PDA

View Full Version : This summer...

steakbake
20-05-2012, 04:07 PM
After watching that yesterday, and considering the past few years we've had to endure before it, this summer is the big test for me as far as Hibs go.

Anyone watching that will see that as a club, we cannot continue to rely on journeymen, loan signings and people with only a passing interest in the club coming in and out of the revolving door at ER. The result was awful but what I think angers me the most is the very clear lack of effort from several of the players who really, couldn't have cared or put in less. From my point of view, the type of signings we make and how we set about forming a regular team with a nucleus of 4-5 good quality players is going to decide whether I'm actively interested in Hibs in the future.

As for Pat Fenlon's future - he is the man to take us forward, of that I have no doubt whatsoever. But he needs support to bring in players, get a settled team and go from there. I have a fear however, that a good manager would rather walk with some professional integrity intact than continue to be expected to turn s**t into gold.

I have been going to ER for the best part of 20 years. I have not renewed my season ticket this year, because it seems to me at least, that until the suits who are running the club start to invest on the end product on the pitch, I'm throwing my money away.

I'll be watching the transfer ins and outs with great interest before deciding whether and when to go back.