PDA

View Full Version : Club Culture

NAE NOOKIE
20-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Forget finances for a bit and look at the culture at East Mains and Easter Road.

I dont know what is said to players when they sign on at Hibs, but from now on anybody, from the tea lady to the biggest signing, has to have a hatred of Heart of Midlothian football club hammered into them from the word go.

I'm not talking about "Oh aye, we have a right rivalry wi the herts like" I'm talking about a bitter and twisted out of all proportion hatred of anything thats a deep red ..... never mind Maroon !!! I want to see players in tears on the pitch after a loss to them ... not out in fking George street 3 hours later. I want to see the chairman apologising to the fans with tears running down his face like a Japanese boss who has let the company down.

As for us ( the fans ) the same goes. I think its time we started looking towards the next derby match, which I hope will be at ER. I want to see 16,000 of the 20 odd thousand at Hampden yesterday baying for revenge ... I know that a single derby win will be like taking an asprin for a broken leg .. but it will be a start.

I am not talking about blood on the streets ...... I am talking about a football club which allowed a Hearts supporter who's employer had been given ( no doubt ) much needed business by the club to bury Hearts memorabilia under our new stand in the hope that it would bring the club bad luck.

If she had done that in South America or Turkey the supporters would have burned the businesses premises to the ground. I am NOT ... I repeat NOT ... suggesting anything like that ..... But even at this late date the club should get Dalkeith Demolition to dig that ***** up and carry the cost for doing so, who cares if its just superstitious nonsense ... its the thought that counts. And before anybody thinks thats rediculous I am led to believe that the New York Yankees .. a much bigger world brand than we can ever hope to be ... made a Red Sox fan do just that when he pulled the same stunt.

Nah .... When they come to ER I want the water in the dressing rooms to be cold ... I want the welcome from our board to be professional, but chilly .. I want to see hatred and bile pouring out of the stands towards their players at every touch of the ball from the warm up to the final whistle.

The Hearts fans have always had an out of proportion hatred for us, which given the respective fortunes of the two clubs in and out of derby matches I have always found a bit hard to fathom ........... But screw it, its time for us to turn things up a notch or two ... or a hundred and give them back what they have given us 10 times over.

I will reiterate ... I am NOT advocating violence in or out of the ground at any time .... but when they see the Hibs fixture in the list at the start of every season I want them to hate the thought of its approach .. not put their feet up, get out a cigar and look forward to an easy ride.

Thats what I want ....... Bring it on !!!!

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Slightly off topic but what I want to know is how can we change players, managers, coaches, etc and still have the same mentality at the club? What is persisting it from one team to the next? I have a hard time thinking that the board could have that sort of influence on the playing staff.

bingo70
20-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Slightly off topic but what I want to know is how can we change players, managers, coaches, etc and still have the same mentality at the club? What is persisting it from one team to the next? I have a hard time thinking that the board could have that sort of influence on the playing staff.

Because new players overlap the old players and by the looks of it there's no player that demands better from his team mates.

If i started a job where the culture was relaxed and chilled out i'd probably just fit into the place and go with the flow but if i joined a work place that was demanding and hard working i would try that bit harder.

It shouldn't be the case but it's just what happens.

HibsNutter
20-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Forget finances for a bit and look at the culture at East Mains and Easter Road.

I dont know what is said to players when they sign on at Hibs, but from now on anybody, from the tea lady to the biggest signing, has to have a hatred of Heart of Midlothian football club hammered into them from the word go.

I'm not talking about "Oh aye, we have a right rivalry wi the herts like" I'm talking about a bitter and twisted out of all proportion hatred of anything thats a deep red ..... never mind Maroon !!! I want to see players in tears on the pitch after a loss to them ... not out in fking George street 3 hours later. I want to see the chairman apologising to the fans with tears running down his face like a Japanese boss who has let the company down.

As for us ( the fans ) the same goes. I think its time we started looking towards the next derby match, which I hope will be at ER. I want to see 16,000 of the 20 odd thousand at Hampden yesterday baying for revenge ... I know that a single derby win will be like taking an asprin for a broken leg .. but it will be a start.

I am not talking about blood on the streets ...... I am talking about a football club which allowed a Hearts supporter who's employer had been given ( no doubt ) much needed business by the club to bury Hearts memorabilia under our new stand in the hope that it would bring the club bad luck.

If she had done that in South America or Turkey the supporters would have burned the businesses premises to the ground. I am NOT ... I repeat NOT ... suggesting anything like that ..... But even at this late date the club should get Dalkeith Demolition to dig that ***** up and carry the cost for doing so, who cares if its just superstitious nonsense ... its the thought that counts. And before anybody thinks thats rediculous I am led to believe that the New York Yankees .. a much bigger world brand than we can ever hope to be ... made a Red Sox fan do just that when he pulled the same stunt.

Nah .... When they come to ER I want the water in the dressing rooms to be cold ... I want the welcome from our board to be professional, but chilly .. I want to see hatred and bile pouring out of the stands towards their players at every touch of the ball from the warm up to the final whistle.

The Hearts fans have always had an out of proportion hatred for us, which given the respective fortunes of the two clubs in and out of derby matches I have always found a bit hard to fathom ........... But screw it, its time for us to turn things up a notch or two ... or a hundred and give them back what they have given us 10 times over.

I will reiterate ... I am NOT advocating violence in or out of the ground at any time .... but when they see the Hibs fixture in the list at the start of every season I want them to hate the thought of its approach .. not put their feet up, get out a cigar and look forward to an easy ride.

Thats what I want ....... Bring it on !!!! :top marks

NAE NOOKIE
20-05-2012, 01:55 PM
I forgot.

We can start by kicking Billy bloody Brown into touch for a start. He is tainted with the stink of Gorgie and has to go.

I never want a man to lose his job .... but in this case I'm sure theres a position waiting for him just over the Forth.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 01:56 PM

We seem to have some sort of fixed moto which makes us respect Hearts far more than they respect us.

Hearts hate us with a passion, yet we don't seem to hate them nearly as much. (The fans do obviously, but everything else to do with the club doesn't).

I mentioned it on another thread, but what was up will Billy Brown yesterday giving Paulo Sergio a big good luck hug before the game? He may as well have kissed him on the cheek while he was at it. :grr:

When we bring new players into the club, I want them to openly state before each and every derby their extreme hate for Heart of Midlothian Football club and how badly they're going to do them in for 90 minutes.

Thats what their players do!

20-05-2012, 01:58 PM
I agree. The mentality of our players going into derbies NEEDS to change. We always go in to derbies with an almost "awch well we always loose to them anyway" attitude. Even when we have had far better teams than hearts, they have still managed to beat us, simply because they go into it with a far better attitude and belief than we do. Our players just seem to accept getting beat off hearts and its not a big deal. The importance of winning derbies needs to be hammered home to every single player in our dressing room, anybody who doesn't feel the passion of the derby and the importance of it should not be at the football club.

Our time will come again, hearts reign over us will come to an end sooner rather than later I reckon.

Danderhall Hibs
20-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Maybe a slightly over the top OP but it does make some sense to me. I was just saying omething similar earlier - we don't hate them enough.

They make everything about us - they wouldn't care if they finished 10th in the league as long as we were 11th. Even their official Cup Final t-shirts yesterday were about us - we try and take some kind of moral high ground about having class and that. What's the point?

Let's "stoop" to their level - it works.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Maybe a slightly over the top OP but it does make some sense to me. I was just saying omething similar earlier - we don't hate them enough.

They make everything about us - they wouldn't care if they finished 10th in the league as long as we were 11th. Even their official Cup Final t-shirts yesterday were about us - we try and take some kind of moral high ground about having class and that. What's the point?

Let's "stoop" to their level - it works.

:agree:

Real class is shown on the pitch, not off it.

And sadly, they seem to show more of it than we do.

Before every single derby, their players openly state how they're going to rip us to shreds, while our players are too cowardly to say anything of the sort.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 02:06 PM
It shouldn't just be about Hearts.

From now on everyone coming into the club should be told in no uncertain terms that what has gone on before isn't good enough. The top 6 is the absolute minimum expectation and anything less than being in the hunt for Europe going into the last few weeks of the season is failure. Semi finals and finals should be the norm. With a weakened Rangers and possible cost cutting accross the road this isn't something that can't be acheived.

I'm sick of teams ending losing runs against us, strikers ending goalscoring droughts, Hearts building unbeaten runs against us.

The mentality needs to change. Shape up or ship out time for everyone at the club imo.

Treadstone
20-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Could not agree more . I have said before throughout the club there is an acceptance of people not giving 100% to the club and cause . These people populate our club and are allowed to coast at the expense of the fans and employees who give their all for the cause . If you are not trying your best you should be told that it will not be tolerated and to have a look in the mirror .

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Because new players overlap the old players and by the looks of it there's no player that demands better from his team mates.

If i started a job where the culture was relaxed and chilled out i'd probably just fit into the place and go with the flow but if i joined a work place that was demanding and hard working i would try that bit harder.

It shouldn't be the case but it's just what happens.

That makes sense. So we need a wholesale clear out (which seems to be coming anyway) and / or a player at the club who can get the rest out of his team mates.

After the first two goals yesterday I only saw McPake trying to motivate the rest of the players just before each kickoff. There might have been others but I only saw him.

SWR1875
20-05-2012, 02:10 PM

Some might say that the above is ridiculous and a bit harsh, however going back to the Yankees point, we could learn a thing or or two about how to treat rivals.

Ive done tours of some of these american baseball and football stadiums, and much like us and them, rivalry often runs to the very core of their history. However they do act like the above to their rivals. The passion for their club and hatred towards the opponent is kept professional, and violence seems to be minimal. Yet as soon as they come head to head, the players feel as much passion as the fans. mind games are real, and not silly threats about injury woes and fitness concerns.

I just don't get how I (and 20,000) other hibs fans watched a team in arguably the biggest game of their careers walk on to Hamden park with little to no passion in their hearts. Despite fans sending them video and audio messages of good luck and how much it means to them, they still had the ability to turn up and play how they did. It was gutless and shameful to watch.

So I agree. It's time to clear out that bunch of amateurs we have, and replace them with professionals who share the shame passion towards the club, and hatred towards their rivals. Otherwise, we will always walk into these games as underdogs, regardless of player ability.

joebakerforever
20-05-2012, 02:15 PM
What a load of paranoid crap.

Instead of this obsession with anything Hearts, the focus should be on providing the best team on the field and ignore the goings on down Gorgie way.

If we had followed the OP's doctrine, the likes of Joe Baker & Willie Hamilton would never have signed for Hibs, as they would have been classed as maroon tainted goods.

nil7
20-05-2012, 02:19 PM
the attitude you talk about comes from the very, very top; and I mean Tom Farmer. He may be a great businessman but he doesnt run his businesses to hate other teams - he asks for repsect, for class. therefore he runs hibs the same way.

dont even get me started about Petrie - he in no way shape or form wopuld have felt like I did last night when i simply went home to my bed. he is an employee and has as much passion as any employee for their employer.

and finally there is us the supporters we rant and rave on here, but do very little about it. It's time we demanded change in the boardroom - I am saying lets get a new buyer (although i think we do need that) as I doubt we'll find one - but a clearout at boardroom level and make it clear to Tom Farmer that that this is unaccepatable. How would he feel if we started to protest outside farmer auto care, would he listen then as I think he is oblivious at the moment.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 02:21 PM

Instead of this obsession with anything Hearts, the focus should be on providing the best team on the field and ignore the goings on down Gorgie way.

If we had followed the OP's doctrine, the likes of Joe Baker & Willie Hamilton would never have signed for Hibs, as they would have been classed as maroon tainted goods.

You're wrong.

Beating Hearts means absolutely everything. When it comes to a derby game, nothing else should matter what so ever.

Its more than just a football game, its all out war.

But without any warriors in our team, its a war we'll continue to lose over and over.

Most Hibs fans will tell you that they don't care about anything else, as long as we beat Hearts.

Golden Bear
20-05-2012, 02:25 PM
the attitude you talk about comes from the very, very top; and I mean Tom Farmer. He may be a great businessman but he doesnt run his businesses to hate other teams - he asks for repsect, for class. therefore he runs hibs the same way.

dont even get me started about Petrie - he in no way shape or form wopuld have felt like I did last night when i simply went home to my bed. he is an employee and has as much passion as any employee for their employer.

and finally there is us the supporters we rant and rave on here, but do very little about it. It's time we demanded change in the boardroom - I am saying lets get a new buyer (although i think we do need that) as I doubt we'll find one - but a clearout at boardroom level and make it clear to Tom Farmer that that this is unaccepatable. How would he feel if we started to protest outside farmer auto care, would he listen then as I think he is oblivious at the moment.

Utter drivel.

He would be hurting every bit as much as the rest of us and make no mistake about it.

SWR1875
20-05-2012, 02:30 PM

I completely understand what you mean. However, as my point states above, we should really try to get current/new players to share the passion we have towards our club and with that comes players who give 110% every game. Then, when we do face them, the players understand the need to give that little bit more for them and the fans.

For years now, we've had mediocre talent who believe donning a football strip every Saturday makes them 'professional football players'. however, they have put on amateur shows at best and have not showed a desire for success.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. We need professionals seeking success at a club with great history.

danhibees1875
20-05-2012, 02:31 PM
You're wrong.

Beating Hearts means absolutely everything. When it comes to a derby game, nothing else should matter what so ever.

Its more than just a football game, its all out war.

But without any warriors in our team, its a war we'll continue to lose over and over.

Most Hibs fans will tell you that they don't care about anything else, as long as we beat Hearts.

Well, I'll stick my hands up and say I'm not one of them.

If we'd managed 1 win over Hearts last season and 0 over dunfermline I'd be a sadder Hibee than I am right now.

HoboHarry
20-05-2012, 02:33 PM

That comment about Rod Petrie is about as foolish a comment as I have seen on here. Rod Petrie would have been hurting just the same as everyone else.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Well, I'll stick my hands up and say I'm not one of them.

If we'd managed 1 win over Hearts last season and 0 over dunfermline I'd be a sadder Hibee than I am right now.

If we had the bottle to beat Hearts this season, we wouldn't have been anywhere near the foot of the table anyway.

Beating Hearts should be our top priority every season, the rest takes care of itself.

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 02:47 PM

Can people not disagree with any semblance of civility any more? ;)

What YOU call paranoid crap, others call fight, passion, steel, backbone. I think it's obvious that we want this against ALL opposition but starting with Hearts is as good a place as any.

I want players who care about Hibs rather than pay checks. Those days are most likely gone now though because of money.

Or have they?

Ball players in the US get paid waaaay more than professional football players (generally speaking) but that doesn't stop them playing with passion. Some players don't show it, Manny Ramirez was one, but he had other qualities that made up for that. I'm trying to find a video trailer from a few years ago that was used prior to a Red Sox / Yankees game. Very motivational I would say. If I can't find it online I'll record it and upload it when I get back home.

nil7
20-05-2012, 02:52 PM
there are clearly people on here that think that Petrie was hurting yesterday as much as I was - well why in all his years in charge has he done nothing about it.

He displays no passion for the club when I see him interviewed and would trouble motivating a kamikaze pilot. The man has no charisma, gravitas or more worringly anything appearing to resemble a plan for this club.

Drivel - I stand by what I said 100% - he will not have felt anywhere near as bad as I did yesterday, or we would have had his resignation this morning!!

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 02:59 PM
there are clearly people on here that think that Petrie was hurting yesterday as much as I was - well why in all his years in charge has he done nothing about it.

He displays no passion for the club when I see him interviewed and would trouble motivating a kamikaze pilot. The man has no charisma, gravitas or more worringly anything appearing to resemble a plan for this club.

Drivel - I stand by what I said 100% - he will not have felt anywhere near as bad as I did yesterday, or we would have had his resignation this morning!!

I'm clearly not 100% serious but I could care less if he didn't feel bad about the loss BUT at the very least he should feel something about the business he's running being a shambles. He doesn't need to support Hibs but if he's remotely interested in running a successful business he should care about that. If he neither supports Hibs or cares about the business then he's the wrong man for the job.

I have no clue how he feels though.

ac1
20-05-2012, 03:07 PM

Totally agree!

Walking out of Hampden yesterday me and my brother said exactly the same thing - In Italy the fans would have burned the training ground down if their team had played like ours yesterday in a cup final against their biggest rivals. Can't remember who it was but recently in Serie A the ultras made the team give there strips to them because they were not fit to wear the strip. We just seem to accept it. Not condoning violence but if Skacel had done what he did after scoring his first yesterday at Easter Road in the eighties there would have been fans over the fence to get to him.

We have put up with a shocking derby record for far to long.

The_Todd
20-05-2012, 03:11 PM
I agree fully. Time to stop messing around, it's time to take back our city and our pride. Time to fight fire with fire not a simper.

Littlest Hobo
20-05-2012, 03:14 PM

Yes! Yes! Yes! And anyone who disagrees with this should **** off right now.
We need to change our outlook!

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't expect anyone who is not a Sox fan to feel anything from watching this video but it gets the hairs on my neck standing up every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nGTWwXCKp4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'm not calling for on-field skirmishes but tell me these guys don't care.

Halifaxhibby
20-05-2012, 03:23 PM
:aok:

Nice post, more passion in those few paragraphs than i've seen at easter road for a long time.

Footballs not a sport anymore it's a corrupt business and scottish football is right in the thick of it. Were all frustrated and bitterly disappointed after that shameful performance yesterday. But, even if hearts went on to win the europa cup next year i'd always ALWAYS prefer to be a hibs man. Yes were turkish delight at the moment and the club needs restructered from petrie downwards but every gorgie giro casher is bricking it after mad vlads comments yesterday, he's off and theres no two ways about it!!!, let the rats dance in the street today and go home and pump their sisters tonight but our club will still be here in 5 years unlike theirs, the cup final win for them is just glitter on a turd, the problems behind the scenes will soon become evident just like their big brothers in govan. THEN WE WILL HAVE OUR DAY!!!!

GGTTH
FTHMFC

Fergus52
20-05-2012, 03:27 PM
I forgot.

We can start by kicking Billy bloody Brown into touch for a start. He is tainted with the stink of Gorgie and has to go.

I never want a man to lose his job .... but in this case I'm sure theres a position waiting for him just over the Forth.

said that since calderwood was punted. BB GTF!

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 03:29 PM
:aok:

Nice post, more passion in those few paragraphs than i've seen at easter road for a long time.

Footballs not a sport anymore it's a corrupt business and scottish football is right in the thick of it. Were all frustrated and bitterly disappointed after that shameful performance yesterday. But, even if hearts went on to win the europa cup next year i'd always ALWAYS prefer to be a hibs man. Yes were turkish delight at the moment and the club needs restructered from petrie downwards but every gorgie giro casher is bricking it after mad vlads comments yesterday, he's off and theres no two ways about it!!!, let the rats dance in the street today and go home and pump their sisters tonight but our club will still be here in 5 years unlike theirs, the cup final win for them is just glitter on a turd, the problems behind the scenes will soon become evident just like their big brothers in govan. THEN WE WILL HAVE OUR DAY!!!!

GGTTH
FTHMFC

I applaud your optimism, I really do.

But fact of the matter is, both Hearts and Rangers will still be here in 5 years time.

Theres no danger the 2 pro-British teams in the league will be left to die.

Fergus52
20-05-2012, 03:30 PM

Why does this get mentioned on every thread, away and post your pish on the petrie thread.

20-05-2012, 03:33 PM
I applaud your optimism, I really do.

But fact of the matter is, both Hearts and Rangers will still be here in 5 years time.

Theres no danger the 2 pro-British teams in the league will be left to die.

Unfortunately thats true but times are about to get a bit difficult for hearts and we need to take advantage of this! There team next season wont be as strong as it was this season. There three best players, Beattie, Skacel and Black will all be gone, along with a few others.

PeeJay
20-05-2012, 03:35 PM

This is as far as I got before I almost fell over laughing - is that your solution: hatred of Hearts?

I understand we're all hurting, but anybody signing on for this nonsense is condemning the club to years more of the same old failure -

THEY are NOT the PROBLEM - they never were - Where does HATRED fit into that "sporting integrity" concept that we're all throwing at RFC by the way?

Thanks for making me laugh after such a debacle of an afternoon at Hampden:thumbsup:

"Hate Horrible Hearts" - there you go - nice alliterative catchphrase for you all to sing in your delusion!

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Unfortunately thats true but times are about to get a bit difficult for hearts and we need to take advantage of this! There team next season wont be as strong as it was this season. There three best players, Beattie, Skacel and Black will all be gone, along with a few others.

Lets be real about this though.

Hearts could become far weaker and we could beat them 30-40 times in a row, but are they really going to care now? They beat us in the big one where it mattered most.

Unless we meet them in another SC final and beat them within the next few decades, anything we do will pale in comparison.

Thats the harsh reality that we're faced with now.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 03:42 PM
This is as far as I got before I almost fell over laughing - is that your solution: hatred of Hearts?

I understand we're all hurting, but anybody signing on for this nonsense is condemning the club to years more of the same old failure -

THEY are NOT the PROBLEM - they never were - Where does HATRED fit into that "sporting integrity" concept that we're all throwing at RFC by the way?

Thanks for making me laugh after such a debacle of an afternoon at Hampden:thumbsup:

"Hate Horrible Hearts" - there you go - nice alliterative catchphrase for you all to sing in your delusion!

You're right. Lets not hate Hearts and continue to show them the same dignity and respect like we did yesterday.....

I'm sure they'll return the favour some day. :rolleyes:

HibbySpurs
20-05-2012, 03:45 PM
I just took my bairn to McDonalds and badly mis-timed it but it proves the OP right, as I sat there munching my burger the place started to fill up with yams, and slowly I could feel me getting angrier and angrier to the point that we ended up finishing quickly and leaving before I ended up saying something to one of them.

I realised in thiat short spell that Idetest these inbred, scarf twirling ...... They are lording it and with good reason because we would be doing exactly the ********* same.....

People talk about how there isnt the poison in our rivalry and how this somehow makes it "sweeter" and a better spectacle, well ****** that bcause you can see they hate us, the OP is dead right we should rachet it up an mak it known that we wont stand for this sort of anymore from our club against anyone, especially these caravan dwelling trash....

Pretty ********* stands, top rank training facilities and tidy looking accounts mean absoloutely all when our biggest rivals are laughing in our faces even though the live beyond their means, their fans dont give a monkeys how they do but so long as they do better than us they are happy.

The message from the Hibs support hast be clear to our board that this status is no longer acceptable and we as fans will not tolerate it any longer, without us there is no Hibernian FC and it's time for us to demand better of the club and if that means we turn nasty then so be it.

Now some may be surprised I've written the above as a lot of people see me as a moderate regards the s c u m but as I said last night, yesterday had to be a watershed and I know now for me it has been WE MUST ALTER THIS NOW, NO MORE GETTING THE RIPPED OUT OF US. WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC AND WE DESERVE BETTER.

Rant ends, GGTTH

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 03:46 PM

I *think* the point is to have a team of players who show passion. Yeah, the OP focuses on Hearts but I don't care so much about that, I care about a team of players who bleed green.

matty_f
20-05-2012, 03:53 PM
For us to get the culture we need stability in the manager's post and in the playing squad.

Fenlon has got to get the right sort of player in this summer. Getting them in early is critical.

Fenlon then needs them to help him set the standards on the training ground. This then has to carry onto the pitch.

Crucially, we need to keep these players for 2-3 seasons minimum.That way we lay the foundations of the right culture at the club. The derby should be part of the manager's overall job assessment, and continued failure in these fixtures should carry severe consequences.

HibbySpurs
20-05-2012, 03:54 PM
I *think* the point is to have a team of players who show passion. Yeah, the OP focuses on Hearts but I don't care so much about that, I care about a team of players who bleed green.

100% correct and for too long we as supporters have shrugged our shoulders and accepted our "position", their all out in their gardens right now having BBQ'S and party's while we slink away being "nice about it".... Enough, I love Hibs and I want every person involved with the club to give 100% for the cause and fight to the bitter end, yesterday was just another classic example of us surrendering our birthright to a club in far worse condition than ours who have only a marginally better team.....

The difference, they wanted to win because it's fed down to them from the stands that failure is not tolerated, it's time we did likewise.

20-05-2012, 04:00 PM
I just took my bairn to McDonalds and badly mis-timed it but it proves the OP right, as I sat there munching my burger the place started to fill up with yams, and slowly I could feel me getting angrier and angrier to the point that we ended up finishing quickly and leaving before I ended up saying something to one of them.

I realised in thiat short spell that I detest these inbred, scarf twirling ...... They are lording it and with good reason because we would be doing exactly the ********* same.....

People talk about how there isnt the poison in our rivalry and how this somehow makes it "sweeter" and a better spectacle, well that bcause you can see they hate us, the OP is dead right we should rachet it up an mak it known that we wont stand for this sort of anymore from our club against anyone, especially these caravan dwelling trash....

Pretty ********* stands, top rank training facilities and tidy looking accounts mean absoloutely all when our biggest rivals are laughing in our faces even though the live beyond their means, their fans dont give a monkeys how they do but so long as they do better than us they are happy.

The message from the Hibs support hast be clear to our board that this status is no longer acceptable and we as fans will not tolerate it any longer, without us there is no Hibernian FC and it's time for us to demand better of the club and if that means we turn nasty then so be it.

Now some may be surprised I've written the above as a lot of people see me as a moderate regards the s c u m but as I said last night, yesterday had to be a watershed and I know now for me it has been WE MUST ALTER THIS NOW, NO MORE GETTING THE RIPPED OUT OF US. WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC AND WE DESERVE BETTER.

Rant ends, GGTTH

100% agree :agree:

Most hearts fans hate hibs more than they love hearts. They hate us and we hate them but they care more about just getting 1 over on us. They wouldn't care if they finished 11th just as long as we finished 12th! The thing they love more than anything is our 1902 thing. Sad but I guess that mentality and hatred has given them the amount of derby wins they have. We, on the other hand hate them but aren't as obsessed, but now we need to be, we need to drill home how big the derby is to players. Can't take anymore humiliation from them, enough is enough!

lucky
20-05-2012, 04:33 PM
They do hate us more than their love for their own club. But as Hibs fans our love is for our club. That's what separate us from them. Two clubs , one city but different mentality and philosophy. Hibs are a artisan club whilst the yams are establishment club. Never want Hibs to be like that mob even though we got thumped again

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 04:37 PM
They do hate us more than their love for their own club. But as Hibs fans our love is for our club. That's what separate us from them. Two clubs , one city but different mentality and philosophy. Hibs are a artisan club whilst the yams are establishment club. Never want Hibs to be like that mob even though we got thumped again

To me, that just translates into us being the losers.

We should be the establishment club in Edinburgh, we should be establishing our authority against them, not the other way around!

sh00byd00
20-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Or maybe we should just buy a better back 4, midfield grafter and a good keeper. Most of our derby losses in recent years have been down to comical keeping errors and s***e defending. Even when we had Brown & Co in our team, we were losing to them because of mistakes from our defensive minded players. Nae point in having Bobby Dazzler up front if we've not got anything up back.

HibbySpurs
20-05-2012, 05:02 PM

Then our "philosphy" is wrong mate. The artisan club? Well whoop ********* dee, being artisan got us humiliated yesterday beyond all belief, enough is enough. I dont want to be like them either but one thing that clown Graeme Souness once said has stuck with me for years....

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"....

We've been "good losers" for far too long, now we are losers and I'm sick of it.

Am I jealous of Hearts fans tody? you bet your mortgage I am mate. I want it to be me taking my kids to trophy parades, I want it to be me entertaining other Hibby friends today in my back garden with a case of beer and some BBQ burgers. I want to be laughing at how they were and how we them over.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING ON THE LOSING SIDE, TIME AFTER TIME.... I AM A HIBBY AN PROUD OF IT. IT IS TIME FOR US AS FANS TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED, WE MAKE IT CLEAR TO THE BOARD WE ARE NOT ********* HAPPY AND THEN WE MAKE SURE THAT ANYONE WHO WANTS TO WEAR OUR JERSEY UNDERSTANDS WHT THAT ENTAILS, YOU EITHER SWEAT & BLEED HIBS OR YOU CAN GTF.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Then our "philosphy" is wrong mate. The artisan club? Well whoop ********* dee, being artisan got us humiliated yesterday beyond all belief, enough is enough. I dont want to be like them either but one thing that clown Graeme Souness once said has stuck with me for years....

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"....

We've been "good losers" for far too long, now we are losers and I'm sick of it.

Am I jealous of Hearts fans tody? you bet your mortgage I am mate. I want it to be me taking my kids to trophy parades, I want it to be me entertaining other Hibby friends today in my back garden with a case of beer and some BBQ burgers. I want to be laughing at how they were and how wethem over.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING ON THE LOSING SIDE, TIME AFTER TIME.... I AM A HIBBY AN PROUD OF IT. IT IS TIME FOR US AS FANS TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED, WE MAKE IT CLEAR TO THE BOARD WE ARE NOT ********* HAPPY AND THEN WE MAKE SURE THAT ANYONE WHO WANTS TO WEAR OUR JERSEY UNDERSTANDS WHT THAT ENTAILS, YOU EITHER SWEAT & BLEED HIBS OR YOU CAN GTF.

You're like me mate. Completely bonkers :wink: but only because you're passionate about the club. :agree:

We need to get rid of these loser outfits once and for all and get some passionate nutters signed up ASAP.

HibbySpurs
20-05-2012, 05:18 PM
You're like me mate. Completely bonkers :wink: but only because you're passionate about the club. :agree:

We need to get rid of these loser outfits once and for all and get some passionate nutters signed up ASAP.

hahahaha, thanks (I think)....

I'm terribly angry today, I thought I could cope with it this time yesterday but seeing them strutting around today has really really hurt me. As I said I want that to be me.

However I think that we as fans now need to "grow a pair" and make our voices heard that what is happening is unacceptable, sometimes I think Hibs dont deserve the support they have but sometimes I think we as supporters get exactly what we deserve because we're always looking for moral high ground and being the "good guys" all the time.

Like I said they dont care about that and the evidence is damming that they have and we have not.

The club has to do it's part by providing a good product of which we can be proud of but we need to show our support and our dissatisfaction as required. Right now the club should be fearing the mother of all backlashes from their own fans for the current debacle but sadly it seems there are still far too many apologists running around with green & white replica kits on.

Proud to be a Hibby, always will be, not proud of being humilitated at everyturn by a bunch of idiots from across the city.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 05:29 PM
hahahaha, thanks (I think)....

I'm terribly angry today, I thought I could cope with it this time yesterday but seeing them strutting around today has really really hurt me. As I said I want that to be me.

However I think that we as fans now need to "grow a pair" and make our voices heard that what is happening is unacceptable, sometimes I think Hibs dont deserve the support they have but sometimes I think we as supporters get exactly what we deserve because we're always looking for moral high ground and being the "good guys" all the time.

Like I said they dont care about that and the evidence is damming that they have and we have not.

The club has to do it's part by providing a good product of which we can be proud of but we need to show our support and our dissatisfaction as required. Right now the club should be fearing the mother of all backlashes from their own fans for the current debacle but sadly it seems there are still far too many apologists running around with green & white replica kits on.

Proud to be a Hibby, always will be, not proud of being humilitated at everyturn by a bunch of idiots from across the city.

Couldn't agree with you more mate. :aok:

We need to waken up to the fact that the world isn't fair and that football is no different.

You don't win things fairly. We've got to grab success at every given opportunity, no matter what it takes.

The cup could have been ours yesterday, but the club didn't grab it with both hands, thats why we missed out.

When a club falls short of giving it absolutely everything its got, its shameful to say the least.

Dropkick Murphy
20-05-2012, 08:10 PM
The club seems to have gone softer and softer since Petrie decided to back the 'players revolt' instead of John Collins. JC seemed to want to instill the right ethos into the club; better fitness, more discipline and more passion. The 'professional footballers' couldn't be bothered with the extra training though.

Since then, we've hardly seen any sort of effort or commitment from the players. It's as if anybody we sign knows that they will have it easy. If we are to see any significant improvement next year then Fenlon will really have to create a tougher atmosphere in the dressing room, hopefully started by a very tough preseason.

NAE NOOKIE
20-05-2012, 08:30 PM

Who was saying that hatred of Hearts was a solution to Hibs problems as a football club.

What I am saying is that our dismal and appalling, bordering on shamefull, record in derby matches has to change. Do you think its a coincidence that for years now that no matter what sort of team we have had at the time Hearts have always managed to get the better of us more often than not. Do you think that it was an accident that in the match following the 7 - 0 game, which we can no longer crow about thanks to Saturday, that Hearts beat us 4 - 0 at Easter Road.

When you support a team which has no chance of EVER winning the league, your only goal is to get the better of your biggest rivals either by winning cups or by beating them in derby matches. As far as I an concerned that starts by changing not only our attitude to this rivalry but also the attitude within the club until the players are terrified of losing to Hearts. The rest will hopefully follow.

I once heard a rangers fan who had been told Ibrox will be the best stadium in Scotland say ..." I will be happy to have the best stadium in Glasgow.

How can we hope be the one of the best clubs in Scotland when we cant even be the best club in Edinburgh ?

1Eddie_Turnbull
20-05-2012, 08:43 PM
When I started reading the thread about the need for a change in culture at the club I was thinking it would be good to discuss the need for a change in mindset throughout the club. That change needs to be a more forward thinking, structured and strategic change which will create a successful club with quality players who possess the right attitude and plenty of passion for the cause. Instead it turned into the stereotypical Scottish football mentality diatribe about hating other folk and obsessing about other teams. In my opinion this is part of the problem. In recent times it's the like of Riordan, O'Connor and Griffiths who are the players held up as 'real' Hibees who know what the club is about. They probably fit into the description of the type of players some want more of. I would contend that it is this type of player Hibs need to get rid of. Small time mentality, haven't (or unlikely to) achieve the levels their ability should have allowed, given too much too young and unwilling to work as hard as they should yet only too happy to kiss the badge and milk the applause. They're impostors and compared to players like Ormond, Turnbull and Baker they are an affront to Hibs. Incidentally, the three old boys I mention didn't have to display overt expressions of hatred towards Hearts to prove how much they cared or how much it meant! We should only be concentrating on sorting Hibs, as a club, out and the rest will take care of itself. I appreciate everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's fine but some of the ***** on here with regards to how Hibs players and fans should be behaving is ridiculous (even accounting for the fact that yesterday's events are still a bit raw).

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 09:03 PM
When I started reading the thread about the need for a change in culture at the club I was thinking it would be good to discuss the need for a change in mindset throughout the club. That change needs to be a more forward thinking, structured and strategic change which will create a successful club with quality players who possess the right attitude and plenty of passion for the cause. Instead it turned into the stereotypical Scottish football mentality diatribe about hating other folk and obsessing about other teams. In my opinion this is part of the problem. In recent times it's the like of Riordan, O'Connor and Griffiths who are the players held up as 'real' Hibees who know what the club is about. They probably fit into the description of the type of players some want more of. I would contend that it is this type of player Hibs need to get rid of. Small time mentality, haven't (or unlikely to) achieve the levels their ability should have allowed, given too much too young and unwilling to work as hard as they should yet only too happy to kiss the badge and milk the applause. They're impostors and compared to players like Ormond, Turnbull and Baker they are an affront to Hibs. Incidentally, the three old boys I mention didn't have to display overt expressions of hatred towards Hearts to prove how much they cared or how much it meant! We should only be concentrating on sorting Hibs, as a club, out and the rest will take care of itself. I appreciate everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's fine but some of the ***** on here with regards to how Hibs players and fans should be behaving is ridiculous (even accounting for the fact that yesterday's events are still a bit raw).

I understand where you're coming from.

But as far as i'm concerned, unless we get players in with a general hatred towards Hearts, they'll continue to pound us time and time again, because its abundantly clear that their players hate us.

If we can't match their aggression on the pitch, then it won't matter what names we have on the team sheet. They'll simply continue to out fight us and beat us to every ball.

Our record against them over the years clearly reflects this issue.

Hearts are arrogant *******s, but they have every right to be unfortunately.

muirhousehibby
20-05-2012, 11:04 PM
John Collins wanted to change the culture at the club, training hard and longer. He never got the backing and from there on the club has gradualy fallen on its knees.

He's now at livingston fc were he's trying to do the same they train mon,tue,thurs and friday 9am-3.30. Wed being there day off. Time will tell how livingston do under him and john hughes, culture needs to be installed at a young age.

joebakerforever
21-05-2012, 12:07 AM
I understand where you're coming from.

But as far as i'm concerned, unless we get players in with a general hatred towards Hearts, they'll continue to pound us time and time again, because its abundantly clear that their players hate us.

If we can't match their aggression on the pitch, then it won't matter what names we have on the team sheet. They'll simply continue to out fight us and beat us to every ball.

Our record against them over the years clearly reflects this issue.

Hearts are arrogant *******s, but they have every right to be unfortunately.

That's plain daft and ignores that Hibs continually sold off the quality players we once had, and replaced them with an inferior product.

You seem to believe that Hearts domination is down to hate, I would suggest better self discipline, technical ability, and ensuring there are a fair sprinkling of players over 6ft who can easily outmuscle the midgets that we continually field.

Christ just look at our league position over the last two seasons, it's not just the results against the Jambos that are crap, we're mince against nearly everyone !

So according to you, so long as we recruit Hearts haters, we'll be ok - aye right.

Let's just ignore technical ability, and physique, etc., and if someone like Henrik Ojamaa had arrived from Estonia at Easter Road for a trial, he would have been bombed out for lacking a "general hatred towards Hearts".

I guess then that there's no point in Rudi Skacel offering his services to us when he becomes a free agent :devil:

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 12:11 AM
That's plain daft and ignores that Hibs continually sold off the quality players we once had, and replaced them with an inferior product.

You seem to believe that Hearts domination is down to hate, I would suggest better self discipline, technical ability, and ensuring there are a fair sprinkling of players over 6ft who can easily outmuscle the midgets that we continually field.

Christ just look at our league position over the last two seasons, it's not just the results against the Jambos that are crap, we're mince against nearly everyone !

So according to, you so long as we recruit Hearts haters, we'll be ok - aye right.

Let's just ignore technical ability, and physique, etc., and if someone like Henrik Ojamaa had arrived from Estonia at Easter Road for a trial, he would have been bombed out for lacking a "general hatred towards Hearts".

I guess then that there's no point in Rudi Skacel offering his services to us when he becomes a free agent :devil:

Perhap "hatred" wasn't the best way to put it.

But they're certainly far more up for it than we ever are.

Even when we had players with great technical ability and technique (Mowbray era), their record was still better than ours in that time frame.

How do you explain that?

HibsMax
21-05-2012, 12:24 AM
I've said this already and I apologise upfront for speaking for other people but I think the main point is having players at the club who play with passion for the badge. Hearts are our biggest rivals so it kinda follows that players should be up for those games......but of course they should be up for all games. Beating Hearts is not the most important thing but if you can't get motivated to put in a spirited performance against your bitterest rivals, what can we expect when we play the rest of the league?

Diclonius
21-05-2012, 12:29 AM

So according to you, so long as we recruit Hearts haters, we'll be ok - aye right.

"Golden Generation" (2004-05 - 2006-07) results against Hearts

Played: 14
Won: 4
Drawn: 3
Lost: 7
Goals for: 16
Goals against: 27

Hibs average points per season: 55
Hearts average points per season: 62

Very little difference in the league against Hearts with one of our best teams in recent years and we lost half of all derbies we played. We also never scored more than two goals (and haven't for over nine years) whilst they did so four times.

Even "quality players" couldn't hold their own against Hearts. If that doesn't stop now, and I sincerely hope this result has done just that, we can just throw in the towel against them for eternity.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 12:31 AM
I've said this already and I apologise upfront for speaking for other people but I think the main point is having players at the club who play with passion for the badge. Hearts are our biggest rivals so it kinda follows that players should be up for those games......but of course they should be up for all games. Beating Hearts is not the most important thing but if you can't get motivated to put in a spirited performance against your bitterest rivals, what can we expect when we play the rest of the league?

I think you bring up a vital point here.

If we have players that can't summon up the motivation to put up a fight against Hearts, then where are they going to find the motivation to take on any of the other clubs in the SPL?

Thats been our problem for far too long.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 12:36 AM

Very little difference in the league against Hearts with one of our best teams in recent years and we lost half of all derbies we played. We also never scored more than two goals (and haven't for over nine years) whilst they did so four times.

Even "quality players" couldn't hold their own against Hearts. If that doesn't stop now, and I sincerely hope this result has done just that, we can just throw in the towel against them for eternity.

Thanks for finding the stats as I was interested to see them myself.

We need to wake up to the fact that quality isn't all about skill and technique, but about having the will, hunger and desire to get another one over on your rivals.

Thats one thing we can't fault Hearts for. Even when their own chips are down, they're still able to raise their game more than we do and more times than not, turn up trumps.

We need players at the club that not only "know" what it means, but "feels" what it means as well.

Pete
21-05-2012, 12:46 AM

Romanov pumped millions into hearts during that period and brought in some top quality players. It was just an absolute **** that our golden generation were around at the same time as they were artificially propped up. There are other periods of hearts domination that take a bit more explanation but that period is a bad example.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Romanov pumped millions into hearts during that period and brought in some top quality players. It was just an absolute **** that our golden generation were around at the same time as they were artificially propped up. There are other periods of hearts domination that take a bit more explanation but that period is a bad example.

Sadly, I think we can pick out examples from more or less every decade. Hearts have had the better of us even in our so called "golden ages".

I also don't think the Mowbray example is really a bad example at all. Most of the players Hearts had at the time where vastly over rated and over paid lithuanians.

Even although we were finishing above Hearts quite comfortably in the table, their records where still better than ours.

Pete
21-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Sadly, I think we can pick out examples from more or less every decade. Hearts have had the better of us even in our so called "golden ages".

I also don't think the Mowbray example is really a bad example at all. Most of the players Hearts had at the time where vastly over rated and over paid lithuanians.

Even although we were finishing above Hearts quite comfortably in the table, their records where still better than ours.

Whit? It's got to be the worst example you could ever use!!

That hearts team was immense and was almost entirely funded by Romanov. These "over-rated" Lithuanians were full internationals and one of them even had a champions league medal.

There is definitely something in what you say regarding the overall situation but look back at their squad from 2005 and you'll see the quality. If Romanov wasn't there that would have been a period of domination for us.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 01:29 AM
Whit? It's got to be the worst example you could ever use!!

That hearts team was immense and was almost entirely funded by Romanov. These "over-rated" Lithuanians were full internationals and one of them even had a champions league medal.

There is definitely something in what you say regarding the overall situation but look back at their squad from 2005 and you'll see the quality. If Romanov wasn't there that would have been a period of domination for us.

The first season Mowbray was in charge, we finished above Hearts quite comfortably, yet the derby record that season was still in their favour.

The next season seen Hearts finish 2nd and although they had a superior team to us at the time, we still had a great team and managed to finish 4th. Yet i'm pretty sure we're the team that they scored the most goals against that season. :dizzy:

Hearts always seem to be at their best when they're playing us and we always seem to be at our worst.

Sure, other factors may tip the odds in Hearts favour, but theres absolutely no excuse for the manner in which we lose to them most of the time.

We haven't beaten Hearts in 3 years. Is there any other secure team in the league that haven't beaten them for 3 years?

Diclonius
21-05-2012, 01:52 AM
The first season Mowbray was in charge, we finished above Hearts quite comfortably, yet the derby record that season was still in their favour.

The next season seen Hearts finish 2nd and although they had a superior team to us at the time, we still had a great team and managed to finish 4th. Yet i'm pretty sure we're the team that they scored the most goals against that season. :dizzy:

Hearts always seem to be at their best when they're playing us and we always seem to be at our worst.

Sure, other factors may tip the odds in Hearts favour, but theres absolutely no excuse for the manner in which we lose to them most of the time.

We haven't beaten Hearts in 3 years. Is there any other secure team in the league that haven't beaten them for 3 years?

SPL members 2012-13, last wins against Hearts:

Aberdeen: 27th January 2010, 3-0 away (two seasons ago)
Celtic: 13th May 2012, 5-0 at home (this season)
Dundee Utd: 20th February 2012, 2-0 away (this season)
Hibernian: 7th May 2009, 1-0 away (three seasons ago)
Inverness CT: 21th January 2012, 1-0 at home (this season)
Kilmarnock: 29th October 2011, 1-0 away (this season)
Motherwell: 1th May 2012, 1-0 away (this season)
Rangers: 21st April 2012, 3-0 away (this season)
Ross County: Never beaten them (except on penalties)
St Johnstone: 24th March 2012, 2-1 at home (this season)
St Mirren: 2nd February 2010, 1-0 at a neutral venue (two seasons ago)

So, aside from a team that haven't played in the top flight of Scottish football until the forthcoming season (and will most likely beat them too) Hibs have gone the longest without securing a win against Hearts. How many times have these teams beaten them since the 7th May 2009?

Aberdeen - 2
Celtic - 9
Dundee Utd - 7
Inverness CT - 1 (one season in the First Division)
Kilmarnock - 3
Motherwell - 7
Rangers - 8
St Johnstone - 6
St Mirren - 2

Quite astonishing.

Pete
21-05-2012, 02:01 AM

So, aside from a team that haven't played in the top flight of Scottish football until the forthcoming season (and will most likely beat them too) Hibs have gone the longest without securing a win against Hearts. How many times have these teams beaten them since the 7th May 2009?

Aberdeen - 2
Celtic - 9
Dundee Utd - 7
Kilmarnock - 3
Motherwell - 7
Rangers - 8
St Johnstone - 6
St Mirren - 2

Quite astonishing.

That is astonishing. It actually defies logic.

Sunny1875
21-05-2012, 03:03 AM
I don't feel its Only the mentality against Hearts that needs to change, I truly feel that we need to create a siege mentality around Easter Road, If Pat Fenlon identifies a player he wants then proper moves should be made to secure said player, When a player steps over the door at club they should know in no uncertain terms what is expected of them, That being a professional attitude all the time, 'Billy bigtimes' should not be tolerated. The Players we have to start next season should know they have a job to do, That Job is making OUR club, THEIR club a real force in Scottish football. If that means training becomes a full time job then so be it, These guys do receive more than a full time wage for most of us after all. Anyone not fully committed to the cause should go, no long looks in the mirror, Doors there don't let it hit you on the erse as your leaving. Only some of the players we have had this season have displayed a willingness to win i cant understand why any professional would have anything other than that. Some players are genuinely not good enough to wear a Hibs strip , No names I don't think that helps or is necessarily a good thing right now. Some of our current squad benefited from loanees like McPake and the attitude he displayed others did not, we need to know why someone who represents us is prepared to settle for second best at any time. Defending should start with the front two, Attacking starts from the goalkeeper. Our team should be a unit and if someone is injured, or suspended the player stepping in should display the same passion, and commitment.
Each player should fight for the jersey and each other no less should be tolerated.

That's the Mentality that needs to change at our club, and it needs to change from Now

PeeJay
21-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Who was saying that hatred of Hearts was a solution to Hibs problems as a football club.

What I am saying is that our dismal and appalling, bordering on shamefull, record in derby matches has to change. Do you think its a coincidence that for years now that no matter what sort of team we have had at the time Hearts have always managed to get the better of us more often than not. Do you think that it was an accident that in the match following the 7 - 0 game, which we can no longer crow about thanks to Saturday, that Hearts beat us 4 - 0 at Easter Road.

When you support a team which has no chance of EVER winning the league, your only goal is to get the better of your biggest rivals either by winning cups or by beating them in derby matches. As far as I an concerned that starts by changing not only our attitude to this rivalry but also the attitude within the club until the players are terrified of losing to Hearts. The rest will hopefully follow.

I once heard a rangers fan who had been told Ibrox will be the best stadium in Scotland say ..." I will be happy to have the best stadium in Glasgow.

How can we hope be the one of the best clubs in Scotland when we cant even be the best club in Edinburgh ?

In a way I understand the feeling/emotion behind your post - however, you mention the word hatred quite a few times and you even couple it with hatred and bile at one point: so why mention it so often if you are not pushing for it as the way forward?

You are of course correct in that we certainly need a radical rethink of everything connected with Hibernian football club - The only way forward IMO is to start at the TOP of the club, and I feel we actually will have to spend money to get out of the hole we are in: it must be obvious to everyone, surely?

As to attitude (which is a fair point on your part) I'd personally go for passion, pride and professionalism - there is no place for hatred - it's the wrong emotion, nothing positive will come of it.

Hearts are "better" because they have had money pumped in - if we want to be the best team in Edinburgh, win cups, leagues, get into Europe and progresss once we are there - we surely need to invest in the team and get some quality players in there - seems simple enough to me.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 10:17 AM
That is astonishing. It actually defies logic.

Unfortunately it doesn't really defy logic at all.

We can have far better players than Hearts, but still maintain a shocking record against them.

You don't beat your rivals with better players, you beat them out of sheer desire and hunger.

Something that we sadly always seem to be lackng in.

21-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Unfortunately it doesn't really defy logic at all.

We can have far better players than Hearts, but still maintain a shocking record against them.

You don't beat your rivals with better players, you beat them out of sheer desire and hunger.

Something that we sadly always seem to be lackng in.

Absolutly. In big occasions like derbies its all about mentality and who shows the most desire to win and unfortunatly we never seem to show that desire. Even with a better team we still struggle to beat hearts simply because we go in with the mind set that we are the smaller team. Hearts call themselves "big team" and us "wee team" and unfortunatly our players seem to believe that.

PatHead
21-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Getting beaten by Hearts is nothing new. I am sure Lawrie Reilly mentioned in his book that our greatest ever team had a poor record against Hearts.

I do however agree that a new attitude needs to be created within Easter Road and accepting 2nd best is not one of the requirements. As I mentioned this has to come from the board down though. We should not accept Thomson's performance on Saturday. How many times has he done it in the past to us and how many times will he do it in the future? I mentioned on another thread how Celtic got upset with decisions in games going against them. Two years ago they composed a video of certain refereeing decisions that had gone against them over the season. They presented it to the refereeing committee at SFA and last season they had no problems. Noticable how certain refs got dropped out the SPL and have now resigned.

Let the press know a new broom has arrived at Easter Road and get some positive vibes around the place. Make Easter Road a place where people want to come and don't choose St Johnstone/St Mirren/Dundee Utd etc over Hibs.

Hibs as a family have to man up, but do it with professionalism, facts, manners, dignity and honour. Let people know that on and off the pitch we will not be bullied and will not accept second best.

Aldoo
21-05-2012, 12:06 PM

Aberdeen - 2
Celtic - 9
Dundee Utd - 7
Kilmarnock - 3
Motherwell - 7
Rangers - 8
St Johnstone - 6
St Mirren - 2

Quite astonishing.

I'm actually surprised that anybody finds this astonishing, it is blatantly obvious that the sheer desire Hearts players have when beating us is not and has rarely been matched by Hibs teams (both good and bad).

How many times do you see Hearts scoring winners/equalisers/adding to their lead in the last 10 minutes of a game against us? Now compare that to how many times you see them doing the exact same thing against anyone else etc. The Hearts players you see struggling to beat St Mirren/St Johnstone etc are not the same players mentally that turn up for Hibs games. If they were they would not be sitting fighting for 5th/6th place, it purely comes down to desire and their will to win against us.

This will and desire to be top dogs in Edinburgh must surely come from the moment they walk through the door, whether they be young players coming through their academy or some Eastern European who has never heard of us, it is drilled into them that they must beat Hibs. This gives them a purpose and immediate affinity with Hearts and they feel they must carry out that mission to beat us, did Hamill and Grainger worry you when they were at Killie and St Johnstone, absolutely not, how many times did you walk away from a Caley game at Easter Road thinking 'that Ian Black ran the show again today' but they look unbeatable against us now and yet they are the same player but with a different mentality.

We on the other hand, when a player arrives at the club they are probably asked nicely to do well for Hibs and we won't stand in your way if a club comes calling with an offer that matches Hibs valuation, where is the moment when it is drilled into them what it means to play for us, we continually get frustrated when players don't feel it the same way we do, Hibs are in our bones and we will never lose that, the same cannot be said for the players and it won't happen until on your first day you are immediately told what it means to play for this great club.

Until then don't be surprised with more of the same.

superfurryhibby
21-05-2012, 12:20 PM

In the interests of accuracy I think it needs pointed out that the next game after 7-0 was at Tynie and they won 4-1. I know that cause it was my frirst ever derby.

I understand your sentiments but it's totally misplaced. They generally win because they generally have had better players than us, at least for much of the past three decades. Personally, I don't give a **** about Hearts. They are not the yardstick against which the Hibs must be judged. Aye, they are our oldest rivals and all of that but there's still only three points at stake when we meet.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm actually surprised that anybody finds this astonishing, it is blatantly obvious that the sheer desire Hearts players have when beating us is not and has rarely been matched by Hibs teams (both good and bad).

How many times do you see Hearts scoring winners/equalisers/adding to their lead in the last 10 minutes of a game against us? Now compare that to how many times you see them doing the exact same thing against anyone else etc. The Hearts players you see struggling to beat St Mirren/St Johnstone etc are not the same players mentally that turn up for Hibs games. If they were they would not be sitting fighting for 5th/6th place, it purely comes down to desire and their will to win against us.

This will and desire to be top dogs in Edinburgh must surely come from the moment they walk through the door, whether they be young players coming through their academy or some Eastern European who has never heard of us, it is drilled into them that they must beat Hibs. This gives them a purpose and immediate affinity with Hearts and they feel they must carry out that mission to beat us, did Hamill and Grainger worry you when they were at Killie and St Johnstone, absolutely not, how many times did you walk away from a Caley game at Easter Road thinking 'that Ian Black ran the show again today' but they look unbeatable against us now and yet they are the same player but with a different mentality.

We on the other hand, when a player arrives at the club they are probably asked nicely to do well for Hibs and we won't stand in your way if a club comes calling with an offer that matches Hibs valuation, where is the moment when it is drilled into them what it means to play for us, we continually get frustrated when players don't feel it the same way we do, Hibs are in our bones and we will never lose that, the same cannot be said for the players and it won't happen until on your first day you are immediately told what it means to play for this great club.

Until then don't be surprised with more of the same.

:top marks

Nail hit firmly on the head.

Every player that walks through the door MUST know what it means to beat Hearts. If we can't drill that into them as soon as they arrive, then we're failing as a club and don't deserve to even be considered their rivals.

It hurts to say it, but thats the reality of it.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 12:23 PM
In the interests of accuracy I think it needs pointed out that the next game after 7-0 was at Tynie and they won 4-1. I know that cause it was my frirst ever derby.

I understand your sentiments but it's totally misplaced. They generally win because they generally have had better players than us, at least for much of the past three decades. Personally, I don't give a **** about Hearts. They are not the yardstick against which the Hibs must be judged. Aye, they are our oldest rivals and all of that but there's still only three points at stake when we meet.

You're wrong.

What about pride? What about dignity? What about respect?

Everytime we lose to Hearts, we lose just that little bit more of these things.

Theres far more than just 3 points at stake.

ac1
21-05-2012, 12:27 PM
You're wrong.

What about pride? What about dignity? What about respect?

Everytime we lose to Hearts, we lose just that little bit more of these things.

Theres far more than just 3 points at stake.

Correct! Hearts know there is so much more than just 3 points at stake when we play