PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts/Feelings from yesterday

Hibbylad86
20-05-2012, 02:16 PM
So its official yesterday was the worst day of my life! I know some jambos will be reading this....enjoy your day and celebrations ahead. You wanted it more than us to a man and I can have no complaints. Mark my words though we we will be back! That's is certain.

I just watched the full re-run of the BBC programme yesterday. A couple of points....

1. Fans were brilliant! We turned up in numbers out sang them while it was still a contest and I am so proud to be a Hibby.

2. We deserved nothing from the game...talk of ref, the penalty etc is us just deflecting from what was a poor flat performance

3. Fenlon set up his team to contain them not have a go which is disappointing (but maybe expected when you look at type of players he has) we had zero width and no out ball or anyone to hold it up

4. Ian Black is a decent player and nothing more. We made him look like Xavi yesterday. I think the players fear him more than Skacel.

5. We need a root and branch review of our football club. Top to bottom, give PF carte blanche over changes and mould this into a proper FC with grit, determination, steel and ambition. I trust the wee man and he is being judged as of now in my book, let's look at his signing and direction going into next season.

We are all hurting fellow Hibees but let them enjoy this day. We should all remember this day and disappointment because we can use this to drive us to new heights in the coming days, months and years.

Onwards and Upwards! GGTTH

Violater
20-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Was proud to be a Hibs supporter yesterday. Thought our fans and our flag display was unbelievable! Just a pity the team on the park doesnt represent us in any way or form. I can take losing but not like that. That team is not my Hibs.

:flag:

N.Wales Hibby
20-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Hurting like everyone else. On your point 5. It is up to the board if our club is to go forward or stay in the sorry state it is in. We the fans can and have done our bit. The ball is in their court. GGTTH

20-05-2012, 02:32 PM
So its official yesterday was the worst day of my life! I know some jambos will be reading this....enjoy your day and celebrations ahead. You wanted it more than us to a man and I can have no complaints. Mark my words though we we will be back! That's is certain.

I just watched the full re-run of the BBC programme yesterday. A couple of points....

1. Fans were brilliant! We turned up in numbers out sang them while it was still a contest and I am so proud to be a Hibby.

2. We deserved nothing from the game...talk of ref, the penalty etc is us just deflecting from what was a poor flat performance

3. Fenlon set up his team to contain them not have a go which is disappointing (but maybe expected when you look at type of players he has) we had zero width and no out ball or anyone to hold it up

4. Ian Black is a decent player and nothing more. We made him look like Xavi yesterday. I think the players fear him more than Skacel.

5. We need a root and branch review of our football club. Top to bottom, give PF carte blanche over changes and mould this into a proper FC with grit, determination, steel and ambition. I trust the wee man and he is being judged as of now in my book, let's look at his signing and direction going into next season.

We are all hurting fellow Hibees but let them enjoy this day. We should all remember this day and disappointment because we can use this to drive us to new heights in the coming days, months and years.

Totally agree with everything there :agree:

Fans were absolutely amazing, we could not have done more, but unfortunately our players didn't show the same passion on the pitch.

Yes indeed, hearts deserved it, I don't have any excuses, we were awful. But its downhill for them from now. Black, Beattie, Skacel and other top guys will be gone in the summer and they really cant afford to bring a lot of big players in. We on the other hand have the chance now to clear out the ***** and bring in decent players as we have the funds available to do so and if the board really want to move us forward they will let Fenlon have quite a lot. The club have a lot of making up to do to the fans so i'm hoping that that is exactly what we'll do.

We are all hurting, completely understandable, its a very painful one to swallow but the good times will come again, things WILL go up from here!

judas
20-05-2012, 04:36 PM

Onwards and Upwards! GGTTH agree with most of that but pf would not know where to start on a root and branch review. He simply does not have the experience and should have resigned last night. He was at the helm when we were disgraced. Not acceptable for anyone who still values Hibernian FC

ehf
20-05-2012, 05:03 PM

2. We deserved nothing from the game...talk of ref, the penalty etc is us just deflecting from what was a poor flat performance 3. Fenlon set up his team to contain them not have a go which is disappointing (but maybe expected when you look at type of players he has) we had zero width and no out ball or anyone to hold it up

Disagree with that bit. Yes, Hearts were the better team in the first half but they were no great shakes and apart from two soft/lucky goals and the one McPake cleared off the line, they didn't create much. At half-time, we were in the ascendancy and everyone knew the next goal would be crucial. Sadly, Thomson decided to hand it to them (with a bonus sending off) straight after the restart. Had it not been for that, we might have been a different team in the second half (we only ever play for 45 minutes under Fenlon), we might have got it back to 2-2 and gone on to win it. Equally, we might not have. The sad thing is we'll never know, because the cheat Thomson denied us that opportunity. He also (not that I really care) thereby ruined the rest of the game for neutrals watching around the world.

snooky
20-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Disagree with that bit. Yes, Hearts were the better team in the first half but they were no great shakes and apart from two soft/lucky goals and the one McPake cleared off the line, they didn't create much. At half-time, we were in the ascendancy and everyone knew the next goal would be crucial. Sadly, Thomson decided to hand it to them (with a bonus sending off) straight after the restart. Had it not been for that, we might have been a different team in the second half (we only ever play for 45 minutes under Fenlon), we might have got it back to 2-2 and gone on to win it. Equally, we might not have. The sad thing is we'll never know, because the cheat Thomson denied us that opportunity. He also (not that I really care) thereby ruined the rest of the game for neutrals watching around the world.

I thought both sets of fans were great yesterday. The lack of bile was quite noticable.
The standard of play in the first half was poor but I felt that we were in for a thrilling second half until one specsaver ruined the whole event as a spectacle for the worldwide audience.
Most of us acknowledge that Hearts were the better team and deserved their win.
There was no need to turn it into a shooting-fish-in-a-bucket game.

ehf
20-05-2012, 05:34 PM
I thought both sets of fans were great yesterday. The lack of bile was quite noticable.
The standard of play in the first half was poor but I felt that we were in for a thrilling second half until one specsaver ruined the whole event as a spectacle for the worldwide audience.
Most of us acknowledge that Hearts were the better team and deserved their win.
There was no need to turn it into a shooting-fish-in-a-bucket game.

Exactly. As has been said elsewhere, if the second half had started with Super-Leigh running down their right, having his jersey slightly tugged outside the box and tumbling into it, Thomson would have booked him for diving: 100% guaranteed.

HibbyAndy
20-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Exactly. As has been said elsewhere, if the second half had started with Super-Leigh running down their right, having his jersey slightly tugged outside the box and tumbling into it, Thomson would have booked him for diving: 100% guaranteed.

I would a million percent put my mortgage on this outcome, I really really would.

There is poor refereeing and there is down right cheating, Thomson is most definately the latter.

lyonhibs
20-05-2012, 06:37 PM
If yesterday was honestly the worst day of your life, you've had a pretty cushty life thus far!
Very disappointing, and a massive task ahead in the summer, but we'll have our day in the sun

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 06:41 PM
If yesterday was honestly the worst day of your life, you've had a pretty cushty life thus far!
Very disappointing, and a massive task ahead in the summer, but we'll have our day in the sun

That could well go down as the worst result in Hibernian history.

It doesn't get any worse than that.

lyonhibs
20-05-2012, 06:47 PM
That could well go down as the worst result in Hibernian history.

It doesn't get any worse than that.

I can assure you, it does. It!s a dark day for Hibs, but the worst in my life?
Not even close.

Hibbylad86
20-05-2012, 06:59 PM

Lyon yeah I have! Mid twenties and tbh nothing bad has happened in my life (e.g. illness, death in the family - I have been very lucky that way so far) so yesterday was quite easily the worst day of my life and I make no apology for it being so. I will look back at my comments one day in the future and laugh but when that is I don't know.

Yesterday will live with me forever but your right.... Hibernian Football Club will have many a day in the sun. I hope I am there to enjoy them all.

gegs70
20-05-2012, 10:41 PM
I was gutted...yeh one team has to lose but for me it was the way we lost it. There was very little fight nor passion. Is it a result of havong too many loanees? Or players who know very little about the club or fans?

We nd to invest in quality and experience then bring in the youth to learn from it to? S

lyonhibs
22-05-2012, 07:01 AM
Lyon yeah I have! Mid twenties and tbh nothing bad has happened in my life (e.g. illness, death in the family - I have been very lucky that way so far) so yesterday was quite easily the worst day of my life and I make no apology for it being so. I will look back at my comments one day in the future and laugh but when that is I don't know.

Yesterday will live with me forever but your right.... Hibernian Football Club will have many a day in the sun. I hope I am there to enjoy them all.

Wish I could say likewise, and if I could, then I suspect yesterday would be right up there.

My point in general was that - when push comes to shove - it's only a game. The most important game in our history granted, and the players bottled it, but just a game nonetheless. I appreciate those that have to go back to workplaces crawling with Yams will view it as a lot more.

In 2006 we got pumped both on and off the pitch. This time around, we owned them off the pitch, just a shame the ********s on the pitch couldn't match the passion and commitment coming from the stands. If that continues, the next time we play them at Hampden, we'll win both on and off the pitch.

I don't know when that day will come, but good things come to those who wait.

Hibbylad86
22-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Wish I could say likewise, and if I could, then I suspect yesterday would be right up there.

My point in general was that - when push comes to shove - it's only a game. The most important game in our history granted, and the players bottled it, but just a game nonetheless. I appreciate those that have to go back to workplaces crawling with Yams will view it as a lot more.

In 2006 we got pumped both on and off the pitch. This time around, we owned them off the pitch, just a shame the ********s on the pitch couldn't match the passion and commitment coming from the stands. If that continues, the next time we play them at Hampden, we'll win both on and off the pitch.

Yeah today it feels more like a game, Saturday night and Sunday though was very much different. That feeling will haunt me for years to come (I am sure that lot felt the same when the blew the chance to win the league in the 80's). We did the club justice as fans on Saturday and that makes me proud. Seeing the displays on TV, hearing us sing was brilliant. We held up our end of the bargain and sadly let down (again most would say) on the pitch.

Mark my words our day will come - it may take another 100 years but it will.

Treadstone
22-05-2012, 11:20 AM

I am with you Lyon , and not just because I am the guy that got on the bus at Haymarket for the semi with you and your mate.

Personally this defeat is tough but doesn't come remotely close to being the worst day of my life.

I think lots of Hibs fans are at ease that Petrie is playing the long game regarding budgets , income so forth . We as Hibs fans have to realise how fortunate the Yams were in 2005 that someone was willing to buy them . My worry was that Mad Vlad with the bother Rangers are in and a day like Saturday may have been refreshed to beef up their budget . This does not look the case , and debt is debt , it has to be repaid sometime . I stay round the corner from the Pink Bus Shelter and if THAT day comes I will be round there with my scarf on .

The only problem is the "long game" after Saturday seems a little further away , it is not , it just feels like it .

C'est tout.
http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Hearts