PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO : Penalty decision!!!

FromTheCapital
20-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Fuming! :brickwall How can that Jambo **** possibly say this is a penalty?

Skip to 1:00 mins to see that ********s decision...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMT-57IeE10

Captain Trips
20-05-2012, 10:29 PM

Whole incident avoidable if from what I remember 2 players went to him and he still got past them both.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Whole incident avoidable if from what I remember 2 players went to him and he still got past them both.

This.

He should never have gotten anywhere near the box. He just ran past them like they weren't there. A bit like in the last derby game. :rolleyes:

hibernianyank
20-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Shocking decision :brickwall :grr:

lucky
20-05-2012, 10:38 PM
First time I've seen it apart from Hampden got to say the Thompson should be banned from football due to his incompetence/ cheating.

snooky
20-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Shocking decision :brickwall :grr:

To be fair to the ref, if you look closely he was completely unsighted.

:fibber:

Sir David Gray
20-05-2012, 10:41 PM
I've already watched it twice so I have no intention of clicking on that link but that decision was terrible and ended the game as a contest.

Fair enough, we would still have been down to 10 men as Kujabi did pull at his shirt and that is a booking. However, they should have had a free kick and not a penalty.

Giving them a penalty effectively made it 3-1, whereas if they had been awarded a free kick instead then it would probably have remained at 2-1 at that time at least. Given the pathetic performance that we put in yesterday, the end result might not have been any different but we'll never know now.

StevieT
20-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Whilst the player should never have managed to get anywhere near our penalty area, the decision by the referee is shocking. At the game I thought he was further away from the incident and it was his assistant who had given the decision, but watching that, he was in a perfect position.

There were certainly a few strange decisions by the referee; the Black assault, not even speaking to Skacel for running to the Hibs fans after scoring, the penalty and subsequent red card. I am also convinced that a Hearts player was offside when he received a pass leading up to Kujabi's first caution.

Yes we were poor but you expect the officials to be up to scratch.

HibeeMG
20-05-2012, 10:46 PM
First time I've seen it (I skipped right to it as I don't want to see any of the others).

I'm now absolutely raging. There is no way he could have got it wrong without it being blatant cheating (yes, I am saying that the referee cheated). It isn't sour grapes as I think we would have been beaten anyway.

Jones28
20-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Suspicions said it was never a penalty when I saw it in person, proved correct. And that twat Billy Dodds going on about Kujabi touching his ankle - did not happen!! Even the tug on the shirt was 5 yards outside the box!! And ****ing Sandy Clarke on Sportscene saying it was a penalty. :confused: Is he blind as well as fat and ugly?!

Even in victory Hearts fans are completely blind to any controversy! No class about them at all.

mentalhibee
20-05-2012, 11:28 PM
First time I've seen it (I skipped right to it as I don't want to see any of the others).

I'm now absolutely raging. There is no way he could have got it wrong without it being blatant cheating (yes, I am saying that the referee cheated). It isn't sour grapes as I think we would have been beaten anyway.

What a complete joke of a decision, I said before the game hibs should appeal against Thompson being the ref for the final. I knew he would be biased but this takes the biscuit! Scottish football is a complete farce, the ref has handed hearts the cup on a plate.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 11:34 PM
What a complete joke of a decision, I said before the game hibs should appeal against Thompson being the ref for the final. I knew he would be biased but this takes the biscuit! Scottish football is a complete farce, the ref has handed hearts the cup on a plate.

No. The players handed the cup to Hearts on a plate, lets be honest about this.

Thompson clearly made the wrong decision, but in any case, we would have still gone down to 10 men and Hearts would have still given us a doing.

The ref was a tit, but he didn't cost us anything on the day.

mentalhibee
20-05-2012, 11:41 PM

Thompson clearly made the wrong decision, but in any case, we would have still gone down to 10 men and Hearts would have still given us a doing.

Hibs had a shocking first half but things could have changed after half time... the ref has completed handed the game to them with that horrendous call!

Just_Jimmy
20-05-2012, 11:47 PM
The real decision that swung the game was the black elbow. He should have at least been booked. He walks and its 11v10 in hibs favour. If hes booked then hes on a tight rope all game.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Hibs had a shocking first half but things could have changed after half time... the ref has completed handed the game to them with that horrendous call!

Things wouldn't have changed after being sent down to 10 men, the heads would have still dropped (if they could have dropped any further).

PatHead
20-05-2012, 11:50 PM
I'll get it out the way first. We were overrun in the first half and should have been at least 3 down by halftime. I really thought we had got out of jail. Any hopes of that were dashed by that cheating referee. We will never know what may have happened if he hadn't given that ridiculous decision.

2 seasons ago Celtic suffered the same at the hands of a number of bad refereeing decisions. They took the SFA/SPL to task and hey ho this season they gey fewest bookings, least sendings off etc. The press let them off lightly.

I said at the time of the Aberdeen decision and the Griffiths witchhunt that Hibs had to stop being nice guys and get stuck into the authorities and press. As on the pitch we need to "man up" off it. Prepare a video of his decisions, hold a press conference asking people to make up their own mind. Demand he doesn't referee a game of ours again, demand players like Suso suffer like GOC did at the hands of the press. Basically make it clear we will no longer accept being treated the way we are currently

mentalhibee
20-05-2012, 11:57 PM
I'll get it out the way first. We were overrun in the first half and should have been at least 3 down by halftime. I really thought we had got out of jail. Any hopes of that were dashed by that cheating referee. We will never know what may have happened if he hadn't given that ridiculous decision.

2 seasons ago Celtic suffered the same at the hands of a number of bad refereeing decisions. They took the SFA/SPL to task and hey ho this season they gey fewest bookings, least sendings off etc. The press let them off lightly.

I said at the time of the Aberdeen decision and the Griffiths witchhunt that Hibs had to stop being nice guys and get stuck into the authorities and press. As on the pitch we need to "man up" off it. Prepare a video of his decisions, hold a press conference asking people to make up their own mind. Demand he doesn't referee a game of ours again, demand players like Suso suffer like GOC did at the hands of the press. Basically make it clear we will no longer accept being treated the way we are currently

Spot on!

iwasthere1972
21-05-2012, 12:00 AM
An absolute disgrace and never a penalty. Dirty Hearts cheat.

We'll never know what the outcome would have been had the penalty not been awarded and that's the sad part.

Referee? He couldn't referee a snowball fight.

HibsMax
21-05-2012, 12:05 AM

Disagree with this although I do agree we were crap. Black should have been carded or off. They should have had a free kick rather than a penalty. Two huge errors that changed the game IMO.

HibsMax
21-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Things wouldn't have changed after being sent down to 10 men, the heads would have still dropped (if they could have dropped any further).

I think the heads went down because of the sending off AND the penalty / goal.

2-1 versus 3-1, makes a difference to me.

SRHibs
21-05-2012, 12:11 AM
The thing that made him fall - the slight clip of his heel - was inside the box, so I feel like it was a fair penalty.

HibsMax
21-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Ok. Just watched the video. Dearie me. Has anyone in the media mentioned how absurd the decision was, or is everyone too scared?

I found this and found the comment at 89 minutes quite hilarious.

http://m.skysports.com/article/sports//7765751

HibsMax
21-05-2012, 12:14 AM
The thing that made him fall - the slight clip of his heel - was inside the box, so I feel like it was a fair penalty.

I'll need to look at this when I get home because on my cell phone it looks like a dive and everyone I spoke to who watched the game on tv said the sane. Including Hearts fans.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 12:17 AM
I think the heads went down because of the sending off AND the penalty / goal.

2-1 versus 3-1, makes a difference to me.

We would never have came back from even 2-1 down with 10 men.

All the penalty really did was add insault to injury. We where still going to lose.

Anybody saying that anything could have happened if a penalty wasn't given is clutching at straws.

HibsMax
21-05-2012, 12:32 AM
We would never have came back from even 2-1 down with 10 men.

All the penalty really did was add insault to injury. We where still going to lose.

Anybody saying that anything could have happened if a penalty wasn't given is clutching at straws.

Sorry, I don't have your crystal ball. ;)

We have no idea what would have happened if no penalty was given and if Black was sent off (I didn't say that in the post you quoted though). I'm not clutching at straws, I'm not saying we would have gone on to win the game.....I'm saying we didn't get a fair chance.

And I'm still saying we played crap. :)

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Sorry, I don't have your crystal ball. ;)

We have no idea what would have happened if no penalty was given and if Black was sent off (I didn't say that in the post you quoted though). I'm not clutching at straws, I'm not saying we would have gone on to win the game.....I'm saying we didn't get a fair chance.

And I'm still saying we played crap. :)

Blacks elbow wasn't a sending off, although he should have been booked for it, I agree on that point.

But if i'm being honest. Hearts could have started the game with only 5-6 players and they would have probably have still beaten us.

Our players just didn't care. I hate saying that, but it was clear that it didn't matter a jot to them.

Bayern Bru
21-05-2012, 12:50 AM
First time I've seen it apart from Hampden got to say the Thompson should be banned from football due to his incompetence/ cheating.

On that basis, so should most of our first team squad on recent showings.
:cool2:

HibsMax
21-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Blacks elbow wasn't a sending off, although he should have been booked for it, I agree on that point.

But if i'm being honest. Hearts could have started the game with only 5-6 players and they would have probably have still beaten us.

Our players just didn't care. I hate saying that, but it was clear that it didn't matter a jot to them.

I haven't had the benefit of seeing the Black incident, I was just going by what I heard from tv viewers. Still, a yellow card would have set the tone.

Next year. ;)

PISTOL1875
21-05-2012, 01:03 AM
We can moan about the pen all we want but the facts are simple in the sense that Santana should never have got that far.. He should've been clattered on the touchline..

calamitus
21-05-2012, 01:08 AM

Sorry to get all JFK about this, but I'm afraid that's wrong - here's the start of the dive
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz40/calamitus/simulation.jpg

On absolutely no level was this a penalty. Thomson has such an unimpeded view, and it's so far outside the box, that even if you accept that he gave it for a heel clip, which I don't - I think he gave it for the shirt tug - the decision is either based on impartiality or incompentence.

95% of the people watching it could see it wasn't a penalty at the time.

I know it now appears like this didn't matter much in terms of the scoreline, but we have no way of knowing what would have happened without this decision. The feeling at the end of the first half was very much that we had weathered the storm and had fought our way back into the game. This really knocked the wind out of us.

1875godsgift
21-05-2012, 01:39 AM

With all respect, I think that's a pile of bollox.

Black's challenge was at least a yellow, possibly a red. He was lucky the ref was a jambo.

We scored just before half time, you could see the players were gaining a little more confidence, fair play for most of the first half we were crap, but we had 5-10 minutes at the end were we were up for it.

1 minute into the 2nd half that cheatin ****** of a ref had had awarded a penalty against us and sent a player off.

If I was a hertz fan I'd be ashamed to have " won " a cup like that, but I suppose that's the only way they can win!

hertz and rangers have a lot in common, I just think its a bit sad if you have to cheat to win

Littlest Hobo
21-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Watched this over and over again on the sky plus slow motion.

First thing. Pa Kujabi was found out for pace. Far too slow.

Second thing, Griffiths done well to cover Kujabi but instead of putting his foot in to knock the ball out of play, he just stops thinking ( hoping) the ball had gone over the line. It hadn't and that gave the Spanish waiter the momentum to carry on and put Pa in big trouble.

Third thing was that Pa pulled his jersey back at least five or six yards outside the box.

Fourth thing I noticed and I had to look really really close but Kujabi did make contact with the under side of Suso's boot. Not enough to. bring him down though but enough for Suso to feel the contact. He then deliberately clips his own heels ( still outside the box) and gets 10's all round from the Olympic judges.

Craig Thomson was no more than ten yards away looking unhindered straight at the incident.

My honest opinion is that it was a foul outside the box.
Then the ref had a decision to make whether to send Pa off or not.

We all know what the cheating **** of a ref done next.

FWIW I still think we would have lost but that was a key decision. A game changer that spoiled a highly anticipated football match that meant everything to the two sets of supporters.

I'm disgusted at CT. They better not send him anywhere near ER next season as I fancy he'll be in serious danger.

KiddA
21-05-2012, 02:38 AM

Shocking, does not surprise me though Craig Thompson is a disgrace and how the SFA can sweep this under the carpet is a joke.

Scottish football is corrupt in a big way, yes we were sh### but that penalty was shocking. Hibs should ask the sfa not to let Craig Thompson ref another Hibs game again but I forgot there is no one with a pair of balls at Easter Road at the moment so we will get him another 6 or 7 times next year with the same calls.

Petrie GTF

Kaiser1962
21-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Blacks elbow wasn't a sending off, although he should have been booked for it, I agree on that point..

Yes it was. Was deliberate, unnatural and malicious. That decision set the benchmark for what Black was allowed to get away with and he continued with relative impunity. Kujabi, on the other hand, was given not one iota of leeway and the rules were applied and enforced with pedantic authority.

But if i'm being honest. Hearts could have started the game with only 5-6 players and they would have probably have still beaten us..

I hope you are exaggerating to make your point because that is patently ridiculous.

They did care and it did matter. Most, though, are not as good as they think they are, and they were just nowhere near good enough.

LeithBoozy
21-05-2012, 06:58 AM
All we are asking for is a level playing field, how anyone can say that his decisions did not matter is beyond me. A lot of the guys on here wanted the Hibs to complain about his appointment, long before the game. Quite rightly as it turned out, but no the Hibs management could not even get that right. As the hibby above states, the cheating basta had a clear view, Hibs must complain and make it clear he is not welcome back at our games.

TornadoHibby
21-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Sorry to get all JFK about this, but I'm afraid that's wrong - here's the start of the dive

On absolutely no level was this a penalty. Thomson has such an unimpeded view, and it's so far outside the box, that even if you accept that he gave it for a heel clip, which I don't - I think he gave it for the shirt tug - the decision is either based on impartiality or incompentence.

I know it now appears like this didn't matter much in terms of the scoreline, but we have no way of knowing what would have happened without this decision. The feeling at the end of the first half was very much that we had weathered the storm and had fought our way back into the game. This really knocked the wind out of us.

:top marks

This!

BEEJ
21-05-2012, 07:31 AM
I've already watched it twice so I have no intention of clicking on that link but that decision was terrible and ended the game as a contest.

Fair enough, we would still have been down to 10 men as Kujabi did pull at his shirt and that is a booking. However, they should have had a free kick and not a penalty.

Wrong, guys!!

If Santana stays on his feet and crosses the ball then play continues. There is no way that a ref would have gone back to book a player for a shirt tug under those circumstances. Happens all the time in football and players go unpunished.

When Santana dives the match is brought to a halt and the referee is forced into making a decision as to whether its simulation, a penalty, a free-kick or whatever. It's because play stops that Kujabi gets his second yellow. And play stops because Santana dives.

We might well have lost anyway. But any chance we had of actually showing up in the second half died with that ridiculous decision. The rest was a procession and probable defeat ended in a complete drubbing.

The ref contributed big time.

HibsNZ
21-05-2012, 07:59 AM
I don't think there would be a Hibs supporter alive who could watch that game and honestly believe we deserved anything out of it. But that should'nt cover up the utter incompetence or as most of us think, the cheating of Thompson. Fifteen yards away with a clear view and the supposedly best ref in Scotland comes up with that decision, why is'nt the prik made to explain that and the Black decision, the two biggest decisions of the game he got wrong to the benefit of that s hyte from gorgie. We never deserved anything from the game, but we also never deserved to have it reffed by that cheating b######!!!

VickMackie
21-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Disgrace.

SheriffLobo
21-05-2012, 08:49 AM

Haha I love it

Was about to watch again to see what you meant....then saw the pic further down.

On another note I can't understand all the moaning? Our record with Mr Thomson in charge speaks for itself.

I wonder if when younger a lovely Hibs lady laughed at his mangina and he has never forgiven?

SheriffLobo
21-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Also we were unlucky suso had his rubber strip on. At least that the only way a wee pull could catapult him into the air like that.

Just Alf
21-05-2012, 09:03 AM
The real decision that swung the game was the black elbow. He should have at least been booked. He walks and its 11v10 in hibs favour. If hes booked then hes on a tight rope all game.

Jimmy, with you 100% on that.... due to work couldn't go, ended up at a pub surrounded by Jambo's they were bricking it and shouting at the TV when Black did that bit of GBH... they thought he was off..... big cheers when he wasn't even spoken too :grr:

SlickShoes
21-05-2012, 09:04 AM
As bad as hibs were, this decision was a game changer, 3-1 down with 10 men was a hopeless task, 2-1 down with 11 men we still had a chance.

There is no way anyone can deny that this decision was the one that decided the outcome of the game, we had fought back to 2-1 we were not looking great by any stretch but neither were hearts at that point, to have a man sent off for a shirt tug outside the box and pen given, when black assaulted griffiths and brought someone else down off the ball and didnt even get booked, is just criminal.

LeithBoozy
21-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Also we were unlucky suso had his rubber strip on. At least that the only way a wee pull could catapult him into the air like that.

We have had the Brown trout, now the fat minnow, the same ref twice, ( and I use the word ref very loosely) :rolleyes:

GreenPJ
21-05-2012, 09:55 AM
I don't have the heart to watch any of the game but for me kujabis first booking was contentious. I thought he got the ball first in which case whatever happened in the build up to the non penalty he would not have been sent off

Spike Mandela
21-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Ha ha that is one of the funniest comedy dives I have ever seen. It looks like something the SFA would used in a training video as a bit of light humour showing young trainees how not to make a decision.

It's the worst penalty decision I've seen given since Pittodrie earlier this season. Now who was the ref that day?:rolleyes:

21-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Absolutly awful decision, blantant cheating! Thompson couldn't ****ing wait to give them that! I think we would have still got beat if it wasn't given as we ourselves were very poor but I definatly dont think it would have been as flattering as 5-1 !

He just proved what we already knew, cheating, hearts ******* with a very obvious hate for hibs who should never have been allowed to referee this final!

Golden Bear
21-05-2012, 11:13 AM
That's even worse than I thought it was!

Absolutely ridiculous to say the least.

:grr:

SheriffLobo
21-05-2012, 11:44 AM
We have had the Brown trout, now the fat minnow, the same ref twice, ( and I use the word ref very loosely) :rolleyes:

I don't use referee and his name in the same sentence

DH1875
21-05-2012, 11:51 AM
It's a shocking decision and how any self respecting hibby can argue different is beyond me. We were poor, there's no getting away from it but a 2-1 game is a lot different to a 3-1 game with 10 men. Look at the first half, we were never in it and only went in 1 down. A dodgy goal or piece of luck and it goes to 2-2 and they would have crumbled.

hibs0666
21-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Doesn't excuse the fact that 2 hibs players let Suso run 30 yards without either of them making a challenge.

grunt
21-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Doesn't excuse the fact that 2 hibs players let Suso run 30 yards without either of them making a challenge.Agreed, it doesn't. But that's not the point that's being made here.

basehibby
21-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Ok. Just watched the video. Dearie me. Has anyone in the media mentioned how absurd the decision was, or is everyone too scared?

I found this and found the comment at 89 minutes quite hilarious.

http://m.skysports.com/article/sports//7765751

Good of you to post that - from this (presumably) neutral summarisers POV we are definately NOT over-reacting. The final summation being the most telling....

"FT: HIBERNIAN 1-5 HEARTS - an easy win in the end but the game was ruined by a shocking display from referee Craig Thomson.
90mins: Thomson completes his performance by dismissing Hibs boss Pat Fenlon.
89mins: Two Hearts players collide in the box, but no penalty awarded."

Two Craig Thomsons - both of them Jambos - one of them a paedo and the other a cheating ref - dunno which one I hate the most :grr::grr::grr:

Hibs should definately complain about this so called performance as it's not been the first time he's ****ed us up this season.

tomf
21-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Hi all
This is my first comment on hibs.net although my son Matthew (Matty) has made plenty of contributions. I was at the final and I went feeling elated that Hibs had escaped relegation and that we were at least in the final; we had a chance although the odds were stacked against us. Hearts had to be the favourites and man for man they are a better team but then they have millions of pounds of debt and are paying inflated wages they simply can't afford but such are the economics of football that debt appears to buy you success. I'm proud to be a hibby and that our club always tries to play fair as much a anyone can in these cynical times. In terms of the game; as soon as I knew the cheat we all know Craig Thomson to be was announced as ref I knew we had no chance. I predicted he would send a Hibs player off and he did it whilst simultaneously awarding them a penalty, which was clearly a cheat by the player and ref combined. He gave Black a talking to after what could have been a sending off and booked a Hibs player at the first opportunity. It was blatant cheating. Hibs were the poorer team, we got it wrong tactically and we weren't up for it (God alone knows why) they deserved to win but their victory will forever be tarnished by the fact they needed a cheating referee to ensure it. There's only one legend they need to put into their tawdry hall of fame after this weekend. Apologies for the lehgth of the comment I have a lot to do to catch up with Matthew. We'll win the damn thing one day.

Golden Bear
21-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi all
This is my first comment on hibs.net although my son Matthew (Matty) has made plenty of contributions. I was at the final and I went feeling elated that Hibs had escaped relegation and that we were at least in the final; we had a chance although the odds were stacked against us. Hearts had to be the favourites and man for man they are a better team but then they have millions of pounds of debt and are paying inflated wages they simply can't afford but such are the economics of football that debt appears to buy you success. I'm proud to be a hibby and that our club always tries to play fair as much a anyone can in these cynical times. In terms of the game; as soon as I knew the cheat we all know Craig Thomson to be was announced as ref I knew we had no chance. I predicted he would send a Hibs player off and he did it whilst simultaneously awarding them a penalty, which was clearly a cheat by the player and ref combined. He gave Black a talking to after what could have been a sending off and booked a Hibs player at the first opportunity. It was blatant cheating. Hibs were the poorer team, we got it wrong tactically and we weren't up for it (God alone knows why) they deserved to win but their victory will forever be tarnished by the fact they needed a cheating referee to ensure it. There's only one legend they need to put into their tawdry hall of fame after this weekend. Apologies for the lehgth of the comment I have a lot to do to catch up with Matthew. We'll win the damn thing one day.

I totally agree but unfortunately THEY will never see it that way.

iwasthere1972
21-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi all

:top marks

ehf
21-05-2012, 12:58 PM

Could not be any clearer from that picture that Thomson is a cheating Jambo koont. Whatever he thought had happened, he could clearly see it had happened well outside the box. No possibility of human error here. If you put 1,000 other (proper, unbiased, non-corrupt) referees in his position, not one of them would have given a penalty

BEEJ
21-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Hi all
:agree: Well said, Tom. Spot on! :aok:

lapsedhibee
21-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Could not be any clearer from that picture that Thomson is a cheating Jambo koont. Whatever he thought had happened, he could clearly see it had happened well outside the box. No possibility of human error here. If you put 1,000 other (proper, unbiased, non-corrupt) referees in his position, not one of them would have given a penalty

:confused: Surely most of them would be unsighted though?

CmoantheHibs
21-05-2012, 02:31 PM
To me it seems pretty clear that it wasnt a penalty but what was Kujabi doing tugging his shirt?He was already on a booking and Hanlon was there as cover.It wasnt a very smart decision by him.
I do agree that Hibs should make a request that they do not get him as an official again.It is unlikely that this request would be granted but at least it would highlight what we as a club feel as clear bias against us.The press would pick up on this and his performances in charge when we play would be scruitinised in great detail.This may not change what has already happened but may put a stop to it happening in future.

Hibernia Na Eir
21-05-2012, 02:59 PM

How very convenient.

I cant wait to see the reception Thomson gets on his next Easter Road visit. I hope its truly poisonous for him!

JeMeSouviens
21-05-2012, 03:39 PM
****** hell, this is the first I've looked at it, I expected it to be clearly outside but quite close.

This is the moment Kujabi lets go of Suso's jersey, ie. the last moment of contact. That is so far out of the box it's frightening.

http://home2.btconnect.com/anniviers/ref.jpg

easty
21-05-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm not doing it, because it won't change anything, but I wonder - do the sfa/spl/whoever reply if you complain in writing about the performace of a referee?

GREEN WARLORD
21-05-2012, 03:55 PM

QPR proved last week that a team of 10 men can score against the big guns. That desision was the nail in the coffin and what a disgraceful one it was, considering the ref's positioning. Yes, we wern't great but many a team has put in a bad performance and came home with the spoils. We needed the big desicions to go our way Craig Thomson made it quiet clear we were getting none.

I ask 2 questions.

1. Did the desicions in the match have an effect on the game ( lack of card for Black's elbow, card for Kujabi, which was no more than a clumsey challange/ non malicious and the penalty that never was)?

2. Did our vocal outcry about Thomson getting the game, sway the desicions in their favour.

BTW the jersey pull is a pet hate of mine and i have no problem with a man getting booked for it, however he wouldn't have walked because Kujabi's first tackle was toytown.

Squealing pig
21-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Suspicions said it was never a penalty when I saw it in person, proved correct. And that twat Billy Dodds going on about Kujabi touching his ankle - did not happen!! Even the tug on the shirt was 5 yards outside the box!! And ****ing Sandy Clarke on Sportscene saying it was a penalty. :confused: Is he blind as well as fat and ugly?!

Even in victory Hearts fans are completely blind to any controversy! No class about them at all.sandy clarke knows it wasnt a penalty its just soor grapes about 86 that makes him act like this move on silly man we all have in space of 2 days hes bitter after 26 years

BEEJ
21-05-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm not doing it, because it won't change anything, but I wonder - do the sfa/spl/whoever reply if you complain in writing about the performace of a referee?
If you write to the Head of Refereeing, in my experience you get a standard reply comprising a condescending one-liner.

You then have to write a second time, copying in the Chief Executive of the SFA in order to receive a more considered response.

So just write directly to Regan - it will save a bit of effort.

matty_f
21-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Hi all

:agree: Agree with that. Think it was after the Killie game that you realised how bad Thomson is.

The more I've thought about what happened on Saturday the angrier I've got at Thomson's role in it.

Regardless of how poorly we played, there is no way that we wouldn't have gotten a lift from Black getting the red card that he deserved, and it forces Hearts to change how they've set up. All of a sudden Fenlon's got the chance to stick to his tactics and Sergio needs to change his. At 0-0 that would have been massive. Black is widely regarded as one of their key players, losing him early doors could have been devastating for them.

But even with 11 men, we hauled ourselves back into the game. 2-1 going into half time, with us on the ascendency - we had a chance. We'll never know if Fenlon's changes would have been effective, or if the players would have improved because Thomson made sure with the penalty and the red card, that the game was put beyond us and any hopes of staging a comeback were taken away from us.

virtualhibby
21-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I wonder what EUFA would have to say about the lack of competence in this and the Black decision. Wonder if he would still get the gig he is due at the Euros?

EHZERO7
21-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Absolutely agree, thomsons positioning of it is, dare is say it perfect. I said to my mate at the game that he is embarrassingly biased against Hibs, always has been always will be.

As poor as Hibs were that decision alone killed the game.

Everyone on here knew he could/would play a major part in things if he was given the final and so it turned out.

I agree also Hibs should ask the SFA etc for their views.

jacomo
22-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Suso took a dive and should have been booked.

Yes there was a tug on the jersey by Kujabi, but in that case Thomson should have booked every player for doing the same.

bawheid
22-05-2012, 09:58 AM
How very convenient.

I cant wait to see the reception Thomson gets on his next Easter Road visit. I hope its truly poisonous for him!

It should be made clear to both Thomson and the SFA that he's not welcome at Easter Road. He shouldn't be allowed through the front door, it's as simple as that.

Kato
22-05-2012, 11:39 AM
It should be made clear to both Thomson and the SFA that he's not welcome at Easter Road. He shouldn't be allowed through the front door, it's as simple as that.

I'd like to see him at ER.

HibsMax
22-05-2012, 09:34 PM
If he ever refs a game at Easter Road in the future then I will pay for the 600 red pieces of cardboard so that the a block 20 x 30 can hold them up when he runs on the pitch while everyone chants "Cheat, cheat, cheat!"

LaMotta
22-05-2012, 09:47 PM
I'd like to see him at ER.

:agree: For Thomson to avoid that scenario would be unfair - its the least he deserves, and I'm sure we would make it very unpleasant for him.

If we cant enjoy watching a decent team we should at least be able to scream at Jambo Thomson for 90 Minutes. Of course the SFA will no doubt inititially give him a Hibs game up at Ross County or Inverness far far away to dampen the whole thing down and hope that we forget about it.

BEEJ
22-05-2012, 10:17 PM
If he ever refs a game at Easter Road in the future then I will pay for the 600 red pieces of cardboard so that the a block 20 x 30 can hold them up when he runs on the pitch while everyone chants "Cheat, cheat, cheat!"
TBH, that will only make him determined to be even more biased.

Far better that the club explore every means to ensure that he be prevented from officiating at any of our matches again.

HibsMax
22-05-2012, 10:46 PM
TBH, that will only make him determined to be even more biased.

Far better that the club explore every means to ensure that he be prevented from officiating at any of our matches again.

If such a thing is possible. ;)

I just went back and reviewed the penalty. The commentator on Premier Sports said that Kujabi received his yellow in the first half for one foul too many. I decided to look into that. Kujabi is booked for his FIRST foul in the 17th minute. He did not commit any fouls pior to that. He actually looked like he was playing better than I remember. I don't know how many fouls Kujabi committed between his first yellow and the the second (and I'm not watching the whole match just yet - if at all) but it's possible that he was sent off for two fouls, one of which was a little tame and the other which was a brief shirt pull outside of the box.

BEEJ
22-05-2012, 11:06 PM
If such a thing is possible. ;)

I just went back and reviewed the penalty. The commentator on Premier Sports said that Kujabi received his yellow in the first half for one foul too many. I decided to look into that. Kujabi is booked for his FIRST foul in the 17th minute. He did not commit any fouls pior to that. He actually looked like he was playing better than I remember. I don't know how many fouls Kujabi committed between his first yellow and the the second (and I'm not watching the whole match just yet - if at all) but it's possible that he was sent off for two fouls, one of which was a little tame and the other which was a brief shirt pull outside of the box.
He may have had one more foul inbetween. But no more than that.

The comparison with what Black got away with is striking.

NAE NOOKIE
23-05-2012, 07:23 PM
8:20pm on 23/05/12

Thats the first time I've seen that.

I dont think we would have won the final penalty or not.

But to give a penalty for that ... given the perfect position the ref was in to see it ... was a disgrace!!!

This man should never be allowed to referee a Hibs game again ...... ever !!!

Northern Hibby
24-05-2012, 04:04 PM

Like :aok:

HibsMax
24-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Like :aok:

How much IS 600 pieces of red cardboard these days? And why does dot net have a "Red Indian" smilie? lol.

matty_f
24-05-2012, 06:35 PM
To be honest, if we're doing a display then we should get the still of Susan flinging herself down outside the box and just have the words "Penalty ref?" alongside it.

Stick another one together of Black's elbow connecting with Sparkie's jaw and have the words "no card, ref?" beside it.

While we hold them up we can chant "cheat, cheat, cheat"

Kris1875
24-05-2012, 06:43 PM
To be honest, if we're doing a display then we should get the still of Susan flinging herself down outside the box and just have the words "Penalty ref?" alongside it.

Stick another one together of Black's elbow connecting with Sparkie's jaw and have the words "no card, ref?" beside it.

While we hold them up we can chant "cheat, cheat, cheat"

I think your onto something there and I'd defo be up for chipping in for it !!!!