PDA

View Full Version : The genius of youth!

Yuillsy
20-05-2012, 04:39 PM
My 2 and a half year old daughter just told me "hearts are bawbags".
I know i shouldn't encourage this and it was obviously me she originally heard saying this but it really cheered me up and made me so proud!

N.Wales Hibby
20-05-2012, 04:49 PM
When I first took my boy to Easter Road he was about 4. He was not really interested in the game but loved the singing. He would sing along word for word at the top of his voice not understanding what he was saying.

nonshinyfinish
20-05-2012, 04:53 PM
I know i shouldn't encourage this and it was obviously me she originally heard saying this but it really cheered me up and made me so proud!

Clever girl :agree:

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 04:56 PM

She should give the pre-match pep talks for derbies.

Halifaxhibby
20-05-2012, 04:59 PM
As a fellow parent i couldn't condone such behaviour!!, if it was my wee lassie i'd know i'd done my job well!!! just don't mention it in front of mum!!!, it's true what they say though, children see it how it is, out of the mouths of babes!!!
My daughter sat yesterday while me and her brother were at the game writing I LOVE HIBEES when mum saw the score she told the wee one and she said, mummy i'm going to cry! that broke my heart more than that shower i witnessed yesterday, at the moment it could be construed as child abuse having your kids go to easter road. Hope your reading this Mr petrie thats the next generation of hibees!!.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-05-2012, 05:11 PM
First took my boy aged three he's just turned five.
He's probably been to about 5-6 games including Aberdeen in the league (fell asleep) and 3-2 away to Dunfy (didn't like it whenever we scored - which hadn't really been a problem until then)
But despite my indoctrination being reserved til later he did say to me before the cup semi
"Hibs are the greatest team in the world and I love them".
So whilst he needs to work onhis observational skills there is hope out there ;)

...WentToMowAnSPL
20-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Left my two Hibs supporting sons at their in-laws whilst I travelled to the game.. They watched the game on t.v..

Thomas 6 said during the first half - "That referee's not very good, That referee is cheating'
Matthew 9 said to me on arrival 'At least Hibs didn't lose 7-0'

Quite proud at their observations !

GGTTH :greengrin

HibeeEmma
20-05-2012, 05:20 PM

:bitchy:

From a 2 and a half year old? Just wrong

Yuillsy
20-05-2012, 06:07 PM

Agreed. Obviously i need to choose my words very carefully around her. We all know kids brains are like sponges and the information they take in and retain is frightening at times.
That said i'm sure most parents are guilty of slipping up in front of their kids occasionally.
It was a light hearted post that i thought may put a smile on 1 or 2 peoples face on an otherwise seriously depressing weekend!

zlatan
20-05-2012, 06:10 PM

Agreed. My kid was only 2 when I had him calling hearts players the c word. Poor educating from the OP

cabbageandribs1875
20-05-2012, 06:13 PM

although the wean is factually correct, i agree it's wrong

R'Albin
20-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Agreed. My kid was only 2 when I had him calling hearts players the c word. Poor educating from the OP

:greengrin

I once called a referee a "****ing prick" when I was 5 in front of my Mum, don't think my Dad was very popular afterwards!

Minder
20-05-2012, 07:48 PM
My five year old nephew said this morning "We should never give up and next time need to sing louder". Also said to his yam fud of a father "'I will always be a Hibby".

:hibees