PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Scouting System

Zemamma10
20-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Clearly a massive massive task for next season to recruit new players just to even keep us in the division because nobody will be as bad as Dunfermline this year.

The question is who exactly are our scouts? Do we actually have any because we rely on Bosmans these days?

Signings this season:

Sproule - Played previously for club (lost a few yards of pace and we're happy to take him because we can't find anyone else).
O'Connor - Previously played for club (goals have ended up keeping us up but has lost all his pace and mobility).
Osbourne - Calderwood knew him from time in England (thought on paper he seemed to have a decent grounding).
O'Hanlon - Calderwood knew him from time in England (a player he'd been chasing for years:rolleyes:)
Towell - Impressed v Hibs in a Reserve game
Claros - Tip off from a Rangers insider (cheers for that)
Kujabi - Rejected by a number of championship clubs and arrived on trial (you can see why)
Doyle - Played previously for Fenlon
Doherty - Played previously for Fenlon
Soares - (Did he even get a game for Stoke reserves to be scouted! Huge dissapointment because he clearly must have had ability at one point to sign for Stoke)
Griffiths - Known for his goals with Dundee in Scotland wouldn't say he was scouted.

McPake & Francombe - Probably the only ones on the list who have been watched I would reckon?

You then look at some of the guys the likes of Dundee United & Motherwell have picked up from the English Leagues and wonder where we're going wrong. Really do hope Fenlon has plenty of contacts for summer recruitment. January was just a case of getting numbers in at short notice and hoping for the best. The summer will be a whole new ball game........

fatbloke
20-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Know of one - an ex junior footballer. Wouldn't know a good footballer if he looked 24 hours a day for the next 10 years.

leithman
21-05-2012, 12:41 AM
We're borrowing players from Wolves and Coventry.

Is it not about time we went begging to clubs in the top half of the premiership.

We could probably have had berbatov for half a season.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 12:46 AM

Is it not about time we went begging to clubs in the top half of the premiership.

We could have probably have had Torres too until he scored against Barcalona. :boo hoo:

JohnStephens91
21-05-2012, 12:50 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the scouting does not receive much funding. It has given me a good idea to bring to the table at the Evening News sports desk when I am there tomorrow and for the week.

FitbaFolkKen
21-05-2012, 03:51 AM

Berbatov.....I hope this is in jest!:thumbsup:

cad
21-05-2012, 04:27 AM
I scouted football rumours could this be our first new face

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Berrett

1875 NO 1
21-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Clearly a massive massive task for next season to recruit new players just to even keep us in the division because nobody will be as bad as Dunfermline this year.

The question is who exactly are our scouts? Do we actually have any because we rely on Bosmans these days?

Signings this season:

Sproule - Played previously for club (lost a few yards of pace and we're happy to take him because we can't find anyone else).
O'Connor - Previously played for club (goals have ended up keeping us up but has lost all his pace and mobility).
Osbourne - Calderwood knew him from time in England (thought on paper he seemed to have a decent grounding).
O'Hanlon - Calderwood knew him from time in England (a player he'd been chasing for years:rolleyes:)
Towell - Impressed v Hibs in a Reserve game
Claros - Tip off from a Rangers insider (cheers for that)
Kujabi - Rejected by a number of championship clubs and arrived on trial (you can see why)
Doyle - Played previously for Fenlon
Doherty - Played previously for Fenlon
Soares - (Did he even get a game for Stoke reserves to be scouted! Huge dissapointment because he clearly must have had ability at one point to sign for Stoke)
Griffiths - Known for his goals with Dundee in Scotland wouldn't say he was scouted.

McPake & Francombe - Probably the only ones on the list who have been watched I would reckon?

You then look at some of the guys the likes of Dundee United & Motherwell have picked up from the English Leagues and wonder where we're going wrong. Really do hope Fenlon has plenty of contacts for summer recruitment. January was just a case of getting numbers in at short notice and hoping for the best. The summer will be a whole new ball game........

We always sign rubbish players. Who consistently says these players are good enough?

bingo70
21-05-2012, 06:49 AM
To me it looks like we don't have a scouting system and we just rely on managers signing players he already knows and players that nobody else wants soare going on trial to every club that'll have them.

No wonder we're *****.