PDA

View Full Version : Hibs V St Johnstone

heid the baw
20-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Something to think about for all those who defend Petrie
Here we have 2 clubs who, quite rightly, put proper financial management at the top of the agenda.

Edinburgh : population - 454,280.

Perth: population - 44,820 (meaning it is smaller than Kirkcaldy and about on par with Leith.)

2011 League Attendances

Hibs : overall 223,360 , average 11,755, finished 10th
St Johnstone : overall 72,982 , average 3,841, finished 8th

2012 Attendances
Hibs : overall 188,271 , average 9,909 , finished 11th , top scorer - O’Connor 16 goals
St Johnstone: overall 75,054 , average 4,169, finished 6th , top scorer - Sandaza 18 goals

We lost 35089 paying league customers last year, they gained 2072 (top 6)

Head to Head

They have won 6 of the last 10 league meetings (including a 5-1). There have been 3 draws and 1 Hibs win

Point from Hearts this season (pre split)
Hibs - 0
St Johnstone - 9

Last 2 Managers
St Johnstone : Owen Coyle, Derek McInnes
Hibs: John Hughes, Colin Claderwood

Wage structures, boardroom decisions, forward planning, ambition, vision, a comprehension of footballing matters, scouting structure, coaching staff, club culture? You tell me....

It is staggering to think that a club with such a small fan base can identify players/mangers, motivate players and compete at a higher level that Hibs do presently.

All I know is that had they been in that Cup final against us yesterday, they would have strolled it, and if they had been up against the ****bos, they would have at least made a right good game of it.

stokesmessiah
20-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Something to think about for all those who defend Petrie
Here we have 2 clubs who, quite rightly, put proper financial management at the top of the agenda.

Edinburgh : population - 454,280.

Perth: population - 44,820 (meaning it is smaller than Kirkcaldy and about on par with Leith.)

2011 League Attendances

Hibs : overall 223,360 , average 11,755, finished 10th
St Johnstone : overall 72,982 , average 3,841, finished 8th

2012 Attendances
Hibs : overall 188,271 , average 9,909 , finished 11th , top scorer - O’Connor 16 goals
St Johnstone: overall 75,054 , average 4,169, finished 6th , top scorer - Sandaza 18 goals

We lost 35089 paying league customers last year, they gained 2072 (top 6)

Head to Head

They have won 6 of the last 10 league meetings (including a 5-1). There have been 3 draws and 1 Hibs win

Point from Hearts this season (pre split)
Hibs - 0
St Johnstone - 9

Last 2 Managers
St Johnstone : Owen Coyle, Derek McInnes
Hibs: John Hughes, Colin Claderwood

Wage structures, boardroom decisions, forward planning, ambition, vision, a comprehension of footballing matters, scouting structure, coaching staff, club culture? You tell me....

It is staggering to think that a club with such a small fan base can identify players/mangers, motivate players and compete at a higher level that Hibs do presently.

All I know is that had they been in that Cup final against us yesterday, they would have strolled it, and if they had been up against the ****bos, they would have at least made a righht good game of it.

No denying they have had a good run of it of late but i think to take a couple of their good seasons and hold them up against a couple of our bad seasons is a pretty stupid way to measure something. Also taking one bad and comparing it to a good you can get the stats to say what you like. I appreciate the effort gone in to collating the info but as an experiment it doesnt really work.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 10:37 PM
It's no secret that we're poorly run as a football club (even if we're run well as a Business).

I still can't believe people are defending the board.

Like you've clearly pointed out, its possible to be secure finanically and have a decent team on the park (St Johnstone are living proof of this).

Yet, we can't produce a decent team on the park whatsoever.

heid the baw
20-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Stokesy, Fair enough but my point is about the prudent financial argument that we are fed every time by the board. If Saints can do that on a shoestring why can't Hibs at least match them?

Viva_Palmeiras
20-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Are they not also demolishing a stand and spend next to nothing on yoof.
Contrast that side to Hibs. I was also told by one of the Hearts sprint coaches the he rates our under 19s and raising the age for reserve teams should help us. Well see

heid the baw
20-05-2012, 10:52 PM
The stand is going because of a road proposal, Our player of the year was originally a product of St Johnstone yoof setup, and arrived shortly after Alistair Stevenson moved from Saints to Hibs to take up the youth coaching role...