PDA

View Full Version : Putting myself through hell for a better future...

keithkeith
20-05-2012, 02:32 PM
I recorded the game yesterday from TV. I have blanked most of it out as it was so horrific! I am now going to watch the whole thing again and watch the players' attitudes, body language and our manager's tactical awareness to see if it was as bad as I remember?

It will be painful but I need to do this, get it out my system and pick out the points I want our proud Club to address, Boardroom downwards. The whole Club. I will write to the Board to state all this.

I have only walked out a game early once. 1991 when we lost 4-1 at ER to them. I stayed in the freezing cold rain at Ibrox until the bitter end of the 7-0 thrashing, but I couldn't take it yesterday. I walked out early and I don't feel ashamed for admitting it. I couldn't watch any more and I don't think the players (except McPake) deserved my support.

I chatted to Steven Fletcher on the way out and we agreed how poor it was. Good to see him there!

I got interviewed by Real Radio on the way out and as I chatted, the fifth went in and I heard the roar. I started to have tears roll down my face as I spoke. I was asked "Is this an embarrassment?". I replied "No. The players who didn't turn up embarrassed the Club with that display, but I will never be embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter. I will always be a Hibs supporter and will never be embarrassed to call myself a Hibs supporter! I'm proud of it.

I didn't throw my scarf away, I just needed to get away. I've reflected and maybe I was wrong to walk, I still don't know?

What I do know is things have to change and change fast, or we will disappear from the top echelons of Scottish football.

Maybe this is my self-imposed punishment, but here goes...PLAY

Violater
20-05-2012, 02:40 PM
You were not wrong to walk mate! I managed to stay until the 86th minute but i couldnt blame anyone who left early. I am like you i stay to the bitter end in any game but i just couldnt stay this time.

I have never cried over a football match but i bubbled on the bus on the way home and in the boozer afterwards. This was hard one to take for every Hibby.

Alfred E Newman
20-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I have sadly decided that at my age I no longer need the grief.I will be back at ER but only when there is a team on the park worth watching and players with a genuine feeling for the club. We were never really going to win the cup with the current shower of wasters and one good thing to come out of yesterday is that they have cemented their place in the history of the club as the worst squad of players ever to turn out for the Hibs.

Makaveli
20-05-2012, 03:01 PM
I've never left a game early (was sorely tempted to run away late on during the 5-1 at Tynie) and neither has my dad in his 62 years of Hibs.

We were there yesterday with my niece who didn't accept that we couldn't score another four. I didn't want her to see a mauling turn into a murder so after 82 minutes I said to my dad, half-seriously, "Will we just go now?"

He shook his head.

Five minutes pass and Hibs are still sitting off while they 'ole' it around the pitch. He turns to me and says "Want to go?"

Tells the story for me. We stayed, pointlessly, but what a pathetic shower that bunch of imposters are.

Yuillsy
20-05-2012, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=keithkeith;3237035]I recorded the game yesterday from TV. I have blanked most of it out as it was so horrific! I am now going to watch the whole thing again and watch the players' attitudes, body language and our manager's tactical awareness to see if it was as bad as I remember?

It will be painful but I need to do this, get it out my system and pick out the points I want our proud Club to address, Boardroom downwards. The whole Club. I will write to the Board to state all this.

I have only walked out a game early once. 1991 when we lost 4-1 at ER to them. I stayed in the freezing cold rain at Ibrox until the bitter end of the 7-0 thrashing, but I couldn't take it yesterday. I walked out early and I don't feel ashamed for admitting it. I couldn't watch any more and I don't think the players (except McPake) deserved my support.

I chatted to Steven Fletcher on the way out and we agreed how poor it was. Good to see him there!

I got interviewed by Real Radio on the way out and as I chatted, the fifth went in and I heard the roar. I started to have tears roll down my face as I spoke. I was asked "Is this an embarrassment?". I replied "No. The players who didn't turn up embarrassed the Club with that display, but I will never be embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter. I will always be a Hibs supporter and will never be embarrassed to call myself a Hibs supporter! I'm proud of it.

I didn't throw my scarf away, I just needed to get away. I've reflected and maybe I was wrong to walk, I still don't know?

What I do know is things have to change and change fast, or we will disappear from the top echelons of Scottish football.

Maybe this is my self-imposed punishment, but here goes...PLAY[/

You were right to walk out. I always try to see the positives and try to see a game out no matter how it's going.
Yesterday was a new low though and i left at 3-1. I had to stop myself leaving at 2-0. There was no fight,passion or commitment.
Why should we stay and hope and pray for a result when the players clearly didn't believe it themselves?
My Dad phoned me and went mental at me for walking out but he then left at 4-1.
Also i can't stand watching them enjoying themselves!!!

Thecat23
20-05-2012, 04:04 PM
What is it with some fans obsession about leaving early? Serious question. If I could I'd have left at the 2nd. I finally walk at 4 as I knew the lift I had was leaving too. Walked out on many games and not once have I missed a goal or comeback. Until Hibs prove me wrong i'll stay. Fans who shout at others leaving are utter trumpets. I don't shout at anyone for staying. Makes you no better a fan than any of us who leave. Our choice like it is yours to stay. Paid the same so deal with it. This isn't aimed at anyone in paticular just for the ones who dont agree with fans leaving early.