PDA

View Full Version : Time for us the fans to get even with the imposters in Hibs shirts

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Here's an idea.

I'm sick and tired of players who clearly don't give a **** about the club or its fans. Players who go on the lash at any opportunity, revelling in the wages we pay them while constantly under performing. Players who effectively treat us with contempt, drag our club's name through the mud and make perfectly clear that our club is just the source of a paycheck to them.

Today we have stories of Hibs players partying in town last night when they should have been ashamed to be out. They should have been feeling the anger and disappointment that we were trying to cope with.

So why don't we start our own 'Player Watch'?

Want to go up town getting pissed? Great. Want to not try a leg while you live off our hard earned money paid at the gate and through season tickets? Great. Want to behave like a roaster while you are passing through the club we love en route to your next payday? Great

Guess what? We get our say too though. There are thousands of us Hibee supporters all with mobile phones and cameras. One click and then post on here. If Pat Fenlon is serious about instilling discipline into the players he keeps and the new ones he brings, then he will have a ready made set of eyes and ears that are thousands strong.

All Pat has to do is drop in from time to time and see what we see.

Don't like it waster wage thief? **** you.

ManBearPig
20-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Couldnt agree more that performance yesterday showed that sentiment in abundance!

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 07:12 PM
We should have a new contract policy which puts a ban on players drinking during the season.

I honestly believe that we have players turning up for games who are hung over from the night before.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Well said.

You treat our club like ****, we'll make sure everyone knows about it.

No problem with players having the odd night out but the whole culture has to.change.

20-05-2012, 07:15 PM
The picture of Garry O'Conner up town last night, looking like he's having a good time with his jambo mate is the first in what i'm sure will end up a large port folio!

20-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Well said.

No problem with players having the odd night out but the whole culture has to.change.

Neither do I, they are normal people at the end of the day and are entitled to go out with friends and have a drink just like the rest of us are but to go out on the lash up town just hours after you have humiliated your club in a horrible cup final defeat to your arch rivals is completly disrespectful to the club and its fans. They are spending our hard earned cash that we have put into the club and we get nothing back from them! Whilst we are heading home feeling absolutly devastated and deflated, they are heading up town partying!

TheMentalHibees
20-05-2012, 07:25 PM
The picture of Garry O'Conner up town last night, looking like he's having a good time with his jambo mate is the first in what i'm sure will end up a large port folio!

Where's this photo?

Weir7
20-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Here's an idea.

I'm sick and tired of players who clearly don't give a **** about the club or its fans. Players who go on the lash at any opportunity, revelling in the wages we pay them while constantly under performing. Players who effectively treat us with contempt, drag our club's name through the mud and make perfectly clear that our club is just the source of a paycheck to them.

Today we have stories of Hibs players partying in town last night when they should have been ashamed to be out. They should have been feeling the anger and disappointment that we were trying to cope with.

Want to go up town getting pissed? Great. Want to not try a leg while you live off our hard earned money paid at the gate and through season tickets? Great. Want to behave like a roaster while you are passing through the club we love en route to your next payday? Great

Guess what? We get our say too though. There are thousands of us Hibee supporters all with mobile phones and cameras. One click and then post on here. If Pat Fenlon is serious about instilling discipline into the players he keeps and the new ones he brings, then he will have a ready made set of eyes and ears that are thousands strong.

Do what Ultras do in Italy. Turn up at training for a quiet word.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Where's this photo?

Check the thread about the clubstore.

ScottB
20-05-2012, 07:29 PM
The mission should be to bring in players whose priority isn't getting hammered every weekend, rather than catching them out.

You'd have thought last night that the players would have stayed on in Glasgow had they wanted to drown their sorrows, but expecting them to consider the fans feelings is probably asking too much for most of the current mob.

cabbageandribs1875
20-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Where's this photo?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?237306-21st-May-Clubstore-and-Ticket-Office-closed/page2

Weir7
20-05-2012, 07:32 PM
The mission should be to bring in players whose priority isn't getting hammered every weekend, rather than catching them out.

You'd have thought last night that the players would have stayed on in Glasgow had they wanted to drown their sorrows, but expecting them to consider the fans feelings is probably asking too much for most of the current mob.

There was an official club function which they should have been at

TheEastTerrace
20-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Well said.

Seems to be 'give an inch, take a mile' with this lot though and I'm sure it's not just the odd beer or two. They are paid handsomely to make the sacrifice that an athlete should make throughout the season. Pregnant women can do it for 9 months, why not professional footballers? Summer off season, fine. Don't want to sound draconian but seems this is what Hibs need pronto.

Le Guen faced the same issue at Rangers when the players wouldn't curb their midweek bevvi sessions, and sure John Collins did whilst at Hibs as well.

TheMentalHibees
20-05-2012, 07:39 PM

**** me. If that guys a hibby, he does a good job of hiding it. Nobody who has any affection for the club would've felt like partying last night.

DH1875
20-05-2012, 07:44 PM

They should rename that thread :tee hee:.

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 07:49 PM
'Waster Watch' I think we should call it.

Does anyone know the email address for Pat Fenlon, Rod Petrie and/or Wolverhampton Wanderers? Given what Doherty had to say for himself on twitter I think his employers should know about his shocking attitude.

I think from next season onwards we should be a hell of a lot more interactive with our club's management on the subject of our players, their fitness and attitude and their conduct off the park, whether they like it or not.

I'm damn sure if I developed a problem out of the office that was affecting my work my employer would have something to say about it.

LeithBoozy
20-05-2012, 07:55 PM
**** me. If that guys a hibby, he does a good job of hiding it. Nobody who has any affection for the club would've felt like partying last night.

Its actions like this that are helping fans to turn their back on our club.:rolleyes:

dp00
20-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Ive got john rankin on twitter and he was posting the other day about having his yearly mcdonalds and his 1 and only proper drinking session of the year..... now i know he was not everyone's favourite player but thats the attitude we need at hibs, and im sure no one would argue that rankin was one of the fittest at the club when he was with us

we need some strict rules in place for the new players, if they dont agree then they can **** off

- no drinking during the season
- players banned from city centre clubs during the season
- player following a strict diet

im sure someone else could think of more

Baldy Foghorn
20-05-2012, 08:45 PM
The huge irony for me is Fife saying that our fans should remember we are ambassadors for the Club and Edinburgh, then we see players getting pissed and telling some on twitter that they dont give a flying one....Only at Hibs:rolleyes:

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Being a football player is a full 24/7 job. That means showing character off the pitch as well as on it.

They should at least limit their alcohol intake for rare occasions, instead of looking ahead to their next weekend lash up.

I haven't seen a player at the club thats looked genuinely fit since 2007.

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Being a football player is a full 24/7 job. That means showing character off the pitch as well as on it.

They should at least limit their alcohol intake for rare occasions, instead of looking ahead to their next weekend lash up.

You're dead right. Slow, too fat or too thin and lacking in match aggression.

If we turn yesterday's experience into a bad day for Edinburgh's nightclubs we will be doing our club and our players a big favour.

truehibernian
20-05-2012, 08:59 PM

It's not unique to Hibs though - why do you think Scottish football is so poor, our clubs never get beyond Euro qualifying rounds, both domestically and at international level. And it's societal.

Not only were players like Larsson, Laudrup and Van Bronkhorst great players for example.....they looked after themselves, thus playing til a good age at the top level.

Our guys think getting their cards stamped at Nandos regularly counts as healthy eating. They drink whilst recuperating from injury, which does nothing to assist the physiology of your injured body, other than harm it. And they often drink the same week as important games. Jeez I heard before the Dunfermline game about yet another player in the first team smoking......I await those that say, 'aye Zoff, Socrates and Albertz smoked'.....they were fantastic players in squads of world class players. This is Scotland, the SPL, and Hibs. Worlds apart......bevvy, Greggs, fags, the horses, birds and worse.....the Hibs (and Scottish) way.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 09:07 PM
It's not unique to Hibs though - why do you think Scottish football is so poor, our clubs never get beyond Euro qualifying rounds, both domestically and at international level. And it's societal.

Not only were players like Larsson, Laudrup and Van Bronkhorst great players for example.....they looked after themselves, thus playing til a good age at the top level.

Our guys think getting their cards stamped at Nandos regularly counts as healthy eating. They drink whilst recuperating from injury, which does nothing to assist the physiology of your injured body, other than harm it. And they often drink the same week as important games. Jeez I heard before the Dunfermline game about yet another player in the first team smoking......I await those that say, 'aye Zoff, Socrates and Albertz smoked'.....they were fantastic players in squads of world class players. This is Scotland, the SPL, and Hibs. Worlds apart......bevvy, Greggs, fags, the horses, birds and worse.....the Hibs (and Scottish) way.

You're 100% correct. Its a general problem in this country that needs to be stamped out.

Although sadly, for a top flight club, i'd say we were clearly the worst for it.

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 09:24 PM
The international fans are in the process of preparing to open up a line of communication with the club, but with the goal of dealing with matters that affect overseas fans. Maybe someone wants to do something similar but with respect to these issues?

But why do the fans need to tell the board how to run a football team? Is that not their job?

AuldManDisguise
20-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Let's verbally and possibly physically abuse them up town/at games/in the street for being the non-trying losers that they are.

That'll show them what it means to be Hibernian, alright.

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Let's verbally and possibly physically abuse them up town/at games/in the street for being the non-trying losers that they are.

That'll show them what it means to be Hibernian, alright.

Whatever you say Uncle Tom

JohnStephens91
20-05-2012, 10:29 PM
I can set up a player watch website on Wordpress? It won't take long, but it will need to wait until my work experience is finished this week.

MyJo
21-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Easy solution. Fenlon introduces a 72 hour alcohol ban. 48 hours before a match and 24 hours after and any player caught breaking this rule is fined. Multiple breaches and they have to get alcohol dependency therapy

killie-hibby
21-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Easy solution. Fenlon introduces a 72 hour alcohol ban. 48 hours before a match and 24 hours after and any player caught breaking this rule is fined. Multiple breaches and they have to get alcohol dependency therapy

Much easier solution would be 100% alcohol abstinance. These guys are athletes and should live as such throughout their short, but very well paid careers.
I have yet to hear of any sports science reports or clinical papers (medical) suggesting alcohol enhances performance.

Green&White
21-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Collins tried all this and look what happened to him!!

21-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Collins tried all this and look what happened to him!!

If the players don't like it then they can GTF. If they want to go up town on the lash every weekend then fine but they wont be doing it with the hard earned cash that myself and many other hibs fans put into HFC which pays their wages. The club needs to have disipline and not letting these guys just do what they want. I don't mind them having nights out but not all the time, especially when they are not performing on the park or doing anything to merit it. They most certainly should not have been up town partying on saturday night after the disgraceful display at hampden. Any player that cared at all about this football club would have been hurting just as bad as us fans and therefore would not be up for partying.

John Collins tried to install discipline and run a tight ship but was unfairly trampled on by players who wanted things their own way. NOT ON! The players do not run this football club. If the manager does not have control and respect then theres no point in him even being there. Fenlon needs to lay down a strict law and anybody who doesnt like it or breaks it is disrespecting the club and can leave.

steviehibsleith
21-05-2012, 08:35 AM

100 percent correct - Galbraith took his ankle knock midweek game on the Friday he was at a club seen by my niece till 4 in the morning and hasnt kicked a ball since.

Now has groin and ankle problems what a clown
We are paying his wages for what ......

One Day Soon
21-05-2012, 08:51 AM
I tell you what guys, like I said in my OP, they can do as they see fit - but so can we.

A regular feed of info to the manager and club as to who has been where until what time of the morning will allow the boss to decide who is loyal to the club and who is a joker. How do the impostors think that 10,000 fans will react to them on the park once they have a much clearer undertsanding of their drinking and clubbing binges?

Players who fall into that category will soon see very little first team football and won't have the privilege of wearing the green for long. And good luck to them trying to find other clubs once their partying reputations are established.

After Sunday's disgrace and the humilitation of the last three years we take no prisoners. It's our club, not theirs.

Hibs7
21-05-2012, 08:56 AM
They are a joke and unless the club installs strict discipline rules which must be adhered to, then we will never get the type of player, who actually wants to win and is fit enough to give 110%
It isn't just about what a player brings to the club, it is attitude and the desire to be better, improving yourself and the club to reach the top.
I don't think we have any player in that bracket ( except maybe Lewis) at the club.

cabbageandribs1875
21-05-2012, 09:01 AM
who is this danny galbraith guy ? i've saw his name mentioned a few times on here, did he play for us in the 50-60's or whit

:whistle:

steviehibsleith
21-05-2012, 09:05 AM
on every club up the town or decent pub there are security/bouncers who are in contact with each other in case of problems.
Its very easy for someone like PF or BB to contact these guys and say look i the manger of hibs let me know if any of my players are on the lash. Half of these guys by default will be hibbees and have no probs with helping out

Before you say rubbish look accross the capital - I know for a absolute fact it happens Darren Murray has even stated it that he knows when anyone of his under 19s have been out though his network of contacts - its his business to know. And the same is known from the first team. The issue with Hibs is that so many are doing it They cant punish the whole team. Reality check. Start from now hibs and I agree with the post we as fans will let you know when they are out too and punish them.

Marooned In Oz
21-05-2012, 12:29 PM
I had quite an interesting chat with an Aussie guy I know that works in the Hibs ticket office. Obviously he was at the game but isn't a hibs fan so stayed to the end etc.

Anyways, He told me he was at the end of season "party" after the game and as an Australian he was taking advantage of the open bar etc. I said to him "jeez I bet that was like a funeral yesterday" he replied,"Not really, they didn't seem that bothered to be honest- a few looked rather pleased. They don't give a **** on the pitch, why would they give a **** off it?"

This is from a neutral that works in Hibernian. If that was my clubs players celebrating and having a laugh after that pathertic performance I would be ropeable. Wholesale changes need to be made to the playing staff at your football club. The majority are an absolute disgrace and don't deserve the wages your club gives them.

Clear out the whole lot and start again. You won't regret it. :aok:

Golden Bear
21-05-2012, 12:55 PM
I had quite an interesting chat with an Aussie guy I know that works in the Hibs ticket office. Obviously he was at the game but isn't a hibs fan so stayed to the end etc.

Anyways, He told me he was at the end of season "party" after the game and as an Australian he was taking advantage of the open bar etc. I said to him "jeez I bet that was like a funeral yesterday" he replied,"Not really, they didn't seem that bothered to be honest- a few looked rather pleased. They don't give a **** on the pitch, why would they give a **** off it?"

This is from a neutral that works in Hibernian. If that was my clubs players celebrating and having a laugh after that pathertic performance I would be ropeable. Wholesale changes need to be made to the playing staff at your football club. The majority are an absolute disgrace and don't deserve the wages your club gives them.

Yip. It's been all too evident for a number of years now despite a huge turnover of both Managers and Players. I'm sure other Clubs also have their problem players but it seems to have reached epidemic levels at ER. It's difficult to know what the answer is other than to ensure that the correct disciplines are installed in the youth players at an early age and potential signing targets are vetted in greater depth than what has been happening at present.

Hibs are a football club (well they should be) and not some sort of rehabilitation organisation for waifs and strays who have erred elsewhere.

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 01:08 PM

This sums everything that is wrong with Hibernian, the drinking culture and couldn't care less attitude....

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 01:19 PM
As an aside, I got email from Mr Hyland to say that after the match the emotions were more suited to a wake, and that all the players and director's were crushed by Saturday's defeat?:hmmm:

Sir David Gray
21-05-2012, 01:20 PM

Hearing these stories time and time again about our players really makes me sick. :bitchy:

It's different players as well which makes it worse. We've been saying this about the Hibs players for about the last three or four squads and it has to change.

Marooned In Oz
21-05-2012, 01:23 PM
As an aside, I got email from Mr Hyland to say that after the match the emotions were more suited to a wake, and that all the players and director's were crushed by Saturday's defeat?:hmmm:

Wasnt trying to rub it in, just passing on what I heard mate. Not my words but the lad from the hibs ticket office.

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Wasnt trying to rub it in, just passing on what I heard mate. Not my words but the lad from the hibs ticket office.

Yes I know you where not rubbing it in, Sorry if I gave that impression. I was just stating we have had reports of players laughing,joking and drinking on bus, players getting wired into booze at end of season party, players being in George Street at 10pm ish, however, 1 of our director's has said all the players were crushed, and I shouldn't listen to speculation.....Is it true, is it a cover up? Who knows.....

One Day Soon
21-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Yes I know you where not rubbing it in, Sorry if I gave that impression. I was just stating we have had reports of players laughing,joking and drinking on bus, players getting wired into booze at end of season party, players being in George Street at 10pm ish, however, 1 of our director's has said all the players were crushed, and I shouldn't listen to speculation.....Is it true, is it a cover up? Who knows.....

I think we all know that answer to that one.

If the club thinks there is even the remotest possibility of the ER spin machine massaging away what the fans are feeling then I believe they have a massive shock coming to them. Saturday was the end product of three years or more of shambolic amateurishness and boy has it blown away any delusions we may have had about what has been going on.

Clearly, for example, Doherty's version of crushed is different from ours when he can say that "to be honest I don't give a ****"

To those in charge at ER: get real or get out.

Lungo--Drom
21-05-2012, 02:07 PM
I TOTALLY AGREE!

A couple of years ago I was at a match at Rugby Park. It was bloody freezing (okay I know it always is at RP) but my Killie ST holder mate invited me to the Sportsman bar after the match. This was okay as he is a cornerstone of the club, ST holder, shareholder etc. and also (surprise surprise) we lost in a particularly crap display of football by Hibs so they were all happy as Larry anyway. I think the bar packed full of Killie fans felt sorry for me. Anyway, as I walked back to the railway station, long after all other Hibbies had headed home, I spotted the Hibs team bus parked outside a side entrance to the ground.

Inside it was like a party, people laughing hysterically and jumping about and throwing things at each other like school kids. They were waiting for the final few players to come out the building and get on board. Someone was standing at the open door of the bus waiting for the rest of the squad to board and someone inside was shouting like a kid, "Tell them to hurry up (giggle)." etc. I stood, in the semi-darkness on the driver's side of the bus and listened for a few minutes. I didn't here anyone mention football, or "oh that wasn't so good", or nothing, just a total party atmosphere. I was shocked, angry and depressed all in the same moment.

Clearly this overall attitude / mentality / accepted behaviour is still prevalent from reading earlier posts. Different a*******s, same party it seems :rolleyes: Pat Fenlon was right BTW. We need players wearing the green that have the same level of commitment as the fans. Clearly there is a long running inbred mentality of "Let's turn up for 90 minutes and spend the rest of time partying." A*******s!

I totally support this thread :aok: and the emotion and anger and disappointment behind it. I am also a supporter of Bamber Bridge, a team in the 7th level of English football and their playing ability and enthusiasm is just as good as ANYTHING I have seen from Hibs players in the last few years. I am not singling any players out in particular, I mean on average what I see being done by the players at Bamber Bridge is somewhere close to that exhibited by Hibs who are supposed to be in the top level of Scottish football. That either says something very bad about Scottish football or something very bad about the general attitude amongst Hibernian players.

We don't just need a new team at ER, we need a WHOLE NEW ETHOS AND ATTITUDE. We need loyalty, professional attitude and commitment to the Hibs badge and to the tradition begun in 1875.

We need to change on so many levels and the change needs to start NOW!

Here's an idea.

Lungo--Drom
21-05-2012, 02:11 PM
P.S. I think, when it has run its course, this thread should be printed out and posted to Rod Petrie and everyone else in the administration at ER :cb Can't think of any other way of trying to wake up the sleeping captain at the rudder :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2012, 02:24 PM
I think we all know that answer to that one.

If the club thinks there is even the remotest possibility of the ER spin machine massaging away what the fans are feeling then I believe they have a massive shock coming to them. Saturday was the end product of three years or more of shambolic amateurishness and boy has it blown away any delusions we may have had about what has been going on.

Clearly, for example, Doherty's version of crushed is different from ours when he can say that "to be honest I don't give a ****"

To those in charge at ER: get real or get out.

I know ODS, nobody or a least very few at our Club, are really bothered by our current plight/predicament....The said Director told me he was hurting just as much as the fans, BOLLOX, no one at Hibs hurts as much as we do, NO-ONE

dp00
21-05-2012, 02:28 PM

I also know someone who was at this who told me the opposite except for 1 player

They told me the majority of the players were proper depressed and apologetic . Even mentioned Fenlon and sproule being In tears...

They did however also mention our good old oconnor was acting like he never gave a flying **** and was going around saying what is done is done while downing drinks :/

TheEastTerrace
21-05-2012, 07:13 PM
This reminds me of Alex Ferguson at Man Utd in the 80s - big characters in the dressing room getting blottoed during the week and in some cases before games. He had to take the necessary action and get rid. Quite frankly, Fenlon should do the same

One Day Soon
21-05-2012, 07:18 PM
This reminds me of Alex Ferguson at Man Utd in the 80s - big characters in the dressing room getting blottoed during the week and in some cases before games. He had to take the necessary action and get rid. Quite frankly, Fenlon should do the same

Well if he doesn't we can name and shame them for him week in and week out. Like I said earlier, when they are on the park they can face 10,000 Hibs fans on match day who know exactly what they have been up to.

And as the time comes for the next move they can face the fact that their reputation and activities are plastered all over the fan message boards - don't imagine clubs don't look at that stuff too when they are considering what kind of reputation and activities a player they are thinking of signing brings with them.

Hibrandenburg
21-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Can we wear a uniform and drive up and down the toon in jeeps? Maybe we can set up observation posts outside individual players houses and check their shopping for carry outs as well. We could equip ourselves out with breathaliser kits and demand on the spot testing for suspect players who've strayed further than 20yds from the gym. How about food watch? Any player caught nibbling anything more than a salad should have their teeth wired together.

C'mon guys, whilst I deplore the drink culture at our club and understand the hurt being felt just now, I feel turning our fan base into a big brother vigilante group is a bit OTT. Worst of all it would be an open invite to all sorts of Yam fuddery.

Let's keep a grip eh!

fatbloke
21-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Here's an idea.

Where is the evidence players were out on the razzle?

silverhibee
21-05-2012, 11:02 PM

Cover up.

silverhibee
21-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Where is the evidence players were out on the razzle?

Are you serious with that question, pictures have already been posted about players being up in George Street on Saturday night.

truehibernian
22-05-2012, 06:50 AM
Just watched a clip posted on the Bounce of a young Irish lad, over for the game, interviewing both sets of players after the game. The observations - 1) what a terrific young lad, refreshing to see such a lad being enthusiastic and excited, and better interview technique than most of the Beeb......get him over next season for a few games (seriously) 2) how utterly dejected Doyle looked immediately after, almost tearful......contrast that to an utterly disinterested Matt 'no chance' Doherty, and a laughing and joking Murray and GOC and 3) how diplomatic and gracious the Hearts players were, including Skacel.....showed a bit of class.

Pat only needs to look at the contrast of Doyle and Doherty in my book.....more of the character of Doyle please.......and Doherty and Garry can GTF !!!

The Falcon
22-05-2012, 07:18 AM

Sounds good in theory but it is unworkable and will make us even less attractive (than we already are) to prospective signings.

flash
22-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Sounds good in theory but it is unworkable and will make us even less attractive (than we already are) to prospective signings.

If an alcohol ban puts players off signing then good. We have suffered these lazy, unprofessional shysters for far too long and it needs to stop right now. If this was italy the team would still be barricaded in the dressing room at Hampden as we speak surrounded by angry fans.

There is a culture of acceptance of things which should be unacceptable at Hibernian starting from the very top and until that changes we are stuck in an infinite loop of under achievement and misery.

I like Fenlon and think he has the knackers to hound these cheats and thieves out of the place but he needs the full backing of the board or his efforts will be in vain. It's time for Hibs to stop signing duds from down South who couldn't care less about us and focus on a mixture of hungry young Scots from the lower divisions, youth team and the occasional bigger signing who has been thoroughly vetted before we sign him.

There is a simple choice now- either we strip the club bare and let the manager do whatever he sees fit to change things or we sit on our hands and live a particularly miserable Groundhog Day of disappointment and heartbreak.

I look forward to a summer of complete overhaul with no stone left unturned in a quest to put a team on the park which looks like it cares half as much as those magnificent fans.

TheEastTerrace
22-05-2012, 07:49 AM

How else do you propose we rid the club of the pisshead culture?

truehibernian
22-05-2012, 08:03 AM
To be honest you'll never stop the drinking culture at Scottish football clubs. God, look at the furore the International team caused. Ferguson and McGregor were the two scapegoats, as half the squad were drinking.

Do your due diligence on players during recruitment, that will stop it. Ask the football fraternity, it's an insular world.

Players are of course allowed to unwind, enjoy themselves and have normal social lives. Sadly though our players seem to think they've made it once they hit George Street.

Do your homework when you sign players Hibs, it's that simple. In my day of youth football, you'd hear of managers attending at the home of the player, meeting the parents, getting to know their background. Ferguson still does it. I wonder if it still goes on - doubt it.

I bet when Pat walked into East Mains on appointment he simply couldn't believe his eyes and ears.

Christ if the players put in half as much enthusiasm into football as they do on Facebook or Twitter we'd be contesting the league. All talk, no action most of them.

1875er
22-05-2012, 08:04 AM
If an alcohol ban puts players off signing then good. We have suffered these lazy, unprofessional shysters for far too long and it needs to stop right now. If this was italy the team would still be barricaded in the dressing room at Hampden as we speak surrounded by angry fans.

There is a culture of acceptance of things which should be unacceptable at Hibernian starting from the very top and until that changes we are stuck in an infinite loop of under achievement and misery.

I like Fenlon and think he has the knackers to hound these cheats and thieves out of the place but he needs the full backing of the board or his efforts will be in vain. It's time for Hibs to stop signing duds from down South who couldn't care less about us and focus on a mixture of hungry young Scots from the lower divisions, youth team and the occasional bigger signing who has been thoroughly vetted before we sign him.

There is a simple choice now- either we strip the club bare and let the manager do whatever he sees fit to change things or we sit on our hands and live a particularly miserable Groundhog Day of disappointment and heartbreak.

I look forward to a summer of complete overhaul with no stone left unturned in a quest to put a team on the park which looks like it cares half as much as those magnificent fans.

Great post Flash. 100% correct.:agree::agree::agree:

col02
22-05-2012, 08:12 AM
It's not just a case of getting rid of the drink culture at Hibs though is it? There is an inherent lethargy that appears to have set in and is now deep rooted imho. It is easy to hark back to the Collins era and how he tried to make us more professional but five years down the line where the players were backed nothing has changed! Our team does not look fit, certain players seem to be injured all the time and there appears too often to be a lack of interest/effort on the park.

There are some genuine guys in our team who do not deserve to be targeted along with the ones who don't care though so I am careful not to label them all duds or wasters. Pat Fenlon has to see thru the job and give the fans a team we can trust! They do not have to be the best players in the World just so long as they have enough talent to compete strongly and are honest enough to give their full effort every minute they play for Hibs.

ac1
22-05-2012, 08:32 AM
This video is telling - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRu0JyC-yEQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Griffiths is away back to Wolves, O'Connor laughing and joking after a 5-1 humping and not having a witch hunt against Doherty but he disgusts me when asks if he would be at Easter Road next season and has to stop himself laughing and says 'no chance' - when did he turn into Messi?? At least Doyle looks genuinely gutted........

Steve-O
22-05-2012, 08:38 AM
To be honest you'll never stop the drinking culture at Scottish football clubs. God, look at the furore the International team caused. Ferguson and McGregor were the two scapegoats, as half the squad were drinking.

Do your due diligence on players during recruitment, that will stop it. Ask the football fraternity, it's an insular world.

Players are of course allowed to unwind, enjoy themselves and have normal social lives. Sadly though our players seem to think they've made it once they hit George Street.

Do your homework when you sign players Hibs, it's that simple. In my day of youth football, you'd hear of managers attending at the home of the player, meeting the parents, getting to know their background. Ferguson still does it. I wonder if it still goes on - doubt it.

I bet when Pat walked into East Mains on appointment he simply couldn't believe his eyes and ears.

Christ if the players put in half as much enthusiasm into football as they do on Facebook or Twitter we'd be contesting the league. All talk, no action most of them.

Should these players not be sacrificing their social lives somewhat? In Scotland a 'social life' effectively means going out bevvying. Premier League footballers earning four figure sums should not be doing that IMO.

truehibernian
22-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Should these players not be sacrificing their social lives somewhat? In Scotland a 'social life' effectively means going out bevvying. Premier League footballers earning four figure sums should not be doing that IMO.

Agree 100%, that was my point. By all means go to Le Monde for example, once in a while, couple of beers in company. Can't deny any player the chance to unwind.

However go to Amicus Apple, Tiger Lily, Lulu on a Saturday, I guarantee you'll see the same players, having had drank themselves into a wee state. I remember seeing two of our goalkeepers, one still with us, laughing, joking, drinking shots, after a sore defeat. Hearts players were there too mind. However our keeper was 'out injured', and all I could think was 'I can't wait until you leave Hibs'. No professional pride you see......that's my problem with it.

I hate losing, and would always hide for a while after losing a game......and that was at bloody juvenile level too !! Football has evolved into a high intensity, professional sport across the globe. Shame our players can't see how lucky they are.

They'll all have the word 'regret' now on their CV. Some may not care now, but mark my words, when Hibernian do win the cup, and we will, that squad will watch the pictures of joy and say ' that could've been me'. What a tragic thing to look back on eh.

Phil MaGlass
22-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Do what Ultras do in Italy. Turn up at training for a quiet word.

This is exactly what happens at clubs in Holland, PSV, Feyenoord, Ajax and The Hague, fans dont take not giving 100% they protest at training and they even wait at the stadium for the players bus returning from away games and give them hell, EXACTLY WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING, GERINTAETHUM.

bawheid
22-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Matt Doherty's attitude needs to be held up and pointed at as everything that is currently wrong with the club. He was on loan, he didn't "give a **** tbh". There were several players on loan. There are several players who don't give a ****.

Posters on this thread can see what's wrong. The drinking / party culture at Easter Road which has prevailed despite three or four changes of squad, can only be down those in charge at the club. It's been raised at at least two AGMs, and what has been done about it? Nothing. Culpability therefore falls with the Board.

If players don't want to come to a club which has a strict alcohol policy during the season, then we shouldn't want those players. We're a big club in Scotland who pays decent wages in comparison to other clubs. We should be able to attract professionals rather than drunks.

This is a massive close season for the club. Absolutely massive. They need to use what happened on 19th May as a starting point to rebuild a club that has been in terminal decline since 2007. The situation that led to one of the worst days in the club's history must never be allowed to happen again.

pacorosssco
22-05-2012, 09:30 AM
This is exactly what happens at clubs in Holland, PSV, Feyenoord, Ajax and The Hague, fans dont take not giving 100% they protest at training and they even wait at the stadium for the players bus returning from away games and give them hell, EXACTLY WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING, GERINTAETHUM.

tbh after seeing that . doherty deserves hibs fans turning up at wolves. clown. im raging. gutless

Just_Jimmy
22-05-2012, 09:40 AM
This video is telling - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRu0JyC-yEQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Griffiths is away back to Wolves, O'Connor laughing and joking after a 5-1 humping and not having a witch hunt against Doherty but he disgusts me when asks if he would be at Easter Road next season and has to stop himself laughing and says 'no chance' - when did he turn into Messi?? At least Doyle looks genuinely gutted........

Dear god, that is awful.

Compare that to beattie. "what's the point of picking up the paper to see yourself everyday, we do our talking on the pitch".

Sparky - Hibs fan - "Naw, I want to go back and try my hand at wolves".

Doyle looked gutted, genuinely gutted. (worth noting that maybe we shouldn't be tarring all the players with the same brush)

Doherty quite frankly can go **** himself. If that boy makes a living from football at any level there is no justice. A complete prick of a boy.

O'Connor is the same, jail time or not, I hope he never plays for Hibs again. A waster.

As for Rudi; Oh for a player like that. That can turn a game in a minute. To think we mocked them for bringing him back, cos that was a flop again. :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
22-05-2012, 09:55 AM

That sums up the difference between both teams on Saturday perfectly.

The Hearts players all came across professionally and pretty gracious in.victory, easy to do when you've had a win like that I suppose.

Doyle and Griffiths look.genuinely gutted but then you have Matt Doherty s******ing when asked if he'd be back next year, someone slapping him on the face when he's being interviewed and Garry O'Connor and, club captain, Ian Murray strolling down the stairs grinning like a pair of chesire cats.

TheEastTerrace
22-05-2012, 10:04 AM

The Hearts players all came across professionally and pretty gracious in.victory, easy to do when you've had a win like that I suppose.

Doyle and Griffiths look.genuinely gutted but then you have Matt Doherty s******ing when asked if he'd be back next year, someone slapping him on the face when he's being interviewed and Garry O'Connor and, club captain, Ian Murray strolling down the stairs grinning like a pair of chesire cats.

You have to wonder what the club is doing to advise these jokers on representing the club in public, including the media. No doubt the Hearts players knew that regardless of who is pointing a camera at them, it's important to be professional and present the right image for the club.

Hibs' players, Doyle excepted, are entirely representative of the club's image and people's perceptions.

Here's one for the club's PR people to mull over - over the course of Saturday, Sunday and Monday, the following adjectives were attributed to Hibs from neutral persons on Twitter (journos mainly, but others too) - 'spineless', 'mercenaries', '*****e' (Graham Spiers no less), 'hopeless', 'unprofessional', 'disaster', 'uncommitted', 'lacklustre', etc, etc. That's the image of our football club. Over to you HFC.

dp00
22-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Doyle looked genuinly gutted and i think can be a big player for us next season

on a plus point the wee lad who does those interviews is top class. asks the right questions and does not seam fazed by any of it.

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 10:11 AM

I'm absolutely furious and disgusted.

truehibernian
22-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Doyle looked genuinly gutted and i think can be a big player for us next season

on a plus point the wee lad who does those interviews is top class. asks the right questions and does not seam fazed by any of it.

Said that on another thread - get that lad across a few times next season to do pre-match, post match interviews. Top lad.

As for Garry, Nid and Matt. Hope someone mails the club that link. And puts it on the official Facebook/Twitter page. Disgraceful.

ac1
22-05-2012, 10:14 AM

Looks like O'Connor pulling his nose - after getting humped 5-1 in a cup final against Hearts?!

Hard to know what is going on at Easter Road these days - professionals?!

Baldy Foghorn
22-05-2012, 03:05 PM

Agree with above from PB.....LG saying he wants to go back to Wolves fair enough, but the sight of GOC smiling and joking is disgusting on so many levels. I really really hope he is punted (yes I know he scored important goals), but since January he has been a disgrace, both on and off the park, not fit to wear that famous green jersey.....

Kaiser1962
22-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Looks like O'Connor pulling his nose - after getting humped 5-1 in a cup final against Hearts?!

Hard to know what is going on at Easter Road these days - professionals?!

Might just explain why the three of them are gone.

Baldy Foghorn
22-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Said that on another thread - get that lad across a few times next season to do pre-match, post match interviews. Top lad.

As for Garry, Nid and Matt. Hope someone mails the club that link. And puts it on the official Facebook/Twitter page. Disgraceful.

I emailed the club regarding players laughing and joking, out bevvying up town, whilst supporter's were in tears and distraught.....Said they let everyone connected with the Club down. Fife replied that everyone was crushed and advised me not to listen to speculation.....I have now forwarded him the video, GOC is in no way crushed....Also the "speculation" about players being up town is not speculation, they were seen openly bevvying and enjoying themselves.....Sums up our Club at present.....

HibsMax
22-05-2012, 10:57 PM
I emailed the club regarding players laughing and joking, out bevvying up town, whilst supporter's were in tears and distraught.....Said they let everyone connected with the Club down. Fife replied that everyone was crushed and advised me not to listen to speculation.....I have now forwarded him the video, GOC is in no way crushed....Also the "speculation" about players being up town is not speculation, they were seen openly bevvying and enjoying themselves.....Sums up our Club at present.....

It would seem that everyone that is not associated with Hibs' future just doesn't give a flying one.

andrew_dundee
23-05-2012, 12:17 AM
totally agreed with the sentiments of this thread. i dont live in Scotland anymore, but if i see any of the players cavorting around London city centre the night before a match then i'll ask questions!

the video is really good, the kid comes over really well and far better than some of these pathetic players.

surely wolves must be a stricter club than Hibs, so surely Docherty is being particularly stupid. Also, if he's too crap for the bottom half of the SPL then persumably he's far too crap for the Championship. Griffiths is half decent for Hibs but I cant see him succeeding in a better league.

Personally I can't think of many players from Saturday's team who I would want to keep. The sooner wastes of space like Docherty are emptied the better. As for GoC, if he wasn't such a ****ing idiot then he would have a far better career behind him, he's got nothing to be smug about, he's far too crap for even the SPL and is destined to end up like a bloated footballing version of Mickey Rourke's character in Wrestler.

All of this information should be sent to the Tache with regular updates until something is done. All of these imposters should be emptied, McPake should somehow be convinced to stay and hungry young players should be given a chance over these deluded morons.