PDA

View Full Version : Name That Final - the "Craig Thomson Final" (MERGED)

muzzhfc
19-05-2012, 03:16 PM
ok, i am NOT making excuses however i am questioning a couple of decisions
1) why wasnt black booked for his rank challenge on griffith
2) then why was kujabi's first challenge a booking
3) the original foul was commited outside the box then suso tripped over his own feet, why the hell was it a penalty

over all though, not good enough by the team. silly individual errors are costing us. and have done all ******g season.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Piss poor.......edinburghs worst team .......FACT

John_the_angus_hibby
19-05-2012, 03:21 PM
All irrelevant. We are ****ing woeful.

Sent from another universe!

muzzhfc
19-05-2012, 03:27 PM
im not making excuses at all, we have been piss poor all season. just dont understand the refs decision making

James70
19-05-2012, 03:36 PM
This is the same cheating ref who books Lee Griffiths for diving but can't wait to give the diving Spanish waiter a penalty. How many people on here predicted this.

Scottish football is corrupt to the core.

By the way Hibs are woeful.

muzzhfc
19-05-2012, 03:43 PM
This is the same cheating ref who books Lee Griffiths for diving but can't wait to give the diving Spanish waiter a penalty. How many people on here predicted this.

woeful?? awful/embarrasing/shocking/terrible. know what? im still proud to be a hibee. im proud of our history, our culture. i am not proud of this team

degenerated
19-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Another game another display that proves Thomson is clearly a cheat. That said we were rank rotten today.

matty_f
19-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Thomson's a cheating ****.

Del Boy
19-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Was not a penalty BUT we were well beat in any case. Just glad I couldn't get a ticket.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2012, 04:20 PM
He's a cheating **** no doubt.

However the people most culpable for that defeat today are sitting in the dressing room and the managers office.

Winston Ingram
19-05-2012, 04:27 PM
The penalty was never a pen and never an s/o
Killed any chance we had

derekHFC
19-05-2012, 04:28 PM
It was a foul, albeit the initial foul outside the box, but it is a second booking therefore a red card.

ozzie
19-05-2012, 04:32 PM
skacel's goal celebration didnt merit a yellow ? no!

HibsNZ
19-05-2012, 04:33 PM
He had the best view on the pitch and came up with that decision, cheat? I think so.
Black should of been booked early doors. We we're ***** but thompsom was dire

ozzie
19-05-2012, 04:39 PM
we were dire but at 2.1 we were still in there, the only way to really kill us of penalty and down to 10. thompson wont get to referee a game in euro disney on that performance never mind the euro's

Lungo--Drom
19-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Okay first things first, Hibs were total pish, hard though it is to type that, we were pish.

As for Craig Thomson, impartial? Impartial my Hibby ass. You refereeing was biased from the very outset, almost as if you had to make sure the Jambos would win. Either you're a closet Yam fud or in five years time it'll come out that it was a match fix.

We were still pish though.

Hey ho, looking forward to the first match of next season....

Stevie Reid
19-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Sky Sports original report on the game was entitled 'Black day for Hibs' and the report began by saying 'Craig Thomson was at the centre of the controversy at the Scottish Cup Final today by opting not to show a red card to Ian Black for leading with the elbow in a challenge on Hibs' Leigh Griffiths, and only have a word with the midfielder' - it then went on to say that he compounded this further by awarding a penalty for a 'theatrical dive' by Suso after a challenge that had occurred outside the box.

The have subsequently changed the whole tone of the report - I just did a google search for the report title and it comes up with a link, but it now just takes you to the new report. Strange

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-05-2012, 04:49 PM
We are maybe missing a bigger point about the penalty, if you at what was allowed to happen in the build up.

mentalhibee
19-05-2012, 04:52 PM

Predicted this, what chance have you got in small minded secret handshake Scotland. The SFA are a joke.

ScottB
19-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Before the game I expected within the first ten minutes that Black would go through somebody with no booking and one of our defence would get a yellow for nothing. And low and behold!

Yes, we were murder, however our players knew that the slightest challenge would get them booked, while Hearts could go in with 2 feet or an elbow and get nothing. Sets the tone for the match.

Will anyone investigate Thomsons horrendous performance? Course not.

davhibby
19-05-2012, 04:57 PM
We were ***** today but at 2-1 we were still in with a chance. How he is Scotland's "top referee" I don't know.

Stevie Reid
19-05-2012, 04:57 PM
We are maybe missing a bigger point about the penalty, if you at what was allowed to happen in the build up.

I agree that the defending was awful and that Suso should never been allowed to go so far, but we have still been undone by a poor decision on the penalty, which has led to us being hammered 5-1.

We were lucky to still be in the game when we pulled one back and were poor the whole game, but the referee has been the main factor in the game being finished just minutes into the second half.

I didn't comment on his appointment as match referee as we just had to deal with it - however, he has played a huge part in the outcome of the game. Even if he had only booked Black for the elbow, he could then have gone off for his off the ball challenge on Griffiths later in the half - as it was, Black had two bad fouls and wasnt even booked, Kujabi had two fouls and was ordered off.

tomhorn
19-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Could moan aboot the penalty but at end of day, we were gash and have been terrible all season and shouldnae have been anywhere near that final. Disaster waiting to happen. Mass clearout needed. well beaten, nae excuses today.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 05:09 PM
He was on a yellow card, but pulled on the shirt anyway?

WHY?!

Wotherspiniesta
19-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Thomson was loving it. Almost celebrated with them when Barr scored.

Linesmen done a great job n' all. It's cool Driver, don't give up yet, the balls not out!

Cheats.

Not coinciding with how ***** we were. There's plenty other thread to get stuck into that topic. But Thomson? I hope his next turd is a cactus.

murray26
19-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Thomson was loving it. Almost celebrated with them when Barr scored.Linesmen done a great job n' all. It's cool Driver, don't give up yet, the balls not out!Cheats. Not coinciding with how ***** we were. There's plenty other thread to get stuck into that topic. But Thomson? I hope his next turd is a cactus.Two Craig Thompsons, ones a paedo and the others a cheat, we should have had a foreign ref today, I would have had more respect for Thompson if he jogged out today with his union jack and hearts scarf on.

Golden Bear
19-05-2012, 05:45 PM
3) the original foul was commited outside the box then suso tripped over his own feet, why the hell was it a penalty

over all though, not good enough by the team. silly individual errors are costing us. and have done all ******g season.

:agree:

I agree 100% with this post. Thomson's sparkling performance for them was predicted on this messageboard and he lived up to his billing.

Having said our players performed like a colony of petrified rabbits caught up in a headlight and they got exactly what they deserved.

ekhibee
19-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Before the game I expected within the first ten minutes that Black would go through somebody with no booking and one of our defence would get a yellow for nothing. And low and behold!

Yes, we were murder, however our players knew that the slightest challenge would get them booked, while Hearts could go in with 2 feet or an elbow and get nothing. Sets the tone for the match.

Absolutely and totally agree with every word you say here. I was talking to some of my mates at work and told them about Thomson, they mostly support different teams in the SPL and agreed with me,and ironically I had also suggested that Black will get away with murder, and surprise surprise, what happens? We were rank today but his refereeing definitely helped to set the tone.

BEEJ
19-05-2012, 06:04 PM

Absolutely and totally agree with every word you say here. I was talking to some of my mates at work and told them about Thomson, they mostly support different teams in the SPL and agreed with me,and ironically I had also suggested that Black will get away with murder, and surprise surprise, what happens? We were rank today but his refereeing definitely helped to set the tone.
:agree: Couldn't agree more. He made the difference today between a 3-1 defeat and a 5-1 hammering.

For a Grade 1 referee it's strange how he seems to save his best moments of incompetence to favour our opponents.

But that's just me being paranoid, of course.

IWasThere2016
19-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Thomson is murder! A fecken cheat.

justlikebrazil
19-05-2012, 06:30 PM
thomson should never get near a hampden final again!! ok hibs were pish today but he killed any chance we had.

SouthMoroccoStu
19-05-2012, 06:35 PM

I agree 100% with this post. Thomson's sparkling performance for them was predicted on this messageboard and he lived up to his billing.

Having said our players performed like a colony of petrified rabbits caught up in a headlight and they got exactly what they deserved.

But your second point is the real issue

The players were frightened to put in a challenge BECAUSE Thompson was itching to give them anything he could

We were poor but he ruined what could have be a thrilling second half

Crab apple
19-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Having thrown away my match day programme in disgust can someone who still has one post the bit in the Thomson interview where he states he has experience of handling two derbies this season as well as a personal appreciation of the Edinburgh derbies. I may have got the words slightly wrong but what the **** does that mean? I think he's a cheat. He's also incompetent but given his apparent pro-jambo past then why was he given this gig?

DarrenSQH
19-05-2012, 06:46 PM
This was all predicted in a thread weeks ago. Obvious that appointing Thomson would cost us.

greenginger
19-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Thomson was meant to referee the last Old Firm game but called off for " family reasons ". If he had reffed the weegies he would not have got today's game as well.

Does anyone know if this " family reason " was genuine or was he just really desperate to screw us again ?

Golden Bear
19-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Thomson was meant to referee the last Old Firm game but called off for " family reasons ". If he had reffed the weegies he would not have got today's game as well.

Does anyone know if this " family reason " was genuine or was he just really desperate to screw us again ?

I think he suffered a family bereavement.

3pm
19-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Just gie it up about Thomson. We ****in blew it ourselves.

woody47
19-05-2012, 06:57 PM

When this to££er said 'family' reasons it would his 'yam' family he was talking about. I have said this for years - the man hates Hibs and has cheated us once too often after today's disgraceful display. It is surely the time now that we should put an official complaint into the suits at the SFA into his performances against us. I ******g hate this man with every bone in my body. His attitude today when we claimed for something was to shrugg his shoulders as if to say, tough sh it. Hope this excuse of a man rots in hell.

SouthMoroccoStu
19-05-2012, 07:10 PM

NO

So, sir, what was you opinion of the Black elbow, the penalty and the Hibs penalty shout. And how he was in absolutely no hurry to issue an 'injured' hearts player (number 17 - I think) off the pitch when Hibs were due to take a corner.

We were poor, but that man is a cheat.

But I would like to send him a post card from my holidays, does anyone have his address?

BurghHibby
19-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Hope the cheating **** chokes on his man of the match bottle of champagne!

VickMackie
19-05-2012, 08:15 PM
****. 3-1 killed it just after we scored at the perfect time. James Blunt.

BEEJ
19-05-2012, 08:24 PM
If you can bear it you should try to watch a re-run of the first 50 minutes of today's game. Watch the performance of the officials and tell me that they have been even-handed in their approach to the match.

We would probably have lost anyway. But Black given a yellow card after 14 mins for his assault on Griffiths might have altered his full-on approach to the rest of the game.

And the penalty award is not only highly dubious but killed the game stone dead as any sort of contest while there was still just one goal in it.

justlikebrazil
19-05-2012, 08:29 PM
His wikipedia says he was a Hearts season ticket holder before he took up refereeing. As bad as we were he did cost us any chance to get into the game.

matty_f
19-05-2012, 08:35 PM
If you can bear it you should try to watch a re-run of the first 50 minutes of today's game. Watch the performance of the officials and tell me that they have been even-handed in their approach to the match.

We would probably have lost anyway. But Black given a yellow card after 14 mins for his assault on Griffiths might have altered his full-on approach to the rest of the game.

And the penalty award is not only highly dubious but killed the game stone dead as any sort of contest while there was still just one goal in it.

:agree: We knew it was coming. Thomson's a cheating ****.

Hibs Class
19-05-2012, 08:39 PM
:agree: We knew it was coming. Thomson's a cheating ****.

This. It isn't a case of either/or. We were poor today but the players had clawed their way back at the end of the first half and earned the right to have a go in the second. That chance was taken away by the cheating waiter and the cheating ref.

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 08:40 PM
1. We were crap

2. Thomson is a disgrace and Hibs should refuse to have him referee any of our future games.

3. If a penalty and sending off in a cup final at the start of the second half when the score is 2-1 doesn't affect the course of the game I don't know what does.

4. Given what we now know about things Rangers have been up to and the subsequent willingness of our football authorities to bend the rules on their behalf, I am prepared to believe almost anything about the corrupt nature of our game.

Stevie Reid
19-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Sky Sports original report on the game was entitled 'Black day for Hibs' and the report began by saying 'Craig Thomson was at the centre of the controversy at the Scottish Cup Final today by opting not to show a red card to Ian Black for leading with the elbow in a challenge on Hibs' Leigh Griffiths, and only have a word with the midfielder' - it then went on to say that he compounded this further by awarding a penalty for a 'theatrical dive' by Suso after a challenge that had occurred outside the box.

The have subsequently changed the whole tone of the report - I just did a google search for the report title and it comes up with a link, but it now just takes you to the new report. Strange

You can still see an excerpt from the original story under the link: -

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?rlz=1C1CHNU_enGB352GB361&sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=h9&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1CHNU_enGB352GB361&sclient=psy-ab&q=black%20day%20for%20hibs&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=f9cdab9b2f3592a9&ix=h9&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=655

Thomson opted to have a chat with Ian Black instead of producing a red card after the Hearts midfielder led with an elbow into the face of Leigh Griffiths as they ...

Stevie Reid
19-05-2012, 08:48 PM

It can be both (and was). I said to work colleagues yesterday that I just wanted Hibs to turn up and the referee to get all the big decisions right - as it was, we were awful and Thomson got all the major decisions completely wrong in Hearts' favour.

A Black red card after 14 minutes at 0-0 would have seen a very different score line today.

WarringtonHibee
19-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Black should of been sent off. Filthy ***t.
Skacel should of been booked.
Suso is a diving *******.

Thomson, do us a favour and wrap your car around a tree you filthy Hearts *******.

19-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Never a penalty and even though he is the best ref in Scotland (best of a very very poor bunch!), because of his hearts connection he should have been allowed absolulty nowhere near this final! Absolutly disgraceful decision! I even said to my mate yesterday that Hearts were guarenteed to get a penalty today! He's a cheating ******* who has shafted us sooo many times in the past!

However, he is not the reason we lost today, we need to look a lot closer to home.

matty_f
19-05-2012, 08:56 PM
You can still see an excerpt from the original story under the link: -

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?rlz=1C1CHNU_enGB352GB361&sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=h9&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1CHNU_enGB352GB361&sclient=psy-ab&q=black day for hibs&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=f9cdab9b2f3592a9&ix=h9&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=655

Thomson opted to have a chat with Ian Black instead of producing a red card after the Hearts midfielder led with an elbow into the face of Leigh Griffiths as they ...

I saw that report - it was dominated by Thomson's poor performance - it said the game was won easily in the end by Hearts but was spoiled completely by a shocking performance from Thomson.

Thomson can go and fling sh**e at himself.

Was Kujabi's first booking merited? Seemed he got a yellow for a challenge in which the Yam went in as hard as Pa did. Certainly there were other tackles from the Yams that went unpunished that were worse than Kujabi's first booking IIRC.

Stevie Reid
19-05-2012, 09:04 PM
I saw that report - it was dominated by Thomson's poor performance - it said the game was won easily in the end by Hearts but was spoiled completely by a shocking performance from Thomson.

Was Kujabi's first booking merited? Seemed he got a yellow for a challenge in which the Yam went in as hard as Pa did. Certainly there were other tackles from the Yams that went unpunished that were worse than Kujabi's first booking IIRC.

Certainly seemed harsh, even more so in the wake of the leniency shown to Black - as soon as Black got away with his, every single person in my group knew that he would book a Hibs player first.

Fergus52
19-05-2012, 10:19 PM
I said he would play a large part in the game and that it would probably end in hibs defeat and was called hysterical.

Stevie Reid
19-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Plucked up the courage to watch the match analysis (not the actual extended highlights before) and Ian Black's challenge in slow motion is a blatant, brutal elbow to the face, and a straight red card any day of the week.

How do Sportscene handle this? Pat Nevin is asked and says that in the EPL Black would be sent off no question, and was lucky to stay on - Sandy Clark unsurprisingly tells a blatant lie, saying that Black was challenging for the ball, and that it's "impossible" not to jump without using your elbow as leverage (despite the fact that Black was running to attack a ball coming at him with pace, as opposed to jumping for a high ball from a standing start).

They then discussed Fenlon's gesture at length, covering at least a couple of minutes - whilst Fenlon clearly seems to gesture towards the Hearts fans, and can have no complaints at being sent off, this incident occurred when Hearts were 5-1 up and the game was finished. The Black incident took place 14 minutes into the game with the score at 0-0, and a sending off a key Hearts would clearly have have given us a deserved advantage (though I still wouldn't put it past those *******s to beat us with ten men).

Very poor coverage and analysis.

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Hibs got beat cause we were pish. Stop nalaminf the ref. We were piahend of.

Sammy7nil
19-05-2012, 11:05 PM

Dont drink and post :wink:

PS we may still have lost but not to book black was a shocker and if seen from the best angle he would have been off. Then to give a Pen when he was in the Perfect postion to see it was outside the box is at best Bizairre .

Tyler Durden
19-05-2012, 11:10 PM

No bawbag. Hibs (probably no your team anyway) had a chance at the start of the 2nd half. The ref, who shud already have dismissed that wee rat Black, chose to give a pen that was not. And dismiss a Hibs payer to your delight. You can FRA

Stevie Reid
19-05-2012, 11:14 PM

Having seen the two bookings again, Kujabi deserved to go, undoubtedly - but the penalty award was just plain wrong, despite being awarded by two well positioned officials.

We were lucky to be at 2-1 in the first place because we looked like we were onto a hammering before we got the goal back - and 2-1 against ten men undoubtedly leads to Hearts win, possibly still to such a heavy degree - but ten men and 3-1 down meant the game was dead after 46 minutes, and that was unjust.

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2012, 11:16 PM
He helped them win, and thats cheating in my book. We might have still lost, but he gave them all the decisions, and booked our players when letting theirs off with a talking too for similar and even worse offences. He's a ****in cheat.

HibeeHendo
19-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Kujabi got booked for his foul which from what I saw never merited a yellow card but Black commits 4 fouls in the first half but no booking. Where's the ****ing consistency? Then there's that 'penalty', or I suppose you could say that tiny little p***k conned him into awarding it but everyone in the stadium new that was a free kick, Hibs had the momentum through scoring right before half time and he ruined it by this scandalous decision. Also if I'm not mistaken there were 2 occasions when the ball went out the park off a Hearts man but the ref or linesmen never awarded us a throw and let play continue. ****ing joke! We we're out played today by some margin but amateurish refereeing doesn't help.

Del Boy
19-05-2012, 11:19 PM
What was our penalty shout?

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-05-2012, 11:24 PM
No bawbag. Hibs (probably no your team anyway) had a chance at the start of the 2nd half. The ref, who shud already have dismissed that wee rat Black, chose to give a pen that was not. And dismiss a Hibs payer to your delight. You can FRA

That's right, I'm no a hibby right enough, ****** prat..

Hibs today were *****. I've watched Hibs for many, many years, dickwad, dinnae blame the ref, we were *****, end of.

Stevie Reid
19-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Hibs today were *****. I've watched Hibs for many, many years, dickwad, dinnae blame the ref, we were *****, end of.

But (despite your infuriating use of 'end of' at the end of your post), that's not the end of the story - we somehow got ourselves back into the game at 2-1 despite being extremely poor, but, poor defending or not, we were victim of an extremely poor decision in the biggest game of our lives.

A 2/3-1 defeat today with ten men would have been immensely painful - a 5-1 hammering at the hands of our greatest rivals made today the worst day of my Hibs supporting life, and Craig Thomson played a huge part in that.

Posters other than yourself have also claimed that Craig Thomson's performance today was inconsequential because we played so badly, but the consequences of the penalty decision were very real in that we went 3-1 down, as well as a man down.

The penalty decision being wrong is indisputable (and the Black incident at the very, very, very least a yellow, which changes the rest of his game if booked), as is the fact that we played poorly today - I don't see why you can't accept both.

Hibs played badly and Thomson had a poor game - both combined resulted in an utterly horrendous day.

ehf
19-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Thomson was loving it. Almost celebrated with them when Barr scored.

Linesmen done a great job n' all. It's cool Driver, don't give up yet, the balls not out!

Cheats.

Not coinciding with how ***** we were. There's plenty other thread to get stuck into that topic. But Thomson? I hope his next turd is a cactus.

Yep, he was loving it. And denied us a two clear penalties at 5-1. Sadistic koont.

Holmesdale Hibs
19-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Craig Thomson is a ****ing biased ****

MeldrumHibby
19-05-2012, 11:58 PM
We were dire up to our goal and the Claros substitution. Last 5 minutes of the first half maybe gave us a wee bit of hope - could we match the Yams in the middle of the park? Would we have done better second half with 11 players and the score at 2-1? We'll never know due to a bad refereeing decision (to add to his yellow card inconsistencies from the first half) and a diving Yam. Wasn't sure what had happened at the time but having now seen it on TV I'm fuming. We were maybe deluding ourselves that this Hibs team were going to be the ones to do it when so many better Hibs teams had failed, but I can't help feeling our fate was taken out of our hands with a couple of poor decisions.

ehf
20-05-2012, 12:19 AM
We were dire up to our goal and the Claros substitution. Last 5 minutes of the first half maybe gave us a wee bit of hope - could we match the Yams in the middle of the park? Would we have done better second half with 11 players and the score at 2-1? We'll never know due to a bad refereeing decision (to add to his yellow card inconsistencies from the first half) and a diving Yam. Wasn't sure what had happened at the time but having now seen it on TV I'm fuming. We were maybe deluding ourselves that this Hibs team were going to be the ones to do it when so many better Hibs teams had failed, but I can't help feeling our fate was taken out of our hands with a couple of poor decisions.
Haven't seen the replay but we were just walking back to our seats after queuing for coffees when Susu was allowed to waltz down our left flank, and just knew it would end in a penalty. He could not wait to point to the spot, just as in the Kilmarnock game. He is a solicitor with a firm called Maclay Murray and Spens.

Ryan91
20-05-2012, 01:19 AM
We were beyond poor today, make no doubt about that, but the failure to even book Ian Black set the tone for the game, he gave them carte blanche today. I have seen players walk for far less than the assault on Griffiths and yet the referee fails to produce a card, at that point words simply failed me.

At half time being 2-1 down was not insurmountable but their Penalty at the start of the second changed the game, and as a result of that Kujabi's second yellow (after a very soft first yellow) and his subsequent sending off.

Thomson is either a Jambo or he has something against Hibs. One would hope that the club call this man's integrity into question but no doubt they do nothing.

shamo9
20-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Thomson is either a Jambo or he has something against Hibs. One would hope that the club call this man's integrity into question but no doubt they do nothing.

Well if this photo is any suggestion, Murray and O'Connor sensed a rat as well: http://www.snspix.com/6953523/print/6953523.html

matty_f
20-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Have had a bit of time to reflect ob the game and calm down a bit, and the conclusion I have come to is Craig Thomson is a f****** cheating ****.

HibeeHendo
20-05-2012, 02:35 AM
I'm that depressed and angry that I e-mailed the SFA about his inconsistencies today. We were well beaten today but how this a*se is Scotland's top referee is beyond me. It genuinely feels as though he has a vendetta against us. It's scary that he got chosen for the Euro's.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-05-2012, 02:46 AM
Should all refs not have to state their allegiances so that conflict of interests be avoided?

I dont know whether that twunt is a Jambo or not but if he was/is then can you imagine this happening for an OF cup final (mind u Dallas did get a 50p to the nothin but iirc that was not a cup game...)

green is good
20-05-2012, 08:56 AM
I would suggest Thomson should pay a visit to the company on his sleeve because if he saw a foul on Suso in the box then he seriously needs his eyes tested.

Booked4Being-Ugly
20-05-2012, 09:07 AM
I don't want that **** anywhere near another Hibs match.

He's either biased or a complete ****-up!

After my observations - I'd say he's probably both.

Springbank
20-05-2012, 09:26 AM
deleted

Purple & Green
20-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Having seen the two bookings again, Kujabi deserved to go, undoubtedly -

Even in the context of Ian Black not being booked? I thought Blacks challenge on Leigh was by far the worst foul of the game - blatantly so. I'd love to see the supervisors report on CT's performance

3pm
20-05-2012, 09:52 AM
He's given the foul for the penalty then asked the linesman where the foul took place!! He appeared to be in the pefect position.

Frightening.

SetonClapper
20-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Whilst I'm not suggesting that Kujabi shouldn't have got a second yellow for the shirt pull, if he books him for that, then there is no doubt that foul was outside the box. If he books him for the non trip inside the box, then the second yellow and subsequent red is also wrong. What's really riling me this morning is all the pundits saying Hearts deserved to win anyway, but completely discounting that the two bad decisions may (although I do doubt it) have changed the way the game played out.

The Harp Awakes
20-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Thomson had 4 major decisions to make in the game and got 2 right and 2 wrong:

Kujabi 1st yellow - correct.
Kujabi 2nd yellow (red) - correct.
Hearts pen - wrong, should have been a foul outside the box. Not even close to a pen.
Black elbow - wrong, should have been a straight red rather than a ticking off.

As poor as Hibs were, those 2 wrong decisions and the timing of them had a major influence on the result.

Every time Thomson referees a Hibs game he makes major errors. The yellow card given to LG for diving v Kilmarnock recently was either total incompetence or blatant cheating. The fact that his errors have all gone against Hibs in these games seems too much of a coincidence for me.

Hibs should request that he does not referee any more of our games. His selection for the Cup Final was a total joke.

Having said all that, Hibs deserved to be beaten yesterday as they were mince.

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Black off, or on a yellow for 76 minutes would have made a difference.

Hibs going down to 10 men but still being only 1-2 would have made a difference. That difference might just have been the score line rather than the result but it would have made a difference.

Losing a goal 45 seconds into the second half really killed the momentum we had just started to build at the end of the first half.

Down 2 goals. Down to 10 men. Decisions going against you. Playing crap. It was the perfect storm.

davhibby
20-05-2012, 10:59 AM

Aye Skacel made a more or less identical challenge to Kujabi's and got away with it. We were not great but at 2-1 we could have sneaked a goal from somewhere

matty_f
20-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Aye Skacel made a more or less identical challenge to Kujabi's and got away with it. We were not great but at 2-1 we could have sneaked a goal from somewhere

We finished the first half in the ascendency. If we'd had the chance to frustrate the Yams through the start of the second half then who knows what would have happened. Thomson deprived us of that chance.

And Black getting the red he deserved at the start would definitely have made for a very different game.

I totally accept we were crap,but would the game have been different if Thomson had not cheated? Definitely, IMHO.

Stantons Angel
20-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Like most football supporters i have always thought that Neil Lennon is a bit of and idiot. BUT after watching this man make an absolute backside of the job he is so highly paid for, i now realise lennon's frustrations at him!!!

I am NOT blaming him for the defeat but he must share his part in it. If he had acted on the terrible tackle early on from Black he would have sent out the right signals to that thug! But he didnt and he was left on the park.

Twice from my vantage point i seen his linesmen let the Hearts players run with the ball fully over the line!

As for the penalty, it has clearly been shown that even though his jersey was being pulled he was well out of the box and didnt start falling till he ran into the box. Penalty and a Hibs player sent of 40 secpnds into the second half. This all started from Osbourne once again losing possession of the ball from kick off!

The score was 2-1 at that time and everything to play for. This to me was the changing point in the game leaving us a man down and a penalty given.

Hibs MUST appeal this sending off and the SFA in their wisdom should make this referee apologise to us. He must not be allowed to referee a HIBS game again!

Rant over for the day!!!

Albion Hibs
20-05-2012, 11:09 AM
The penalty was the biggest farce i have ever seen. I would fully expect him to come out and acknowledge that and I would also be expecting the SFA to bin him down a division.

This was a huge mistake on the biggest stage, in one of the biggest games in Scottish Cup history..and he f****d it up. No one else on here would get away with making mistakes of that size and scale at there work without some form of action.

davhibby
20-05-2012, 11:14 AM
We finished the first half in the ascendency. If we'd had the chance to frustrate the Yams through the start of the second half then who knows what would have happened. Thomson deprived us of that chance.

And Black getting the red he deserved at the start would definitely have made for a very different game.

I totally accept we were crap,but would the game have been different if Thomson had not cheated? Definitely, IMHO.
They could have been ready to show some fight but I guess we will never know. If Thomson ever gets a hibs game again we should refuse to play until the appointment is changed. He is disgrace to Scottish football.

TornadoHibby
20-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Like most football supporters i have always thought that Neil Lennon is a bit of and idiot. BUT after watching this man make an absolute backside of the job he is so highly paid for, i now realise lennon's frustrations at him!!!

I am NOT blaming him for the defeat but he must share his part in it. If he had acted on the terrible tackle early on from Black he would have sent out the right signals to that thug! But he didnt and he was left on the park.

Twice from my vantage point i seen his linesmen let the Hearts players run with the ball fully over the line!

As for the penalty, it has clearly been shown that even though his jersey was being pulled he was well out of the box and didnt start falling till he ran into the box. Penalty and a Hibs player sent of 40 secpnds into the second half. This all started from Osbourne once again losing possession of the ball from kick off!

The score was 2-1 at that time and everything to play for. This to me was the changing point in the game leaving us a man down and a penalty given.

Hibs MUST appeal this sending off and the SFA in their wisdom should make this referee apologise to us. He must not be allowed to referee a HIBS game again!

Rant over for the day!!!

This!

:top marks

Baader
20-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Thomsons contribution to a horrific day yesterday should not be overlooked. We had clawed our way back into the game - much to my surprise I'll admit - before he decided to award them a penalty that simply never was. Red card right unfortunately. Game over right at the start of the second half.

I want to see Hibs wield some influence in the SFA to have this clown bombed out the top flight - and in no uncertain terms be told never to set foot inside Easter Rd again.

TornadoHibby
20-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Thomsons contribution to a horrific day yesterday should not be overlooked. We had clawed our way back into the game - much to my surprise I'll admit - before he decided to award them a penalty that simply never was. Red card right unfortunately. Game over right at the start of the second half.

I want to see Hibs wield some influence in the SFA to have this clown bombed out the top flight - and in no uncertain terms be told never to set foot inside Easter Rd again.

Whilst I agree with your view I suspect that nothing will be done about it! :confused:

Well it never is especially when the whole result balance of the game could be called into question! :rolleyes:

Referees only admit mistakes when they did not affect the final result in terms of win or lose, only the final score! :agree:

easty
20-05-2012, 11:38 AM
I've still not watched the Black elbow on the tv, but at the time I couldn't believe he didn't give him a yellow even. But having not seen it I can't say whether it should have been a red or not.

Other than that though, Craig Thomson gave us the performance many of us expected, and Hearts gave us a beating that our play deserved.

Clearly it shouldn't have been a pen, but there's nae doubt it was a foul and a yellow card. After the red card, it wouldn't have made a difference if they got a pen or a free kick cos with 10 men we barely touched the ball. We had nae chance with 10 men.

Lack of discipline, effort and, ultimately, a lack of talent saw us lose yesterday.

And, aye, the ref was *****. But even if Ian Murray had been allowed to ref the match we'd have lost. We were just *****.

snooky
20-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Thomson turned down the OF match "for personal reasons" and was given the final. :hmmm:

BEEJ
20-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Clearly it shouldn't have been a pen, but there's nae doubt it was a foul and a yellow card.
A lot of folks saying this but you know what?

Susa doesn't dive and it's just one of those frequent jersey tugs that happen in the course of a game which either go unpunished or result in a verbal warning being issued. Bookable offence? Only because Susa dived.

snooky
20-05-2012, 12:24 PM
I've still not watched the Black elbow on the tv, but at the time I couldn't believe he didn't give him a yellow even. But having not seen it I can't say whether it should have been a red or not.

Other than that though, Craig Thomson gave us the performance many of us expected, and Hearts gave us a beating that our play deserved.

Clearly it shouldn't have been a pen, but there's nae doubt it was a foul and a yellow card. After the red card, it wouldn't have made a difference if they got a pen or a free kick cos with 10 men we barely touched the ball. We had nae chance with 10 men.

1) Lack of discipline, effort and, ultimately, a lack of talent saw us lose yesterday.

2) And, aye, the ref was *****.
3) But even if Ian Murray had been allowed to ref the match we'd have lost.
4)We were just *****.

1) :agree:
2) :agree:
3) :agree: :greengrin
4) :agree:

basehibby
20-05-2012, 12:28 PM

Thomson is a cheating Jambo c*** who quite obviously HATES Hibs and should never have been allowed within 100 miles of yesterday's final.

But that sadly does not change the fact that Hibs were utter sheight and deserved nothing from the game - we were obviously underdogs but I would have expected a lot more pride and passion in their performances than I witnessed yesterday - a quite a few players totally blew any chance they had of being offered deals at Hibs IMO and perhaps that is a straw of positivity we can draw from the debacle as we are avoiding being lumbered with a bunch of chicken hearted frauds :grr:

ScottB
20-05-2012, 01:06 PM
I have to wonder, without sounding like some mad Celtic conspiracy nut, however...

The refereeing was a nonsense, but the 2 linesmen and the 4th official weren't being over ruled by Thomson, they were making similarly ridiculous calls, like Driver running the ball off the park and stopping for the throw in that was never given.

This kind of crap happens in every game with this guy, without fail. I know the Celtic fans harp on about conspiracys, but they too seem to be on the end of some of these ridiculous calls which fuels it.

Now, is this caused by the sheer ineptitude of referees in Scotland, and it's coincidence that it seems to happen to us, and to an extent Celtic?? Not that we are in any way a 'Catholic' team or label ourselves as such like Celtic do, but could it be a band of bigoted refs just having it in for us because of our origins as a club? Thomson seems to be known to be a St Mirren fan, so why does he appear to have it in for us if not that?

As I say, not wishing to sound like some conspiracy nut, but I'm struggling to think of an alternate reason for that nonsense yesterday, I can't chalk it up to them being crap refs, because it was patently biased against us, so either he has something against Hibs for some obscure, unknown reason, or he's some sort of mad bigot.

JohnStephens91
20-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I am writing an e-mail to the SFA to officially complain about Thomson yesterday. No excuse making to defend an abysmal Hibs performance, but it was really hammered home by his woeful refereeing.

SteveHFC
20-05-2012, 01:30 PM
since 2005 he has given us

47 yellow cards
2 red card

greenginger
20-05-2012, 01:58 PM
It has been posted on here by myself and others that Thomson worked for Mclay Murray and Spens, solicitors in Edinburgh up until about 2 years ago when he took up full-time reffing.

If he had any Jambo tendencies some people in his work place must have been aware of them.

Just remembered who one of his work colleagues was.

http://www.mms.co.uk/VerySmartPeople/FindSmartPeople/Amanda-Jones.aspx?dosearch=y&author=ACJ

Thats right, our very own Director Amanda Jones. I wonder if that was ever even mentioned in the passing when Thomson got the Gig.

Of course maybe Craig is'nt really a Jambo but has been taking crap from one of bosses for too long. :confused:

BoltonHibee
20-05-2012, 02:03 PM
On the radio after the game, can't remember the channel as I was flicking between them, a few of the pundits were alluding to the fact that he appears to have a problem with Hibs.

ScottB
20-05-2012, 02:42 PM
On the radio after the game, can't remember the channel as I was flicking between them, a few of the pundits were alluding to the fact that he appears to have a problem with Hibs.

Well there was the original Sky report that absolutely slated him, quite why it was later pulled and rewritten I don't know...

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 02:53 PM

I'm not normally one for conspiracies or whatever but this season has been strange.

We seem to have been on the receiving end of a few very strange decisions.

Thomson yesterday was just another example of that. Allowed Black away with a forearm smash, at least a yellow, booked Kujabi for an admittedly bad challenge a few minutes later then let Black away (again) with a similar foul not long after that.

The ball being out of play decision was farcical, even Driver stopped for a second. And the less said about the penalty the better. Outside the box, there was no actual contact inside the box as Suso clipped his own heels then he took an absolute age to give it.

The guy is a cheat, I don't care what anyone says. All his bad decisions yesterday came against Hibs, if it was just incompetence Hearts would have been on the receiving end of at least a couple.

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 02:55 PM
The guy is a cheat, I don't care what anyone says. All his bad decisions yesterday came against Hibs, if it was just incompetence Hearts would have been on the receiving end of at least a couple.
Tough to argue, and I don't want to anyway. :). You're spot on. I can live with a **** ref as long as he's consistently ****. He wasn't.

Westie1875
20-05-2012, 03:11 PM

There has been too many blatantly wrong decisions made against us by this clown for any sane person to come to a different conclusion than this and the fact that the pundits are discussing it shows there is an issue as they can hardly be accused of being pro Hibs. Off the top of my head;

The penalty in the sheep game earlier in the season - blatant dive

Griffiths booked for an apparent "dive" against Killie seeing him miss our crunch match against the Pars - never a dive

The penalty given to the Pars in the last few minutes of the replay semi final a few years ago - again a blatant dive

Not booking Black yesterday for the assault on Griffiths then proceeding to book Kujabi for a 50/50, followed by the "penalty" and 2nd yellow for Kujabi

I'm sure there are many more, but these are the ones that come to mind easily.

BoltonHibee
20-05-2012, 03:23 PM
He is a cheating *******, there is no other explanation. Hibs should be sending a dossier on the cheat to the powers at be.

He should not be allowed near another game involving Hibs.

matty_f
20-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Black's challenge was worse than the one that Jobbie Neilson got a straight red for earlier in the competition v Celtc, imho.

Ryan91
20-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Well there was the original Sky report that absolutely slated him, quite why it was later pulled and rewritten I don't know...

Think that it might have been Luke Shanley who wrote the original report (he of former Hibernian Interactive fame) but why it got pulled when it told the absolute truth I'll never know

Sprouleflyer
20-05-2012, 03:50 PM
After watching the incidents today, Black took his man out, eyes firmly on the player, not the ball and forearm raised to go through his man. How that is not in the least a yellow card, I will never know.

Kujabi's first yellow, he was a fraction late and I mean a fraction late, eyes totally fixed on the ball not the man, very harsh yellow.

I mentioned, in fact most Hibs fans knew this would happen today, Hearts would get away with a bad challenge and Hibs would get penalised at the first chance the ref had.

The penalty, well thats that laugh, never a penalty in a million years, shirt pull and the Hearts player tripping himself were both out side and well out side the box. Is this not the second game in a few weeks that Thomson has sent a player off when the player tripped himself? Sure it was a European game that Thomson screwed up in?

Top ref, your having a laugh!!!!

ScottB
20-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Think that it might have been Luke Shanley who wrote the original report (he of former Hibernian Interactive fame) but why it got pulled when it told the absolute truth I'll never know

His performance seems to have been largely whitewashed, certainly the BBC articles ignore it, other than stating Griffiths wasn't happy with the ref in his interview.

LeithBoozy
20-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Black's challenge was worse than the one that Jobbie Neilson got a straight red for earlier in the competition v Celtc, imho.

You are bang-on Matty, I cant believe some Hibbys on here are saying we were crap anyway. If all the big decisions are going against you what chance have you got. A lot of the guys on here were expressing grave concerns about this clown being appointed as soon as he was awarded the game.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Even if a pen hadn't been awarded yesterday, Kujabi would have rightfully walked for a 2nd bookable offence.

We can argue all we want about the first booking. However, Kujabi was fully aware that he was on a yellow, but took a big risk by tugging on the jersey anyway.

It hurts, but we would have lost regardless of who was in charge.

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Even if a pen hadn't been awarded yesterday, Kujabi would have rightfully walked for a 2nd bookable offence.

We can argue all we want about the first booking. However, Kujabi was fully aware that he was on a yellow, but took a big risk by tugging on the jersey anyway.

The sending off was right but the penalty wasn't and that quick goal helped seal our fate. I know we were toiling with 10 men but I feel the heads must have gone down after going behind by 2 goals within a minute of the restart. I think that if we were only a goal down, even with 10 men, we could still have fought back but the penalty (and goal) was just too much to bear. Follow that with another quick goal and it's "last one out switch off the lights"

Fergus52
20-05-2012, 03:59 PM
There has been too many blatantly wrong decisions made against us by this clown for any sane person to come to a different conclusion than this and the fact that the pundits are discussing it shows there is an issue as they can hardly be accused of being pro Hibs. Off the top of my head;

The penalty in the sheep game earlier in the season - blatant dive

Griffiths booked for an apparent "dive" against Killie seeing him miss our crunch match against the Pars - never a dive

The penalty given to the Pars in the last few minutes of the replay semi final a few years ago - again a blatant dive

Not booking Black yesterday for the assault on Griffiths then proceeding to book Kujabi for a 50/50, followed by the "penalty" and 2nd yellow for Kujabi

I'm sure there are many more, but these are the ones that come to mind easily.

He put us out the scottish cup before against hearts, sending Fletcher off for that challenge on Berra that merited a booked at very worst.

Sprouleflyer
20-05-2012, 04:02 PM

99% of Hibs fans accept that, we didn't turn up yesterday and Hearts would have still won if the penalty was not given.

However having a corrupt ref that for some reason has something against Hibs did not help.

Why did he send Fenlon to the stand 30 seconds before he blew the final whistle? Probably knew he was going to get a right earful from Fenlon if he was there at the end!

Kato
20-05-2012, 04:13 PM

As Fenlon said the club is too soft and it's not just on the pitch. Doubt we appeal the sending off or request that cheating jambo clown is withdrawn from reffing Hibs games for ever more - both of which would happen if we any balls.

Kato
20-05-2012, 04:17 PM
His performance seems to have been largely whitewashed, certainly the BBC articles ignore it

The Monkey Mafia, despite being criticized constantly by Romanov, still sees the ****bos as the establishments second favourite team.

degenerated
20-05-2012, 04:20 PM
It has been posted on here by myself and others that Thomson worked for Mclay Murray and Spens, solicitors in Edinburgh up until about 2 years ago when he took up full-time reffing.

If he had any Jambo tendencies some people in his work place must have been aware of them.

Just remembered who one of his work colleagues was.

http://www.mms.co.uk/VerySmartPeople/FindSmartPeople/Amanda-Jones.aspx?dosearch=y&author=ACJ

Thats right, our very own Director Amanda Jones. I wonder if that was ever even mentioned in the passing when Thomson got the Gig.

Of course maybe Craig is'nt really a Jambo but has been taking crap from one of bosses for too long. :confused:

He still has a day job, he's legal director at forth electrical services.

He's also a cheating ****

Kato
20-05-2012, 04:20 PM

Monkey Mafia in effect.

hibeequinn
20-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Thomson aint fit to ref a amatuer game never mind a cup final have always hated the wee rat bag and suso santana will prob be playing in the olympics with that dive 10 out of 10 for that ****bag

camhibby1
20-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Thomson aint fit to ref a amatuer game never mind a cup final have always hated the wee rat bag and suso santana will prob be playing in the olympics with that dive 10 out of 10 for that ****bag

Check Craig Thomson Referee on Wikipedia and scroll down to Life outside Football and you have your answer to Thomson's allegiances.

DH1875
20-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Total joke of a ref and should never be given one of our games again. It just happens to much for it to be a coincidence. Sure we were crap but he killed off any chance we had.

Togs91
20-05-2012, 04:49 PM
I hate that thompson, he really is a cheating ba*****! But theres no really any point in winging about it so much on here, somebody who is alot better with words than i am should take all the evidence we can find, and send it to hibs, the sfa and the media, see if anything gets done!!

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 04:54 PM
He still has a day job, he's legal director at forth electrical services.

He's also a cheating ****

Is that so? That is very interesting information for anyone who is in a position to decide who commercial contracts are and are not awarded to.

degenerated
20-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Is that so? That is very interesting information for anyone who is in a position to decide who commercial contracts are and are not awarded to.

Indeed it is :agree:

fleethibee
20-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Just read on wikipedia that it's alleged that CT is a lifelong Hearts fan who still attends Tynecastle in his spare time. Don't know how much truth there is in this but it makes you think!!!!!!!

Fergus52
20-05-2012, 05:10 PM
the family who own Forth electrical services also own several shares in rangers. I know that isn't really linked to a hatred for hibs or love of hearts but I still find it interesting

Viva_Palmeiras
20-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Just read on wikipedia that it's alleged that CT is a lifelong Hearts fan who still attends Tynecastle in his spare time. Don't know how much truth there is in this but it makes you think!!!!!!!

Wikipedia - "never wrong for long" for a reason. I'll reserve judgement but wouldn't be surprised of the ineptitude of the sfa to appoint a ref with a conflict of interest.

CallumLaidlaw
20-05-2012, 05:17 PM
It's been mentioned on here previously that he is a St Mirren fan

Hibs Class
20-05-2012, 05:18 PM

In the same way as Chick Young is? :wink:

It's been mentioned on here far more often that he supports hearts.

Billy Whizz
20-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Does it say anywhere on Wikipedia that he's a p*sh referee

ChooseLife
20-05-2012, 05:20 PM

It's also been mentioned on here that he 100% has had a ST at tynecastle in the past, Chic Young supports the buddies aswell don't ya know :agree: :greengrin

Halifaxhibby
20-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Don't know if the fud is a yam or not but hugh dallas is head of referee training and development in scotland so expect more clones of dallas emerging soon, can't remember the refs name that just retired from the game recently but he stated there was an institutional bias in refs in sfa if you didn't bow down to the hierarchy and there was a clique running it all. Probably meant if you didn't have your sash on and your trouser leg rolled up you weren't getting in!!!.

SFAGTF.

degenerated
20-05-2012, 05:23 PM
the family who own Forth electrical services also own several shares in rangers. I know that isn't really linked to a hatred for hibs or love of hearts but I still find it interesting

And if the cheat is as good a lawyer as he is a referee then their shares in the Hun will be about as much use as their legal director.

MountcastleHibs
20-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Thomson turned down the OF match "for personal reasons" and was given the final. :hmmm:

Because his mum died, but don't let fact get in the way of a good conspiracy.

cabbageandribs1875
20-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Don't know if the fud is a yam or not but hugh dallas is head of referee training and development in scotland so expect more clones of dallas emerging soon, can't remember the refs name that just retired from the game recently but he stated there was an institutional bias in refs in sfa if you didn't bow down to the hierarchy and there was a clique running it all. Probably meant if you didn't have your sash on and your trouser leg rolled up you weren't getting in!!!.

SFAGTF.

i thought dallas was sacked from that position ?

bob12345
20-05-2012, 05:31 PM

SFAGTF.

Hugh Dallas is long gone.

joe breezy
20-05-2012, 05:33 PM
I could go on Wikipedia and edit ut right now, which is probably what another Hibs fan has done already...

MountcastleHibs
20-05-2012, 05:34 PM

It's on Wikipedia. It must be true.

LeithBoozy
20-05-2012, 05:37 PM
I hate that thompson, he really is a cheating ba*****! But theres no really any point in winging about it so much on here, somebody who is alot better with words than i am should take all the evidence we can find, and send it to hibs, the sfa and the media, see if anything gets done!! One thing we should do is have a welcoming committee waiting for him at ER, the next time he gets our game. Then we can find out if free speech really is alive in this country?

sh00byd00
20-05-2012, 05:38 PM
We're sounding more like Celtic fans every day. All we need now is our manager to take to twitter, then we'll be sorted.

davhibby
20-05-2012, 05:41 PM
One thing we should do is have a welcoming committee waiting for him at ER, the next time he gets our game. Then we can find out if free speech really is alive in this country?
Hopefully he will never get our game again but I wouldn't mind him being 4th official so we could sing him a few songs:na na:

Golden Bear
20-05-2012, 05:42 PM
One thing we should do is have a welcoming committee waiting for him at ER, the next time he gets our game. Then we can find out if free speech really is alive in this country?

Maybe an appropriate "welcome" display can be arranged by the Section 43 team.

:greengrin

green glory
20-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Craig Thomson. May all your turds be pregnant hedgehogs!

Golden Bear
20-05-2012, 05:47 PM
I wouldn't believe everything you read in Wilkipedia.

David@EasterRoad
20-05-2012, 05:50 PM

Maybe an appropriate "welcome" display can be arranged by the Section 43 team.

:greengrin

East stand red and yellow cards, chorus of you hearts...

yeezus.
20-05-2012, 05:55 PM
We're sounding more like Celtic fans every day. All we need now is our manager to take to twitter, then we'll be sorted.
:agree: this is paranoia. I'd say he is far more likely to be a St Mirren fan. And obviously someone has just edited wikipedia.

BEEJ
20-05-2012, 06:00 PM

Disagree. Santana stays on his feet and keeps on playing then Kujabi would never have been booked for that. Shirt tugging like that goes on all the time and is largely ignored by the officials.

Santana dives because he knows Kujabi is already on a yellow - watch his reaction as he goes down, he's flashing an imaginary card in the direction of the referee as soon as hits the deck. It's because play is stopped that consideration of the card comes in to the referee's head. Play continues it would never have been an issue.

Double whammy.

LeithBoozy
20-05-2012, 06:05 PM
East stand red and yellow cards, chorus of you hearts...

A first-class idea David, keep that under wraps. As I have no doubt the clowns will give him a Hibs game as soon as.

degenerated
20-05-2012, 06:09 PM
:agree: this is paranoia. I'd say he is far more likely to be a St Mirren fan. And obviously someone has just edited wikipedia.

What team he supports is less relevant than which one he clearly hates with a passion that knows no apparent bounds.

steakbake
20-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Desperate, folks. We were roundly beaten yesterday and Craig Thomson had little to do with it. The Hibs team gifted the cup to Hearts.

Hibrandenburg
20-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Desperate, folks. We were roundly beaten yesterday and Craig Thomson had little to do with it. The Hibs team gifted the cup to Hearts.

Agree that the better team one and it was never in doubt where the cup was going. However poor/biased refereeing and cheating played a large part in the final score line.

degenerated
20-05-2012, 06:17 PM

Nobody's disputing we were rank. But for black to get off with a wee word in his shell like for a red card offence and the dodgy penalty, amongst other decisiobs,then questions need to be asked and answered. If this was a one off then fair enough it could be a mistake but it's just about every game that ******* officiates that these things happen.

Crab apple
20-05-2012, 06:19 PM

Read the match day programme from yesterday. In the interview with Thomson he says he has officiated at two derbies already this year and has a personal appreciation of the fixture. What the **** does that mean? I understand during his tenure as a lawyer in this city he was attended games at Tynecastle as a fan. Remember this is the cheat that sent of Fletcher the last time we played them in the cup. I agree we were poor yesterday and I think Fenlon got his starting tactics wrong. But Thomson had a big part to play in the way the game unfolded. I really think we should be mounting some sort of pressure on the club to ask questions. At the very least it might prevent him cheating when he officiates at our games. Better still I'd rather not get him at all. I'm still really angry about this.

Kato
20-05-2012, 06:23 PM
.....Craig Thomson had little to do with it.

Griffiths would have been booked for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=40xTqoYW34M

snooky
20-05-2012, 06:26 PM
What team he supports is less relevant than which one he clearly hates with a passion that knows no apparent bounds.

That's quite true. No problem with him being a Hearts fan but when he brings it into his work place, there's the problem.

Kato
20-05-2012, 06:28 PM
But Thomson had a big part to play in the way the game unfolded.

Matches can revolve on pivotal decisions. There were three or four pivotal decisions yesterday all of which went against us. Given his track record of pivotal decisions going against us it's enough for me to see he doesn't like us and is willing to cheat against us. I'd love the club to say something but as PF says we are too soft to say or do anything, those in charge will sit on their hands and say nothing.

Albion Hibs
20-05-2012, 06:28 PM
As I have said on this thread already the guy should be pulled up and dealt with for this, not interested in whether or not he is a hearts fan, or who he used to work with, simply put he is crap at his job as a ref and he should therefore either be let go or dropped a division.

I enjoyed watching murray have a word with him at the end of the game and I hope next time he comes to easter road we pack the joint and make our feelings known as it goes without saying that the authorities will do nothing about this.

We may still have gone on to lose the game, but if we were pash in the first half and managing to get a goal back I see no reason why we would not have go another in the 2nd. All by the by as now it is done and dusted, but in no other league in the world do you see as many mistakes and key events in a game being decided by a ref.

If people think the standard of the game in this league is bad, our refs are 100 times worse.

Fergus52
20-05-2012, 06:29 PM
have the admins given up on merging threads?

snooky
20-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Because his mum died, but don't let fact get in the way of a good conspiracy.

Just wondered.
Apologies for any insinuation.

Kato
20-05-2012, 06:33 PM
have the admins given up on merging threads?

Maybe. I'm going to start another one just to test it out.

NGH
20-05-2012, 06:38 PM
We've had the "Matthews" Final in the English Cup, the "Zindane" final in the European Cup, the "Maradona" World Cup. Surely for future historians of the game the Scottish Cup final of 2012 will always be known as the "Craig Thomson" Final.

hibbymark
20-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Give it a rest. We were garbage and got pumped 5 - 1 going on 10-1 . Theres not a referee on the planet that could have saved us.

Big Frank
20-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Give it a rest. We were garbage and got pumped 5 - 1 going on 10-1 . Theres not a referee on the planet that could have saved us.

Aye. Your right. He was ****ing magnificent yesterday.

Wish we could get him every game.

NGH
20-05-2012, 06:47 PM

Oh don't get me wrong. We were soundly beaten and there's no hiding from our own failures. However it would be equally wrong to deny Craig his place in history when he contributed so much. And much better to have the whole shambolic affair named after him surely?

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Aye. Your right. He was ****ing magnificent yesterday.

Wish we could get him every game.

As bad as this idiot was yesterday, Hibs weren't at the races at all and we just have to accept that.

danhibees1875
20-05-2012, 06:50 PM

Others would have given us much more of a fighting chance though.

I don't think the ref can be fully blamed - the vast majority of blame has to lie with the 14 players that took to the field for us.(Not all at once, although that could have helped us also).

However:

I realised early on we weren't getting 50/50 decisions
The black elbow
Another Black incident
The Skachel incident
Kujabi being booked straight away
The penalty that should never have been. (This CHANGED the game, after grabbing one back, we were good before the interval and I really thought we'd do it - 3-1 and a man down changed that)

So, to summarise. We can't blame it all on the ref but the only 'grade 1' rating he should be getting is in the category of being a tit.

20-05-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm sure he'll be delighted in helping his club win the cup. I'm suprised he hasnt been invited onto the open top bus with them, although im sure he was there in the streets of gorgie anyway twirling his scarf!

Awful refereeing display and he should have been allowed nowhere near this final, but we were awful and we only really have ourselves to blame for yesterday. Yes, the ref didn't help us at all but we were so bad that it didn't come down to his bad decisions in the end. If we were better and made it a closer game then it would have been his awful, bias display that cost us, but it wasn't.

Very worrying though that this clown is considered the best ref in Scotland!

Big Frank
20-05-2012, 06:55 PM
As bad as this idiot was yesterday, Hibs weren't at the races at all and we just have to accept that.

I am sure we would have raced a tad better had the cheating prick not been there.

He has bee disgusting towards Hibernian ALL season. I dont want to delve any deeper than this season!

Hibernian bent over and took it! there should have been utter uproar from the club when he was announced and DEMANDED a different ref.

Hertz were the better team yesterday. Just the same as they have been all season. Just like 10 other clubs are.

Craig Thomson is a ****ing anti hibs prick.

LeithBoozy
20-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Hibs would have got a fairer crack of the whip from f------ Craig Gordon than that clown, yes there was a good chance we would have been beaten, he made sure we were.

goldwing 70
20-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Over the last few seasons Thomson has constantly shafted us but Petrie does nothing. We have a board of spineless individuals who do not care about us or the club. There will be no complaint to sfa. This man has cost us points and put us out of cup games with sending offs and bookings to free kicks and penalties. At every opportunity hibs get booked while the opposition does same and gets away with it. If Petrie will not do something it’s up to us to contact him. Drop him an email or even if anyone knows his address a wee note to explain our feelings. This underlines a malaise in the club top heavy with highly paid management who unlike any other business have a job for life regardless of constantly making one bad decision after another. Farmer does not want or care about the hibs. Petrie has got his feet under the table and he isn’t going to rock the boat. But enough is enough Saturday was the lowest point and we will only recover if we take action ourselves. They have stripped the squad to boast the property portfolio. Six million on training centre for a squad worth a million. It’s like spending two hundred grand on garage for a push bike. If we do nothing we only have ourselves to blame. Next season we have over ten thousand season tickets plus money from cup final so show some ambition farmer or it’s up to us to make Petrie and farmer’s life hell as others is at the moment.

clerriehibs
20-05-2012, 07:10 PM
I am sure we would have raced a tad better had the cheating prick not been there.

He has bee disgusting towards Hibernian ALL season. I dont want to delve any deeper than this season!

Hibernian bent over and took it! there should have been utter uproar from the club when he was announced and DEMANDED a different ref.

Hertz were the better team yesterday. Just the same as they have been all season. Just like 10 other clubs are.

Hibs should have been very vocal and very public about having rreservations about that bawbag as ref. We might still have had him but he might have been a tad more aware that the accusation was there and the focus was on him big time. Works for celtc.

ehf
20-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Hibs would have got a fairer crack of the whip from f------ Craig Gordon than that clown, yes there was a good chance we would have been beaten, he made sure we were.

Yup Our players have been slaughtered all over the place (inc by their own manager) and some of their careers will be virtually finished. But they MIGHT have redeemed themselves in the second half. We'll never know because the cheating koont Thomson denied them the chance.

BEEJ
20-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Right enough.

After all, Thomson did let our goal stand. There must have been a few good reasons for disallowing it but credit where credit's due, he turned a blind eye to all of them.

Sergio must have been furious.

The Falcon
20-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Griffiths would have been booked for this.

First time I've plucked up the courage to watch that. It wasnt even close. Blatant cheating.

That's quite true. No problem with him being a Hearts fan but when he brings it into his work place, there's the problem.

Neither have I. If he is a Yam though, the SFA did him no favours and have left him open to accusations of cheating, as opposed to simple incompetence.

Saorsa
20-05-2012, 07:31 PM
****in' ****bag

Spike Mandela
20-05-2012, 07:32 PM

Hearts were always favourites yesterday.

However if Thomson had giving a free kick just outside the box and had just chosen to have a stern word with Kujabi warning him another bad foul he would be off and then booked Suso for his blatant dive after the foul had occurred you reckon we would still have gone on to get hammered?

If Black had been booked and then sent off for his assaults would we still have gone on to get hammered?

Yes we may still have got beaten yesterday but with eleven on the park if we could have kept things tight till the last 15 mins or so the attitude of the game changes and then Hearts sit back trying to defend a lead who knows what could have happened.

Goals make games is the old adage but refereeing decisions can make all the difference as well.

Gez1875
20-05-2012, 07:32 PM
the man is a hearts fan nae sour grapes, we've known this for years and he has been heard saying if he can stop it he wont allow hibs to win.
look at the grin on his face when he awards the penalty.

Jim44
20-05-2012, 07:35 PM
The SFA referee observer had to see his moments of bias or incompetence yesterday. The fact that it will not be reported is evidence of their closing ranks. Madman he may be, but Romanov's views on Scottish refereeing is not far off the mark.

basehibby
20-05-2012, 07:36 PM
We were pish but there is no doubt that Thomson had an influence on the game that was exclusively to the benefit of Hearts.

1) He failed to take any action early on against Black when he clearly deserved a booking at least.

2) He took the opposite stance with Kujabi - booking him for his first offence which was less of a booking than Black's

3) He awarded a ghost penalty to Hearts for good measure thus virtually handing the game to them.

It is just possible that given an even handed referee the result could have turned out different - unlikely yes but given the significance of his bad decisions, possible.

Crab apple
20-05-2012, 07:44 PM

And don't forget he sent Fletcher off the last time we played them in the cup. I'm emailing the club citing all these occasions and hope others do likewise. He's a cheat. Our club should be vocal in standing up against this.

JohnStephens91
20-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Why should it be called the 'Craig Thomson Final' when most of our players didn't even show up. It doesn't even need to be named, it just needs to be examined by the board and management to move forward. It exposed every single fault that there has been at the club for years. Craig Thomson being a total dickhead changes none of that, our players were awful and did not play for the jersey other than Griffiths, McPake and Doyle. Hearts outplayed us because their players seem to care about the crest on their shirt and pleasing their fans, all our players care about is getting their wage.

Sunny1875
20-05-2012, 08:03 PM

Yes we were poor but it was made clear that we would not be allowed a robust challenge, Whilst those in maroon could elbow and hustle ,n, bustle with immunity to any repercussion, Personally i thought that Hibs had come back into the game a little before half time. Only one goal behind with another 45 minutes to play.
On the other hand when you are 2 goals down with only 10 men and 42 minutes to play then a mountain must be climbed. Just Interested who was thew man who allowed these decisions to be made.

yekimevol
20-05-2012, 08:10 PM
The ref made it harder for our dreadful teams performance, But the last 15 mins of the first half i felt we were the better team and had half a chance of making the second half a competition. Then wee kujabi was sent off that ended the game.

BEEJ
20-05-2012, 08:12 PM
the man is a hearts fan nae sour grapes, we've known this for years and he has been heard saying if he can stop it he wont allow hibs to win.
look at the grin on his face when he awards the penalty.
:hmmm: Really? Who by?

Doubt that he'd be that open about it if that was genuinely his motivation.

I'm not convinced he is a Yam. He just never referees Hibs matches in an even-handed manner, for whatever reason.

God Petrie
20-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Referee Craig Thomson was at the centre of the controversy as Hearts beat Hibernian 5-1 in the Scottish Cup final at Hampden.
Thomson opted to have a chat with Ian Black instead of producing a red card after the Hearts midfielder led with an elbow into the face of Leigh Griffiths as they went for an aerial ball on 10 minutes.
And the official later awarded a penalty to Hearts when Suso Santana went down theatrically outside the box - an incident that resulted in a red card for Hibs defender Saikou Kujabi, who had pulled the winger's shirt in the challenge.
Hearts opened the scoring on 15 minutes as Hibs struggled to clear their lines from Danny Grainger's corner and the ball finally broke to Darren Barr for the defender to poke it past the keeper from seven yards.
Rudy Skacel (27) doubled the lead when he took a pass from Black and spun at the edge of the box to crash a low drive past Mark Brown with the aid of a slight deflection.
James McPake then cleared a Santana drive off the line before he arrived behind Garry O'Connor at the other end to meet a low Tom Soares delivery and clip home to give Hibs a lifeline on 41 minutes.
Grainger (48) blasted his penalty past Brown moments after Kujabi was dismissed and two minutes before Ryan McGowan bundled the ball over the line for the fourth as Skacel flicked on a corner.
Skacel added a fifth when his shot went through McPake's legs and clipped the inside of the post 15 minutes from time but the contest was long over by then.

Crab apple
20-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Yes we were poor but it was made clear that we would not be allowed a robust challenge, Whilst those in maroon could elbow and hustle ,n, bustle with immunity to any repercussion, Personally i thought that Hibs had come back into the game a little before half time. Only one goal behind with another 45 minutes to play.
On the other hand when you are 2 goals down with only 10 men and 42 minutes to play then a mountain must be climbed. Just Interested who was thew man who allowed these decisions to be made.

Thomson's performance contributed to the result yesterday. I can't understand when he saw the Black elbow all he did was speak to Black. Most others refs would, by the letter of the law, issued a red. Yes Fenlon's tactics weren't great to start with and many if our players didn't do themselves any favours. Thomson is a cheat. Questions should be asked by the Board about Thonson's apparent agenda against us.

staunchhibby
20-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Wonder if the panel is going to look at the penalty incident in the same way they look at players simulating dives.Was not the first he dived during the game.

snooky
20-05-2012, 08:24 PM
How many big games have you watched where the committer of the first bad tackle didn't get booked?

:hmmm: I can only think of one.

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Here's another thought.

After we got our goal back we were up the park in their half with a throw-in to us. At that point our tails were up and we were pressing. Funnily enough Thomson blew for half time before the throw-in could be taken, which is a little unusual as refs usually allow the passage of play to go dead before blowing. Did anyone spot how close to 45 minutes he blew on?

Dinkydoo
20-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Here's another thought.

After we got our goal back we were up the park in their half with a throw-in to us. At that point our tails were up and we were pressing. Funnily enough Thomson blew for half time before the throw-in could be taken, which is a little unusual as refs usually allow the passage of play to go dead before blowing. Did anyone spot how close to 45 minutes he blew on?

Sure he blew the whistle bang on 46 minutes.

TornadoHibby
20-05-2012, 08:50 PM

46 minutes on the button according to my stopwatch too ! :wink:

LeithBoozy
20-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Here's another thought.

After we got our goal back we were up the park in their half with a throw-in to us. At that point our tails were up and we were pressing. Funnily enough Thomson blew for half time before the throw-in could be taken, which is a little unusual as refs usually allow the passage of play to go dead before blowing. Did anyone spot how close to 45 minutes he blew on? He blew bang-on 45 mins,it was on the big screen. Even though it was announced that a minimum of 1 minute, would be played.

BEEJ
20-05-2012, 08:52 PM
I videoed the game. According to the match clock on the live BBC footage it was about two seconds before the 46 minutes.

At the match I did think it unusual though for the throw-in not to have been taken.

BEEJ
20-05-2012, 08:54 PM
He blew bang-on 45 mins,it was on the big screen. Even though it was announced that a minimum of 1 minute, would be played.
Big screen at the game freezes at 45 minutes while any additional time is being played. :wink:

Alfred E Newman
20-05-2012, 08:54 PM
I take it the old complience officer will be taking some action?
Em, unlikely on this occasion!

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 08:59 PM
I videoed the game. According to the match clock on the live BBC footage it was about two seconds before the 46 minutes.

At the match I did think it unusual though for the throw-in not to have been taken.

The club has to refuse to ever have him again.

If not and he comes to Easter Road every one of us should take along whistles and they should be blown continuously for the full ninety minutes just to shove it up him.

BEEJ
20-05-2012, 09:04 PM
The club has to refuse to ever have him again.

If not and he comes to Easter Road every one of us should take along whistles and they should be blown continuously for the full ninety minutes just to shove it up him.
That would be my reaction if I was in RP or SL's position.

Doubtless though the SFA would derive great satisfaction from the club's protests and we'd get him 15 times next season compared to the nine games he was in charge for this season..

The best hope we have is that he takes a tumble at the Euros and does in his knee ligaments.

ehf
20-05-2012, 09:18 PM
The problem we have is that it sounds like sour grapes/bad losing, but I've spoken to/emailed a lot of neutrals today and they all say Thomson was completely biased against Hibs and ruined the game as a contest/spectacle.

I have played, coached, watched and written about football over many years, both in Scotland and abroad and at all levels there are certain (too many) games that are decided by the officials, but in the vast majority of cases, this is down to human error/incompetence. That simply wasn't the case with Thomson yesterday: Black deserved a yellow at the very least for his assault on Griffiths; if Thomson felt, for whatever reason, that a talking-to was appropriate, then he HAD to apply the same logic to Kujabi for a less serious offence a few minutes later. He didn't, and that cannot be attributed to human error/not seeing what happened. It was one rule for them, and a different one for us.

Thomson's body language actually gave him away: instances of truly biased or corrupt refs are mercifully rare but this is what always betrays them. He couldn't wait to wave that first yellow at Kujabi, and he couldn't wait to point to the spot and send him off at the start of the second half. In contrast to which, he simply didn't consider our penalty claims or potential bookings for Hearts players. It's fleeting, momentary, but with the 99 per cent of fair (if incompetent) refs you can see them reflect briefly, take stock of tge situation and make what they think is the right decision. Thomson didn't do that: he seized every opportunity, instinctively, to do us down.

It's not sour grapes, and I still think we would have lost with an unbiased ref in charge, but there is simply no objective justification for the way Thomson acted yesterday: I'm big enough and old enough to take defeat on the chin but I just feel so sorry for our players, who are being slated, but were never given a chance to compete on a level playing field. They must have been shell-shocked after that first half, but clawed their way back into it, only to have the rug cruelly whipped from under their feet at the start of the second half by this blatantly corrupt cheat of a ref. No wonder they went through the rest of the game in a daze. They actually deserve credit for keeping the scoreline semi-respectable.

Gez1875
20-05-2012, 09:28 PM
:hmmm: Really? Who by?

Doubt that he'd be that open about it if that was genuinely his motivation.

I'm not convinced he is a Yam. He just never referees Hibs matches in an even-handed manner, for whatever reason.

there was a big thing about this a few years ago, said hibs and celtic wouldnt win if he had anything to do with it. i wasnt there,and i dont know anyone that was, but there where several complaints about it from different parties. either way the mans a hearts fan and he deliberatly cheats us he shouldnt be in the position he's in.............probably goes to the right clubs, with the right people.

snooky
20-05-2012, 11:11 PM
The problem we have is that it sounds like sour grapes/bad losing, but I've spoken to/emailed a lot of neutrals today and they all say Thomson was completely biased against Hibs and ruined the game as a contest/spectacle.

I have played, coached, watched and written about football over many years, both in Scotland and abroad and at all levels there are certain (too many) games that are decided by the officials, but in the vast majority of cases, this is down to human error/incompetence. That simply wasn't the case with Thomson yesterday: Black deserved a yellow at the very least for his assault on Griffiths; if Thomson felt, for whatever reason, that a talking-to was appropriate, then he HAD to apply the same logic to Kujabi for a less serious offence a few minutes later. He didn't, and that cannot be attributed to human error/not seeing what happened. It was one rule for them, and a different one for us.

Thomson's body language actually gave him away: instances of truly biased or corrupt refs are mercifully rare but this is what always betrays them. He couldn't wait to wave that first yellow at Kujabi, and he couldn't wait to point to the spot and send him off at the start of the second half. In contrast to which, he simply didn't consider our penalty claims or potential bookings for Hearts players. It's fleeting, momentary, but with the 99 per cent of fair (if incompetent) refs you can see them reflect briefly, take stock of tge situation and make what they think is the right decision. Thomson didn't do that: he seized every opportunity, instinctively, to do us down.

It's not sour grapes, and I still think we would have lost with an unbiased ref in charge, but there is simply no objective justification for the way Thomson acted yesterday: I'm big enough and old enough to take defeat on the chin but I just feel so sorry for our players, who are being slated, but were never given a chance to compete on a level playing field. They must have been shell-shocked after that first half, but clawed their way back into it, only to have the rug cruelly whipped from under their feet at the start of the second half by this blatantly corrupt cheat of a ref. No wonder they went through the rest of the game in a daze. They actually deserve credit for keeping the scoreline semi-respectable.

I saw him help an injured Hearts player to his feet by holding out his hand.
An innocuous gesture normally but taken with the rest of his performance, well .... you decide.
BTW, I can't remember him helping any of our players to stand up.

#FromTheCapital
21-05-2012, 08:07 AM
First of all, we were well beaten. You cant play like we did in a cup final and expect anything we were truly shocking and an embarrasment. I feel really sorry for the people who travelled from all over to attend

However even if we had shown any interest and and least looked like we were trying to play, this pathetic excuse of a referee would have stopped us in our tracks. He showed this at the very beginning of the 2nd half. 5 mins before half time we somehow got a goal back and were starting to look ok. Half time Thomson has obv thought to himself ! hibs might have a very slight chance of getting back into this. So what does he do? Gives hearts a penalty that never was and ends the game as a contest less than a minute after the restart.

Again I am not making excuses for one of the most horrible hibs performances I have ever witnessed, but there was never any hope. We are terrible its been obvious all season. And if Hibs were ever going to win this it was always going to be by 1 goal we are not good enough to beat them by more. But that would never of been allowed to happen if we had played well enough to merit it.

doddsy
21-05-2012, 10:43 AM
hearts had three highly dubious penalty awards in the quarter final, semi final and the final. as soon as i heard who was the referee i knew we had no chance although i still attended the final. im just surprised the referee and linesmen did nt bother to wear hearts strips. when the hibees do eventually win the cup it won t be because of the officials. let them enjoy their tainted cups. and anyone who says hibs were rubbish and did not deserve the cup anyway is wrong, football is a game of two halves and down to ten men we will never know if they might have come back. WE WILL ENJOY OUR WINS THROUGH HARD WORK NOT BIAS.

Kato
21-05-2012, 10:46 AM
As soon as he let Black off with the fore-arm smash I knew the game was up for us. Fair enough we were very poor but games can change and swing in either teams favour and we looked to be clawing our way back in. Cue Mr Thompson, penalty and game over. Jambo ****ers.

MrSmith
21-05-2012, 10:46 AM
No point in putting yourself through this! They thumped us! Just admit it and you'll be OK - I promise. Blame our players if need be.

gbur123ukgb
21-05-2012, 10:48 AM
absolute rubbish hearts won on the day as there players wanted in more yes it was never a penalty but it was a sending off fenlon should have subbed him before that in fact he is the worst left back i have ever seen.
It hurts me to say but the game was won in the first minute when hearts won 2-3 50-50s a thing no hibs player apart from mcpake did.
Thompson is a imposter but he didnt score the goals for hearts all goals were avoidable to a team who could defend.
Unless we sign some better players in summer next season will be worse than this.
the club need to realise we have great fans however how long will they stay great fans if messuers petrie and farmer dont get money into playing staff

The_Todd
21-05-2012, 10:55 AM
If we start blaming referees then we're just covering up the real problems. When Susan got the ball and ran up that wing i thought "it's ok, he's not going anywhere with that surely". He should never have got as far as he did. Alan Hansen would've had a heart attack if he was given the job of analysing that defence.

LeithBoozy
21-05-2012, 10:59 AM
absolute rubbish hearts won on the day as there players wanted in more yes it was never a penalty but it was a sending off fenlon should have subbed him before that in fact he is the worst left back i have ever seen.
It hurts me to say but the game was won in the first minute when hearts won 2-3 50-50s a thing no hibs player apart from mcpake did.
Thompson is a imposter but he didnt score the goals for hearts all goals were avoidable to a team who could defend.
Unless we sign some better players in summer next season will be worse than this.
the club need to realise we have great fans however how long will they stay great fans if messuers petrie and farmer dont get money into playing staff It is not rubbish at all, this is the same ref who sent Fletch off. The flying trout incident, now he can add the wee fat minnow to his roll of dishonor, the guy is a cheating yam basta.

doddsy
21-05-2012, 11:00 AM
I don t care if you think it s rubbish, I am of the clear opinion that in the quarter final, semi final and final hearts were awarded three highly dubuious penalty s,

gbur123ukgb
21-05-2012, 11:11 AM
we all know thompson is a twat however feel that the hibs players are the ones who deserve flack yes craig jambo thompson is a fud but the hibs players didnt deserve anything on the day they were shocking and embarrassemtn to the long suffering hibs fans we need to stand together and rise against petrie and his band of dimwitts who are wrecking our club until we sign some proper football players no kid on ones like we have just now nothing will change.
Rod petrie should come out and say sorry to fans and tell us what he his board and manager are going to do to make tings better.
As for thompson hope he makes a **** of the euros to show what a fud he really is.
Someone mentioned to me he used to have a hearts season ticket in his younger days the way he goes on bet he still has one yes he cheated us but the players cheated the fans more

Kato
21-05-2012, 11:17 AM
we all know thompson is a twat however feel that the hibs players are the ones who deserve flack

People are having a go at the players too. Doesn't mean we have to shut-up regarding a person who obviously hates our club so much he's willing make the ludicrous decisions he did on Saturday and in some of the other games he's reffed this season.

The club is unlikely to say anything about the three or four pivotal decisions he made on Saturday, so why shouldn't we?

The guy is a cheat. The players were rubbish. You are allowed to criticise more than one aspect of a game.

bawheid
21-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Not sure if it's been posted already but I know for a fact that Hibs put an objection into the SFA after Thomson was appointed. They didn't receive a response.

Purple & Green
21-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Not sure if it's been posted already but I know for a fact that Hibs put an objection into the SFA after Thomson was appointed. They didn't receive a response.

I wish you had leaked that to the papers prior to the game, I think his performance showed he's thinks he's bombproof.

Frazerbob
21-05-2012, 11:59 AM
It is not rubbish at all, this is the same ref who sent Fletch off. The flying trout incident, now he can add the wee fat minnow to his roll of dishonor, the guy is a cheating yam basta.

Also the gave the penalty at Aberdeen which was later proved not to be a foul AND outside the box....very similar to Saturday. The red card was withdrawn. Also gave Dunfermline a shocking penalty in the last minute of the semi replay after refusing to give a stone waller to us earier in the match. He is a disgrace!

BEEJ
21-05-2012, 12:03 PM

I wish you had leaked that to the papers prior to the game, I think his performance showed he's thinks he's bombproof.
I think his performance suggests that he knew Hibs had objected to his appointment for the final! An even more one-sided performance than usual from Mr Thomson on Saturday.

scott7_0(Prague)
21-05-2012, 12:12 PM
WOW - 1st time i seen this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnyKGHNT7lE

PatHead
21-05-2012, 12:19 PM
First time I have seen it. That was the turning point in the game not the penalty.

If that man had done his job we could have made a game of it. Goes down there with the Colin Campbell incident in 1979.

Geo_1875
21-05-2012, 12:27 PM

That's the one that Sandy Clark said was using his arms for leverage as all players do when challenging for a high ball. ****ing lying *******. His feet barely left the ground. It was as bad as Murrays one on Black at Tynie that had them all wanting him arrested.

basehibby
21-05-2012, 12:33 PM

He was born in Edinburgh - hence as likely to support an Edinburgh team as the buddies IMO. (and if he's a Hibby I'm Father Christmas).

degenerated
21-05-2012, 12:47 PM
He was born in Edinburgh - hence as likely to support an Edinburgh team as the buddies IMO. (and if he's a Hibby I'm Father Christmas).

it's not hugely important who he supports, it is however crystal clear that he has some sort of agenda against us for some reason. Maybe its some perverse satisfaction he gets from shafting us at every opportunity, maybe a hibby shafted his missus or maybe he's making a few quid betting on bookings, sending offs, penalties etc but one things for sure he's most definitely at it.

The club should be publicly criticising him and ensuring that either we never have that ******* setting foot at Easter Road or anywhere else we happen to be playing or that he is forced to stop the cheating through being watched closely every time we have the misfortune of having him.

I wonder if the SFA compliance officer will be having a look at the the incidents from Saturday, i would b very interested to see how he would defend some of those bizarre decisions.

a fair referee may not have made much difference to the overall result but the sooner this dickwad is hounded out the game the better.

ac1
21-05-2012, 12:51 PM
The Black incident is even worse than I thought at the game - I knew it was a red card at the game and seeing it there confirms it.

Thomson is a cheating *******!

TRC
21-05-2012, 12:52 PM
He smiles after he blows his whistle. to me the man is a total cant. i think as they have the panel that looks at incidents after the point. There should be one for refs hosted by a mix of ex-players and coaches!

Treadstone
21-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Ian Murray done a similar challenge on Black at the New Year Derby last year and luckily IMO got a yellow card . It Should be a red all day long .

Thomson is there to apply the lwas not mange the game.

basehibby
21-05-2012, 01:01 PM

:eek: Absolutely shocking - if Thomson sees that and does not dish out AT LEAST a booking he does not deserve to be called a referee.

Black - a KNOWN DIRTY WEE BASSA - clearly leads with his elbow and would surely have considered himself fortunate to stay on the pitch - but Thomson somehow thinks a nice wee chat will do the job :confused: - a deliberate assault! leverage my hairy erse!

Northern Hibby
21-05-2012, 01:06 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18130691

Does this result in a booking? NO :rules:

matty_f
21-05-2012, 01:06 PM
The Black incident is even worse than I thought at the game - I knew it was a red card at the game and seeing it there confirms it.

:agree: First time I've seen it since the game and it's a red all day long. For all we have slated the players can you imagine the lift they'd have got if they lost Black at 0-0?

We even managed to claw our way back into the game but the penalty killed any chance we had of getting an equaliser. Fenlon's tactics for the second half might have been good enough but we'll never know because Thomson's a cheating ****.

Do not under-estimate the role he played in that result.

tomf
21-05-2012, 01:09 PM
There was no doubt in my mind before the final, and absolutely none since, that Thomson is a cheat. Hibernain FC should use a bit of clout and demand that he no longer referees a game involving us. If the SFA/SPL can't accept that then the fans should boycot every game he officiates. Perhaps even some supporters of other teams have detected his bias towards Hearts and they might join in. Hibs should also demand that any clubs who don't balance (or nearly balance) their books (and who haven't done so for years) should be stripped of any and all trophies. Why should the teams who try to play by the rules be cheated by teams who plainly live in debt and fiddle taxes, who use shares for debt dodges or dubious player payments in order to wiin. All of it in an attempt to go into European big money tournaments and thereby attempt to clear of the debt. This isn't speculating to accumulate; it's about the articles of the associations and bending the rules. Rangers and Hearts may be bigger than Hibs (although in the Hearts case it is very much open to debate) but their victories are built on cheating. Hibs can do better, we deserve better, we can be a huge team but I would want us to spend money on the team rather than on tax avoidance, referees, smart lawyers etc to get there. Has anyone shaken hands with Mr Thomson by the way? Does anyone remember a Fair Play campaign? Don't make me laugh.

TRC
21-05-2012, 01:16 PM
A letter should be written to the SFA asking for thomson to explain his decisions!

PaulSmith
21-05-2012, 01:17 PM

Elbow used as a weapon rather than a tool to aid your jump for the ball.

You decide.

TornadoHibby
21-05-2012, 01:21 PM

Happened right in front of us and we all leapt to our feet so outraged were we that Black had (we thought immediately) knocked Leigh out cold! :agree:

Definately a red card and the ref had a clear view of it as can be seen on the vid! :confused:

Thomson should be in front of the review panel for that one along with Black and the penalty that never was along with the linesman! :agree:

Kato
21-05-2012, 01:27 PM
I wonder if the SFA compliance officer will be having a look at the the incidents from Saturday, i would b very interested to see how he would defend some of those bizarre decisions.

The SFA doesn't give a monkey's about what you or I or indeed what Hibs think about Saturday. They appointed him to the game knowing what goes on in our games with him as ref. You might as well complain to Aslan or The Flowerpot Men as complain to the SFA.

yeezus.
21-05-2012, 01:36 PM

Ah, sorry, I thought he was born in Paisley :aok:

BurghHibby
21-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Anyone else think this is the SFA's response to Rod for his "sporting integrity" statement and daring to have a go at their beloved huns?
Using one of their employees to teach us a lesson to keep our traps shut!

matty_f
21-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Anyone else think this is the SFA's response to Rod for his "sporting integrity" statement and daring to have a go at their beloved huns?

Thomson's had an agenda against us for a long time, so I doubt it.

Kato

Yes. The SFA doesn't like Hibernian Football Club and never has done ever since we applied for membership. Speaking out, especially in a proper manner, against their beloved Huns can't be condoned.

Hibby 2005
:eek: Absolutely shocking - if Thomson sees that and does not dish out AT LEAST a booking he does not deserve to be called a referee.

Black - a KNOWN DIRTY WEE BASSA - clearly leads with his elbow and would surely have considered himself fortunate to stay on the pitch - but Thomson somehow thinks a nice wee chat will do the job :confused: - a deliberate assault! leverage my hairy erse!

It's a booking not a red card.

The bigger mistake by the referee was the penalty but to Fenlon's credit he didn't use that as an excuse unlike Mr Lennon.

matty_f
21-05-2012, 01:55 PM
It's a booking not a red card.

The bigger mistake by the referee was the penalty but to Fenlon's credit he didn't use that as an excuse unlike Mr Lennon.

It's a dangerous and reckless challenge. Red card every day of the week. See the challenge thst Jobbie Neilson got sent off for against Celtc, and Black's was worse.

BurghHibby
21-05-2012, 01:57 PM

That was part of my point, who better to appoint for a cup final than a referee that obviously hates us?

mmmmhibby
21-05-2012, 02:07 PM

ian black is vermin of the highest order, so is his junkie brother. catch him in ladbrokes at prestonpans as he spends his days there playing fruit machines. hes a rodent of the highest degree!

Springbank
21-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Dear Sir, This is a question about football governance (and a match that looks to the untrained eye like it contained match-fixing).

The Scottish Football Association appointed a referee to officiate the Scottish Cup Final called Craig Thomson who supports one of the participants (Hearts FC, who of course won. They benefitting from an outrageous award of a non-existent penalty at a crucial moment, a situation which the referee Mr Thomson then compounded by showing a red card to the Hibernian player he had awarded the phantom penalty against). There were other glaring "errors" in the officiating which one would not expect of a Grade 1 referee, all in favour of Hearts.

My two questions are:
(1) is it good practice for associations to appoint referees with links to a participant club for major events?

(2) Given that the recipient club in question, Hearts, are owned by a Russian businessman whose business affairs and practices have been subject to investigations, and who I believe has a chequered history with other national associations (especially Lithuania) and who has withheld payment from his footballers many times, many of the ingredients that you find in previous match-fixing cases are in place here.

This is especially true in Scotland where - sadly - the SFA have shown a complete lack of leadership around cheating from another member club (Rangers FC) which you'll be aware of no doubt. SFA members have gone on record saying they value money over sporting integrity in recent weeks, without censure from the SFA. All Hibernian fans fear that this scenario played out its inevitable conclusion in the Scottish Cup Final on May 19.

There were many odd occurances in this match and I'd appreciate Uefa's view on these two points and any indication of whether you will investigate the matter, it is very serious for the sport if true. Kind regards
etc etc

greenginger
21-05-2012, 05:02 PM

He sure has, and I'm still trying to establish WHY.

His appointment as Cup Final REF by whoever makes those decisions at Hampden might have had something to do with Rods verbals.