PDA

View Full Version : Team

Sauzee92
20-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Yesterday, and for most games over the past 3 years, we played with 11 individuals who were not interested in playing for each other. We have no team spirit in the squad, most likely because we never keep the same squad together for over one season. I think its pretty obvious that during the summer there is going to be massive changes again but i dont think signing 11 new players is going to be the answer to solving the problems at the club. I would rather see us signing 3 or 4 good players on long term contracts than signing 11 average players on one year deals.

Also cant the people that run the club see that by signing all these players every transfer window we are giving less chance for our youth players to progress into the first team. Our most succesful teams of the last decade have been built around players coming through the youth set up, why have we all of a sudden stopped this policy?

Makaveli
20-05-2012, 04:40 PM
100%.

What were they doing in Dublin? It looked like they'd never met!

yeezus.
20-05-2012, 04:57 PM
100%.

:thumbsup: No communication or effort I keep saying - it was like the team thought it was a pre-season friendly!

Sauzee92
20-05-2012, 05:07 PM
100%.

Exactly, looked like they were trying to get the 90 minutes over with so they could get away for their holidays quickly after the game.