PDA

View Full Version : Are they in Europe?

Gus Fring
20-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Did we ever find out if Hearts are eligible to play in Europe? I know their accounts were published on 3rd of may. Was that too late? Are they likely to get let off because its the first season the rules have been in effect?

God I hope we get the place instead of them.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 06:38 PM
You're clutching at straws i'm afraid.

Even if the men with the maroon ties on decided not to break the rules and let them enter Europe, the spot would go to the team in 7th place I would imagine.

Spike Mandela
20-05-2012, 06:42 PM

Even if the men with the maroon ties on decided not to break the rules and let them enter Europe, the spot would go to the team in 7th place I would imagine.

So, I would rather St Johnstone Or whoever got there than them. Time to raise the question in the media. If Rangers fans see that they are banned from Europe as their accounts weren't signed off I'm sure they would be interested to hear Hearts are in Europe Without signed off accounts.

cabbageandribs1875
20-05-2012, 06:43 PM

it will go to one of the losing SF's in the SC if craig thomson has anything to do with it, although he apparently hates sellick more than us, so, step up aberdeen

but in all seriousness, vlad is mad but it would have been all over the media if any chance at all that hertz missed the boat :agree:

Hibs Class
20-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Think St J are in Europe now anyway as they take the place hearts got for the league position. Hearts get into the competition further on as cup winners.

Gus Fring
20-05-2012, 06:49 PM
It seems strange that Rangers would not be allowed into Europe but the Yams are when they both have not met the minimum requirements. Is it an SPL/SFA decision or is it UEFA that that decides who gets in?

Jim44
20-05-2012, 07:29 PM
There has been no suggestion in the media that their European place is in any doubt. In fact the contrary applies. I think they are in.

Hibernia Na Eir
20-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Think St J are in Europe now anyway as they take the place hearts got for the league position. Hearts get into the competition further on as cup winners.

i think they only have to play 1 game before the group stages! unreal.
hope they get a gubbing (which they will)

Gez1875
20-05-2012, 07:36 PM
they are not in administration and there debt is less tha 35 million i think so qualify for europe

CropleyWasGod
20-05-2012, 07:37 PM
By the letter of the new SFA Licence regulations, they fail. The accounts were late, and had a Going Concern qualification. That puts their SFA Licence at risk, never mind Europe.

However, as I have said before on the Rangers thread, I reckon the SFA will be lenient in their application of the rules this year, as it is their first year.

Jim44
20-05-2012, 10:15 PM
By the letter of the new SFA Licence regulations, they fail. The accounts were late, and had a Going Concern qualification. That puts their SFA Licence at risk, never mind Europe.

However, as I have said before on the Rangers thread, I reckon the SFA will be lenient in their application of the rules this year, as it is their first year.

On what grounds do you 'reckon' they won't apply the rules? Surely if they had no intentions of applying the rules they should have saved themselves the ridicule they will get, when they formally announce their cop-out, by deferring the implementation for one year in the first place. I find it laughable that a body can say 'here is a rule, but we won't be enforcing it'.

CropleyWasGod
20-05-2012, 10:20 PM
On what grounds do you 'reckon' they won't apply the rules? Surely if they had no intentions of applying the rules they should have saved themselves the ridicule they will get, when they formally announce their cop-out, by deferring the implementation for one year in the first place. I find it laughable that a body can say 'here is a rule, but we won't be enforcing it'.

Instinct. Nothing more.

AuldManDisguise
20-05-2012, 10:21 PM
I have it on good authority that the Yam ****s are ******. Doomed, you might say. Let's just say there's no chance of them being allowed in European competition once this poo poo hits the rotating electrical machine.

Mwhahahahahahahaha Flats flats glorious flats! ha ha

HoboHarry
20-05-2012, 10:25 PM
I have it on good authority that the Yam ****s are ******. Doomed, you might say. Let's just say there's no chance of them being allowed in European competition once this poo poo hits the rotating electrical machine.

Mwhahahahahahahaha Flats flats glorious flats! ha ha

Everyone and his dog have been saying that for years. What makes your statement more credible than the rest?

Cabbage East
20-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Everyone and his dog have been saying that for years. What makes your statement more credible than the rest?

I think he might be at it...

greenginger
20-05-2012, 10:40 PM
According to the SFA Club Licensing Rules Page 9, 31st May is the date the SFA provide UEFA with its list of Licensing decisions.

I wrote a letter to the SFA Licensing Committee highlighting the reasons why the Yams should not get a license. If it is ignored I will copy it to David Taylor at UEFA.

Perhaps we should also let UEFA know why Craig Thomson should not be a Referee. :greengrin