PDA

View Full Version : Could hibs step into rangers shoes

Monts
20-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist I'm obviously not reffering to the sectarian nonsense, and am asking purely hypothetically, mainly so there's something else to talk about.

Now it looks likely that rangers will be on a bit more of a level with the rest of us, could we splash the cash to be the ones to take second place each season? We are looking like we need a whole new squad for next season anyway so it would be the perfect time to do it. We are one of 3 teams outside the OF who have the fanbase to grow, and if we were bringing in champions league money then we could really make a go of it.

I'm guessing this is probably the reason why Romanov is sticking around just now when they clearly have no cash, so should hibs be looking at this as an option?

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Yes, they should, but, don't hold your breath.

The_Todd
20-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Right now we can't even fill our own shoes, but hypothetically yesterday showed crowds wise we could fill the rangers void. Which is why I'm annoyed Hibs "fans" such as Brian Kennedy would rather pump their millions into poor wee hard done by Rangers than the team they profess to support.

fatbloke
20-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Ask Rod. I think there are two chances of this being facillitated by our board.

Slim and absolutelyno

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 12:47 PM
We should be pushing for 1st place next season IMO.

Anything less than the treble would be a disgrace.

Fergus52
20-05-2012, 12:50 PM

?

fatbloke
20-05-2012, 12:51 PM

I think you have drunk a few trebles:greengrin Nice thought though.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 12:53 PM
?

If we're going to talk about ridiculous feats, then we may as well go all the way. :cb

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 12:54 PM
I think you have drunk a few trebles:greengrin Nice thought though.

I think the players drunk a few trebles before the game yesterday.

joe breezy
20-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Hearts may get a buyer who sees that opportunity, won't happen with Hibs though...

Hearts will be the perfect replacement for the Huns, complete with Union Jacks and as much hatred for Celtic

Hibs90
20-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Hearts may get a buyer who sees that opportunity, won't happen with Hibs though...

Hearts will be the perfect replacement for the Huns, complete with Union Jacks and as much hatred for Celtic

As per a text I got yesterday. "Hibs are no longer our rivals."

20-05-2012, 01:23 PM

:faf: aye orite then . . .

brydekirk
20-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Yes, with petrie behind us maybe no

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 01:30 PM

It's no real wonder that they don't consider us rivals anymore if i'm being brutally honest about it. Rivals actually put up a fight instead of rolling over.

We certainly view Hearts as rivals, but when was the last time we had a squad of players that viewed them as such?

Monts
20-05-2012, 04:08 PM
If we're going to talk about ridiculous feats, then we may as well go all the way. :cb

Why is it ridiculous? I'm not saying its going to happen but its not beyond all possibility.

joe breezy
20-05-2012, 05:43 PM
It's no real wonder that they don't consider us rivals anymore if i'm being brutally honest about it. Rivals actually put up a fight instead of rolling over.

We certainly view Hearts as rivals, but when was the last time we had a squad of players that viewed them as such?

Wait and see, this Hearts team is about to be decimated..they won't be building on this success at all

It's a last hurrah, they're no even keeping their manager

ManBearPig
20-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Yeah lets follow rangers into mountains of debt and liquidation whilst chasing trophies :rolleyes:

As for hearts they will now rely on the youth set up and riccarton. Hibs East mains and youth set up.

If its one thing we have its infrastructure, now if we can only get the other part, what was it now................ YEAH SOME F^&KING PLAYERS THAT CARE ABOUT THE CLUB AND NOT JUST THEIR DRINKING AND DRUG TOKENS AT END OF THE MONTH.

basehibby
20-05-2012, 07:12 PM

:agree: Not to mention a mountain of unsustainable debt and players they cannot afford to pay.

ScottB
20-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Well we could surely bid for their history, thus removing our Scottish Cup problem at a stroke...

The Falcon
20-05-2012, 07:35 PM

You think somebody is going to buy Hearts? Seriously?

Monts
20-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Yeah lets follow rangers into mountains of debt and liquidation whilst chasing trophies :rolleyes:

As for hearts they will now rely on the youth set up and riccarton. Hibs East mains and youth set up.

If its one thing we have its infrastructure, now if we can only get the other part, what was it now................ YEAH SOME F^&KING PLAYERS THAT CARE ABOUT THE CLUB AND NOT JUST THEIR DRINKING AND DRUG TOKENS AT END OF THE MONTH.
Who said anything about mountains of debt? We're not going to compete with Celtic, second place is achievable. Are you saying we would need to go into mountains of debt to put together a better team than Motherwell?