graciously.

Why are you so keen to tell us all we should be running around telling Hearts supporters how good they were whilst insulting anyone who doesn't feel the need to praise them?

Hibrandenburg
21-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Whilst I agree that the better team took the cup home, I refuse to get involved in a back slapping session. Their club stinks to the core and their day will come.

PatHead
21-05-2012, 10:40 PM
:top marks
Whilst I agree that the better team took the cup home, I refuse to get involved in a back slapping session. Their club stinks to the core and their day will come.

LeithBoozy
21-05-2012, 10:45 PM

Good lad, I fully agree.:agree:

iwasthere1972
21-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Someone will be suggesting soon that we all go online to Moonpig.com and arrange a wee card to congratulate them on their Scottish Cup win against the wee team.

Jim44
21-05-2012, 10:50 PM

:agree: That's the point I was making above. Better team, yes, but don't lose sight of the manner in which they have achieved it.

marleyhib
21-05-2012, 11:39 PM
The vast majority of Hearts fans only care that they pumped us and that we are hurting badly. If the boot was on the other foot the is no way I'd expect congratulations from them. I would dine out on it for ever.

I for one am avoiding Jambos and wouldn't go out my way to congratulate them.

Maybe go read Kickback for 10 minutes and see if you still feel the same.

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2012, 12:43 AM
Jokes over admins can you please, please close this thread it is an embarrassment

I don't agree, Pat. Nothing wrong in saying well done to opponents, even if it's Hearts. We don't like doing it and we sure wish we didn't need to, but ultimately we lost a football match. I think this thread demonstrates the core decency of the Hibs support who, by and large, win and lose (mostly lose, sadly) with good grace. We don't have to like Hearts to congratulate them. It doesn't mean we're too nice or a soft touch - the defeat hurts like hell - it means we're big enough to acknowledge the better team won on the day. It's just a bit of class amidst the rivalry, even if I still loathe them.

NAE NOOKIE
22-05-2012, 06:54 AM
I don't agree, Pat. Nothing wrong in saying well done to opponents, even if it's Hearts. We don't like doing it and we sure wish we didn't need to, but ultimately we lost a football match. I think this thread demonstrates the core decency of the Hibs support who, by and large, win and lose (mostly lose, sadly) with good grace. We don't have to like Hearts to congratulate them. It doesn't mean we're too nice or a soft touch - the defeat hurts like hell - it means we're big enough to acknowledge the better team won on the day. It's just a bit of class amidst the rivalry, even if I still loathe them.

I have said to any of the Yams I have been unable to avoid that the better team won on the day and admitted that Hibs were rank.

But congratulating them ... nae chance coz I'm not a hypocrite

And starting a thread on here sucking up tae them ........ as another netter posted ..... is just symptomatic of why they always pump us.

Beefster
22-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Another example of Hibs doing the 'classy' thing when, in reality, it's the 'loser' thing.

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2012, 08:13 AM
I have said to any of the Yams I have been unable to avoid that the better team won on the day and admitted that Hibs were rank.

But congratulating them ... nae chance coz I'm not a hypocrite

And starting a thread on here sucking up tae them ........ as another netter posted ..... is just symptomatic of why they always pump us.

Fair enough, mate, I understand what you're saying, but to me saying well done to them isn't hypocrisy or sucking up, it just acknowledges their achievement of winning the cup. We don't have to like the achievement, but it happened. It would be hypocrisy if we said we're happy for them, but that's something else entirely from recognising the achievement.

ManBearPig
22-05-2012, 08:27 AM
The irony is that the die-hard Jambos I know - not a peep. The fairweather erses on the other hand, they are the ones I detest and had umpteen missed calls, texts, etc - they weren't even at the game. On a stag I pulled out of to go on Saturday.

I agree have no problem congratulating the true fans through gritted teeth but these fair weather fans that appeared for the open top bus have no right to rub it in. A bit of sportsman like behaviour is what separates us from the uncivilised in he west!! 50k fans and only 22 arrests. That's the way a cup final should be. It was a great day untill 15 mins in! We will be back!! GGTTH

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Surprised this thread is STILL open.

spike220
22-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Surprised this thread is STILL open.

Well I was quite surprised we were pumped 5-1 in the final but hey-ho life is full of surprises.

Phil MaGlass
22-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Everyone keeps going on about how the yams deserve their win,
NO THEY ****ING DIDīNT. Think back over the last few weeks where we have all been complaining about level playing fields, this was not a level playing field the yams have bought and signed players with money they dont ****ing have. Its what we have been ripping into the Huns for the last months, its bloody madness to praise a team who have cheated their way to another Scottish Cup Final win with the Mad One at the helm.

I congratulated my yam mates at the weekend but also said to them it wasnt a level playing field and they all agreed.
So all I can say to folk who are congratulating the yams is WTF????

I would however like to thank them for three things,
firstly, I would like to thank them for showing up half a team of oxygen thieves and wage thieves who hopefully will not have a future at Hibs next season.
Secondly, for being (atleast in public) decent in their words to Hibs and Hibs supporters in their victory.
Thirdly, a massive thankyou for taking their feet off the gas and not pumping 7-9 goals past us.

jacomo
22-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Another example of Hibs doing the 'classy' thing when, in reality, it's the 'loser' thing.

I saw the "loser" thing play out on Saturday, thanks.

I am happy to endorse the OP's point - Hearts' indebtedness and woeful refereeing didn't matter on the day because Hibs didn't even turn up. No point criticising the Yams for that.

surreyhibbie
22-05-2012, 02:49 PM
I will happily congratulate any Jambo I meet.

Luckily, in 20 years of living here I haven't met one yet! :wink:

Long may it continue.

The best team on the day won, but I can't stand that lot.

ancient hibee
22-05-2012, 03:46 PM
I find it interesting that beating us seems more important to them than actually winning the cup.Very low ambitions for European Champions(potential).