PDA

View Full Version : Success, leadership and what now

FLHIBS
20-05-2012, 12:28 PM
I think without doubt that the club lacks any leadership at the top. What we require is one of the UK's top business leaders over the past 20 years, someone who started from nothing and through hard work, dedication, sacrifice,being tenacious, hunger and the ability to motivate others and share in the success that all those qualities normally bring........some like SIR TOM FARME.........oops we all ready have him !

This is the part I just cannot get, how can a man that was so successful in business, show a complete lack of any of the above qualities in our football club.....................now, I'm not blaming him or asking him to go etc.etc.etc........ all I ask is that STF take a long hard look and decide what else he can do as a successful man to get the club moving.

Big Ed
20-05-2012, 01:03 PM
I think without doubt that the club lacks any leadership at the top. What we require is one of the UK's top business leaders over the past 20 years, someone who started from nothing and through hard work, dedication, sacrifice,being tenacious, hunger and the ability to motivate others and share in the success that all those qualities normally bring........some like SIR TOM FARME.........oops we all ready have him !

This is the part I just cannot get, how can a man that was so successful in business, show a complete lack of any of the above qualities in our football club.....................now, I'm not blaming him or asking him to go etc.etc.etc........ all I ask is that STF take a long hard look and decide what else he can do as a successful man to get the club moving.

It is well documented that STF wouldn't have anything to do with a football club if it didn't have the emotional pull of being his community club.
Football clubs are surely anathema to any serious businessman: hence the increasing number of hooks, crooks and comic singers who want to take them over. Think of the fact that an annual salary of between £50,000 and £100,000 a year is considered peanuts to professional players.
Our business model of rearing young talent and then selling them on at a profit appears to have hit the buffers and the quality of player that we can attract does not match the expectations of our support.
Management and leadership are two different things and I think that Petrie offers neither, although I do think that he still has a role to play. Fenlon gives the impression that he knows the extent of the problem, but his job is massive.
Getting to the Final gave us a boost financially; I dread to think how many STs we would have sold if we hadn't, but crowds are dwindling and if the rot cannot be stopped, we could find ourselves in terminal decline.